The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cheney out, Condi in?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cheney out, Condi in?"
Everybody knows that Washington loves a juicy rumor and this isn't the first time Cheney stepping aside has been at the heart of just such a rumor. Nonetheless, how smart would the GOP be to get someone into the VP slot who actually has a shot at 2008.

THIS rumor has Condi stepping aside if Cheney needs to resign over the whole Plame imbroglio.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/10/19/111925.shtml?et=y

Assuming this rumor is true about Cheney stepping aside (I don't believe it for a minute) who should Bush select as his new Veep?

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerbal... Estee 10-19-05 1
   RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powe... PagongRatEater 10-19-05 2
       RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powe... Estee 10-19-05 3
           RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powe... PagongRatEater 10-19-05 4
               RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powe... Estee 10-19-05 5
   RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powe... canadagrl 10-20-05 15
 RE: Cheney out, Condi in? HistoryDetective 10-19-05 6
 RE: Cheney out, Condi in? TeamJoisey 10-19-05 7
   RE: Cheney out, Condi in? PagongRatEater 10-19-05 8
 RE: Cheney out, Condi in? echogirl 10-19-05 9
   RE: Cheney out, Condi in? PagongRatEater 10-19-05 10
       RE: Cheney out, Condi in? echogirl 10-19-05 11
           RE: Cheney out, Condi in? PagongRatEater 10-19-05 13
 RE: Cheney out, Condi in? okaychatt 10-19-05 12
 RE: Cheney out, Condi in? dabo 10-20-05 14
   RE: Cheney out, Condi in? Estee 10-20-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
The Republican Party. As currently constructed. Relying on the White Christian Fundamentalist base for their power. Nominating a female. Of African descent. For the vice-presidency.

Sorry about that. I had to break it down into small pieces before I tried to swallow it.

10-19-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
She is a Christian, a conservative and appeals to a lot of the folks like me who would like to see the party expand the base without sacrificing ideals. I've never been a fan of the Condi '08 movement just cause she doesn't really have the skins on the wall yet, but as a serving VP she would easily be the frontrunner.

Not that any of this is going to happen anyway, but I love to talk about hypotheticals...which would make me an awful SCOTUS nominee.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

10-19-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
PRE, what would freak a pretty large percentage of money contributors out -- along with a lot of people on The Hill, even though none of them would admit it -- is this little inescapable right-in-your-face, can't-miss-it aspect popularly known as Not Being White. The Powers That Want To Keep Being aren't willing to have a woman one heartbeat away. The prospect of any skin that wasn't pink touching the surface of the big desk would give us at least four emergency elections to fill in vacant Congressional seats. With that big a wave of heart attacks moving through the buildings, there would be a few fatalities. And what would Dr. James Dobson say?

Besides blaming godless liberal homosexual perverts, I mean. That's pretty much a given.

10-19-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
Well, it IS their fault - hurricanes, bird flu, and my not so random toe stubbing this morning.

You could be right, but I think the GOP likes winning more than anything else. I could be wrong, though. I'm sure that there are people who would be...um...uncomfortable with a VP Rice. I am definitely not one of them.

10-19-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
5. "RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
It's nice to know my careful rearrangement of your furniture is finally starting to pay off.

And you just accidentally hit on another reason this isn't likely to happen: the GOP would be afraid of losing. Votes. Lots of 'em. People who are 'just a little bit uncomfortable outside their social group' vote too. You'd be amazed how many of them there are.

canadagrl 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-20-05, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail canadagrl Click to send private message to canadagrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: And tomorrow, I'll win the Powerball jackpot."
>The Republican Party. As currently
>constructed. Relying on the
>White Christian Fundamentalist base for
>their power. Nominating a
>female. Of African descent.
> For the vice-presidency.
>
Hmmm, I wonder which would be a bigger impediment, race or gender.
Don't have any examples of race, but for gender, how about Benazir Bhutto, who was Prime Minister of Pakistan, a country where a woman needs 4 male witnesses to support a rape allegation, or she can be charged with adultery. There are other examples of females being leaders of very "conservative" countries, can't think of them now (oh, just thought of Indira Ghandi, former PM of India, land of bride burning), but I've always been curious about how/why that happens.
Maybe as the US continues to move more in that direction of social conservatism, the possibility of a female leader actually increases?
>

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
Three days ago, Condi quite definitively told Tim Russert on "Meet the Press" that she is not interested in serving as president, that is flattered by the Draft Condi movement, but that is not what she wants to do with her life. "I don't know how many ways to say 'No.'" (Of course, she never actually said "No." She said everything else that strongly implied it. Interpret as you wish.)

Other than that, I think that Estee's analysis is spot-on.

I'm nuts for Nutz ... and Syren too.
journal

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-19-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
I pitched a similar theory (Cheney's health) in the newsroom following the election, but the VP/nominee to be in my scenario was Frist. Obviously, he's no longer a candidate.

Perhaps Condi. But if the GOP is really only interested in winning, McCain would be a good choice. His appeal crosses lines, and I don't think the Dems have a candidate to match.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

10-19-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
This may shock you, but for the moment McCain is my guy for 2008, mostly because there's not a lot of other strong candidates out there. Bush certainly did the party a disservice by picking Cheney - then again the GOP may need a candidate that isn't connected to this adminstration with current approval ratings.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-19-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
Keep it in the family, pick Jeb

10-19-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
I wish Jeb had run first. I always liked him better than his brother.

How YOU doin' J?!? Glad to see you lurking about!

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-19-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
How YOU doin' J?!? Glad to see you lurking about!

Oh just peachy

Seriously though I doubt we see Condi as veepee or even as an 08 candidate. I may not know my presidents well, but I'm pretty sure they've all been white guys

As for who will run and who can win? I think much depends on what happens to some of the Bush cronies. If a bunch go down, Bush could become one of the most lame duck presidents we've ever seen, and I'm sure many Republicans who have been towing the line, but are not particularly close to the president, will begin to distance themselves. Afterall politicians want to win.

Possibilities? McCain is a definite possibility for 08. I think Rudy Giuliani will run. Chuck Hagel may run. I've heard George Allen mentioned. Frist. Will the Republican Party try to push even further to the right, potentially alienating it's more moderate base, or if they move a bit towards the center will they risk losing the very loyal and vocal far right wing. I think the Democrats have had a similar problem. You've got those wacky way out liberals like myself, and those closer to the middle. It's hard to please one group without alienating at least a part of the other group. So the pendulum may swing right, or it may swing left, but if it starts swinging too far in either direction it will eventually wind up in the middle. I think our next president, be they Republican or Democrat, will be closer to the middle.

How's that for analysis!

10-19-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
The problem with nominating a moderate is that the primary process is so largely controlled by the 'movement' people in the party, who tend to be more liberal or conservative than the mainstream in their party. The most passionate people - the ones who work the phones, put up signs, vote in droves and donate money - are typically the "true believers" who are motivated to make sure that their candidate wins.

Hagel will run but he has managed to piss off just about everybody in the GOP. Rudy would be a great national candidate, but is going to have a VERY hard time winning the nomination as a pro-choice Republican. Condi would be a nice VP candidate if she's interested, but it can't come across as pandering either. I agree on the Bush cronies, if he doesn't turn things around in the next two years it will definitely be a good thing if they nominated someone outside the adminstration.

The Dems obviously have Hillary, but I would be very surprised if she could win a national election. The Democrats would be very hard to beat if they nominated a Bill Richardson and I think he could run. It would interesting to see how that race plays out. Kerry and Gore might think about it, but the Democrats will not do well if they nominate those guys again.

And there's MY two cents.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-05, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
Hmmmmm - and Condi v. Hillary shootout in '08?

Makes me shake, because I couldn't vote for either of them at this point in time.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
The only credibility that I can grant this is that the Republicans in Congress would not wish to lose one of their own to the VP seat going into next year's election cycle. Rice, despite her impressive credentials, just doesn't have the bona fides to be a heartbeat from the Oval Office. Sorry but, you know, give us at least someone who has actually won an election for something. Oh.... wait...

10-20-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Cheney out, Condi in?"
Hush, you. That hall monitor ballot was completely fair.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •