The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nastier in Round 2?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

The Fool 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Fool Click to send private message to The%20Fool Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nastier in Round 2?"
(sorry, posted this in main Survivor board first...oops

Anyway, I read an article ( http://www.themestream.com/gspd_browse/browse/view_article.gsp?c_id=152995 ) and it made some good points. If everyone knows the way to win now--backstabbing, alliances, etc--will Survivor 2 be as FUN?

I mean, it'll definitely be interesting to see who can be the sneakiest, but I don't think we'll see as much comradery as we saw the first time around.

I dunno. Just a thought.

The Fool

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nastier in Round 2? em027 09-04-00 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

em027 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-04-00, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail em027 Click to send private message to em027 Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nastier in Round 2?"
I have thought about S2 in this light as well. Though, I go back and forth about whether that type of character can actually win again. I think you are right about everyone learning from Richard's win. And, it will definitely be playing on the minds of ALL S2 contestants.

To this end, the level of play for the alliance leader(s) has to be well above Rich to avoid expulsion. That is going to be difficult IMHO. Rich is literally a professional at this, I cannot see a mistake he made. He formed a manageable alliance, kept it intact until close to the end, and then created a sub-alliance that got him the $1mm (and that ugly Pontiac). The last immunity challenge was really his finest moment, he new he was going to the final TC and let the other two fight it out for the right to join him.

This will be playing on everyone's mind so forming and keeping alliances may prove to be difficult, it will be much more likely that people will be going in, out, and between alliances. Rich was able to be more or less up front about his alliance, let's face it, everyone on the jury knew Rich was the leader of the TA. I see the winner of S2 as following an "Art of War" stratetgy, never let them see you coming.

But that is where I am not sure I am right. The thing is, MB can cast this any way he wants. He did a great job last time, carefree Gen Xers against the adults. I have no doubt that he has found plenty of college-aged kids who think that these alliances poison the game. The real question is whether he wants to serve up the lambs for evening supper again. Will we even watch it if he does? I for one, do not want to see the same people with new names just to see if they vote the same way again.

Just my thoughts, we'll have to wait and see what we get. I just hope it is not as nauseating as the thirty minutes of Big Bore CBS is currently hemorrhaging. The only thing that they have going for them is the streaming Internet feeds, where viewers still have a reasonable hope that something interesting might happen. Maybe MB will stream the whole 39 days, but I doubt he would do that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •