The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-03, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

Pulau Tiga (ep 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy!
Australian Outback (ep 11) Amber Doesn't Realign With Kucha!
Africa (ep 4) Silas' Strategy Proposal!
Marquesas (ep 8) Rotu 4 Reveal Boot Order at IC8!
Thailand (ep 7) Shii Ann's Defection Strategy!
Amazon (ep 10) Alex Scares Rob Out of Alliance!

Well, this was another gufu-filled week, complete with a massive keelhauling and the continuation of the CBS voters' failure to predict the next boot. Go figure indeed. Will CBS get off easy this week, or will they get roasted like they did over the Outcast twist?

Weekly Winners
Week 1 winner: Morgan's Poor Market Strategy
Week 2 winner: Morgan Blows Another IC Lead
Week 3 winner: Osten Sinks His Own Tribe's Boat
Week 4 winner: Burton Gets Drake to Throw IC
Week 5 winner: Michelle Subverts Drage Plan, Chugs Her Smoothie
Week 6 winner: Jon Spills Beans to Morgan About IC4
Week 7a winner: Osten Throws In the Towel. Again.
Week 7b winner: Morgans Alienate Lill
Week 8 winner: Christa Shoots Off Her Mouth at TC

Wild Card Contenders
Nicole Shoots Off Her Mouth
Morgan Can't Find Water Source
Morgan Puts Ryan S. First in RC
Osten Throws In the Towel
Shawn Loses Fishing Spear, Can't Find It
Sandra Alienates Morgan in Taking Tarp

Osten, Tijuana, and Lill Swim Away from RC Conflict
Lill Goes Fishing and Loses Last Hook
Morgan Votes Out Worker Lill, Saves Lazy Darrah
Morgan's Poor RC Performance
Andrew and Ryan Get Lost Without Map

Jon Doesn't Know How to Steer
Osten's Laziness Over Shelter
Jon Shoots Off His Mouth at TC
Trish Spills Beans About TC Plans
Osten's Wimpy Attitude

Rupert Goes Ballistic on Jon
Drake and Morgan Screw Up Challenge Again
Morgan Runs Out of Food, Won't Eat Crabs On Beach
Burton Paints Target On His Back at IC

Balboa Hands Rupert Immunity After Plotting His Demise
Darrah and Tijuana Turn Against Ryno

Production Nominees
Narrow IC Path Prevents Passing
Two Ryans on Same Tribe
Three Non-Swimmers on Morgan
Promised "Photo Finish" Never Takes Place
Ryan O.'s "Package" Visible in Relay

IC Doesn't Test Tribes' Teamwork
Casting of Jon
Excessive Hype for Weak Treasure
CBS Website Spoils RC and IC Winner
Morgan Gets to Steal a Drake Member
Excessive Hype for TC Performance

Predictable Gross-Out Eating Challenge
Jiffy Trashes Losing Drake
Kidnapping Not Even Mentioned After IC5
Shower Issue From Website Never Happens
Lackluster RC with Small Cannonballs
Casting of Osten

Outcast Tribe Twist
Producers Don't Make Osten Walk the Plank
Osten Possibly Still Being Paid
Sudden Merge After Outcasts Return
IC7 Favors Men
Absence of Expected "Wedding"
CBS Website Declares "Jenna" As IC Winner

No Mention of Giving Away Immunity
Another IC Out of Players' Hands

Remember, the voting deadline is Tuesday at midnight or so.

Arr, ye scurvy voters, make the weak walk the plank!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 DEVILRAYS 11-21-03 1
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 strid333 11-21-03 2
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 I_AM_HE 11-21-03 3
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Oscirus 11-21-03 4
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 frisky 11-21-03 5
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Violet Nyte 11-21-03 6
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 I_AM_HE 11-21-03 7
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Solitaire 11-21-03 8
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Goooey_Alley 11-21-03 10
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Goooey_Alley 11-21-03 9
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 FFantasyFX 11-21-03 11
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 BriarRosie 11-21-03 12
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 djandy 11-21-03 16
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Draco Malfoy 11-21-03 13
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Thaibeach 11-21-03 14
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 mtopaz 11-21-03 20
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 survivorscott 11-21-03 15
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 pythonfan 11-21-03 17
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 nailbone 11-21-03 18
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 kpod 11-21-03 19
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Connie E 11-21-03 21
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Swami 11-21-03 22
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Coconut 11-21-03 23
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 PlumBlossom 11-21-03 24
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 AugustGirl 11-21-03 25
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Blow by Blow 11-21-03 26
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Steen 11-22-03 27
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Hydrant 11-23-03 28
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 QuentinR 11-23-03 29
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 coolflowerpowerman 11-23-03 30
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 dabo 11-24-03 31
   RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 dabo 11-24-03 32
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 Ra_8secs 11-24-03 33
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 dajaki 11-24-03 34
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 tig_ger 11-24-03 35
 RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9 DEVILRAYS 11-27-03 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-21-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
CONTESTANT

1. Balboa Votes Off Rupert. Worst. Voting. Decision. Ever. Feel free to starve or eat electrified food, losers.

2. Burton and Lill Let Jon Lead Them Around. Fools. Since when do you listen to some Stone Cold-wannabe that, as Sandra pointed out, sleeps until noon and doesn't do a damn thing. If this idiot wins, the game doesn't work.

Honorable mention to Sandra shooting Rupert out of the game.

PRODUCTION

--Yet another IC that's unearnable. Just like last week. First Ryno can't keep himself in the game and now Rupert.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Contestant
Considering the way that the Morgans have complained about not eating, why on earth would they vote Rupert off?

Rupert, Sandra, and Christa not realizing when Burton picked Jon to go on reward, and over-hearing Jon, etc wouldn't mean that they were in trouble.

Production
Making the challenge more favoured for the people who happened to be on the top the target. (Hmmmmm MB may think he is God but he still hasn't controlled gravity.)

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-03, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Rupert's overconfidence. He may not have been able to do any more even after Sandra's snooping, but I think he trusted them too easily.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-03, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Sandra making the throwaway vote for jon - I dont care what anybody says if you are not sure how close the vote is you dont do it. it payed off for her yes but a gufu nonetheless

rupert failing to pick up on the vote despite the fact that at the ic and tc he got dissed they telegraphed it and sandra overhears them and still hes dumb enough to believe that hes safe

honarable lil for giving burton a wet kiss insert puke sound here

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Sandra overhears a strategy that threatens her alliance and does NOTHING.

2. Sandra throws away a vote. Didn't affect the outcome, but CARELESS!!

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1) Burton giving reward to Jon - I know I'm probably alone on this, but it was a stupid move. I would have given it to Rupert because the tribe isn't starved for food, so it's not like he'll get a huge boost from it, and it just the smart move mental-wise. If you want to blindside him, why make it so obvious you no longer favor him?

2) Voting out Rupert - he's your main food-provider! Crazy as it sounds, I would have pegged off his supports (Sandra or Christa, probably Christa, she's a bigger threat IMO) and then lured him over. True, he's a bigger F2 threat, but he's a food-supplier, and the jury would probably not vote for Rupert. But then again, this reflects my strategy ideals.

Production: favoring those with sections on the top. Any wonder Rupert's was at the bottom? Hmm...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
ooh, make violet's #1 my second vote! good one!

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Rupert's arrogance and blind spot. Can't believe he couldn't see that one coming, they all but told him to his face. And I was *so* irritated by his whining about losing the IC..."I'm the best shot, blah, blah, blah" Seems like Burton hit the target every time het wanted to, I don't think Rupert can definitely say he's a better shot than Burton. (And BTW, if he was smart, he would have taken out Burton right away!)

2. Darrah and Tijuana wait to be asked. Not as bad as the first one, since it worked out OK in the end, but if you're a sitting duck, why are you waiting to be approached for an alliance? Try and work all the angles, don't give up until you're voted off.

Production - Jiffy reads all votes at TC. Once Rupert got the fourth vote, he was out, as Darrah only had two and Jon one, meaning that the last vote didn't make a difference. Jeff didn't have to read it (yeah, Rupert would probably know that there were five votes for him, but still!)

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-03, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 04:54 AM (EST)

Yup, I agree with you about Jeff's reading the votes. Rupert had the clearest idea that Lil voted him off instead of Darrah. Now, we can predict that Rupert may vote against frowned-pug Lil, Jonny Foulplay, or Burton whatever when it comes to F2. He may even choose Darrah over them in F2.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 04:48 AM (EST)

CONTESTANTS:
1. Ruppie too assured not goin' home
2. Sandra learned Jon-Burton plan and doin' nothin' against it
3. Lil's exaggeration over matters
4. Burton trusting Jon, doesn't he learn from his 1st boot? Hate MB for the Outcasts revival...

PRODUCTION:
IC -- obviously disadvantage for those who have their targets below. Gravity thingy.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-21-03, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Contestants:

1.) Burton & Jon move against Rupert too soon. Is it just me, or are the contestants really antsy this go-around? Quite frankly, I think Burton & Jon would be in a better position if they had just gone along with the Darrah boot this episode and then targetted Rupert next episode, but perhaps that's just me. We'll see if this comes back to bite them or not.

2.) Rupert, Sandra, and Christa stick heads in the sand. As previous posters have shown, they had more than enough clues to know that something was up. No effective counterstrategizing. Tsk, tsk. Sorry to see you go Rupert, but you can't say you weren't outplayed.

Honorable Mention:

Alpha Males and Wannabe Alpha Males continue to cannabalize each other. I believe this makes five in a row. Can we make it six next episode, please.

Production Gufus:

Another Coconut Chopping Challenge?!?! -- Sure, this one actually required a bit of skill, but still, when are we going to move on to challenges that actually test the players, rather than the tribe's dynamics?

Mark Burnett Perverts Gravity. -- This already has made it in, but let me jump on the bandwagon and decry the unequal advantage this created for the players on the top of the dart board.

Reward Challenge Guilt Trips Continue!?!? -- Maybe this is personal preference again, but when a person wins the reward challenge, I like to see them actually get the reward. When you offer the winner the chance to give the reward challenge to someone else, then they almost feel obligated to be selfless and give it to someone else (unless your name is Lil). Sure, it gives other players a hint at certain tribal dynamics, but I think these reward trades have gotten out of control.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-03, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1a. Burton giving Jon the reward, when he promised Rupert to give it to him.
1b. Rupert not suspecting the broken promise as a broken alliance.

2a. Sandra overhearing Jon and Burton, and not realizing that they've jumped alliances.
2b. Sandra accidentally bouncing Rupert from the IC.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
I like BriarRosie's, but with one addition:

1a. Burton giving Jon the reward, when he promised Rupert to give it to him.
1b. Rupert not suspecting the broken promise as a broken alliance.

2a. Sandra overhearing Jon and Burton, and not realizing that they've jumped alliances.
2b. Sandra accidentally bouncing Rupert from the IC.
2c. Sandra throwing a vote for Jon to "teach him a lesson". (it should be obvious that Jon is too stupid to learn anything)

Production: Names on top half of target favored. They should have made it spin, and spinned it before each player started.

djandy

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
I can't give a Gufu for voting out Rupert. It's tried and true Survivor strategy.

1. Sandra overhears Jonny Fairplay and BurtonErnie discussing the mutiny, yet does NOTHING about it.

2. Sandra accidentally takes Rupert out of the IC.

Production:
1. Iguana being eaten by a snake. Yeah, it made for good imagery, but it was really dragged out too long.
2. The whole IC was a joke. It took immunity out of the players hands, forced players to reveal strategies, and anyone on the bottom half of the target had NO shot at winning.

Thank god they at least blurred out Rupert's "pieces of eight".
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:294.5 Loss To Date:-44.5

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Voting off Rupert, the main supplier of food. I hope they starve. Bastiges.
2. Rupert being overconfident: thinking that b*tch Lil was completely in his camp, and trusting that B&J would follow the "Drake plan" and boot D&T first.

Production
1. As so many have already said, designing an IC that favored those whose names were on the top half of the wheel.
2. Casting Darrah. Get a fricken personality. She only speaks every 3rd episode, and even then, 2/3 of what she says is unintelligible. If she wins, it will be ridiculous. Someone who posted above said it best - How does sitting around all day doing nothing, letting others save your *ss from TC at the last minute, count as outwitting or outplaying?

...Another quality JSlice Kittyloaf Brand creation

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-21-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Contestants:

1. Rupert, Sandra and Christa, for a) being incredibly obvious in their "unbreakable" alliance and b) not realizing that three is less than five - duh!

2. Rupert - for not taking out Burton first in the IC challenge: he'd already had a strong hint that Burton was no longer sticking to their alliance, when Burton gave Jon his reward.

And I agree with wholeheartedly with Thaibeach:

Production
2. Casting Darrah. Get a fricken personality. She only speaks every 3rd episode, and even then, 2/3 of what she says is unintelligible. If she wins, it will be ridiculous. Someone who posted above said it best - How does sitting around all day doing nothing, letting others save your *ss from TC at the last minute, count as outwitting or outplaying?

I don't hate her as much as I hated Jenna and Heidi - but if she wins Survivor I will be incredibly disappointed. I'd even prefer Jon to win, because at least he's been playing the game. ( oh please, please, please - don't let Darrah win the game! )

A mahvelous! IceCat creation

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1.) sandra overhearing and nothing being done about it
2.)Burton setting himself up as Rupert part II. he will only get himself ousted that way.

Production: I have a diffrent twist on the IC- Once a player was out, they didn't get to finish that round. That favored people who went first

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-21-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Burton giving the reward to Jon. (DH thinks its because he was afraid Lil was gonna try to make out with him on the boat *giggle*)

2. Sandra voting for Jon.

Is there another word for synonym? --George Carlin

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"

1. Burton giving reward to Jon, when he'd promised Rupert. Way to piss off the jury, dude!

2. Rupe's arrogance. Sandra told him about Jon and Burton, but then they didn't do anything about it.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Sandra accidentally (or WAS it?) knocking Rupert out of the IC.
2. Sandra letting Jon get to her and drawing off her vote -- COULD have mattered, even if it didn't.

HM: Rupert makes himself so big a target even Lil can't ignore it. (Not specific to Ep9 but just an ongoing Gufu from about episode 3)

Production: The last vote does NOT "remain a mystery".

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

1. Rupert, for not recognizing the target on his back, even after loyal underling Sandra told him about what was brewing.

2. Rupert, for his self-pity and whining in his final words.

Production

1. MB slamming us over the head with JonSnake eating up the big old fat RupieIguana. Again. And again. And, wait...again. Less is more, sometimes, MB.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Rupert believes Jon, Lil & Burton are on his side, despite multiple hints they were not. He could have picked up T & D just easily as Burton & Lil did.

2. Sandra knocks out Rupert in the IC.

Production:

Sucky IC. We had a take-out-your-enemy challenge last time. This one should have been more positive--i.e. a challenge you win by winning, instead of win by not losing. It also heavily favored the guys to control the outcome, since men have greater lung capacity & would do better at dart blowing no matter how unskilled they were. Plus, like others have said, people on the bottom were at a disadvantage.

IceCat is a Genius

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Contestants:
1. Sandra votes for Jon

2. Rupert not clueing in to the obvious (someone said it well - five IS more than three)

Production:
1. So-stupid IC

2. That dang snake

I don't want to explore the Cat in the Hat's latent transpecies sexuality. -Ginger

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Voting off Rupert.

2. Lillian being a sheep when she says she really feels Rupert should be the one staying.

an IceCat original

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Sandra not taking Jon and Burton's conversation seriously.

2. Sandra throwing her vote away on Jon.

And I've got to go with Thaibeach (and Mtopaz) on this...

Production
Casting Darrah. Get a fricken personality. She only speaks every 3rd episode, and even then, 2/3 of what she says is unintelligible. If she wins, it will be ridiculous. Someone who posted above said it best - How does sitting around all day doing nothing, letting others save your *ss from TC at the last minute, count as outwitting or outplaying?

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Contestant:
1. Arrogance/ignorance of Rup/Christa/Sandra alliance. Sandra heard Jon and Burton plotting. Why the hell would they be plotting at this point? Those three should have realized the problem and bullied Lill back to their side.
2. Sandra - throwing away a vote on Jon and knocking Rupe out of the IC. Not that either of these things mattered in the end (Rupe wasn't going to win IC), but what a lame, lame way to play the game.

Production:
The IC, for so many reasons -
A. Wheel should have been rotated.
B. Eliminated players should have been allowed to finish each round.
C. We just had a "tip your alliance hand" challenge.
D. UTR players have the chance to do more damage.
E. Boring to watch.

And for what it's worth, I really liked the snake/lizard scenes. I thought it was a swell, graphic way to confirm for the viewer that Rupert was going down, no matter how impossible that seemed.

-P
"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes." - Bob Hinck

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1.Rupert being too overconfident, and acting as if he was immune to being voted out w.o immunity.

2.Burton giving his reward away to Jon

Awesome J Slice Creation 2003

Hydrant 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hydrant Click to send private message to Hydrant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
The snake...

and rupert thinking he was better than burton at blow darts. Burton whipped him.

QuentinR 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-23-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QuentinR Click to send private message to QuentinR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Sandra (and therefore SCR alliance) learns of Burton and Jon's betrayal and does... Nothing. (I guess embracing D&T in order to boot the mutineers was too objectional to consider)

2. SCR has no voting strategy. Was Darrah or Jon the boot? Wouldn't it have been hilarious if Lil had voted with them and the incompetence alone sent Rupert home?

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-03, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Rupert and his alliance for being arrogant. Rupert thinking he is the "best Survivor ever" and that he controls the game.

2. Rupert for his super pathetic final words. Get a spine, piggy!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
ARRRRRRRR, sooch a tuff week, thar be some close ones ter decide frum!

Vote #1: Rupert learns (from Sandra) that Jon and Burton are plotting against him but does nothing, adopts wait-and-see-what-Lill-says strategy.

Vote #2 Rupe learns (from Sandra) that Jon and Burton are plotting against him, but he offs Darrah and Tijuana in the IC rather than the threats to himself. Hey, Killer, go after your real enemies rather than the helpless deer in the headlights!

Honorable Mention: Lill keeps her reward, forcing Burton to keep Rupert from having an afternoon alone with her. Burton should have kept his reward too, at that point, but giving it away to Rupert would have been dumb.

Honorable Mention: Sandra votes Jon, breaks from the Rupe alliance. It wouldn't have made any difference, as it turned out, but going against an alliance is just bad strategy regardless of the circumstances.

Honorable Mention: Sandra offs Rupe at IC. I reviewed the tape, I'm certain it was an accident, but it was still an awful moment. If your aim is bad and you know it, and you don't think that you personally need immunity to stay in the game, why not just miss the target altogether?

Honorable Mention: Burton, Lill, T and D trust Jon. Not that I fault T and D for doing what they had to do to stay in the game, they had no choice, but anyone trusting Jon at this point is just a damn fool.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Oops, almost forgot:

Production Nominee: Two gang-up on the intended bootie ICs in a row. Yeah, it worked like gangbusters in the Marquesas, a good ep 8 tradition was established, but having them twice in a row is just handing it to the mutineers!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-24-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
So many choices, so little time.

1. Rupe: Rupert's uncharacteristic passivity. He saw the turncoats. Did nothing except a bedtime handshake with a wobbly Lill. Overconfidence or underestimating the enemy? Whichever, bad move.

2a. Lill: Lillian's complete lack of self-confidence marks her as a carry-along because the other person will win the jury vote.

2b. Jon: Jon's complete lack of morality marks him as a carry-along because the other person will win the jury vote.

Production:

Not spinning the IC target as a wheel. Albeit the colored wedge selections were randomly selected, the folks at the bottom were at a disadvantage.

-- Ra, as fast as light

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-24-03, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1. Rupert, Sandra and Christa fail to make a back-up plan involving Tijuana and Darrah while Jon and Lil are on the reward cruise. I don't really think it could have helped, but they should have made the effort.
2. Lil is a spineless guppy.

Production
1. IC out of players hands AGAIN! I hate it!
2. Jiffy continues to stress how one can give up reward/immunity. Enough already. If one really wants to give it up, obviously lose on purpose. Winnings should be non-transferable.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
1) The tribe votes out the main food-provider, Rupert! He cannot possibly win all of the remaining IC (especially since the last two have been manipulated by players). It would be far better to take out his alliance, eat his food, and then take him out--well before the final two. That is of course, assuming that the strength of your alliance holds.

2) Rupert is warned, but does not save himself He learns from Sandra that Jon and Burton are plotting against him. Upon hearing the news, he assumes a reactive role versus a proactive one. He could have done some strategizing and realligning in order to shift the votes away from himself.

A Kyngsladye Original

11-27-03, 01:10 AM (EST)
36. "RE: S7 Gufu Award: Week 9"
Arrrr, gufu peoples, I am, as expected, late with the tabulation, and for once it actually makes a difference. Crazy it is, this world of gufus. But what are you gonna do about it? In any case, here goes.

All the Production nominees received the necessary two nominations to proceed to the final vote. Therefore there are none this week disappearing into the sunken treasure cove of gufu-ness.

Onto the sacrificed Contestant gufus, of which there were...

...seven. And I give them all to you, with four votes once again the cutoff.

3 votes - Lill Acts Like a Drama Queen
3 votes - Sandra Takes Out Rupert at IC
2 votes - Burton and Lill Follow Jon
2 votes - Rupert Whines Too Much in Final Words
2 votes - Rupert Doesn't Take Out Burton at IC
1 vote - Burton Appears Too Threatening at IC
1 vote - Darrah and Tijuana Wait For Another Alliance

Production Finalists

There were...wow, six Production finalists from this week.; Sounds like MB has a lot of fixing of stuff to do for S8 and S9. And I hereby give you what not to do next.

Another IC Out Of Players' Hands
IC Favors People On Top Half of Target
Jeff Reads All Votes at TC9
Guilting RC Winners Into Giving Up Their Rewards
Shot of Snake Eating Lizard
Casting of Darrah

Contestant Finalists

Three Wild Card contenders and one winner emerge from this week. This week, it wasn't even close for first place, but the three Wild Card nominees finished deadlocked with seven votes apiece. The winner had 27 votes. The nominees were as follows.

Drake Alliance Does Nothing About Jon's Plans
Burton Gives Reward to Jon
Balboa Votes Off Rupert
Sandra Votes for Jon

And the winner of the automatic trip to the gufu finals is...

Drake Alliance Does Nothing About Jon's Plans

I conclude Week 9 with the standings, per the usual way of doing things.

Weekly Winners
Week 1 winner: Morgan's Poor Market Strategy
Week 2 winner: Morgan Blows Another IC Lead
Week 3 winner: Osten Sinks His Own Tribe's Boat
Week 4 winner: Burton Gets Drake to Throw IC
Week 5 winner: Michelle Subverts Drage Plan, Chugs Her Smoothie
Week 6 winner: Jon Spills Beans to Morgan About IC4
Week 7a winner: Osten Throws In the Towel. Again.
Week 7b winner: Morgans Alienate Lill
Week 8 winner: Christa Shoots Off Her Mouth at TC
Week 9 winner: Drake Alliance Does Nothing About Jon's Plans

Wild Card Contenders
Nicole Shoots Off Her Mouth
Morgan Can't Find Water Source
Morgan Puts Ryan S. First in RC
Osten Throws In the Towel
Shawn Loses Fishing Spear, Can't Find It
Sandra Alienates Morgan in Taking Tarp

Osten, Tijuana, and Lill Swim Away from RC Conflict
Lill Goes Fishing and Loses Last Hook
Morgan Votes Out Worker Lill, Saves Lazy Darrah
Morgan's Poor RC Performance
Andrew and Ryan Get Lost Without Map

Jon Doesn't Know How to Steer
Osten's Laziness Over Shelter
Jon Shoots Off His Mouth at TC
Trish Spills Beans About TC Plans
Osten's Wimpy Attitude

Rupert Goes Ballistic on Jon
Drake and Morgan Screw Up Challenge Again
Morgan Runs Out of Food, Won't Eat Crabs On Beach
Burton Paints Target On His Back at IC

Balboa Hands Rupert Immunity After Plotting His Demise
Darrah and Tijuana Turn Against Ryno
Burton Gives Reward to Jon
Balboa Votes Off Rupert
Sandra Votes for Jon

Production Nominees
Narrow IC Path Prevents Passing
Two Ryans on Same Tribe
Three Non-Swimmers on Morgan
Promised "Photo Finish" Never Takes Place
Ryan O.'s "Package" Visible in Relay

IC Doesn't Test Tribes' Teamwork
Casting of Jon
Excessive Hype for Weak Treasure
CBS Website Spoils RC and IC Winner
Morgan Gets to Steal a Drake Member
Excessive Hype for TC Performance

Predictable Gross-Out Eating Challenge
Jiffy Trashes Losing Drake
Kidnapping Not Even Mentioned After IC5
Shower Issue From Website Never Happens
Lackluster RC with Small Cannonballs
Casting of Osten

Outcast Tribe Twist
Producers Don't Make Osten Walk the Plank
Osten Possibly Still Being Paid
Sudden Merge After Outcasts Return
IC7 Favors Men
Absence of Expected "Wedding"
CBS Website Declares "Jenna" As IC Winner

No Mention of Giving Away Immunity
Another IC Out of Players' Hands
Another IC Out Of Players' Hands
IC Favors People On Top Half of Target
Jeff Reads All Votes at TC9
Guilting RC Winners Into Giving Up Their Rewards
Shot of Snake Eating Lizard
Casting of Darrah

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •