The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-05-03, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Again this week, Mark Burnett seems bound and determined to shut me down, giving me less to comment upon with each passing week. But I’m no Quitting Osten, folks. Like Ryan and Darrah, I plan to battle this adversity to the end, “clawing and scratching” all the way. (“I guess y’all have to be carryin’ me away.”)

Please note that, in protest of the annoying twist, I will not include the ‘Outcasts,’ who were previously rightfully booted (and therefore eliminated from the Diva Contention.) I reserve the right to add them in subsequent articles, but only when they reach non-outcast status (and even then I think I will judge them even more harshly than Andrew ever could.)

Morgan Tribe

Andrew Savage
Andrew has fallen a notch this week, as the distinct smell of fear is upon him. As one of the former Morgan tribe will be soon returning, there is the distinct possibility Andrew’s Kingdom may be in jeopardy, and the sweat is beginning to show. (Everyone knows a Diva is never caught sweating!) On the upside, Andrew showed off more of his lean body this week, as his boxers caught on the gate during the challenge.

Darrah Johnson
Darrah continues to shrink to Lara Flynn Boyle-ish proportions, causing Jeff Probst to question what is holding up her top at this point (as I’ve been asking for weeks.) She’s on the upswing, though, as she appears to have maneuvered herself into the core Morgan alliance, using her Southern Princess whiles (notice she was holding Ryan’s hand at the Tribal Council.) As she expressed her determination to stay in the game, all I could hear her saying was: “As god is my witness, I’ll never eat again!”
Diva Points: 25

Osten Taylor
(Deceased 10/30/03)

Osten quit, and thank god no one argued. I won’t waste any more column space on this self-proclaimed “bag of atrophy.”
Quote of the Week:
“If you don’t like what I do or what I say, you can get in line to kiss my ass.” (I considered it, Osten, but the line was waaaay too long.)

Ryan Opray
Ryan moved into the “Prince” slot, as the Morgan monarchy solidified. Finally he could step out of Osten’s overblown shadow. (Notice when Jeff was asking if Ryan agreed to let Osten go, Ryan couldn’t say ‘yes’ fast enough, interrupting Jeff during the question.)

Tijuana Bradley
As King Andrew begins to slip, Queen Tijuana firmly takes the reigns, reclaiming the title of Morgan Diva of the Week. This week, girlfriend looked like a wet T-shirt contest winner, as a rainy tribal council caused her cleavage-baring blouse to cling appealingly to her torso.
Morgan Tribe Diva of the Week: 50

Drake Tribe

Christa Hastie
Christa stayed out of the fray this week, allowing others to self-destruct while she shook her head in amusement. (A Diva knows the right moment to take control.)

Jon Dalton
Johnny Fairplay is around for another week to annoy and/or entertain us, again proving to be the most quote-worthy of the bunch. (His fashion sense is laughable as well, and this week his knee-high dingy white socks and his assortment of odd-sized freckles got too much airplay for my taste.)
Quotes of the Week:
(Accurately, to Shawn.) “You’re an asshole, dude.” “A ##### man doesn’t fight someone, you #####, a ##### Neanderthal does, there’s a ##### difference.”
(As he voted for Shawn.) “##### you!”
Takes One to Know One Quote of the Week:
(About the ‘loser’ outcast tribe.) “They’re used to that. Their entire lives they’ve been losers.”

Fashion Citation: -25
Best Quotes of Week Seven (Part One): 50

Rupert Boneham
Rupert flew off the handle this week, continuing his drama-queen ways in a Lex-like tirade to expose Jon’s vote. Like Andrew, Ruperts flop-sweat was palpable. (Remind me again why everyone loves this arrogant melodramatic loner?)
Quote of the Week:
(Returning from the last Tribal Council.) “Who the hell voted for me? What the ##### was that ##### tonight?”
(Later, to the camera.) “I was ready to kill Jon. Literally. Grab that little scrawny ass by the neck and pop his head off like a ##### chicken… Johnny Fairplay is Johnny Pain-in-the-Ass now to me.”

Drama Queen Deduction: -25

Sandra Diaz-Twine
Sandra earns Drake Tribe Diva of the Week for the first time, for her combination of honesty, wit, and impeccable hair care. And as she instigated the plan to have Shawn and Jon defend themselves to the tribe (because she thought it would be fun) she gave us, the audience, a chance to laugh at the two most annoying contestants remaining in the game.
Quote of the Week:
(As Jon and Shawn fought.) “Let them kill each other… as long as it ain’t Sandra, I’m happy.”
(As she asked for boot volunteers.) “Don’t everybody jump up at the same time.”

Drake Tribe Diva of the Week: 50

Shawn Cohen
(Deceased 10/30/03)

What can I say about this clueless himbo? (I mean, I hate Jon too, but pick on someone your own size!) Good riddance. Now you can go home and hopefully hire a trainer to help you get rid of that Buddha belly of yours.

Summary
Queen Tijuana re-assumes the lead with 250 points, while King Andrew falls to second with 225. Christa holds in third with a total of 125 points, but Diva-Come-Lately Sandra is on the rise with 75 points, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, Rupert, with –175, is still in last place.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Survivors. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned ass.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... MakeItStop 11-05-03 1
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... strid333 11-06-03 2
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... Bebo 11-06-03 3
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... dajaki 11-06-03 4
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... minitroll 11-06-03 5
 RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Is... Steen 11-06-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-05-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
WooHoo am I the first one to reply? Loved the journal as usual Larry! I can't imagine Survivor without you. I look forward to the Journal every week.

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-06-03, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
As always, a great summary! (And thank you for not dignifying the losers with a response.)

Three is the perfect number.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Once again, a wonderful GSJ! Sandra and Tijuana were excellent choices for this week.

My favorite line:

Quote of the Week:
“If you don’t like what I do or what I say, you can get in line to kiss my ass.”
(I considered it, Osten, but the line was waaaay too long.)

*smooch*

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-06-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Perfect, as usual. Thank you Larry for your uncanny insight into these tribes. I agree about Sandra. She's definitely on the upswing.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-06-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Excellent Journal as usual Larry! I still can't believe Mark Burnett turned you down and picked a loser like Osten.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-06-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Survivor Journal - Pearl Islands Episode Seven (Part One) - 'Shawn’s Ship Sinks (and Osten Opts Out)'"
Great as always

Loved this line:
Takes One to Know One Quote of the Week:
(About the ‘loser’ outcast tribe.) “They’re used to that. Their entire lives they’ve been losers.”

Awesome J Slice Creation 2003

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •