The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early People Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-06-02, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early People Analysis"
Never having seen these people interact and all it is hard to do this, but since there are a few things that stand out in the bio's I thought it might be worth a look. Especially since we were also give tribal information knowing where people come from with backgrounds etc. may be really helpful in determining who might hit it off early and who might clash. I also think it tells a lot about people what their luxury item is. The best luxury items have been things that everyone can share like a toothbrush, backgammon game, color book, or even the big ole Texas flag/tarp.

So, for what it's worth, here is goes.

Rotu (Awua Hakatea Valley Tribe)

Peter Hawkey, 45, Millis, MA
Bowling Alley/Wine Shop Owner
Luxury Item: Cologne

One of the older Rotu's, and being old, weak, or obnoxious usually equates to an early dismissal. It’s hard to tell who is obnoxious, but old is easy and weak somewhat easy as well. One thing that stands out with Peter is a Bowling Alley/Wine shop... is that an odd combo or what? I mean wine is generally something that is a bit more upscale for the average bowling league, perhaps not in New England, but in Texas Bowling alleys and beer go together... wine, well wine is a little too uppity for that. The luxury item of cologne seems a bit odd as well, I guess everyone will begin to smell a bit as time goes on, but is that really something that people would want to share? One thing in his favor is there is another MA resident on his team. They might share more in common than say someone from say California.

Gina Crews, 28, Gainsville, FL
Nature Guide
Luxury Item: Adventure Bag

Young and looks athletic enough probably will be able to hang under the radar for a little while unless she turns out to be exceptionally obnoxious. The nature guide occupation may work against her. On previous versions it seems that most of the outdoor adventurist have been singled out for eviction fairly early for various reasons. The adventure bag sounds like a group activity thing so that might help her make friends early. I don’t know why but for some reason I think she’s going to be the royal bitch queen though, after all that is always a fun role to cast (Jerri part 2?).

Sarah Jones, 24, Newport Beach, CA
Accounts Manager
Luxury Item: Pillow

A little young, but looks in fairly good shape. Not likely to be an early target unless she falters in a challenge. Pillow may indicate she is not in for the long haul as she may not be someone who will be able to rough it for a long stretch. Being younger though she likely will not make too much of a stir early on and coast in someone's shadow for a while (say Gina/Jeri?). Also unlike the MA alliance potential I see none between the CA contestants, their backgrounds appear to be just a little too diverse.

Hunter Ellis, 33, La Jolla, CA
Fed Ex Pilot
Luxury Item: Navy Wings from Grandfather

This guy could be an absolute jerk and he will still have no fear of eviction until really close to the swap/merge. Likely to take on the role of leader which may work against him in the long run, but early in the game he is indispensable and if he's smart he will know that.

Rob Marioano, 26, Canton, MA
Construction Worker
Luxury Item: Football

Young, athletic, and unlikely to go early. Personality is a key here, and how he interacts with the others will be interesting to see. The football is a good luxury item though and might win him a few friends early on. Will be interesting to see if he hits it off with Peter early, since they are both come from the same reason.

Sean Rector, 30, Harlem, NY
Teacher
Luxury Item: Bible

Another young and athletic looking guy, who looks to be tough mentally as well as physically being a teacher from Harlem. Could have some people interaction issue if he not able to relate to people who are not from the big city (although it sounds like he moved to LA after filming so maybe not). The bible as a luxury item is also very interesting. It might be fun to watch how he will interact with the young singles or a possible gay/lesbian that might be in his tribe.

Patricia Jackson, 49, Lugoff, SC
Truck Assembler
Luxury Item: Locket of Arabian’s Tail

She appears to be both old and out of shape, which is not a good combination early on. Her best hope is for her tribe to win the first immunity and make a whole lot of friends. Until then she has to be the leading candidate for removal. Luxury item appears rather useless as well. May be stronger or in better shape than it appears, but perception is reality and compared to her tribe members she does not appear to bring a whole lot to the table.

Vecepia Towery, 36, Portland, OR
Office Manager
Luxury Item: Notebook of Poetry she wrote

Hard to tell what her physical shape is, I get the impression she may be a little weaker than either Gina or Sarah though. May have a friend in Sean since both are African-American, but being from opposite parts of the country may negate some of that. Her poetry better be good if she intends to share it, but not sure poetry is a good selection.

In general the likely early evictees candidates appear to be Patricia and Peter. As well as Vecepia and maybe even Gina. The others, barring extreme personality issues, look solid at least until the "switch" or the merge.

Maraamu (Lime Hakaui Valley Tribe)

Gabriel Cade, 23, Celo, NC
Bartender
Luxury Item: Childhood Teddy Bear

Young and likely immature, but looks strong enough to be indispensable early. Teddy Bear luxury item is just plain odd, but hey he may need it to get any sleep. Might hit it off with the equally young Neleh, but I don’t see a generational divide forming this go around especially on this tribe.

Kathy Vavrick-O’Brien, 47, Burlington, VT
Real Estate Agent
Luxury Item: Canvas and Paints

She is the second oldest person and oldest female on this tribe, which may be enough to eliminate her early or even first. Doesn't look to be in as good of shape as the others but a little hard to tell. Likely an early target if her tribe goes down first, but might show some staying power if she makes it past the initial TC. Luxury item is not bad, and for this tribe it is down right good and might help them win a challenge like Kim J’s paints did.

Paschal English, 57, Thomaston, GA
Judge
Luxury Item: American Flag

He is the oldest guy this tribe and on S4 for that matter. Occupation as a judge may alienate him with some. Could provide a leadership/paternal relationship if he can hang on for a while, but may not make it that long. He has to be a leading candidate for early removal though and it would not be too shocking if he were the first one to go.

Robert De Canio, 38, Queens, NY
Limo Driver
Luxury Item: Voodoo Doll

He looks big and strong (and a little fat), but will not likely be an early target due to his strength. May have personality issues with a possibly gay John, the southern judge, or the independent women. Strikes me as the stereotypical New Yorker guy, in the same mold that Tom was the stereotypical big southern dummy. Hard to see right now who his alliances might be with given the make up of this tribe, but you never know. Oh, and the Voodoo Doll is not likely to endear him with many (especially the judge and the Mormon girl), but since he will likely be needed for team challenges I doubt he will be an early target.

John Carroll, 36, Omaha, NE
Registered Nurse
Luxury Item: Massage Oils

May be gay, which will not matter at all if he pulls his weight (like Rich did and Brandon didn’t). If he is physically up to task he will likely be spared for a while despite potential personality issues. Could also be a ladies man I suppose which is likely to repel the strong independent looking women of this tribe, a lot more than if he was gay. Massage Oils, hum, not going there.

Zoe Zanidakis, 35, Monhegan Island, ME
Fishing Boat Captain
Luxury Item: Necklace

She looks strong and independent. Should make it early on, but later could falter for the same reasons. She is unlikely to be evicted early on though, if for no other reason than her strength. May be rough on the edges like Susan Hawk was which could turn people off, but may have that balance of skills that could take her far in the game as well.

Neleh Dennis, 21, Layton, UT
Student
Luxury Item: Scriptures

Let's see, I'm assuming here that she is a Mormon college student. That might be interesting in and of itself. Looks rather weak though and being young and a little naive I would have to say she will be one of the early evictees.

Tammy Leitner, 29, Mesa, AZ
Reporter
Luxury Item: Picture of fiance and dog

Appears to be in good athletic shape, and will likely to hang around for a while. For some reason she also seems to be rather independent, as well, perhaps it is the reporter thing as those people are generally go-getter types. Because of that it is unlikely she will be booted early. At least it should be fun to watch two strong/independent women on the same tribe in Tammy and Zoe make the most fearsome alliance or get into the biggest catfight in prime time since Dynasty.

This tribe is a bit harder to make a call on. In general I think the likely evictees will be Pashcal or Kathy, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it were Neleh or John either. After the switch/merge I look for Tammy or Zoe to emerge as the leader of whatever is left of this tribe.

Damn I like this group better than S3 already... bring on the show!!!

Comments?

-ICB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nice Work Cowboy... IceCat 02-06-02 1
   RE: Nice Work Cowboy... Outfrontgirl 02-07-02 2
       You Are Right, OFG! IceCat 02-07-02 3
       RE: Nice Work Cowboy... Swami 02-07-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nice Work Cowboy..."
Excellent work on the athletic worth analysis...

You've identified some prime candidates for early dismissal as dead weight. Looking at your profiles, I would have to give the nod to Rotu for winning the first outrigger paddling challenge. If Rotu wins the first IC, then Kathy looks like a likely candidate for the Mara's first bootee. The fact that she was one of the first contestants identified, strongly indicates that she didn't make it that far into the game. Note Lindsey on S2... first identified and gone booted before merge.

Well there it is: I'm picking Kathy as the first bootee of S4!

Spoil early! Spoil often!

Thanks again for the great work, ICB!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-02, 05:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nice Work Cowboy..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-02 AT 05:54 AM (EST)

ICB, this is indeed Nice Work.

To add a little: I would say John is definitely gay, as he has dedicated his nursing and caretaking to AIDS work, so add that to the rest of the profile. (I realize that many dedicated AIDS workers aren't gay, but the whole profile fits.)

Military service:
A relatively high proportion of these new players have served in the military.

Hunter, Patricia and Vecepia from Maraamu.
John and Paschal from Rotu, plus Coast Guard Captain license for Zoe.

Of those six, three are Criminal Justice system professionals or have college degree in CJ: Paschal, John, Vecepia.

Fishing:
I think that on Rotu: Gabe, Nelah, and Zoe all being certified scuba divers could certainly make them valuable in the fishing dept, as they are comfortable diving, gear or no gear.

On Mara, Hunter is the diver and I feel he will provide fish.

Hunting:
Speaking of Hunter, none of these people list hunting on their bios. Now they go to a place where they CAN hunt and game abounds, where are Frank or Psycho-Skupin?

Likely early bootees

ROTU
I agree with you that Kathy is not a good fit for her tribe, unless she has a wonderful personality.

I am suspending judgment on Paschal (bad joke, but true).
Some judges are affable. Rotu looks to be weak in the male muscle dept., so I think Gabe, John, Robert, Nelah, Tammy, and Zoe will be needed for challenges.

MARA
On Mara, you could well be right about the doomed role of most qualified person in the wilderness: Nature Guide Gina. She'll show them which fruit is edible, and then she's gone, if she's overbearing, but Patricia looks expendable too.

Gina and Zoe strike me as the contestants who MIGHT be lesbian; I am not great with gaydar, but if Burnett did make an effort to cast lesbian cast members, I would pick them as the candidates. Unfortunately (IMO), Survivor has not been kind to the strong woman type of character.

May be a total coincidence but Sonja and Mad Dog were Aquarians, and Gina's Aquarius Sun/Venus, and Zoe has Aquarius Moon/Venus. The former women went early (but clearly age was the factor there and not sexual orientation; they were both very likeable although Marilyn might have gotten in trouble for being outspoken about everything if she had stayed around. I imagine she and Jerri would have really clashed, well perhaps a bad example...)

Patricia is this year's Tom and maybe Sue, and she might have entertainment value and not be a threat. She does 50 mile endurance runs, according to bio.

Peter may indeed be annoying. In fact, I expect him to be rather arrogant, possibly like Carl or Keith. At the same time he is physically probably pretty together, between yoga, working construction, hockey, and water sports.

Ice--A question on whom you are picking here:
>Looking at your profiles,
>I would have to give
>the nod to Rotu for
>winning the first outrigger paddling
>challenge.

Sounds good. Kathy sails, and Zoe is a fisherwoman and Coast Guard Capt. who grew up on an island; they have the boating skills on the bios (although we saw how that helped Kelly W. beat Gervase!)

If Rotu wins
>the first IC, then Kathy
>looks like a likely candidate
>for the Mara's first bootee.

But Kathy is on Rotu.

> The fact that she
>was one of the first
>contestants identified, strongly indicates that
>she didn't make it that
>far into the game.
>Note Lindsey on S2... first
>identified and gone booted before
>merge.
>
>Well there it is: I'm
>picking Kathy as the first
>bootee of S4!

Good argument, but she is on the same team as you picked to win IC!

>
>Spoil early! Spoil often!
>
>Thanks again for the great work,
>ICB!

I second that, Ice Cat.

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-02, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "You Are Right, OFG!"
Kathy is on Rotu...

I was going by ICB 's list which I interpreted as showing Kathy on the Maras. I probably read it wrong. I claim temporary insanity brought on by sleep deprivation.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nice Work Cowboy..."
>Unfortunately (IMO), Survivor has not been kind to the strong woman type of character.<

Yes! I agree and have often wondered about that. It would be an interesting topic to explore at some point, perhaps later in the game when there is something specific to address.

Swami

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •