The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ranking the guest "judges""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-06-07, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ranking the guest "judges""
With the trainwreck of J.Lo week looming, what are you thoughts on the guest judges/coaches of the season?

I think Lulu has been the best by far - she really got into it. Peter Noone and Diana Ross were also good, and Tony Bennett was okay. As much as I love Gwen Stefani, she didn't really seem to give the Idols too much advice.

Luna's Eclipses

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ranking the guest "judges" nailbone 04-06-07 1
 RE: Ranking the guest "judges" bullzeye 04-06-07 2
   RE: Ranking the guest "judges" peppergirl54 04-06-07 3
 RE: Ranking the guest "judges" susang 04-06-07 4
   RE: Ranking the guest "judges" agman 04-06-07 5
       RE: Ranking the guest "judges" prosecutor 04-07-07 6
           RE: Ranking the guest "judges" agman 04-07-07 7
 RE: Ranking the guest "judges" priestdi 04-07-07 8
   RE: Ranking the guest "judges" agman 04-07-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
I agree with those rankings.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-07, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
I agree that for us viewers, Lulu certainly appeared to be the best mentor to the contestants. It would be interesting to get the contestants perspective on this though, as what we saw was potentially skewed by the fact that Lulu appeared on a two hour show, whereas both Gwen and Tony were on a one hour show.

My point is that a two hour program gave the editors much more time and flexibility. If Gwen/Tony were on two hour programs we may have seen much more of their input/advice.

A birthday present from Tribe

peppergirl54 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail peppergirl54 Click to send private message to peppergirl54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
That's true-about having 2 hours vs 1. Of course, I am very predjudice when it comes to Peter Noone, aka Herman. He was my childhood idol!!

And I thought he and Lulu were so incredibly sincere and sweet, didn't act as though they were above the singers in any way, just as though they were there to mentor them and give them 'fatherly and motherly' advice from professionals who've had incredible years of success and experience.

I can't imagine J.Lo being a mentor-but it'll be interesting to see this. She probably is really a nice person, just overdone in the media. At this point, I don't think a lot of 'mentoring' is going to make too much difference. What do you guys think??

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
I fully agree with how you rated the guest judges. GS was truly lackluster. She showed no enthusiasm while mentoring the contestants.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
>I fully agree with how you
>rated the guest judges.
>GS was truly lackluster.
>She showed no enthusiasm while
>mentoring the contestants.
Count me in also. From what I saw,(and as Bullzeye said It's hard to tell on a one hour show) She did seem the least interested in the contestants. I thought the others have done a great job.

A snidget original

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-07-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
J.Lo does not want to be called that any more she wants her name back. I don't know how good she will be since Melinda, Jordin and Lakisha can outsing her. I am waiting to see.

04-07-07, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-07 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

>J.Lo does not want to be
>called that any more she
>wants her name back. I
>don't know how good she
>will be since Melinda, Jordin
>and Lakisha can outsing her.
>I am waiting to see.
I think any of them can outsing j. lo. This might be thefirst time the contestants sound better than a mentor! I'll bet she won't sing on Wed night! I agree Melinda, Jordin an Lakisha could blow her off the stage.

A snidget original

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-07-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-07 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

I loved LuLu.

Nigel recently suggested she would make a good judge on X-Factor, which is shaking up its panel next year. either he's heard it from Simon, whose show that is, or else he's just rambling.

she would be great though. can't you see her having fun with Sharon O?

04-07-07, 10:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ranking the guest "judges""
>
>
>she would be great though. can't
>you see her having fun
>with Sharon O?

I think LuLu would be a great American Idol Judge.

A snidget original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •