The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-21-02, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Here are few new vidcaps from ep 1's Immunity Challenge. Looks like Maraamu are in trouble right from the start. They're clearly in the front from this angle, which is right at the start (running into the water), but they seem to take a tumble as soon as they hit the water. They're carrying their boat at waist level and it looks like this throws off their balance. By comparison, Rotu is a few paces behind, but they're carrying their boat at shoulder level and don't seem to be having the balance troubles Maraamu is having.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics Java 02-21-02 1
   RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics tribephyl 02-21-02 2
       RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics Java 02-22-02 11
 RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics Tatina 02-22-02 3
 RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics Swami 02-22-02 4
   RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics erikman 02-22-02 6
 RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics jkokoj 02-22-02 5
   RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics tribephyl 02-22-02 8
       RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics FesterFan1 02-22-02 9
           RE: Thanks for the photo tribephyl 02-23-02 13
       tribephyl jkokoj 02-22-02 10
 RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics TheWanderer 02-22-02 7
   RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics ivoryElephant 02-22-02 12
 Here's what I learned from the docu... Tatina 02-24-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-02, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Yikes, they sunk their canoe! I wonder if they have to tip it up to dump the water out. And the non-swimmer, Sean, is down in the water, which may freak him out a little. I wonder about Rotu, too. Do they have two women in front? It looks like Pat on the near side (in a two-piece suit...brrrr!) and the front of the boat is dipping down. They'll have to be careful not to bury the bow.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-02, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Firstly, Pat is on the same team as Hunter and Sean, so she couldn't be the one in the two piece leading on the near side of the far boat. C'mon now,Pat in a two piece? MB does want someone to be able the finish the first show without vomiting. so it must be either Zoe or Tammy...I'm going with Tammy.

Team Rotu(far boat Top to bottom Left to right):Zoe, Tammy, Kathy, Gabe, John, Robert, Neleh, Paschel
Team Maraamu(near boat T to B L to R):Sean, Hunter, Gina, Vee, Pat, Sarah, Rob, Peter

MB does have a way of tricking us with which team seems to be ahead in the promos, and who actually loses the IC's.
With Maraamu leading then we should take that they lose the IC (see also SIII's Boran and the Cart race,Samburu and the dung ball...and others)
Then he shows us the stumble, is that actually where Maraamu loses, or are we being lead into believeing that they actually might lose so therefore they must win. All seems kinda hokey, but MB is not above using reverse psychology to stump his audience.

Dropping the pirouge at the surf line does not necessarily mean that Maraamu loses the challenge. They just didn't get a great start. These pictures alone do not tell us outright that because Maraamu stumbles; Rotu wins IC. Although,it does fit so nicely with the Peter/Gina is out first TC, But then we might just be trying to fit the pictures with what we want to happen.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
LOL, my bad on the Pat label. We can all rest easy knowing she won't be parading around in a bikini!

What does everything think of the positioning of the two teams? Rotu has placed their strong men in the middle while Maraamu has their strength on the ends. Which would give an advantage? What kind of strategy led them to arrange themselves in this manner?

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Conviniently enaugh they will send a TV program about pirogue racing here tomorrow. It's part of a German series concentrating on World sports, and the previous installments have been really informative (I'm now somewhat familiar with hurling and Icelandic wrestling). I'll be watching very carefully, and if anything interesting comes up I'll tell it to you.

But I can tell you right away (I'm not having much experience on paddling the pirogue, but the rowing trips were a regular part of my childhood) that placing two muscular, heavy guys on the front of the pirogue might not be such a good idea for the balance if they are going to paddle as well as carry it.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
>

Maraamu seems to have used some smarts in where they placed each tribe member. Tall guy & strongest swimmer is in front. He can push & steady the boat as long as his feet touch & won't be afraid of water in his face. Sean can't swim much, but is strong & wirey so should be able to hang on & pull himself into the canoe whether or not he can still touch bottom, ditto Vecepia & Gina. Patricia & Sarah, the shortest two will probably pile in at about the same time as V. & Gina. Peter & Rob are the power pushers in the rear; with Hunter at the front, they can hold the boat steady while the middle four scramble in. Looks like a good plan and good teamwork to me.

Rotu people are too far away to see clearly, but I think they could have trouble getting into the canoe, carrying it so high. If the water is too deep when they all try to get in, they could be in trouble, but then boat captain Zoe may know what she's doing here.

I've never been in an 8-person canoe, but climbing into a floating 2-person canoe without flipping it is a delicate manouver in flat water. I can't imagine doing it in surf!

Swami

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-22-02, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
they should have put pete with hunter 2 tallest people in front and sean in the back so if sean falls he won't take them all with him

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-02 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

Ok I do not have too much to do today and I have been reviewing these pics.

Everyone has been speculating as to Peter being the first boot and the possible reason. I have speculated that Gina was bawling out Peter in early pics due to her body language and placement in the photo.

In the above pics Gina is directly behind Sean who falls. The rumor is that Sean cannot swim. In the last pic you can see Gina's harm and she appears to be reaching down to possibly help Sean instead of holding onto the pirogue.

Now, not only is Sean not holding on to the boat neither is Gina which could cause the demise of the tribe in this challlenge. This could be where the boat is filled with water or possibly flips. (Bare with me as I am not sure of all the correct pirogue terminology).

Back to the theory regarding the Peter boot. WHAT IF Peter is the one who goes off on Gina for letting go. Maybe Peter sees the loss as Gina's fault because Sean would have been able to recover on his own and that the team needed Gina to hold on to keep going.

Ahh wonderful speculation. As I said before I am not busy and boy do I want the show to start!

02-22-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
jkokoj, do you know where you saw the picture of Gina bawling out Peter(or VisaVersa). I have never seen the photo, yet I've heard of it thru speculation in a lot of other threads.

Can anyone post it?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"

This is the photo that started the idea of a Gina-Peter stand-off. That's Gina with her back to the camera, apparently saying something to Peter.

It has been speculated that this is a post IC photo and that Gina's posture looks accusatory and Peter's defensive. It's hard to tell from just this one still, and there may be others out there, but this is the one that started the discussion.

Fester

02-23-02, 03:56 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Thanks for the photo"
Thank you both Fester and jkokoj

OK now I feel a little better. I was under the belief that we were basing the arguement of Gina and Peter on the pic's of Maraamu arriving and clapping that had one of them missing.
But as I can see now from this pic, it definately looks like some sort of arguement. Whether Gina actually lays into him, or snidely criticizes his abilities or she is lashing out for something he said to her, I don't know. But they definately are the two at the center of the turmoil. AND like many times in survivor past the two at the center are the two to choose from.(see Diane and Clarence, Kim P. and Brandon, Kimmy and Alicia,etc.) I kept hoping that Maraamu would win IC, but from the look of it, and like everyone has said before, it must be a Maraamu loss at IC and either Gina or Peter goes first.

Darnnit and I was so hoping they would get rid of Robert from Rotu first...IMO

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-02, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "tribephyl"
Go down to Vid Caps - First Challenge thread by Bungler. There is a whole discussion whether or not Peter is missing from some pics and possibly why he is missing.

The specific picture I have been referring to is in ivoryElephant's post dated 2/8/02 at 10:03 p.m.

I hope this helps since I am not savvy enough to re-post the exact picture myself. Bungler and Paratrooper are my heros!!

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-22-02, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
Stupid question... are these "outrigger" type canoes? That is, do they have a "pontoon' type balancer on one side? If so, then it would be difficult (but not impossible) to flip over.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-22-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A few new Challenge 1 pics"
I read somewhere that Mark Burnett said there would be racial and sexual tension.
I wonder if Peter says something either racist or sexist to either Sean or Gina.
This could give him an immediate boot.

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

Tatina 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tatina Click to send private message to Tatina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Here's what I learned from the documentary..."
The documentary about the pirogue racing I saw the other day turned out to be a bit less informative than I had thought. It was about the waka ama racing in New Zealand and pretty much concentrated on the importance of the sport in reviving the Maori culture. Anyway, I did pick up some point I think might be useful.

It seems that the lineup really matters in the pirogue racing. The first person in the boat sets pace. One of the people they interviewed also told that the first person gives the direction to the boat, but on the other hand I read elsewhere that at least in the Tahitian 10 men pirogues the orders are given from the back of the boat. The middle section should be the power center of the boat. I noticed that in larger boats (mostly with a crew of six) the paddlers constantly changed the side they were paddling according to the orders of one person (who might be steering or leading). This was, of course, done in order to direct the boat properly, either to keep it going straight or make it turn.

They interviewed two of the top waka ama racers in New Zealand. They didn't seem overly muscular (especially the reigning champion in men's racing, who was just 16-years-old-boy), just very fit. It didn't seem strange after they explained that it isn't only the strenght that counts in this sports, but the balance, first and foremost. A good paddler should keep from leaning too much to one direction or another.

Now, considering this information I think that if Peter is steering (as he most probably is the last in line) he might indeed cost Maraamu the challange by giving bad orders. In addition the Maraamu lineup has the most considerable musclepower in the ends of the boat, not in the center, where it should be. On the other hand, Rotu has at least one of their fittest members (Gabe) fourth in the lineup.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •