The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Minor spoilers in Probst interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Minor spoilers in Probst interview"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-02 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

I haven't seen this interview cited in any threads yet:

http://www.nandotimes.com/entertainment/story/270566p-2484694c.html

Possible poilers/hints include:

On the general attitude:

"What we learned (in Africa) was the lack of available water worked against us," he continued. "They were so miserable. Their misery showed. "We didn't like the in-fighting in Africa. I did not like what they were doing," he said. "I don't like it being a soap opera. "You'll see from the first episode in Marquesas a different vibe, a different group dynamic," Probst said. Being back on a tropical island means a better mood, Probst said. "There's more joking." In fact, the contestants cheer for each other when someone completes a difficult task, Probst said. "There's much more camaraderie and much more levity," Probst said about "Survivor: Marquesas." "It's more like the first season. "There's a feeling here of 'This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience,'" Probst said.

On the challenges:

"The immunity challenges this time are fairly simple. In Africa, we had huger challenges. In Marquesas, we went for small and simple, like a coconut toss. We don't have that as a challenge, but it was about how simple can we be."

SB NOTE: Does this mean fewer challenge vidcaps (since should be obvious what the challenge is) or more (since it will possibly be harder to tell who's winning.)

On the water:

"We have some moments when someone's afraid of the water," he said. "This is in an ocean. You're going to the water to live; there'll be at least one immunity challenge in the water. "But everybody encouraged that person," Probst said. "We learned from 'Survivor: Africa' that it's about the characters, not the environment," Probst said.

SB NOTE: Doesn't this contradict all the "the environment is the 17th survivor" crap Burnett and Probst have been saying for almost 2 years?

On winning:

Probst said he was surprised Ethan Zohn, the nice, quiet guy, won by "flying in under the radar" on "Survivor: Africa." He had expected Lex, the ruthless guy, to win, just like Richard Hatch had in the first "Survivor."

SB NOTE: You can bet that he wasn't saying this BEFORE they "settled" with Lex on 2nd place money.

Success on "Survivor" boils down to being adaptable, Probst said. He noted Rudy Boesch in the first series learned to simply be in the background and form his alliances. "Survivor" is a game involving deception, and morals can get in the way, Probst said. "He (Richard Hatch) said, 'There aren't any morals. It's an amoral situation. It's a game.'" It's the closest thing to office politics, Probst said. "Every day you're working with people you like, some you don't like as much. You're forming relationships and alliances. "I think they (the contestants) are a little more savvy; they're aware this is a popular television show. It's something we have to combat."

SB NOTE: In other words, it doesn't sound like an Ethan-type personality wins again this time.

On the players:

"Hunter is a natural born leader," Probst said about the former Air Force pilot, who was decorated for his service. "Sarah is definitely the pinup girl," Probst said. "Sean is one of the three funniest guys on the show. Gabriel is Christopher Atkins of 'The Blue Lagoon,'" he said. "He looks like he was born on the beach."

SB NOTE: You wouldn't think he'd be bothering to be wasting his time talking much about the first players to be out of the game, so can we rule these folks out as bootees for the first few episodes?

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Minor spoilers in Probst interv... idiotcowboy 02-26-02 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-26-02, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Minor spoilers in Probst interview"
Great find webby... interesting insights if nothing else!

BTW- this reminds me a bit of the radio interview recounted by performanz, but with actual quotes instead of memory. At least we know know that Jeffy is telling a similar story where ever he goes.

The most interesting thing from a spoiler perspective from my opinion is the reference to the players (Hunter, Sarah, Sean, and Gabe). Somehow I don't think any of them will be leaving us soon! Also I may be reading too much into this, but the people JP found most interesting all seem to be Maraamu (other than Gabe)... I don't find that too suprising either!

-ICB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •