The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-07, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Melinda “I‘m A Woman” – She’s great. I would likely never buy a Melinda CD but I think she is possibly (probably?) the best singer this season.

Gina “Call Me When You’re Sober” - heh. “don’t feed the trolls” Awesome song choice. I love her. Does she have a perfect voice? No. Is she stunningly gorgeous? No. But hot damn this is what we need. “breath of fresh air” yep. Totally.

Lakisha “I Have Nothing” – She looked gorgeous. I’m a bit bored with her. I don’t think that was better than Whitney or even as good as Whitney. But, of course, that’s just my opinion.

Sabrina “Don‘t Let Go” - She’s stunning. I like her so I‘m always pleased well enough to rank her high(ish) but I never think she has that great of a voice. So I‘m always a little “huh?” when they say she has a great voice. Of course, I love that song and they were all dissing the song choice.

Stephanie “Sweet Thing” – I liked it.

Jordin “Heartbreaker” – This was my favorite performance from her. I’m not sure why that is and I’m not sure how that puts her way down here.

Antonella “Put Your Records On” – I think this was her best performance so far. I agreed with what Simon said to her and I respected her comments back to him. I think she is handling herself quite well considering all the media slaps she’s getting.

Haley “If My Heart Had Wings” – I told my husband that she is just surprisingly average. It didn’t even sound like she was trying to sound like a singer. I love Simon. “I don’t know your name.”

Friday Night Lights wasn’t even on last night and I still didn’t really care. I have problems ranking them. Because after Melinda and Gina, I just really don't care. Melinda is great and Gina is different. But here’s what it comes down to for me... I don’t need anymore female singers. I have enough. Oh. Unless you’re a female rock singer. We could always use some more of those. We all know that Gina ain't winning this thing.

"My name is Tim Riggins and I play fullback." -- Friday Night Lights Wednesdays @ 8 on NBC

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls TanNymph 03-08-07 1
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls CattyChat 03-08-07 2
   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Glow 03-08-07 18
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls xwraith27 03-08-07 3
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls livingthroughmytv 03-08-07 4
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls emydi 03-08-07 5
   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Magnolia_Rocker 03-08-07 6
       RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Fishercat 03-08-07 7
           RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Magnolia_Rocker 03-08-07 8
               RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Fishercat 03-08-07 10
                   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls emydi 03-08-07 11
                       RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls tamarama 03-08-07 20
       RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Ahtumbreez 03-08-07 15
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Fishercat 03-08-07 9
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls CTgirl 03-08-07 12
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls geekboy 03-08-07 13
   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls bob_chester 03-08-07 21
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls cahaya 03-08-07 14
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls SilverStar 03-08-07 16
   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Glow 03-08-07 17
       RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls agman 03-08-07 19
           RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls Misterhubs 03-09-07 22
 RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls arkiegrl 03-10-07 23
   RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls agman 03-10-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-07, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
What Glow said. Thanks for saving me the typing. I really like Gina also. I hope she makes the cut.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-07, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
My rankings are identical to Glow's, except Antonella will always get the bottom spot overall, competing for worst Idol contestant ever with the likes of Sundance this season.

Only Women Worth a Darn
1. Melinda “I‘m A Woman” ~~ Melinda definitely has the best vocals over everyone this season & she has a cute personality. Would I buy her CD? Good question, it depends what she sings. She doesn't really have any distinctive sound, so other than just phenomenal talent, she doesn't stand out as a star.

2. Gina “Call Me When You’re Sober” ~~ Obviously not pitch perfect, but rockers rarely are. Finally someone on the girls' side to break the monotony. This season is going to be really boring, because there are only 2 really interesting & different performers this season to bring some edge to the show (Blake & Gina).

3. Lakisha “I Have Nothing” ~~ Too many divas this season that I am bored already & we haven't gotten to the top 12. She is a powerhouse & looked great last night. While some want a Lakisha v Doolittle final 2, I would H.A.T.E. that. Boring. Personally, my F2 would be Melinda v Blake -- the best vocalist versus the best "current" performer.

Still Have Big Hopes For
4. Sabrina “Don‘t Let Go” ~~ If not for Melinda & Lakisha taking all the thunder, Sabrina would run all the way to the finals this season. She is gorgeous and can belt it out. She is what an "Idol" would be, overall. I'm sure she's gone tonight, though, which is a shame.

Getting Bored / Won't Miss
5. Stephanie “Sweet Thing” ~~ She's great, but it's too much of a good thing this season and I am bored already.
6. Jordin “Heartbreaker” ~~ See directly above.

Seriously Won't Miss
7. Haley “If My Heart Had Wings” ~~ Nothing special about her singing. She is not bad, just no "Yo" factor. Pretty girl, but do we really need any more Jessica Simpsons (looks good, not that talented as a singer)?

Why Must We Suffer!!!! Part 2
8. Antonella “Put Your Records On” ~~ Well, we know she'll make the final 12, so I guess that will break the monotony, but I'm so sick of listening to her pathetic attempts at singing. I note that this week she decided to be "humble/sweet" Antonella. She doesn't have me fooled, she is a grade A DAW, with emphasis on the W. I still think the photos were leaked purposely to help Antonella stay in the competition . . .

One nation, under Romber...

03-08-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
I think you hit the nail on the head (or whatever). It's overload. Yeah, we get it, you want a chick to win. A chick with a big gigantic voice.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-08-07, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
1. Melinda - great. sold the entire performance
2. Gina - great. different.
3. Lakisha - good. nothing new.
4. Jordin - good. better than Nikki McKibbin's version.
5. Sabrina - good. wasn't entirely sold on it.
6. Antonella - ok. her best performance.
7. Stephanie - not quite ok. I thought it was a bit all over the place.
8. Haley - she's back to being Disney, but she's better than Phil, Sanjaya, and Sundance from their last performances.

livingthroughmytv 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-07, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail livingthroughmytv Click to send private message to livingthroughmytv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
1. Melinda: Just fantastic. I love her. And I would totally buy her CD. Then again, I'm probably a bit older than a lot of folks here. (heh--I almost said I would buy her album. yeah.)

2. Gina: So different. We need a rocker chick to balance out all the divas.

3. La Kisha: Still love her. Love her more when she's sassy rather than on the ballads. But she can flat out sing.

4. Stephanie: Classy and elegant. I want to see how she does out of her R&B riff though.

5. Jordan: So young to have a voice that big. She still needs to work on her control, but I love her talent and her spirit.

6. Sabrina: Too much screaming this week. She's a better singer than that. She needs to get away from the diva ballads.

7. Haley: Not good. Pretty girl with an okay voice.

8. Antonella: Crap. Utter crap. How much longer must we be tormented. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

Again did not look at others' lists

1. Melinda...WOW she can take a really tired song and make it her own...she is the best at doing that and actually has a better voice than Lakisha. I love her!

2. Lakisha--She is awesome and she actually pulled off a Whitney.

3. Gina--I hate Evanenscence (sp?) but I loved her singing this...she is the only Rocker really in comp this time...

4. Stephanie-I liked this but not her best

5. Jordin--wow that wasn't Disney. Wasn't her best...she should stick to more Disney stuff but she is so cute I just love her

6. Sabrina-it was good but not enough with the boob girl in it, unfortunately

7. Antonella--actually was not as horrible as usual but still bad...Simon is so right...all that "we are all individuals" is crap she can't sing as well and she knows it

8. Haley--OMH that was awful

My Final 2 (tribey is my hero!)

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-07 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

"I hate Evanenscence"

Seriously? Wow, I can't imagine anyone hating them. I guess it's cause I love them so much.

Gina actually made me perk up a bit last night. First time this season.

A Tribe Original!

etf italics

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-08-07, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Then you'd be surprised at how many people do.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-08-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
eh. It's just personal taste. I hate country music and I'm sure millions of people out there (if they knew) couldn't believe that either.

A Tribe Original!

03-08-07, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
I don't doubt it, but there are a lot of people I know who don't like Evanescense and are rock fans otherwise.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
me included

I like Avril even less

tribey is my hero!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Add me to that list.

Whenever I accidently hear some Evanescence, I immediately start screaming just to cover the noise -- then lunge to change the station/volume if possible - or leave the room if not. Seriously.

Chick's voice makes my ears bleed. HATE.

Love plenty of other rock chicks though.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Magnolia,
I'm with you, but remember I like Dilana, so you may not want to count my opinion

As for ranking:

Any order Gina, Lakisha and Melinda

not even thinking about the rest.

03-08-07, 11:39 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
1) Melinda "Dr." Doolittle (Pretty clear #1 this week)

2) Lakisha "Strahan" Jones (She oversang it and I don't think her Whitney was as good as McPhee, but she was still very good)

3) Jordin "Lisa Tucker On Roids" Sparks (She's not Pat Benatar, but she was a lot more exciting than most of the other girls this week)

4) Stephanie "Fantasiabot" Edwards (I guess, she was okay but not great. I think she is in danger of going home: too many divas and she was unremarkable)

5) Sabrina "Who?" Sloane (Probably dead, the worst of the Diva-types. She was good tonight, but not good enough)

6) Antonella "VFTW" Barba (Not a bias vote, I honestly didn't think her Corinne Bailey Rae was that bad, it was smooth enough and not a complete butcher. Worst natural singer there, but honestly, not the worst tonight)

7) Haley "Heather Cox" Scarnato (So Disney. I think she has some talent, but she's probably made it two rounds longer than her performances have warranted)

8) Gina "iehrferffeajw" Glocksen (Her shouting into the mic LITERALLY gave me a headache, there was nothing about that performance of Evanesence that I liked)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
1. Melinda – Fantastic performance. This is the first time I enjoyed her song more than Lakisha’s.
2. Jordin – The music overpowered her at times, but I thought she was great. I loved her energy.
3. Lakisha – If that hadn’t been a Whitney song, I would have loved it, but Whitney is a hard act to follow. Loved Simon pimping her outfit!
4. Gina – The band overpowered her at times too. But she is different and a “breath of fresh air.”
5. Stephanie – Beautiful voice, good personality, didn’t like her song choice.
6. Sabrina – Bad song choice and it could be her downfall tonight. There was no personality or melody to her song.
7. Haley – she is a bland singer that sounds like she is recording a kids song CD.
8. Antonella – I cringed throughout her entire song!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-08-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Surprisingly, i wan't all that 'blown away' by the girls last night. I think they took a step back as the boys did. But even so, they blew away teh boys completely.

Melinda - Loved her from her first audition. Brilliant. This girl can do no wrong.
Lakisha - dittos. These are now my two favorites.
Gina - 'bout time, girl. I hope you stay around.

The rest...eh. Nothing special.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
I am with you on this Geekboy those three and I don't care about the rest.

Except Lakisha and Gina would trade places for me this week. The others better watch out or Melinda will leave them in the dust.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
Idols

(1) Melinda - Oh, yeah. We're lookin' at the next American Idol! She's phonomenal. I liked her a lot from the very beginning and like her even more now.

(2) Lakisha - Lakisha in true form. She didn't wow me like a couple of other songs she's done in the past, but it's clear why she's among the very few favorites to be the next Idol.

Hopefuls

(3) Jordin - Pretty good and energetic, although not a top-flight performance. There was a lot of background music, more to show off stage presence and personality as singing and she pulled it off reasonably well.

(4) Stephanie - Up til this week, I didn't like her stage presence even if her voice was pretty good. She stepped it up a notch this week with that song, which she did really well. I found myself liking it.

Still lookin' worried

(5) Sabrina - Hmmmm, I never really did like Sabrina's stage performing that much anyway, but this was a pretty good performance by her - solid (as Randy put it) but somewhat emotionless (as Simon put it). Better than a hotel resort singer, though.

(6) Gina - Ok, she gambled, cut loose and came close to punk rocking. Yup, she belongs with a band. What Simon is really saying is that two other ladies (starting with Antonella) should go out this week while we have Gina for variety.

Seeya later!

(7) Haley - A sincere and happy sort of performance by Haley, but it's like she's on stage rather than taking the stage.

(8) Antonella - Sweet and talented in her own way, she needs training and more experience. As Simon put it, some of us find ourselves hoping she could sing better even though she has gotten better every week. For being as young as she is, she seems to be holding her composure fairly well.

Rays of light by tribe.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
1. Melinda- I just love her. Not only is she the most talented, but she's so freaking cute that I want to pick her up and carry her around in my pocket.

2. Lakisha- Not her best, but still pretty darn great.

3. Stephanie- I wish she would pick a different type of song.

4. Jordin- I only saw the last part of her performance because I got home late, but what I saw, I liked.

5. Sabrina- I didn't think it was very good, but I do like her and think she is very talented. I would hate to see her go home tonight. I tried to vote for her but my phone died.

6. Gina- I did not like this. But I do like Gina, and I hope she sticks around. I agree with Glow that we need more female rock singers.

7. Haley- I want to like her, but she's so damn boring!

8. Antonella- Her best yet, but still awful. Please go away.

03-08-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
"I want to pick her up and carry her around in my pocket"

I used to say that about Breezy. Now I say I want to carry her around by her arm like a little doll.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
After Melinda and Lakisha, I don't really care about the others too much. I think those will be the two finalists if it comes down to who can actually sing the best. I agree that last night was not the girls bests night, but overall, I think they are way ahead of the guys in talent.

Misterhubs 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Misterhubs Click to send private message to Misterhubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
In order of appearance:

1. Jordin Sparks ("Heartbreaker")
Let's start on a positive note. Jordin has a full voice and knows how to work the audience. She's a bit off-key here and there and is drowned out by the back-up vocals, but she'll improve over time. I like her.

2. Sabrina Sloan ("Don't Let Go")
Sabrina is a hairline away from looking like a tranny with her heavy makeup and Santo Nino hair. That said, she's a competent singer, although she often pushes her voice, which is on the thin side, beyond its limit. You need to polish up, girlfriend.

3. Antonella Barba ("Put Your Record On")
She sounds like she's jumping up and down a trampoline while choking on a banana but this is actually her least offensive performance. But let's keep it real. She doesn't belong here. She knows it. All of Earth's hearing creatures knows it. Vote her off please, America.

4. Haley Scarnato ("If My Heart Had Wings")
The true Haley finally shows up and gives us a performance worthy of an intermission number at some Christian school beauty pageant. It's not terrible. It's just so cheesy and out-of-place. Bye Haley.

5. Stephanie Edwards ("Sweet Thing")
The dress works; the song suits her; she commands the stage. But overall, I'm not awed by Stephanie. I feel like I've seen this all before. You know, the Vonzells, the LaToyas, the Parises. Give me something new, sister. Wow me.

6. LaKisha Jones ("I Have Nothing")
LaKisha sings American Idol's national anthem and the result is a forgettable number. Where is the leg-kicking LaKisha in Hollywood week? Bring her back.

7. Gina Glockson ("Call Me When You're Sober")
Ok, she's flat and nowhere near talented as the next performer. But I like that Gina serves a different dish to the table. She's the sporty spice in a room full of Whitney wannabes. Props to her.

8. Melinda Doolittle ("I'm A Woman")
After that long front act, the real show begins. Once again, Melinda brings down the house, burns it, and runs it over with a bulldozer. Oh my. What a superb talent, she is. When she wins, she'll be, I think, the best singer ever to win this show. Not Kelly. Not Carrie. Melinda.

Best of the Night: Melinda Doolittle
Worst of the Night: Antonella Barba.

http://Misterhubs.blogspot.com

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
I've been discussing the performances with a co-worker, and her take on Melinda is that she would buy a CD by Melinda, but no way would she ever go see Melinda in concert.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Top Eight Girls"
I agree, I think Melinda is one of, if not the best singers in the competition, but I wouldn't want to go to any concert of hers. She may, however, get her style/sound together after the contest. I hope so. She seems like a nice person.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •