The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-01, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
CBS officially comfirmed the setting of S4 today, but they also revealed a few other things I found interesting:

The spot is definitely camera-friendly, featuring breathtaking vistas of the Pacific, rugged mountainscapes and lush tropical terrain with plenty of breadfruits, pandanus, green bananas and coconut trees.

Unlike cast members in the original Survivor on the South China Sea island of Pulau Tiga who had to depend on Richard Hatch's spear-fishing skills to keep them satiated, the new crew will have the opportunity to pull a Michael Skupin and hunt down some local fauna--including an assortment of wild cattle, pigs and hogs. (Consider yourselves warned, PETA.)

But it won't exactly be a tropical getaway. Those chosen to outwit, outlast and outplay on Survivor 4 will still have to endure Nuku Hiva's fierce whipping winds and a treacherous sea, along with the usual creepy-crawlies, friendly backstabbing and, perhaps worst of all, host Jeff Probst's smugness.

*YAWN* ...big deal, a little wind. Coconuts? Bananas? Breadfruits? Pigs? Hogs? BEEF!!! Some of these people are going to be LEAVING the show fatter than they arrived. I am SOOOO excited about this S4 series already, the island setting and the (relatively) easy food conditions of S1 are EXACTLY what S3 (and to some extent S2) have been missing.

I won't dare to predict any ratings, but I will say I can guarentee that I'm going to find S4 much more enjoyable than S2 and S3.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For ... Outfrontgirl 10-26-01 1
   RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For ... sleeeve 10-28-01 2
       RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For ... Outfrontgirl 10-29-01 3
 RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For ... VampKira 10-29-01 4
 RE: more exciting than S2 or S3 mavsfan 11-07-01 5
   Exactly AyaK 11-07-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
I'm really looking forward to this one. It will be a great change, I think.

Webby, I don't know if you checked out the threads I posted below on Nuky Hiva, but I think they have some good information (only Ice has commented so far). (I was all excited when I found the articles that identified the specific locations)

I also posted a thread below on local goat-hunting there, maps on another thread and information about the climate, terrain, and transportation, etc. on the other.

Since the news articles identified 4 valleys, I tried to find specific info and photos on those, with some success. The terrain IS really steep and the valleys are narrow. One valley has such bad mosquitoes and flies that no one lives there. The article I posted mentioned which one has wild pigs. Also the island's not reef-protected so there's no lagoon and no white sand beach. It's not a place to paddle around in a skiff or swim around the mouths of the southern two valleys. There should be fresh water though, as there are waterfalls!

I did read that the wild fruit is abundant, but I can't help thinking there's a catch to all of this. Sounds too pleasant for Mark Burnett Productions.

As for the freighter Aranui, I was interested in it because it seems to be the lifeline to the island. Air travel is insignificant. Probably the cast will come in that way, and certainly the building materials, so I posted the schedule for our daring location-braving spoilers. I think ItzLisa is waving her hand for the assignment? Nice dream. I want to go too.

I'm interested in hearing what people think of these steep valleys and how they will utilize them.
I enjoy surfing the polynesian sites looking for info, if you want me to look for anything specific I'll give it a go.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-28-01, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
I read your research and loved it, OFG.

As may have been apparent, I've been a little busy IRL, and consequently have been focussed on S3 when I have time... but your S4 work did not go unnoticed.

When I have more time, I'll delve into what you've posted, but thanks for starting a cache of knowledge for us... S4 will be here before we know it!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-01, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
thanks sleeeve! glad you noticed. I had noticed you were scarce even on S3. Your insider clips summary is great and clearly takes lots of time and effort, so thanks again for that.

I know it's early yet for interest in S4. Africa is just so hot and miserable and skanky, I take pleasure in taking an occasional dip over here in the island world. I don't envy the people who got cast in S3 one bit. It's the harshest yet.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-01, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Issues Hunting Permits For S4"
WOWIE! I agree Webby, I think that S4 will be the most interesting yet... Hunting, huh?

Steaks and bacon.... paradise no matter the location.

My luxury item? A-1 steak sauce.

"I can't take this I come unglued, I might breakdown in front of you..Necessary to medicate, I'm not sleeping can't stay awake." - 'Pressure', Staind

"Just die, Frank..." - Lindsey, S3
*wink*

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-01, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: more exciting than S2 or S3"
I agree S4 sounds like it ha a lot of potential.

The reason the whold SURVIVOR idea interested me from the start was the whole shipwrecked on a South Pacific Island fantasy. How do you get fire, build shelter, gather food etc... (without the head hunters). - This place sounds like a fantastic location.

I really think SIII is suffering from restriction on the players that prevent them from fishing or hunting. In SII I was on the edge of my chair waiting to see if Mike would get a pig. It's also very interesting to see how the stock of a player can rise or fall on the ability to supply food.

I'm also bothered by the relatively lavish food supply they seem to have started out with in SIII, compared to SI & SII.

SIII may be the most harsh enviroment from a player stand point to date, but I also think it's really visually the weakest.

SIV sounds like it will bring a lot to the table with with the visuals, and wild game.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Exactly"
>I really think SIII is suffering from restriction on the
>players that prevent them from fishing or hunting. In SII
>I was on the edge of my chair waiting to see if Mike would get
>a pig. It's also very interesting to see how
>the stock of a player can rise or fall on the ability to
>supply food.

Definitely true. Richard Hatch would not win S3, because he wouldn't be able to boost his status by supplying the fish. Rodger wouldn't make the final five for the same reason.

>SIII may be the most harsh enviroment from a player stand
>point to date, but I also think it's really visually
>the weakest.

As you point out, it's also STRATEGICALLY the weakest. This is the first Survivor that you couldn't vote off the strong guys because you need them to bring water for the tribe -- which is why Boran developed the first male/female split that we've ever seen in Survivor.

In S2, you had to be a dork to get pathetically weak (right, Mitchell?). In S3, all you had to be was normal and you had no chance (I feel like we're watching tribes of professional athletes at work: Ethan, Clarence, Silas, Linz, Kim P, geez!).

S4 will be a return to normality. Real people can win again!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •