The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Forget Jordan for S4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Forget Jordan for S4"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-01 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

Just a thought that I haven't seen posted here. Dan Bollinger (welcome to SB, Dan) had expressed, both on "The Today Show" and on his Web site, that he was getting maps to look into CBS's hype that S4 would be in Jordan. Well, let's just say that -- even if it wasn't just CBS misdirection originally -- it's safe to say that no US TV network will be sending people into the middle of the Islamic world to film a game show anytime in the year 2001 (or, for that matter, in 2002).

Dan B., hope you didn't pay too much for those maps of Jordan, and that you've still got some bucks left to get ready for "Survivor 4" in South (or maybe even North) America.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Tahiti!!! sleeeve 09-20-01 1
   Finally... SurvivorBlows 09-21-01 9
       RE: Finally... George Tirebiter 09-21-01 14
       RE: Finally... rudyismy daddy 10-06-01 21
   RE: Tahiti!!! SurvivorBlows 09-21-01 10
 Yes, Tahiti PepeLePew13 09-21-01 2
 RE: Forget Jordan for S4 Dan Bollinger 09-21-01 3
   RE: Forget Jordan for S4 PepeLePew13 09-21-01 4
       RE: Forget Jordan for S4 samiam 09-21-01 5
           RE: Forget Jordan for S4 SherpaDave 09-21-01 6
           Rhino-speak desert_rhino 09-21-01 8
               RE: Rhino-speak SherpaDave 09-21-01 15
           RE: Forget Jordan for S4 SurvivorBlows 09-21-01 11
               RE: Forget Jordan for S4 PepeLePew13 09-21-01 12
                   RE: Forget Jordan for S4 samiam 09-21-01 13
                       RE: Forget Jordan for S4 SherpaDave 09-21-01 16
                   Gaspe Coast French... IceCat 09-22-01 19
               RE: Forget Jordan for S4 ItzLisa 10-15-01 22
       RE: Forget Jordan for S4 Dan Bollinger 09-21-01 7
 RE: Forget Jordan for S4 bergdogg 09-22-01 17
   RE: Forget Jordan for S4 Loree 09-22-01 18
       RE: Forget Jordan for S4 PepeLePew13 09-24-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Tahiti!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-01 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

Good call, AyaK...

Here's what I saw on TV tonight:

From Access Hollywood, Sept. 20, 2001

Transcript
<<Survivor Theme Music Plays>>
Host: Welcome back everybody. Well, the terrorist attacks caused Survivor to alter its plans. Executive Producer Mark Burnett was planning on filming Survivor 4 in Jordan, in the Middle East. Current political unrest in the world has moved the show to Tahiti.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Finally... "
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-01 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Finally... back to the island! This is great news, enough with the inland filming locations, I've seen enough dirt.

Is it still too late to get those S4 tapes in -- I bet they'd now have a lot more folks applying.

What's going to replace the "dangers of Africa" or Australia --
a rogue tropical drink umbrella???

Anyone getting the feeling we'll see another fat naked fisherman?

EDITED TO FIX "rouge" typo

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-21-01, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finally... "
<What's going to replace the "dangers of Africa" or Australia --
<a rouge tropical drink umbrella???
Actually, I think there's going to be something involving a small roast pig and Marlon Brando. . . This could prove to be the most genuinely perilous Survivor yet, combing the Skupin event with starvation and possible utensil weaponry!

(Okay, okay--this is actually Bashing. . . but I figured if Webby started it, I oughtta get away with it. . . )

GT

rudyismy daddy 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-06-01, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rudyismy%20daddy Click to send private message to rudyismy%20daddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finally... "
DANGER you want Danger? Haven't any of you seen the Brady Bunch? We are talking tiki's with curses on them! Scary curses like falling off the surfboard and stuff! But then again I am sure this kinda thing only happens to Jeff Probst.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3bbf84991a974d95

Come in a stranger, leave a little stranger

09-21-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tahiti!!!"
Tahiti info...

From http://www.tahiti.com :

From http://www.tahiti-explorer.com :

What is so great about Tahiti and its islands?

O.K., that's an easy one: for starters, these are the most beautiful tropical islands in the world, thanks to their geography, the lush vegetation and their unique multicolored lagoons. Then there are the flowers, lots of them, and all the lovely people (wearing the flowers in their hair, as leis or behind their ears) and their culture. And then, there is the famous magic of these islands ... and this, I can't explain.

Why should I go to Tahiti rather than Hawaii, Mexico or the Caribbean's?

If you want big hotels, lots of people around and an ordinary vacation, then Tahiti is not for you.
Tahiti receives less tourists in 1 year than Hawaii gets in 1 day. No big resorts in Tahiti ( the biggest will accommodate 180 GUESTS MAXIMUM !) very few tourists or locals to be seen, and all this magical environment basically all to yourself.

What about the weather -- what can I expect and when should I go?

Although Tahiti is a tropical environment, the rainfalls do not follow the "monsoon" type of weather. This means that there is no real pattern of rainfalls and that it can be sunny for many days in a row, or have intermittent showers any time of the year. But there is usually far more sunshine than rain in any period. There are no real seasons in Tahiti although there is supposedly a "rainier" and "drier" season. I have never noticed much of a difference between the 2, either in rainfalls or temperatures. So, the weather is not relevant when deciding your vacation date. There is no "hurricane season" as these islands are outside the hurricane zones of the Pacific.

What about air conditioning in the bungalows, do I need it?

Until recently, most bungalows - even the most expensive- did not have A/C because there is plenty of cool sea breezes to keep the temperature very pleasant at all times. Now, most resorts have A/C in their bungalows as a "deluxe" feature. The naturally coolest bungalows are the overwater and the beach front, and the warmest are the garden bungalows. All bungalows will have overhead fans

What about adventure or out of the way stuff?

There are 118 islands in French Polynesia, some very remote and almost uninhabited, with all kinds of breathtaking sceneries and unbelievable lagoons. Accommodation with local families or a B & B are easy to find when you get there.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Yes, Tahiti"
I heard about the Access Hollywood blurb announcing that Survivor 4 will be in Tahiti because of the political unrest associated with Jordan and the Middle East (imagine that... they WERE serious about considering Jordan).

Hey Sleeevie! This might be of interest to you...

Indications are that the 800 for Survivor 4 have been selected, and the 16-city auditions will be taking place sometime in the next few weeks. Shooting is still targeted for November or December.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Dan Bollinger 15 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dan%20Bollinger Click to send private message to Dan%20Bollinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Doesn't look like Jordan now, does it? I'm glad to hear MB and his crew and cast will be safe.

09-21-01, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Hi Dan *waving*

Think they're going to let you go scope out the possible locations where they may film Survivor 4 in Tahiti? I'm guessing it's going to be the same type of surroundings as on Pulau Tiga in S1 but I'd be interested to know if Tahiti has any landscape surprises in store.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
OK, folks, I've thought about this long and hard. If, indeed, S4 is going to be filmed in Tahiti, I've decided to risk life and limb by volunteering to scout it out myself. I am willing to take on this task as a sign of my dedication to the show, and to the SB community in general. It's a tough job, but *somebody's* got to do it. May as well be me.

AyaK/Webby -- and I can send my travel receipts where to be reimbursed?

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Due to all of the unrest that I'm sure would result in Sami being in Tahiti, I feel it's necessary--nay, mandatory--that she be assigned a bodyguard. I'll be sending along my resume shortly.

The eyes are gone, the logo's back. Looks like the time where we'll be expected to use less resource-intensive graphics are just around the corner. Whee!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Rhino-speak"
<simply GLARES, in the reasonable expectation that the gentlemen above will recall shortly that they had somewhere ELSE to involve themselves...>

-- JV

09-21-01, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rhino-speak"
Oops. Was I *cough* horning in again? Sorry about that.

*wanders off muttering, "Now where did that belly dancer go?

09-21-01, 03:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
samiam, we can't ask you to make such a big sacrifice... after a lot of deliberation, AK and I have decided that I'll have to undertake this dangerous -- but necessary -- mission on my own. Now where is that French-English dictionary I used to have...

09-21-01, 03:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-01 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

>Now where is that French-English
>dictionary I used to have...
>

*Raising hand* I'm a walking French-English dictionary and I also have survival training skills.

Or... in French:
*La main se qui s'eleve* Je suis une promenade un dictionnaire francais-anglais et j'ai aussi les techniques d'entraînement de survie.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Moi aussi, Monsieur LePew. Je parle un peu de Français, moi-même.

09-21-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
I really must protest. If she's gonna keep speaking French and flashing that thigh, how does the rhino expect the rest of us to keep our distance?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Gaspe Coast French..."
I know dah French dey speak on dah Gaspe...

I toot-toot mah horn as I pass a l'avant la church!

September 11, 2001

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-15-01, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Webby darling - I'd like to offer up MY services to scout out the Tahiti location since Sami can't go ('cos YOU said so!). I present the following credentials:

1. Having recently had a well documented hissy-fit which resulted in my leaving the boards for a week, it's clear to see I can (just barely!) manage to stay away from these boards.
2. Having recently been in Korea for eight days and Toronto for six days (and NJ is a jungle all on it's own!!), I am clearly a well- seasoned travler! By traveling to these places, I have also encountered lots of different foreigny kinds of other people from places far away who eat weird food and stuff. I know...I've had lunch with 'em, trust me!
3. Been on an airplane... lots!
4. Having been to Toronto so much, I've heard ALOT of people speaking French!!! (Actually, there are some words in French that make me pretty darn tingly, but that's another story!)
5. I like both French and tropical type foods. Yes...I would be willing to mix and match, i.e. escargot washed down with one of those girly drinks in a coconut shell with an umbrella sticking out of it!
6. I know my limits. As an ambassador/scout representing SBlows, I would definitely be smart enough to wear a one piece black bathing suit since I haven't lost the five pounds I gained in Korea. I would not embarrass our tribe with my little poochy belly!!!
7. Being the type that burns easily, I would NOT be careless in applying sunblock!

I respectfully wait for yours and AyaK's decision.

Dan Bollinger 15 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dan%20Bollinger Click to send private message to Dan%20Bollinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Besides a bodyguard you'll need a navigator. I already have a Tahiti travel guide, maps, GPS, compass and my favorite walking stick. ;)

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-22-01, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
Well, at least MB isn't getting crazy.

I could see some asshole producer trying to cash off on America's misfortune.

I am glad that Burnett didn't think that the idea of "Survivor 4 IN THE WAR"

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
I'm so happy to hear they are going back to an island. I loved the atmosphere of the first Survivor alot more than the second. The first had a beautiful ocean, beach and sunset. The second had a dirty river. It just wasn't the same. And I have no idea what to expect on the 3rd one. But I love the idea of the island again for the 4th. Yippee!

09-24-01, 07:08 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Forget Jordan for S4"
That IS true, Loree... it's going to be a much better visual being on an exotic island than in the middle of nowhere, and we won't have to put up with people bitching about why the tents were set up in the middle of a dry creek bed (dumb morons). It will be a real Tahiti treat for all of us.

I believe, though, that what we heard in Australia is going to be outdone by the serious griping we'll hear in Africa about the terrain and ability to feed/water themselves.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •