The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More details on production"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"More details on production"
The Survivors will have to swim to their new valleys and build their own huts, and some other tidbits here from Tahitipresse.

This is not Pulau Tiga with a reef-protected lagoon. I have done some reading on the South Pacific sites about even sailing into these bays. The currents there are very treacherous, the surf pounds, and the entrances are narrow and rock-flanked. Swimming is in fact discouraged there. I doubt anything will happen to anyone, but it should be more exciting than just pushing rafts to shore in Pulau Tiga.

As for huts, I read they were trained to build them for Kenya but no one did so (to date). I wonder it they'll insist this time. I presume these huts will be open-air thatched huts such as the fale (sp?) found around the S. Pacific.

We also learn that shooting ends on 12/21, so contestants should be flying back in right around Christmas, no?

Date:11/9/2001
" Survivor " boss arrives in Tahiti
(Part of article deleted because redundant info.)
During the week-end to come, Mark Burnett is expected to sign a convention with the government of French Polynesia.
This convention will give details on how French Polynesia's will support the TV show.

The beginning of the show, expected for november 8th, should now start monday november 12th. The show is to last 39 days

The candidates will have to swim to their valleys and build their own huts.

About 230 employees from the "Survivor" team are already in Nuku-Hiva. The game is to end December 21st.

Marquesans say many paparazzi have been spotted lately in Taiohae, Nuku Hiva's main village.

Date:11/13/2001
- Four Marquesan valleys forbidden during Survivor TV show

Tahitipresse : French Polynesia's government published, november 8th, a decree saying that private boats are not allowed to come in four Marquesan bays until December 23rd.

These four bays are the ones selected for the Survivor TV show : Hakatea, Hakapaa, Haaotupa (Colette bay) and Haatuatua.
Trespassers will be prosecuted. They will have to pay fines worth 20 000 to 50 000 CFP (153 to 384 US$).
------------------------------------------

It strikes me that anyone who spends the money to get to the Marquesas to spy on Survivor won't be put out of business by even the maximum fine quoted above. Chalk it up to travel expenses. One night in a hotel there costs that much.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More details on production PepeLePew13 11-20-01 1
   RE: More details on production Outfrontgirl 11-20-01 2
 Updates as of 11/21 and 11/24 Outfrontgirl 11-26-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: More details on production"

>Trespassers will be prosecuted. They will have to pay fines
>worth 20 000 to 50 000 CFP (153 to 384 US$).
>
>------------------------------------------
>
>It strikes me that anyone who spends the money to get
>to the Marquesas to spy on Survivor won't be put
>out of business by even the maximum fine quoted above.
>Chalk it up to travel expenses. One night in a
>hotel there costs that much.

Are you volunteering to go and find out for us?

Great info here, OFG!

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

11-20-01, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: More details on production"
Pepe--
>>Are you volunteering to go and find out for us?

I wish! I've always wanted to go to the South Pacific.
Too bad the show ends Dec 21 and I teach until then... if I went I couldn't go until early January, too late for spying.

United Airlines just trimmed 20,000 miles off a frequent flyer ticket to the S.P, and I was really excited, as it's now only a tad above a ticket to Hawaii, but--United only gets you to Sydney, and it's not so simple or cheap to finish the trip.
You can see I looked into it though.

Also, last month I took an all day workshop given by a veteran South Pacific cruise director, on history of and travel/tourism in the South Pacific, which was pretty interesting.

Dreaming...

11-26-01, 06:34 PM (EST)
3. "Updates as of 11/21 and 11/24"
Two new articles on production, one on security, another on trouble settling the agreement on promotion:
----------------------------
Date:11/24/2001
Marquesan population involved in Survivor project

Tahitipresse : The Marquesan population is very much involved in the "Survivor" project. No less than 170 Marquesan hunters have been hired to control entrance to the four "Survivor" valleys.

Given the situation, with 2 500 inhabitants in Nuku Hiva living near the four forbidden valleys, and 1 700 inhabitants alone in the main city, Taiohae, it was important for US producers to convince the population to collaborate.

In addition to the 170 hunters, 200 Marquesans were hired for various positions (drivers, secretaries, seamen, etc).
On the Taiohae heights, above the Keikahanui hotel (Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge), a shelter has been set up for the proud Marquesan hunters. It enables them to control access to the Colette bay.

Marquesan hunters have sworn that no press photographer, no paparazzi, will outsmart them. It is a question of pride.
"Of course, the hunters are not real law-enforcement officials and they do not carry guns", adds Philip Du Prel who points out that there is real teamwork with the French gendarmes.
------------------------------
Speaking of the gendarmes, a Tahitipresse article in French says that it's now riskier to try to take photographs of the Survivors than to brandish Winchesters in the streets (hmmm, I find that hard to believe), and that they have more personal security than President Bush (presumably referring to Bush's last visit there and not to his U.S. security!)

And the squabbling over logos and websites heats up:
------------------------------

Nov. 21
Tahitipresse : Survivors producers, Dick Beckett and Keith Hall, and representatives from the government of French Polynesia had a meeting, monday november 19th 2001, in Nuku Hiva (Marquesas islands).

Both sides were to sign an agreement for the making of the Survivor TV show in French Polynesia. Survivor producers reminded tahitian representatives that Survivor was to be aired in March or April 2002 in the United States. This will be a great boost for Marquesan tourism, they said. The program has 80 millions viewers, they added.
But the vice-president of the government of French Polynesia, Edouard Fritch, said Tahiti's financial aid for the project was already worth 60 millions CFP (460 000 US$).

Edouard Fritch wants a "Tahiti-mystic island" logo to appear on each Survivor broadcast. He also wants the program to let people know about one of French Polynesia's official websites. This website will provide informations to all the viewers who would like to visit the Marquesas island once the Survivor game is over.

All these informations, he pointed out, will help "US citizens to locate the Marquesas islands and Nuku Hiva on a chart".
Both sides did not reach an agreement on these issues. Survivor producers said they had to talk about these specific requests with CBS officials. CBS is airing the program in the United States.

Survivor producers and representatives from the government of French Polynesia will meet again in early December.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •