The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Word of the day, sort of..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Word of the day, sort of..."
So, while in the bar, we were discussing some possible topics for a fun thresd. It was decided that I should post this.

OK...
I will list some words, and I want you to come up with possible definitions. Please don't look these up for the actual meaning, we want you to use your imagination. Points will be given for the most creative entries. (Of course, these points are like the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway? and are totally meaningless. )

And the words are:

fuscous

incarnadine

rhinorrhea

fomites

gadarene

Let the fun begin!

blah blah blog.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Fuscous HistoryDetective 09-28-05 1
   RE: Fuscous arkiegrl 09-28-05 5
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... frisky 09-28-05 2
   RE: Word of the day, sort of... arkiegrl 09-28-05 6
 Rhinorrhea HistoryDetective 09-28-05 3
 Rhinorrhea Puffy 09-28-05 4
   RE: Rhinorrhea arkiegrl 09-28-05 7
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... dragonflies 09-28-05 8
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... Dakota 09-28-05 9
   RE: Word of the day, sort of... Puffy 09-28-05 10
   RE: Word of the day, sort of... Lasann 09-29-05 11
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... adricharlie 09-29-05 12
   RE: Word of the day, sort of... byoffer 09-29-05 13
   RE: Word of the day, sort of... Dakota 09-30-05 17
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... Molaholic 09-29-05 14
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... Silvergirl1 09-30-05 15
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... mysticwolf 09-30-05 16
 RE: Word of the day, sort of... arkiegrl 10-02-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Fuscous"
Derivation: When I was in elementary school, my family took a trip to Sea World. I was in the hot sun all day. I was having so much fun that I didn't take time to eat, though I did drink a bunch of red Hi-C. That caught up to me later in the day as my family watched a dolphin show. I vomited all over the guy in the row in front of me. Since the only thing in my stomach was red Hi-C, all that came up was a bright fuchsia mucus --- which became known as

fuscous

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

09-28-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fuscous"
ewww

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
I'll play.

fuscous - a conundrum and it's cause, i.e. "there was a big fuscous I was late."

incarnadine - an eat-in establishment for carnies.

rhinorrhea - what you get when you spend too much time in the desert.

fomites - ACK! Sounds flea-ish.

gadarene - KoolAid that improves one's gaydar.

The world is my litterbox.

09-28-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
Well, considering you're the one who told me to post this, I would expect you to play.

Lvoe your definitions.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Rhinorrhea"
Let's just say that it's the reason that April picked her nose so much on Big Brother and leave it at that!

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Rhinorrhea"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-05 AT 01:57 AM (EST)

Speaking of mucus, rhinorrhea sounds like a runny nose. Diarrhea of the nose. Lots o'mucus running out uncontrollably.

A JSliceŽOriginal

09-28-05, 08:02 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rhinorrhea"
After reading HD's 2 posts, and yours, I'm really wishing I had eaten my breakfast before I opened up this thresd.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
Yea! Good job Arkie!

fuscous - the thickness of a plant's stems
incarnadine - having be rejuvenated
rhinorrhea - a bony nose
fomites - the tips of a stalagmite or stalatite
gadarene - no idea, I guess it is an adjective

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-05 AT 07:30 PM (EST)

>fuscous

A small grain used in many mideastern salad dishes.

>incarnadine

David Carradine's second cousin on his father's side. It really should be capitalized.

>rhinorrhea

Well, of course it's a runny nose. Jeesh!

>fomites

This actually kills teeny tiny buggers and, when used by someone from the deep south, it's pronounced fo'mites.

>gadarene

This is the second husband of Samantha from the ever popular tv series, Bewitched.

Arkie Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."

My thoughts, exactly, Dakota. You took the words right out of my mouth.

A JSliceŽOriginal

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-29-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 08:54 AM (EST)

incarnadine - David Carradine's second cousin on his father's side. It really should be capitalized.

Almost blew my head off trying not to lol at work!

ETA culprit phrase!

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
I wanna give this a try too......

fuscous - Actually not a real word. This is what Spartacus's dad would say when he was being a brat. - "Spartacus don't be such a fuscous!!!"

incarnadine - The true meaning is to not bring meat in to eat. Seems obvious "in" not, "carn" meat, "a" to, and "dine" eat. Plus David Carradines second cousins name has two R's not one, that's probably what threw you off.

rhinorrhea - bad time to stand behind a rhinocerous?

fomites - Those little tiny bugs that crawl into your ears and talk to you to make you think you're crazy. You know what I mean don't you or am I the only one that hears those voices?!?!?

gadarene - When a large group of people get together. "We had a gadarene of the fam' yesterday"

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
>rhinorrhea - bad time to stand behind a rhinocerous?

Yes, which is why they sell....

I think fomites comes from the French feauxmites, or fake mites. They are those imaginary mosquitoes that buzz near your ears when you are camping and are gone when you turn on the lights.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
> I wanna
>give this a try too......
>incarnadine - The true meaning is
>to not bring meat in
>to eat. Seems obvious "in"
>not, "carn" meat, "a" to,
>and "dine" eat. Plus David
>Carradines second cousins name has
>two R's not one, that's
>probably what threw you off.

So you're saying that David Carradine's second cousin is a vegetarian?

Arkie Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
May as well give it a shot -- but some of the best already taken =(

fuscous - Actually from Latin; the genus of the OCB syndrome best known by Felix Ungar (fuscous maximus)

incaradine - The trademarked name of the first fast food outlet (c. 1947) -- where you could "Dine in a car"

rhiorrhea - Used when introducing an endangered african animal to the actress known for being the salty-tounged waitress of Cheers

fomites -Opposite of aginmites.

gadarene - Chemical substance known for its ability to make people say "EEEE GADS!"

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."

fuscous - A festering cous.

incarnadine - What Jed sez to Nadine at the beginning of a car trip.

rhinorrhea - The horny runs. Figure it out for yourself.

fomites - Little pieces of foam that have fallen off the original big slab of foam, or the fomega.

gadarene - What Jasper sez to Darene when she does something really stupid.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Names used are fictionalized to protect the guilty and those with lower brain cell counts. Hi, Arkie!Swim with me

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
Oops. Sorry, Arkie. I haven't been paying good attention the past few days... But, I'm here. (And, I'll get my fun post assignment done soon. Promise. )

fuscous - a red N. African pasta?

incarnadine - David Carradine's younger brother?

rhinorrhea - Ummm... I work at the zoo. We have rhino's. You really don't want to be around when they have rhinorrhea.

fomites - teensy pieces of foam used as packing material?

gadarene - polyester garbadine replacement?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

10-02-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Word of the day, sort of..."
Thanks to those who played!

Here are the actual definitions:

fuscous - having a dusky brownish gray color

incarnadine - 1)Of a fleshy pink color. 2) Blood-red.

rhinorrhea - persistent watery mucus discharge from the nose (as in the common cold)

fomites - An inanimate object or substance that is capable of transmitting infectious organisms from one individual to another.

gadarene- Headlong; rash.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •