The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sick puppies doing tricks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-05, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sick puppies doing tricks"
Some of you may think this is funny but if you have kids you know how ticked I am. I took my 6 year old trick or treating just as I have every year in the same neighborhood of the lovely metropolis of #####, TN. We are having a good time and everyone is being nice and saying she's so pretty, too pretty to be a witch (her costume), she's saying trick or treat every time and I thank everyone. La de da, we are going along and we come to a really cool house that's all decorated and there are several people on the porch. A man and a dummy holding the bin of candy are on the porch swing. My daughter goes up to man and says tot. The man replies get two pieces of candy out the bin. As she does a woman on the porch says "Don't". I have no time to react and the dummy screams and grabs my kid. She freaks out, goes running, screaming, and crying off the porch. It would have been funny if she didn't get scared but she did! The people don't apologize to me; they just laugh and laugh like it's the funniest thing ever. You may disagree and think it's funny but I think it's so frigen mean to scare little kids. Some people just get their kicks by doing cruel tricks, I guess.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks wandacal 11-01-05 1
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks syren 11-01-05 2
   RE: Sick puppies doing tricks brvnkrz 11-01-05 6
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks dabo 11-01-05 3
   RE: Sick puppies doing tricks India 11-01-05 7
       RE: Sick puppies doing tricks dabo 11-01-05 8
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks adricharlie 11-01-05 4
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks Puffy 11-01-05 5
   RE: Sick puppies doing tricks mhb0125 11-02-05 9
       RE: Sick puppies doing tricks dabo 11-02-05 10
           RE: Sick puppies doing tricks tvgeek401 11-02-05 11
               RE: Sick puppies doing tricks dabo 11-02-05 12
           RE: Sick puppies doing tricks India 11-02-05 18
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks dragonflies 11-02-05 13
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks Draco Malfoy 11-02-05 14
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks FishWoman 11-02-05 15
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks ropefish_3 11-02-05 16
 RE: Sick puppies doing tricks bystander 11-02-05 17
 why i'm better cqvenus 11-02-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-01-05, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
It would have been funny if she didn't get scared but she did!

EXACTLY!

When those idiots saw her reaction, they should have apologized PROFUSELY to your daughter and you!

I don't have children and I admit that I don't know everything there is to know about kids. But if a child EVER ran away screaming and crying over something I did, it wouldn't be funny anymore.

Give her extra candy tomorrow and let her watch an extra hour of Nickolodeon!
See what a great parent I would make?

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-05, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Halloween.

Thats all I am saying. It's not just about candy.

What?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
BOO!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
It's always crummy whenever one person's fun involves spoiling another person's fun, but frightening a little kid who is just out to enjoy the holiday is unpardonable.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

India 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail India Click to send private message to India Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
>It's always crummy whenever one person's
>fun involves spoiling another person's
>fun, but frightening a little
>kid who is just out
>to enjoy the holiday is
>unpardonable.

Absolutely. If your daughter was a teenager, or if the offender was another child (from the sound of your post, was the "dummy" an adult?), then I'd be more inclined to say, "Eh, what are ya gonna do? Kids are kids." But a 6 year old? She's a baby for God's sake!

I hope she has more fun next year.

11-01-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Wow, that's a great siggy!

SMILES ARE FREE

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Getting to scare people seems to be a big part of Halloween. Actually, the only thing I see wrong with what happened is your daughter is only 6 so you would think they wouldn't have done it to her. I would be upset also if it had happened to my youngest, who is 5 and already deathly afraid of Halloween, but probably would have laughed hysterically if it had happened to my 8 or 11 year old.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
That is really really mean. I hope she remembers which house it is and T.P.'s it in about 10 years.

A SyrenŽOriginal

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-02-05, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
I had mean thoughts running thru my head about ways to get them back. We have been going to the same neighborhood for quite a while so I will definetly remember the house. If anybody here is a "Yes, Dear" fan then you will remember the episode where Sammy gets scared and Greg goes to "get back" at the people. That immediately popped into my head but if you watched the whole episode Greg and Jimmy thru hard boiled eggs at the house which broke a window, climbed into the backseat of the owner's car when the cops came and couldn't get out when the owner got in the car, opened the door of the vehicle at the gas station to try to escape only to let the owner's dog out, and they wound up in Vegas. I know all those things wouldn't happen to me but I just don't want to end up in jail and be banned from the area. I'll be sure to post what happens next year. I have a year to think about what to do to get those *bleepers* back in a legal way!!

11-02-05, 01:50 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Don't boil the eggs and don't aim at windows, they're too easy to clean off really. Use really old unboiled eggs. And don't be afraid to employ some rotten tomatoes while you're at it.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-02-05, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Sounds like you've got some experience in vandalism.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
mental note: never do anything to dabo that requires payback.

11-02-05, 02:37 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
uhhh.... no comment. But, you know, why go to the bother of boiling eggs you aren't going to eat, makes no sense.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

India 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail India Click to send private message to India Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
You forgot the flaming bags of poop on the doorstep.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Something similar happened to my daughter when she was 5. She would never go back to that house again. But she still loves Halloween and trick or treating. Kids are resilient.

that was still way to mean to do to a little girl

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
I thought the line was usually scare but don't touch.

Fvcktards.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-02-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
This exact scenario was the theme of Sunday's "For Better or For Worse" comic strip.

Perhaps the perpatrators thought that if it was acceptable for a nationally syndicated comic strip, it would be acceptable for your town.

~Tribephyl made this!~

ropefish_3 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-02-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ropefish_3 Click to send private message to ropefish_3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
Who thinks they have the right to grab someone else's kids?! That would give my kids nightmares for days and teach them not to trust people. That is so infuriating, I want payback.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-02-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sick puppies doing tricks"
I agree that it was not right to scare the your daughter.

My family likes to go all out with spooky decorations. Fog machine, scary noises, scary bodies laying around, etc on Halloween. DW dresses up to hand out candy. She told me there were several little kids that wouldn't even come up to our house for trick or treating. She walked out to give them candy. She would never ever attempt to scare the little ones.

I have a 6 yo DD and there are several houses in our neighborhood that she refuses to go to because of them being scary. I leave it up to her if she wants to venture forward. At one, the parents warned their teenaged sons that a little girl was coming up and they shouldn't scare her. Teenagers don't give a rats behind about who they scare. You would think adults would know better. I'm assuming these were the adults? If so, I'd be royally p'd also.

I know it would be fun but I don't think it justifies vandalism.

Playing devil's advocate you could always not go to the scary houses.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "why i'm better"

lol

i had to title this reply that cuz i realized that's what i was going to say, basically... that i'm better.

cuz i love scaring kids. but the way *we* plan it is that there's a person walking around at the edge of the driveway shooing people in and out. and if there are really hesitant kids, or really little kids, we use a walkie talkie to warn the scarer not to be scary. and they usually take their mask off as the kid approaches, say hi, and be friendly, instead.

some people are just stupid. i love scaring kids, but i'd rather not kill one (we had a couple of kids stay back b/c they had heart conditions) or traumatize it for life.

~ cqc

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •