The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Paranormal experiences"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-17-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Paranormal experiences"
I was watching a program about ghost hunting with a friend of mine and found out she is afraid of ghosts (no offense Boo), I mean really afraid, as in didn't want to leave the building after the program. Now I have never seen anything ghostly, or had any other unexplained happening, except maybe an intuition about something that had no basis in facts I knew. I don't think I'de be afraid of ghosts even if they were there, might be some spirits I would like to see again. Does anyone have any real live spine tingling experiences?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Paranormal experiences J Slice 08-17-05 1
   RE: Paranormal experiences calamityc 08-17-05 2
 RE: Paranormal experiences HistoryDetective 08-17-05 3
   RE: Paranormal experiences Surveysez 08-17-05 6
       RE: Paranormal experiences HistoryDetective 08-17-05 7
           RE: Paranormal experiences Surveysez 08-17-05 9
 RE: Paranormal experiences cahaya 08-17-05 4
 RE: Paranormal experiences HobbsofMI 08-17-05 5
 RE: Paranormal experiences - This i... Maroonclown 08-17-05 8
 RE: Paranormal experiences ginger 08-17-05 10
 RE: Paranormal experiences frisky 08-17-05 11
 RE: Paranormal experiences mysticwolf 08-17-05 12
 RE: Paranormal experiences buckeyegirl 08-17-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
Yep!

This January, Steve and I, along with his folks and oldest brother, went out to Colorado to visit his other siblings and their respective families... anyway, not far from Colorado Springs is this cave called Cave of the Winds. Very neat. We did a lantern tour, meaning it was about... let's say 12 people or so, carrying nothing but candle lanterns through this massive cave.

Our guide stopped us for a second and asked us to blow out our candles so we could see how dark it was. So we did as such, and sure enough, pitch black darkness (duh). Except I know I saw something white moving around about 20 feet in front of me. Steve's siter-in-law saw it too. I noted this to the guide, and she then proceeded to tell the group that the cave was indeed haunted, and that we weren't the first ones to see that white figure in the distance. It's not always in the same place.

Yeah, that creeped me out.

This is the world we live in/And these are the hands we’re given

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-17-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
brrrr...that is creepy!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
When I was living and working at Winterthur during the spring semester I lived in a house that formerly belonged to the duPont's favorite chef and gardener. Three of my housemates separately reported waking up to find a woman in their bedrooms, standing over the bed or walking around. She evaporated if they said anything to her.

Two of these three people were short-term research fellows who stayed in the house for only a month. Their tenure did not overlap with the others, so they had no chance to compare notes --- yet their stories were consistent.

I lived there for five months and never saw anything in the house (in the archive late at night is another story). I didn't know whether to be relieved or offended that Old Lady Foulsham never came to visit me.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-17-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
**pulls up a chair and waits for the archive late at night story**

Is this gonna be like the Ghostbusters in the library scene?

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
Sadly, my archive experience was not nearly as interesting as the Old Lady Foulsham sightings. I worked late in the archive a couple of nights in the main reading room. Some of the permanent staff have offices along the wall with windows looking out into the reading room. As I worked away, I kept noticing somebody moving from office to office out of the corner of my eye, but every time I turned too look, there was nobody there. I also heard lots of movement and banging around in the stacks. When I signed out, I asked the security guard on duty if anybody else was in the building. He said no.

My more freaky experience took place at the David Library of the American Revolution about four years ago. I stayed in the library until just after dusk. The rest of the staff and the other visiting research fellow already left. When I departed I walked toward the visiting scholars residence, but I thought I saw the other research fellow walking up the path from the main road, so I stopped to wait. He got closer and closer, but as he crossed the bridge over the canal, when his features should have gotten distinct enough for me to recognize him, he just evaporated. When I got into the house, I discovered the other research fellow already there. I met the founder of the library's granddaughter later during my stay and told her the story. She said that was exactly the right time of evening that her grandfather would have taken his evening constitutional around the estate. (Her grandmother has been sighted in the visiting scholars residence, though I never saw her.) As my time there continued, I would often find books that I needed to use or that I had helped to produce would be positioned on the shelves so they stuck out much farther than the other books around them. It was a pretty freaky place to be at night.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-17-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
Ooooooo. shivers delightedly**

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
My Mom swears she has. She was on a group trail-riding trip and when she led the group to a railroad crossing, her horse got spooked, as did several other horses. She thinks she saw a mist at the crossing, although it wasn't foggy or raining. They later found out that there'd been a train/car wreck there a week before with the car driver being killed.

I've never experienced a ghost or spirit in waking life, but I've encountered spirits in my dreams.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
DW asked me this the other day when seeing an ad for this show.

Nope...never had an esperience and I don't really believe in them because I'm too much the engineer and think it all can be explained by something. Plus we have pulled one or two pranks on people who thought they were seeing or hearing a ghost.

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Paranormal experiences - This is a long one."
My DH and I moved into a 1932 bungalow about 6 years ago. Our neighbours are in their '80's and have lived there all their life so they are a wealth of information.

Our home was built by a firechief for his wife. They had no children so it was built as a 1 bedroom.

Things went along well until we had a fire during Christmas. We burned the pass-through window between the kitchen and living room. We redid it and, quite frankly, it was almost identical to pre-fire.

Shortly thereafter, we awoke one Sunday morning to find our 32" TV on the floor on its side across the room and resting against our large wooden coffee table. There were black skidmarks right across the floor and large scratches on the 4 ft high TV stand (its that Aztec type of furniture). It was if it had been pushed from behind. Miraculously, there was only a small dent in the top of the TV and no other damage.

Our bedroom is right next to the livingroom and we heard nothing throughout the night. All windows and doors were locked.

Once we got the TV back up on the stand (it was a heavy MF'er) we pondered what it could have been. I said the firechief was mad that we burned his house.

A week later I was doing laundry in the basement and I shook out a black top from what I was sorting. A warm Baby Belle cheese fell out of nowhere. I'm not in the habit of carrying around cheese so I was puzzled. I immediately thought of our ghost and thought I would ask our neighbours what the name of the firechief's wife was. If it had been any version of Belle, I knew I would have my answer.

A few weeks after that we were at a social function as were my neighbours. So I said, "Vera, what was the name of the firechief's wife". She thought for a minute and said Delores (or something). Then Vera's husband Bruce piped up and said "But didn't he marry her sister after she passed away?" and Vera said "Yes, her name was Isabelle".

(I'm getting chills just writing this.) I had my answer and our house has been ghost free ever since. I refuse to remove the skidmarks as they are my proof that this actually happened.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
In my first apartment, the bowls spun. Just randomly spun on the shelf or on the table. No other signs or anything. Possibly the most single-track poltergeist in history.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
DH saw the ghost of his best friend once.

DH is the skeptic of all skeptics. He openly laughs at people who talk of the paranormal, afterlife, ghosts, premonitions, fortune tellers, etc. (although he believes that a man parted a huge body of water with a wave of his hands, but I digress).

Anyhoo, DH told me one day after work that he thinks he saw a ghost. My mouth dropped open, not because he'd seen a ghost, but because this was D-friggin-H we're talking about here, and he just doesn't do ghosts.

So he goes on to tell me that he's working away on something back in the shipping department, writing out an order or something, when he saw someone out of the corner of his eye standing behind and to the right of him. He finished what he was writing while the person waited (he could see them still standing there waiting), and then he turned to see what they wanted. There was nobody there.

He said he "freaked out." He knew someone had just been there. He looked all over the shipping docks, through all the rooms, behind stuff, and there was nobody. He thought he must've been losing it, he said.

Then he notices the date on the thing he was writing up. It was the 10 year anniversary of his best friend's death in a car accident.

He still tries to put on the front about not believing in ghosts, but whenever I remind him of this, he can't explain it away. He was asking questions like "I wonder if Mike came back to see how I was doing." It was the first (and only) time that I've ever heard him even speculate about the dead/undead/ghosties.

The world is my litterbox.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
I've had a few, a couple of which involved my mother. We seemed to have a link. Example: One day shortly after I started 7th grade at my new school I missed the bus going home (this was the first year I'd ever had to ride a bus to or from school). I tried calling home, but there wasn't anyone there. The school had a rule that we couldn't be in the building after hours, so I had to leave. I'd just sat down on the steps in front and was trying to figure out what to do next (starting to panic) when my mom pulled up. She'd been visiting a friend when all of a sudden she said she had to leave. She knew I was in trouble and she had to go to me. Left immediately and drove to the school.

After she got cancer she was in the hospital for a long time. One night, around 2am I woke up to find her in my room, by the bed. She came over and tucked me in and told me that she loved me very much, but that she had to leave now. She gave me a kiss and patted my back. As she left the room the telephone rang. Shortly after my father came to my room to tell me that te call had been from the hospital. Mom had died. I told him that I already knew that, she'd already told me.

There have been a number of other times in my life I've experienced things that cannot be explained, but this one is the one I remember and treasure the most.

A Roll Dice Original http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Paranormal experiences"
I've shared this experience before, but will do it again. A few years ago when I lived in Chicago, a friend and I lived in apartment that was haunted. We moved in during the summer, and had no air conditioner. Doors would fly open when shut. Certain areas of the apartment would be freezing. This was in August-when we had 90 degree temperatures. We would hear footsteps in the apartment when we were both sitting down. The water would be running when we swore we had turned off the faucet. These experiences we explained away at first. The doors opening we put down to old doors, so we got what's called an eye hook, to lock the doors shut. The footsteps we put off as thin walls and being able to hear our neighbors next door.

However, the door would still mysteriously open at night, even with the locks. One night I was in the bathroom, and heard my roommate's door creak open. I thought maybe she couldn't sleep or something, so I went to go and talk to her. She was sound asleep. There was no wind whatsoever. The apartment was cold. It was august-it should've been toasty warm. We got to know all of our neighbors (it was a small apartment building) and knew their schedules. The footsteps could be heard even when none of our neighbors were home. One night we had one of our skeptic friends over for dinner, and as we were sitting at the kitchen table the water faucet turned on full blast. No one was near the sink. We had watched our friend turn it off. We had the super check out the faucet. Nothing was wrong with it. Also when our friend was there, the hair dryer mysterious turned itself on. No one was near it, and nothing was wrong with the wiring. (had it checked.)

On another evening, my friend and I were in the kitchen cooking dinner, and I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I assumed it was my roommate. Turns out she wasn't near me at all-she was across the room. My roommate once went into the pantry and swears she felt a body. I wasn't in the pantry. There were several other weird experiences that we had that I can't remember now, but it was stuff that couldn't be explained away-we tried, and her dad tried. (he was a lawyer, and experienced some of the strange happenings himself, and became a believer.)

Slice and Dice Shop 2005, a Syren speciality - Bouncy By IceCat

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •