The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiler - Episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jamus 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jamus Click to send private message to Jamus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiler - Episode 3"
I know where the next leg is. Don't look further if
you don't want to know.

Cape Town, South Africa

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Cole 03-14-02 1
   RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 trigirl 03-14-02 2
       RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Tumbler 03-14-02 3
           RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Cole 03-14-02 4
               RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Ruthless 03-14-02 5
                   RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Cole 03-14-02 6
                       RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Ruthless 03-17-02 7
                       RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 cmaybur 03-19-02 11
 RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 landruajm 03-17-02 8
   RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Ruthless 03-18-02 9
   RE: Spoiler - Episode 3 Loree 03-19-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-14-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
I thought this was common knowledge. I thought in the EW article or some article they listed all the places they were going. After South Africa they go to Namibia. Other places mentioned were Bangladesh (oh no, another squalid poor heartbreaking country), Thailand (again), Hong Kong, Australia. In the opening credits I am fairly certain I also saw on the map Tokyo, Los Angeles, New York, perhaps Vancouver.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-14-02, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
Getting from South America to South Africa should be no easy task. Anyone figured the best way to get there? (That is assuming they are allowed to fly something other than American Airlines.)

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
On The Early Show on CBS, the set had various national flags on it. There were two American flags along with Italy, France, China, Switzerland and one that appeared to be Argentina. There may have been others. Did anyone tape it? I suppose it is possible that they will go to Argentina and Switzerland.

Tumbler

03-14-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
In an article it was confirmed they don't go to Europe (too much anti-American sentiment) and they avoided Argentina because of the political upheaval. I think those flags are just designed to represent the world in general. Last round during TAR1 I know they had the Canadian flag there and, well... we know how disappointing that was.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
From the vidcaps posted after the first episode, it would appear they go to New Zealand.

So the route is - Las Vegas, Rio, Iguacu Falls, South Africa, Namibia, Bangladesh, Australia, New Zealand and back to the USA, hopefully via Canada for all our Canadian friends.

How many episodes are there and how many non-elimination legs?

Let's see

Episode 1 - Las Vegas to Rio
Episode 2 - Rio to Iguacu Falls
Episode 3 - Iguacu Falls to South Africa
Episode 4 - South Africa to Namibia
Episode 5 - Namibia to Bangladesh - long way - I'd say there'll be another stop in there somewhere
Episode 6 - Bangladesh to Australia
Episode 7 - Australia to New Zealand - 3 hour flight
Episode 8 - New Zealand to Canada?
Episode 9 - Canada to finish

So there's plenty of episodes left for extra stops and longer stops in some places. A stop from New Zealand to Canada in say Hawaii makes sense, as does a stop somewhere between Namibia and Bangladesh, and between Bangladesh and Australia, so that makes 12 episodes.

Redoing the above:

Episode 5 - Namibia to ???
Episode 6 - ??? to Bangladesh
Episode 7 - Bangladesh to ???
Episode 8 - ??? to Australia
Episode 9 - Australia to New Zealand
Episode 10 - New Zealand to Hawaii
Episode 11 - Hawaii to Canada
Episode 12 - Canada to finish

An extra episode in any of these places, say Australia (only becuase I live there!!) would add up to 13.

03-14-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
I am positive I read about Thailand and Hong Kong. Plus there is a shot of a giant Buddha during that fast flash in the opening credits. I know for a fact there is a giant Buddha on Lantau Island, which is part of Hong Kong.

I also thought there was a scene of a building that looked very Japanese. I would think they'd stop there this go around. And I think they'd avoid Hawaii - too many people would know about the show this time around. Plus they can get island shots from Thailand.

Episode 5 - Namibia to Bangladesh
Episode 6 - Bangladesh to Hong Kong
Episode 7 - Hong Kong to Thailand
Episode 8 - Thailand to Australia
Episode 9 - Australia
Episode 10 - Australia to New Zealand
Episode 11 - New Zealand to Tokyo
Episode 12 - Tokyo to Vancouver
Episode 13 - Vancouver to Las Vegas

I put the double episode in Australia because it makes the most sense. I actually wanted it to be South Africa but since I am eliminating the Grannies on the Namibia to Bangladesh leg (the earliest opportunity to transfer in Europe) I don't want them around any longer than necessary.

The three non-elimination legs make the most sense to me to be episodes 6, 8 and 10. I can't remember when they were last time, but I would think they would not be consecutive and can't start any earlier than episode 5. Last time I think Lenny and Karyn were the first beneficiary... Matt and Ana, Teachers, Moms, Paul and Amie, Grandparents, then Karyn and Lenny. So that would have meant episode 6 was the first non-elimination, right?

03-17-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
Your itinerary sounds more plausible than mine Cole. And your recollection of the non-elimination legs in TAR1 sounds pretty right too.

I've been studying those vidcaps that were posted after the first episode. The ones of the bungy jumping has to be in New Zealand - near Queenstown, South Island for those who want to go searching for it in an atlas. The airport sign is Auckland, which is on the North Island. Auckland is not the capital city of New Zealand, but it is the biggest and has an International Airport. They could fly into Auckland from Australia or out of Auckland to Tokyo.

The road tunnel looks so much like the one recently opened in Brisbane, and the lack of traffic helps to convince me it is Brisbane, rather than Sydney. Though what they would do in Brisbane by way of detours or road blocks is beyond me. Finding this tunnel to drive through it would be a big enough challenge!!

So I'm going out on a huge limb here and say while in New Zealand they go bungy jumping at near Queenstown, South Island, but before they get to New Zealand, they go through Brisbane in Australia. I've also speculated on the vidcap thread that it's one of the gutsy grannies bungy jumping because of what looks like longish grey hair.

Hopefully, we will get to see it here in Oz. If not, I hope the vidcap experts will post plenty of vidcaps, especially of the Aussie and New Zealand episodes.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
Yes, the first non-elimination point was Episode 6 (Tunisia to Italy) with Lenny and Karyn being saved from elimination just to have the joy and pleasure of traveling to India and visiting the Red Fort Market...

Episode 8 (Agra, India to Bikaner, India), Episode 10 (Tiger Cave Temple to the beach in Thailand), and Episode 12 (Beijing, China to Alaska) were the other non-elimination points.

Chris

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-02, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
If they don't go to Europe, how did one of the grannies have a meltdown in an airport there?

03-18-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
There is probably not a direct flight from Namibia to Bangladesh. The only way to get there would be by going through another country - Paris or Rome would be a logical choice.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-02, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Spoiler - Episode 3"
I wondered about the Grannies having a meltdown in Europe too. If they aren't going there maybe the Grannies got really lost and on the wrong plane. LOL!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •