The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rant with me. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-12-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rant with me. "
I feel crabby. I am not crabby at any one in particular, just the driving world pissin' me off.

* Since when does a red traffic light mean "Still drive through it, it's not as if we really meant for you to stop."?

* Why can we not arrest the boom boom cars that are so loud you can not hear yourself think? And then these @ssholes speed in and out of traffic just to be first in line. I demand missles be attached to the front of my car.

* Start seeing motorcycles my @ss. I saw you alright, weaving in and out of traffic, and then driving down the center where there *is* no lane. You give motorcylclist a bad name. And please tell me you are a donor so I feel better about your bad driving.

* Okay dumbsh!t yakking on your cell phone and clogging up the entire parking lot because you are so self involved. Get off your phones and drive.

I think I feel a bit of angst today. No? So what's buggung you??

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rant with me. ginger 08-12-05 1
 RE: Rant with me. Cygnus X1 08-12-05 2
   RE: Rant with me. Dakota 08-15-05 24
 RE: Rant with me. Maroonclown 08-12-05 3
   RE: Rant with me. Tiggertramp 08-12-05 4
 RE: Rant with me. Snidget 08-12-05 5
 RE: Rant with me. CantStandToLook 08-12-05 6
 RE: Rant with me. cahaya 08-12-05 7
 RE: Rant with me. buckeyegirl 08-12-05 8
   RE: Rant with me. Cygnus X1 08-12-05 9
   RE: Rant with me. Pretty_Kitty 08-12-05 12
 This is a nice little item moonbaby 08-12-05 10
   RE: This is a nice little item PepeLePew13 08-14-05 20
       RE: This is a nice little item SpoonStruck 08-14-05 21
 RE: Rant with me. Estee 08-12-05 11
 RE: Rant with me. strid333 08-13-05 13
 RE: Rant with me. war_eagle 08-13-05 14
 stupid. J Slice 08-13-05 15
   Girlene! Tiggertramp 08-14-05 17
   RE: stupid. lvoetulips 08-14-05 19
 RE: Rant with me. Silvergirl1 08-14-05 16
   Grocery Intruders SpoonStruck 08-17-05 25
 RE: Rant with me. lvoetulips 08-14-05 18
   RE: Rant with me. Silvergirl1 08-15-05 23
 RE: Rant with me. Sunny_Bunny 08-14-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rant with me. "
If only you had the sun shining out your bum, you'd be a lot less grumpy!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rant with me. "
Didn't you hear? The red light now means, "Only three more cars."

A MysticWolf original!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rant with me. "
>Didn't you hear? The red
>light now means, "Only three
>more cars."
>
bwahahahahah

I'm always amazed when I think I'm pushing it by going through the yellow/red phase only to find 2 or 3 cars coming through behind me!

Cygnus Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rant with me. "
Awe, poor poor Tigger.

I'm with you on driving rants. Why can't people use a one-way street properly and not make a left hand turn from the right hand side of the road?

Not much buggin me today other than a co-worker who I can tell is in a crappy mood over some such. You know the type - you can tell they are riding on the edge and could explode any second, so you spend the entire day walking on eggshells.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

08-12-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rant with me. "
Am *I* your coworker??

Kidding dear, I not ready to explode. Yet. I think the clock is ticking though...

I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rant with me. "
Oh, they also changed the meaning of green light to "keep the car perfectly still and yak on your cell phone".

Or at least that is the memo dim-bulb got yesterday morning.

I was at the pedestrian crosswalk by the parking deck yesterday (one where usually no one stops at the red light because the only thing to hit are people, and they won't really do any damage to a car) right when it turned back to red hand, don't go.

So there is a car (at least a full car length in front of the line where she should have stopped) sitting there.

I hear a beep; I look up. Light is green.
Car is just sitting there with dim-bulb talking on cell phone.
I hear another beep; I look up. Light is still green.
I wave at dim-bulb and point up at the light; I hear a beep.
I wave at dim-bulb again and point up more dramatically.

She finally awakens from her stupor and discovers that she is in a potentially moving vehicle rather than a stationary object and drives through the green light.

They are running the red lights because they don't have opportunities to go through them at all when they are green

Where is Mr Potter when you need him?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rant with me. "
*sits* in traffic next to TT and say hell yeah, what she said.

They installed red light cameras in a few places here and still people run it.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rant with me. "
Funny, you perfectly described traffic 10,000 miles away. Are you a psychic, or what?

What's buggin' me is that I can't even see the sun during the day, with the smoke haze. *blech*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rant with me. "

~Why do customers feel the need to talk on cell phones while checking out? Don't they know they are holding up the line?

~Why do people come to a complete stop when making a turn with no stop sign in sight?

~Why do people wait 5 minutes before going when the light turns green?

~Why do customers have to believe because I'm a cashier, I'm an idiot and know nothing, even though I'm in charge of the entire store in the evenings?

-whew, that felt much better, thanks Tigger!!

Slice and Dice Shop 2005, a Syren speciality

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rant with me. "
Why do customers feel the need to talk on cell phones while checking out? Don't they know they are holding up the line?

At least YOU don't talk on the phone when customers are checking out. At the now-defunct Caldor, that happened all the time. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, Miss..."

No wonder they went under.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-12-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rant with me. "
Buckeyegirl
oh how I feel your pain I'm a bank teller a couple days a week and people will sit in their cars and yak (these are the same people that NEVER have their slips filled out) meanwhile cars are lining up behind them while they take care of thier big important blathering business and then when complaints come in about how slow the drive thru is WHO do you think gets the flak? the tellers do of course

since we're on a rant here I have a co-worker who's guts I hate I hate her because she's mind numbingly stupid and should never have been hired and yet the bosses fawn all over her and fail to recongnize that the rest of us are working extra to pick up her slack GRRRRRRRRR

ah I do feel a little better now thanks to the person who started this post can we do this every Friday?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "This is a nice little item"

It's a cell phone signal jammer. I hope you like jammin too

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: This is a nice little item"
I think it'd be excellent if all movie theaters use them and banks & grocery stores implement them to jam all cell phones within ten feet of a checkout. This would certainly get lines moving faster.

I've actually yelled at someone to get moving after she stood in line with two items and just stood there yakking while the cashier kept trying to get her attention so she could pay for the items. She gave me a dirty look.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This is a nice little item"
Here's an effective method for annoying cell phone gabbers (especially the ones who talk really loud and you have to hear personal details about a stranger's life, which you find quite painful). After you confirm that the cell call is a nonessential annoyance to humankind, politely address the gabber in a made-up "foreign" language. (Don't use a real alternative language...they might understand you.) When the gabber gives you an annoying look, persist. Feign some need, like you're trying to read a package or determine how to make change in "foreign to you" currency or you need to know where a post office is. It's fun. Sometimes you can even point to their phone and say something like, "Keteha?" They'll hold out the phone to bug-eye you, and you can start speaking into their phone in your "foreign" launguage. (Don't grab the phone, however, as this could be construed as an act of attempted robbery.)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rant with me. "
I demand missles be attached to the front of my car.

Just the front?

http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/autoduel/

(Funny site... I found it chasing after one of my personal banes: an ancient Marble Madness machine that lurked in the corner of the mall, waiting to elevate the stress levels of generation after generation. It may still be there. I still hear the screams.)

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-13-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rant with me. "
Why do people insist of turning left with no left turn signal?

And why do people not stop at stop signs and cut me off when I'm a pedestrian or a bicyclist?

I'm convinced that the people who drive in my city are idiots and that it's a miracle that I haven't been killed yet. (Because a car can do a lot of damage to a person who has no big engine in front of them to provide protection.)

Three is the perfect number.

war_eagle 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-13-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail war_eagle Click to send private message to war_eagle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rant with me. "
Also dont forget....take out (or add to) all of the above "cell phone" items and replace with "girl puttin on makeup" while running 80 mph down freeway, at red light, intown traffic...you get the idea.

War Eagle

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "stupid."
In the future, Miss Slice, don't have 7 DIFFERENT drinks in one night.

Uggh...

so much vomiting...

The world was moving/she was right there with it/ and she was

08-14-05, 01:08 AM (EST)
17. "Girlene!"
Were you dumb??

I am not one to talk though. I have had a bottle of wine and I am loopy. I think the cold medicine is helping...so I am dumb too sweetie pie...

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-14-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: stupid."
*see* what happens when you don't stick to lovely ales and stouts?

Sigs by Bob! When the best isn't good enough!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rant with me. "

This rant is brought to you by Cellular One, Giant Food, and Discover Card.

Okay, it's Friday and the Giant Food store is a little crowded. I just wanted to pay for my items and be quick about it because I was stocking up on ice cream on one of the hottest days of the year. I finally settle on one of the Self Scan aisles because that would be faster than waiting in a long line at one of the regular checkouts. I get behind a lady who is having a problem scanning bagels from the self serve bakery. A cashier finally comes over to help her finish her order and I start to process my order. Just as I am starting, a kid (guy in his 20's) who is talking loudly on his cell phone intrudes my space. I'm wondering why he's doing that, because the cell convo doesn't indicate why he is coming the wrong way into my aisle, forcing me to stop scanning my stuff. He finally detaches the cellphone from his ear when a cashier comes up to see whatz up. He tells her he forgot to pick up his $20 cashback from the slot. He claimed to have been there like 2 seconds ago. I know he was not, because the other lady with the bagels had been there. The cashier uses the terminal to look at the transaction previous to the bagel lady. There is no cashback on the receipt. Finally, the cashier finds the $20 for Dumbnutz in the lane next to mine. I am a little peeved, but he does apologize. I'm guessing he originally thought I was a thief. Oh, yeah, I've got your $20 right here, kid.

Fortunately, the cashier was nice, bagged my order, and told me she came over when she saw the look on my face, bless her heart.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

I scored some Pina Colada mix and Marquerita mix on clearance sale. I don't drink alcohol, but they both are good over shaved ice. Want some? A/C is cool.

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-17-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Grocery Intruders"
I'm bothered by creepy people who feel the need to bond with me while waiting on line at the grocery. There I was, standing by myself with my cart, and some strange dude felt the need to EDUCATE me.

First he rambled on about how the product scanners destroy nutrients in foods. I didn't know what to say. Then he eyed the contents of my cart and spotted a small bag of cat litter. He proceeded to tell me about the hazards of clay litter for cats, and then he spun off into instructing me not to disinfect a cat box with bleach because bleach is toxic to cats. At this point I became very frightened of Grocery Intruder. I replied, "The cat litter is just for an oil stain in the garage. But I love cats." Amazing how creepy, scary intruder people have the ability to make me sound like an idiot.

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-14-05, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rant with me. "
I hate traffic as well, but we haven't been doing much driving, seeing as we'd have to take a second mortgage just to afford the gas... and hubby has now been laid off for 5 weeks.

That leads me to my true rant. Like we weren't already broke enough- now DH gets laid off. He's being a real champ about it, doing lots of yardwork and playing alot of online (free) poker, and I've been getting some help- but the bills are atrocious. Also, does the hospital know exactly when DH gets laid off to send the bills for little sprout's C-section?

Also- I realized yesterday that my DH and I (both 1 pack/day smokers) spend over $240/mth on smokes. That is a ton of money for us to spend on anything, let alone on poisoning ourselves... (We only smoke outside- never around seedling or sprout)

We need to quit- for our kids, for our health, and for our budget. I hate quitting smoking (only quit for being preggers) because I LOVE smoking. I LOVE nicotine. I LOVE the instant release of whatever pleasure inducing substance my brain releases upon puffing.

ugh. I guess I'll go buy some nicorette and nicotine patches.

/enormously long rant.

Sigs by Bob! When the best isn't good enough!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rant with me. "

If you want to quit smoking, you could get lots of support here. You could start a thread about it and get lots of advice from those of us who have been there, done that. I liked smoking back 24 years ago, but I knew it was not good for my health. I started thinking of it as a childish habit, one that was an oral issue. It sounds like you are thinking of the chemical that makes you feel good. I used to think that cigarettes calmed me, but they are actually a stimulant. Did you know that they increase your heart rate?

Anyway, sorry about DH's job loss. {Hugs}

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

A/C is cool.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-05, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rant with me. "
Oh, I picked a great afternoon to peruse the off topic board. Cell phones drive me insane. I hate them, I hate everything they represent, and I will NEVER own one. No one will ever convince me that being that accessible is a good thing, nor will they convince me that they are “absolutely necessary in case of emergency.” Society lived just fine without them for years – and even in the case of an emergency, the people who needed to know there was something happening found out.

One of the reasons I am so against these things, is my profession. I teach in a public High School, where the kids seem to consider their phones either an extension of their limbs, or members of the family. EVERY new term, I explain that cell phones will not be allowed, and will be taken away if I see or hear them. EVERY term I get the standard “Columbine” excuse. EVERY term I tell them that unless I am being shot at, it better stay turned off and in their backpack.

Of course, I have many stories that would no doubt entertain and sicken you. Such as the kid who actually answered the phone, thinking I would not notice, even when 4 students around him were trying desperately to mime “she’s right behind you.” I had a lot of fun, taking that phone away, putting it to my ear and telling his girlfriend that she was NEVER to take time away from me to discuss their future – because without an education, he would HAVE no future. Or the time I took a phone away from a student who was talking to his PARENT in class. I very sweetly asked his mother if she would like me to tell her his GRADE while he had her on the phone. When she said yes, you can imagine how the failing student felt about me. Of course, one or two situations like this, and the phones never came out again.

Yes, the bozo in the car and on the phone is annoying, as are the idiots who decide to have their next relationship breakdown on the phone in the grocery store. But the student who thinks they can’t wait 50 friggin minutes till the next break between classes is the worst! lol

Do I really need to call
Ra from the car, to tell him that I am a block away? lol

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •