The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-26-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
In a week I’ve been waiting for since Survivor 7 began, the most Diva-challenged survivor ever was finally booted! I may be the only person in the world saying this, but good riddance! Take your skirt-wearing, self-hating, high-school-obsessed, bite-infested hairy ass off MY island, Rupert!

Balboa Tribe

Darrah Johnson
I think I’ve finally figured out what the editors are trying to do with the Amazing Hidden Darrah. They are going for a sort of Greta Garbo thing with her. The less we see of her, the more mysterious and intriguing she becomes! Notice how this week, as we saw hints of her yellow bra beneath her top, the Internet was buzzing with discussion over this heretofore-unseen item of clothing, and what it might mean. (The truth is, she’s been wearing it all along, but that didn’t stop the buzz.) I fully expect her to retreat into a cave in the coming weeks, peering out occasionally, only to say: “I want to be alone!”
MIA Deduction: -25

Tijuana Bradley
This week Tijuana had the right to smile, as secret plotting took the target off her and placed it directly on to Rupert. In a deluded soon-to-be victim, her giggly little girl voice and demeanor were misplaced and ridiculous. But as a lucky sap plucked from the hangman’s noose, I’ll let her have her giddy fist-pumping moments. For now.

Christa Hastie
Once a Diva favorite, Christa continues her tumble into obscurity this week. Seen at tribal council in her baggy grey pirate pants, and walking in a dorky, slump-shouldered, stilted gait, Christa proves why she earned the nickname “Big Bird.”
Fashion Citation: -25

Jon Dalton
Jon earns fashion citations every week, and this week is no exception. Huddled on the beach with his buff wrapped around his jaw and head, and curly blonde hair poking out the front, Jon looked sort of like a Babushka with a case of the mumps. Later, as he stared at himself in the boat window (and remarked: “You know how much I like myself. Seeing how good I look right now is a great thing.”) he proved to have absolutely no sense of image self-awareness.
Nauseating Quote of the Week:
(LIL: “Simple things make me very excitable.”) JON: “I need to date women like you.”
Telling Quote of the Week:
“Promises, to me, can be broken about as easily as a fat woman on wicker furniture.” (Sounds to me like Jon has some experience doing fat women on his wicker sofa.)

Fashion Citation: -25
Best Quotes of Week Nine: 50

Rupert Boneham
Like a scene from a Shakespeare tragedy, Rupert huddled in the dark, thunder clapping in the background, and muttered: “I’m the best damn Survivor that has ever been. I am it!” (It was that exact moment that I knew he was done for.) Later, as a fall in the reward challenge forced the censors to blur his exposed genitals (and Jeff to remark: “I saw way too much of Rupert on that”) I remembered why we should rejoice that this image-challenged Diva-deficient loser was finally booted.
Pride Goeth Before a Fall Quote of the Week:
“I try to guide everything that goes on on my island.”
Psychotherapy Candidate Quote of the Week:
“I want so badly to be accepted, and I never get the acceptance that I want. I don’t fit. So much for my dreams.”

Fashion Citation for Overexposure: -25
Drama Queen Deduction: -25

Sandra Diaz-Twine
As she huddled in the bushes, in her filthy peach ensemble, and tried to decipher Jon and Burton’s plotting, Sandra took a Diva-dive, from ‘in-charge feisty Latina’ to ‘wacky paranoid out-of-touch Loser.’ Later, as she sat at Tribal Council (in her buff-headband, with her fluffy hair framing her face) she commented: “We’d be ass out, if it wasn’t for Rupert. Ass out.” (Next week, expect to see Sandra ass out, viewers. Ass out.)
Gladys Kravitz Quotes of the Week:
(To Rupert.) “I heard Burton and Jon talking in the bushes.”
(About Jon.) “He has this secret spot where he takes an additional nap.”

Burton Roberts
This week the ladies (and the gay men) were treated to the sight of Burton’s ever-lowering shorts, which are now so low that they reveal his yummy hip-flexors, as well as the top of his pubic area. In an era where lower is better, Burton is on fashions cutting edge. (Any lower and the censor will have to work overtime.) Also, his decisive (and risky) choice to turn the tables on Rupert could very well win him the game. For that he earns Diva of the Week.
Diva Points for ‘How Low Can He Go?’: 25
Balboa Tribe Diva of the Week: 50

Lillian Morris
I, for one, was embarrassed for Lillian several times in this episode. The first time came when she tripped during the reward challenge, falling face-first into the rope netting (causing Jeff to comment: “Lil takes a face plant!”) Later, she looked like a complete wreck as she cried to Jon over he guilt about Rupert (referring to herself as “a b!tch” and “scum.”) Finally, as she stood on the deck of the boat, her skirt slit to reveal her thigh, swinging a rope dominatrix-style and shouting: “I am the scoutmaster,” Lil reached the lowest point so far on the series. (And from my standpoint, that’s saying a lot.)
Drama Queen Deduction: -25
Fashion Citation for Dominatrix Grandma: -25

The Jury

Ryan Opray
Ryan entered the tribal council clean-shaven, and wearing a nondescript white T-shirt, brown jeans, and brown tennis shoes. This may be one of the rare occasions when the survivor actually was more attractive while still in the game. Grow that beard out again, Ryan, and take off some clothes. Then we’ll talk.

Summary
Tijuana remains in the lead with 225 points; Sandra maintains second place with 150; Christa falls to third with 125; rising Diva Burton finds himself tied for third, also with 125; and with Rupert out of contention, underexposed Darrah claims last place with –150.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Survivors. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned ass.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Ruining ... Efjendar 11-26-03 1
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... tig_ger 11-26-03 2
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... strid333 11-26-03 3
   RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... bell83 11-27-03 4
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... MakeItStop 11-27-03 5
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... pythonfan 11-28-03 6
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... Steen 11-28-03 7
   RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... ImNext 11-28-03 8
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... AugustGirl 11-28-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Ruining Rupert"
Thank you, Larry...I didn't get to watch this episode but I felt like I was there after your fashion summary.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-26-03, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
This is great, as always! I wondered what you would do this season, what with MB forcing the kiddies to wear waterlogged cast off clothing. You always manage to make it hilarious anyway! My fave was Jon's quote,

(Sounds to me like Jon has some experience doing fat women on his wicker sofa.)

I never thought of it quite that way, but all of sudden I quite agree with you.

A Kyngsladye Original

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Thank you for doing the journal again. I always look forward to it. I think I'm learning good lessons in the world of fashion.

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-27-03, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Speaking of gay. do you guys think that maybe jon is? tonight when his "buddy" showed up, i just wondered about those 2.
any thoughts?

btw jon's "grandma" plan was so evil, but brilliant!

the thought that he could be faking it crossed my mind when his "buddy" first said it and when jon said, "it was either going to be my friend or my grandma here today." i thought who wants their grandma to try to help them win a challenge? it just didn't make sense

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-03, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Lil saying, "I am the scoutmaster" (with her thigh exposed) was one of the funniest Survivor moments ever! But this post isn't suppose to be about Lil, it's suppose to be about Larry. So thanks for all the laughs Larry!

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-03, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Great as always! I'm so glad you stayed with us, despite having so little to work with!

If you can't be a good example, then you can serve as a horrible warning.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-28-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Great as always!

Awesome J Slice Creation 2003

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-28-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"

No, no, honey, I was right there with you on that one! Thanks for diva-ing up the best ep so far! Byyyee, Rupert!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Nine - Ruining Rupert"
Terrific as usual.

Thanks Larry!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •