The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-04-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
SURVIVOR: NUKU HIVA?: The fourth edition of Survivor will be set on Nuku Hiva, a French Polynesian island about 900 miles northeast of Tahiti, according to the Tahiti Presse. Not surprisingly, producer Mark Burnett offered no confirmation of this during a telephone conference call yesterday. Burnett, however, did offer this modest critique of the third chapter, Survivor: Africa — debuting Oct. 11. "It's the best work I've ever done," he raved. "It's an incredibly memorable cast." Additionally, he urged viewers not to miss the debut's "first three minutes." Asked whether he is concerned that the public's appetite for reality television has waned following the Sept. 11 attacks, the überproducer responded: "I'm a viewer too, I'm totally in the mood for escapist television. There's only so much 24-hour news I can watch."

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/inthenews/011004.asp#B

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? moonbaby 10-04-01 1
 RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? SurvivorBlows 10-05-01 2
 RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? SurvivorBlows 10-05-01 3
 RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? SurvivorBlows 10-05-01 4
   RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? rameses 10-07-01 5
   RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA? Outfrontgirl 10-07-01 6
   Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!! VampKira 10-07-01 7
       RE: Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!! samiam 10-07-01 8
           RE: Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!! VampKira 10-09-01 9
               wow NightScribe 10-09-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
Polynesia?! I would have eaten a bug to go there!
*sigh*

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-01, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-01 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

...doesn't seem very remote to me:

http://www.tahiti-nui.com/about/Nuku/Default.asp

NUKU HIVA - "Land of the Men"

Nuku Hiva is the largest island in the Marquesas archipelago (Marquesas map : click here) with 330 sq. km. (127 sq. miles) of surface area. Its beauty from the sea or in the air high above the island is truly breathtaking. The 2,100 inhabitants live in Taiohae, Taipivai, Hatiheu, Aakapa, Pua, Haumi, Anaho and Hakaui, where they work for the government, the community, the Catholic church or school system or for themselves chopping copra high in the mountains, fishing, raising cattle and other livestock or sculpting bowls, platters, Marquesan ceremonial clubs, "tikis" and ukuleles.

Taiohae is a pleasant village bordering the sea. It is the administrative, economic, educational and health center of the Marquesas Islands. The French and territorial administrators, the government buildings, police, post office, hospital, town hall, Air Tahiti office, banks, schools, stores and shops are located in Taiohae.

Sundays and holidays are just as busy as any work day, when the villagers drive back and forth along the seafront road in their 4-wheel drive vehicles, calling out to their friends, and stopping to join the on going game of petanque or French bowls, played under a flowering flamboyant tree in front of the town hall. Nearby the women sit under a shelter and win money playing bingo.

http://www.tahiti-nui.com/hotels/hotel.asp?hotelid=MarquisKeikahanui

Located on Nuku Hiva, a 5 minutes ride from the capital town of Taiohae, it overlooks the magnificent Bay of Taiohae. The hotel offers 12 deluxe and 8 premium deluxe bungalows, all with views over the bay. The bungalows are built with local materials and each of them have carvings by a different artist.

The bungalows mix comfort and aesthetic beauty, providing mini-bar, air conditioning, telephone, television, video, and bathroom with views over the bay and a panoramic terrace.

-SB

10-05-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
My guess would be that they are not filming on Nuku Hiva itself, but on one of the uninhibited islands nearby:

http://www.tahiti-tours.com/islands/main.asp?islandid=MR

The Marquesas Islands, named by its people "Te Henua Enata" (Land of the Men), consist of six inhabited islands and six smaller unpopulated islands.
They are divided into two distinct groups about 96 km. (60 miles) apart.

Nuku Hiva, the administrative and economic center of the Marquesas, lies (1,500 km.) 932 miles northeast of Tahiti, in the northern group. Ua Huka and Ua Pou are also in this group, with the southern Marquesas including Hiva Oa, Tahuata and Fatu Hiva. Accommodations are available in small boarding or family homes on each island, and activities include Landrover excursions, horseback riding, hiking over mountain trails and to inland cascades, picnics on the beach or in the mountains, deep-sea fishing, sailing, motorboat rides, visits to archaeological sites with stone tikis, visits to artisan's workshops to buy wood carvings, tapa hangings and monoi perfumed oils.

10-05-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
Man, this post I'm going to make has absolutely no spoiler value, but I feel bad for the poor saps on S3 -- they're dealing with loins, bad water, etc. and look at the place the S4 folks get to go:

Survive? You must mean THRIVE!

-SB

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-07-01, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rameses Click to send private message to rameses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
This place is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm afraid if I went there and survived, I might never return to "REALITY"!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SURVIVOR IV: NUKU HIVA?"
Gorgeous pics, SB. It's indeed difficult to imagine the deprivations involved in camping here. The horror!
It's possible the uninhabited islands have a shortage of fresh water. There MIGHT be snakes or mosquitos, but nothing like Pulau Tiga.

A couple more bits of info: The Marquesas are much more off the tourist path than the Society Islands (Tahiti group) for a few reasons. As the map shows, they are rather far off to the northwest; you have to catch your air travel from the Tahiti/BoraBora groups and can't fly in directly from the mainland (may be a flight from Hawaii). I suspect they don't have an airstrip capable of landing big jets there.

Most importantly, much of the tourism in French Polynesia comes via cruise boat, and Tahiti, Moorea, Bora-bora and other main islands have deep water harbors suitable for the big boats to come in. I learned from a former cruise director that none of the Marquesa islands have a real deep water harbor, so only smaller craft can get into land there.

At least the Survivors won't be seeing jumbo jets and cruise ships as they would anywhere near Tahiti. Still, what a contrast from Jordan! I'm surprised Burnett's not off to the Amazon basin myself.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-07-01, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-01 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

Simply breathtaking... I am in awe.

Edited to fix a typo, but forgot you can't in the subject line.... Drat..

"No sign of the morning coming...you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark." - Ronnie James Dio

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-01, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Actually, I kind of like it, Vamps....Like a cross between Utopia and euphoria. You MEANT to do that, right?

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-09-01, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Eutopia!!!!!!!!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-01 AT 07:08 AM (EST)

>>You MEANT to do that, right?<<

Yeaaaaaah.. I meant to do that.. yeah, that's the ticket. And while I'm here.. did I ever tell you I am related to Morgan Fairchild? Shes my aun... sister in law, yeah.. that's the ticket.. my sister in law... - Jon Lovitz, SNL's "The Liar" *GRIN*

"Oops..." Michael - love Cruise

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "wow"
It will probably be the most visually stunning Survivor we've seen. I can't wait.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •