The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
This came in today on the canoe.ca site which in turn originally came from the TahitiPresse. As we've already seen from OFG's and heymikey's thresds, we have to take everything from TahitiPresse with a grain of salt as they've shown they are quite likely to be incorrect on some details. However, I've got a duty to pass on the news in the eventuality it does become accurate or might lead to a major spoiler!

Here's the link...
http://www.canoe.ca/JamSurvivorAfrica/jan9_surv-can.html

I've highlighted the Survivor 4 information in bold that may or may not turn out to be important for us spoilers once the show begins.

Casting call starts for 'Survivor 5'
By JOHN POWELL -- JAM! Showbiz

Yadda, yadda yadda....

...In other "Survivor" news, from the "Tahiti Presse" and other sources:

~ One of the "Survivor 4" challenges involves eating a native dish of raw fish marinated in seawater.

~ In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Teresa says that she was originally slated to be on "Survivor 2" but the producers thought she was too similar to Tina, so she was bumped to "Survivor: Africa".

~ The "Survivor 4" Tribal Council area resembles the "tropical" climate of Nuku Hiva. The roof is constructed out of palm leaves, and the site itself is surrounded by wall of volcanic rock.

~ The "Survivor 4" contestants had to deal with many painful insect bites.

~ Nine contestants were left when the "merger" occurred, and were taken by cruise ship to their new camp.

~ During one of the reward challenges, the winner got to have dinner with his or her parents.

~ The gossip mill has it that the final "Survivor 4" contestants to make it to the jury vote were a female and a male. Strangely, it is reported that 14 of the 16 eliminated contestants were permitted to participate in the jury vote. If true, it marks another major rule change.

What does all this mean? The last paragraph uses the words "The gossip mill" and "strangely, it is reported" but the other paragraphs doesn't use words like that, so does that mean we should take these as 'fact' it will happen and disregard the last paragraph? Interesting to see how it all unfolds...

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? Bebo 01-09-02 1
   RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? SurvivorBlows 01-09-02 2
 RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? MarquesanHunter 01-11-02 3
 RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? Krautboy 01-13-02 4
   RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? Loree 01-13-02 5
       RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? Krautboy 01-13-02 6
       RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? DarkLotus 01-14-02 8
           RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? Krautboy 01-14-02 10
               RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? DarkLotus 01-14-02 11
 RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? MDSkinner 01-13-02 7
 RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work? DarkLotus 01-14-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
>~ In an interview with Entertainment
>Weekly, Teresa says that she
>was originally slated to be
>on "Survivor 2" but the
>producers thought she was too
>similar to Tina, so she
>was bumped to "Survivor: Africa".

Wasn't Tina originally an alternate in S2? I thought I remembered hearing that she wasn't part of the original cast. If so, were there other alternates in that cast? If not, then we know this statement is not valid.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-02 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

>>~ In an interview with Entertainment
>>Weekly, Teresa says that she
>>was originally slated to be
>>on "Survivor 2" but the
>>producers thought she was too
>>similar to Tina, so she
>>was bumped to "Survivor: Africa".
>
>Wasn't Tina originally an alternate in
>S2? I thought I
>remembered hearing that she wasn't
>part of the original cast.
> If so, were there
>other alternates in that cast?
> If not, then we
>know this statement is not
>valid.

Ya, Canoe got this wrong. In the EW interview she says they originally told her there was no way they'd put her on S3 (she'd be in S4 instead) but then somehing happened and they changed their minds.

-SB

MarquesanHunter 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-11-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarquesanHunter Click to send private message to MarquesanHunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
The "Survivor 4" Tribal Council area resembles the "tropical" climate of Nuku Hiva. The roof is
constructed out of palm leaves, and the site itself is surrounded by wall of volcanic rock.

Maybe Tribal Council

MH

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-13-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
"~ The gossip mill has it that the final "Survivor 4" contestants to make it to the jury vote were a female and a male. Strangely, it is reported that 14 of the 16 eliminated contestants were permitted to participate in the jury vote. If true, it marks another major rule change."

Pepe: Could it be true? Perhaps because their is no African Safari or Australian continent for the early bootees to tour, rather than keeping then stuck on a cruise ship for a month they have all of the participants make up the Jury? Then they don't have to keep them sequestered from the jury either?

Or maybe not...I guess will find out soon enough.

Krautboy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
They could do this if each person voted off gets to view all the TC. At least they would know why each person was voted off before the merge. The jury members would get to meet the other tribe when they show up at TC to vote off their players. It would be a change. And they would have to be worried how the early people voted off view them instead of just making sure the people after the merge like them.

Plus it would be harder to guess how such a large group would vote. So MB would be more likely to have a surprise vote at the end.

01-13-02, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
The only problem would be if it ended in a 7-7 tie; MB would have to have some sort of tiebreaker ready for that possibility.

Krautboy

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-14-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
Seems darned silly to me. Would *you* want Carl or Linda casting the deciding vote between Ethan and Mamakim? Considering they never really met, all they have to go on is Brandon or Kelly's whining about how horrible everyone else was.

It's just begging for more "pick a number" questions or worse, "eenie meenie miney moe". I know if *I* were a contestant, I wouldn't want the final decision to come down to dumb luck like that.

01-14-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
DarkLotus: Welcome! It's nice to have another critical thinker posting here. I think you'll find your in good company...

I agree with you that having all the contestants voting, especially when some of them could have absolutely no contact other than Tribal Councils, doesn't seem to make any sense.

This is probably an example of the local press confusing the facts because of their unfamiliarity with the rules of the game. We will probably find ourselves sorting out the real spoilers from the confused details throughout S4.

Anyway, nice to have you with us.

Krautboy

01-14-02, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
Good to be with you all. I'm kind of new to the Survivor scene, having avoided the first two on general principle because everyone else was buzzing so hard about it. But I kinda got into S3, now that the buzz has died down a bit, and I'm looking forward to S4.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-13-02, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
~ Nine contestants were left when the "merger" occurred, and were taken by cruise ship to their new camp.

I found this line to be particularly interesting, especially with all of the talk of a possible late merge in this past season. Since obviously we usually have 10 contestants left, this could indeed cause some serious problems when it comes down to merger time. If both tribes are strong, the one with 5 members will roll right through once again, and not ever have to worry about a tie vote as we had to in the first two Survivors. It may mean nothing, but depending on how tight the tribes are this could be crucial to the game.

01-14-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Leaks or bad newspaper work?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-02 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

>
>~ Nine contestants were left when
>the "merger" occurred, and were
>taken by cruise ship to
>their new camp.
>

I'm wondering if there was an accident, or for some reason, between the pre-merge TC and the merge itself, someone had to leave the show, leaving us with the odd number of contestants.

By this, I mean something happening that night after TC or during the day before the merge. Kind of like Michael falling into the fire. The only difference being that since his happened right before a TC, they just cancelled that "week's" TC. In this case, there may still be a cancelled TC, meaning that if they make it to the merge, they make it to the jury.

This of course, assumes you dismiss the whole "14-person jury" rumor that's going around.

Boy, this spoiling thing is a lot harder than it looks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •