The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thursday March 1 Results show."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-07, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thursday March 1 Results show."
Please keep all discussion of who goes home and who is safe on this thread until the West Coast has a chance to recover from the revenge of the Pickler.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thursday March 1 Results show. dragonflies 03-01-07 1
 RE: Thursday March 1 Results show. CattyChat 03-01-07 2
 Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... CattyChat 03-01-07 3
   RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... CattyChat 03-01-07 4
       RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... KoalaChick 03-01-07 5
           RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... CattyChat 03-01-07 6
               RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... KoalaChick 03-01-07 7
                   RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... CattyChat 03-01-07 10
                       RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... zazzy 03-01-07 16
 America Got ONE Right So Far CattyChat 03-01-07 8
   RE: America Got ONE Right So Far KoalaChick 03-01-07 9
 RE: Thursday March 1 Results show. zazzy 03-01-07 11
   RE: Thursday March 1 Results show. zazzy 03-01-07 19
   RE: Thursday March 1 Results show. Snidget 03-01-07 31
 There's My Pickle CattyChat 03-01-07 12
   RE: There's My Pickle Coconut 03-01-07 13
       RE: There's My Pickle SeniorCitizen 03-01-07 38
           RE: There's My Pickle Wingbob 03-02-07 42
               RE: There's My Pickle dragonflies 03-02-07 44
   RE: There's My Pickle bystander 03-01-07 14
   RE: There's My Pickle tamarama 03-01-07 39
       RE: There's My Pickle CTgirl 03-02-07 41
   RE: There's My Pickle emydi 03-02-07 46
 RE: Kellie Pick Pickler singing "I ... zazzy 03-01-07 15
   RE: Kellie Pick Pickler singing "I ... CattyChat 03-01-07 17
 Way to Make it Obvious CattyChat 03-01-07 18
   RE: Way to Make it Obvious cahaya 03-01-07 22
   RE: Way to Make it Obvious agman 03-03-07 47
 RE: Next week... zazzy 03-01-07 20
   RE: Next week... CattyChat 03-01-07 23
   RE: Next week... agman 03-03-07 48
 No More Crying Head!! CattyChat 03-01-07 21
 Way to Keep it Real, Melinda! CattyChat 03-01-07 24
   RE: Leslie zazzy 03-01-07 27
   RE: Way to Keep it Real, Melinda! zazzy 03-01-07 28
 No real surprises cahaya 03-01-07 25
   RE: No real surprises geodiva 03-01-07 32
       RE: No real surprises cahaya 03-01-07 34
 Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, J... CattyChat 03-01-07 26
   RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... Snidget 03-01-07 29
       RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... CattyChat 03-01-07 35
           RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... Snidget 03-02-07 40
   RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... zazzy 03-01-07 30
   RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... cahaya 03-01-07 37
   RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove I... dkay1211 03-02-07 45
 What the heck was that? moonbaby 03-01-07 33
   RE: What the heck was that? iltarion 03-01-07 36
   RE: What the heck was that? Glow 03-02-07 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thursday March 1 Results show."
Nice 6900 post Snidget.

I can't believe the Pickler is back for more. Anyone bring the calamari?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-07, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thursday March 1 Results show."
Last week & tonight, the group number has been pretty good. This season's contestants harmonize the best together than I remember any other seasons. (I assume they have Antonella & Alaina's mics turned off, though )

03-01-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Nick is gone. I'm bummed.

03-01-07, 08:10 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Nick is gone. I'm bummed. At least all the judges gave him props for his talent & voice. Simon says "lack of charisma" I say it's typical idgits who vote to keep the worst in the comp.

At least we get a little more "Fever"

ETA: I meant to edit my original post, but clicked on the wrong command. Oops!

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-01-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Rumor has it that Brandon is the other guy bootee.

03-01-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
As soon as Jared was told he was safe, I knew Nick was toast. Seriously, how did Jared survive another week???

I really like Brandon, too, but he hasn't done much the last 2 weeks.

Should have been Sundance and Jared.

03-01-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Yeah, I'm totally over Sundance, have been since the second time I saw him. Yet, the judges seem to keep pimping him. He.must.go.

03-01-07, 08:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
I just don't get their pimping. Did you notice how much the cameras were showing "The Head" all weepy listening to Alaina's goodbye performance? They want Sundance for some reason.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
IMO they 'want' Sundance so Melinda/Lakisha can easily beat him in the finals. They may be kind now but the knives are being sharpened for later.

03-01-07, 08:20 PM (EST)
8. "America Got ONE Right So Far"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Alaina is going home. She was not good enough for this competition, but at least she's a nice & cute girl.

ETA: So hard to watch someone try to perform through the tears. Makes me kinda sad.

03-01-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: America Got ONE Right So Far"
It was a mercy killing. She was going to go sooner or later. Just rip the bandaid off.

03-01-07, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thursday March 1 Results show."
So far the bootees have not matched DialIdol. Did text messages make that much difference? (cough. cough)

------

BTW--

I've been lurking this season because no one lights my fire yet.

Wondering who Geekboy has chosen because hasn't he picked the winner several seasons in a row?

03-01-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Thursday March 1 Results show."
Looked at DialIdol again...and duh, Nick was in the bottom but now we know about AJ leaving and he was right there behind Sanjaya and they booted him. Wonder if it is to let Chris R get some more votes...and Brandon was definitely saved this week.

Whatever. You can tell who they want in the top ten already anyway.

03-01-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Thursday March 1 Results show."
*putting on the science geek sadistics statistics hat*

One thing to look at is those rankings where the bottom several people are all 3-10.

I think all of the people booted are in that.

They give the margins of error for the people and with this many people the margin of error for the bottom half of the list is broad enough that there really isn't any difference between the person that is 10th on the list and the one that is 5th or 6th on the list.

*takes of geeky sadistics hat*

I did use the as the voting was going to makes sure someone I want to stay on who was in that bottom group got a lot of my votes.

03-01-07, 08:31 PM (EST)
12. "There's My Pickle"
I still think she's adorable. Glad she's having some success. Some serious cleavage going on -- yowza -- she's showing her "grown up" side, I suppose.

If any of you listened to her song (Emy, Bravie, Glowie), did you like it even a tiny bit? I think she sounds good doing her country twangy thing.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: There's My Pickle"
I think she looks like she's forty years old from the neck up. Shiny eye-shadow is not a good look for people with close-set eyes.

Smokin' body in that dress, though, even though her stupid scripted 'spider sushi' bit makes me want to stab her with chopsticks.

Arkie butters my popcorn.

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeniorCitizen Click to send private message to SeniorCitizen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: There's My Pickle"
I read through this whole thread and nobody mentioned that Pickler was channeling Anna Nicole. She'll go far, and singing doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. Wonder if pics on the internet will determine who wins this year? Could be.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: There's My Pickle"
>I read through this whole thread
>and nobody mentioned that Pickler
>was channeling Anna Nicole.
>She'll go far, and singing
>doesn't have a whole lot
>to do with it.
>Wonder if pics on the
>internet will determine who wins
>this year? Could be.
>

It seems like she was channeling Tammy Wynette. In fact I said that very thing to my wife when she was singing.

Has she had...er..."augmentations"?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: There's My Pickle"
How did you notice?

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-01-07, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: There's My Pickle"
I thought the song was kinda boring and I'm a country fan. She should have sung her upbeat red high heels song.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-01-07, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: There's My Pickle"
>>Some serious cleavage going on -- yowza<<

I think the pickle upgraded her gherkins.

(they looked pretty phony to me)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: There's My Pickle"
My DH, who was a Pickler fan last year, thought she looked "awful, old and like Zsa Zsa Gabor!" I thought she upgraded a bit too much!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: There's My Pickle"
It wasn't horrible...but she looked old....with a boob job and put on some lbs from all the spider sushi...e gawd...they continue to pimp her as the idiot cow poke UGH even after a year

03-01-07, 08:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kellie Pick Pickler singing "I wonder""
Nice to see Kellie...liked it when she sang this on the View a few weeks ago better--she was more emotional then. Good for her for singing a song she cowrote and for outselling Kat by about 2-1 so far.

03-01-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kellie Pick Pickler singing "I wonder""
That was the first time she performed the song in public, so she obviously has worked through the emotional stuff with it in the meantime. Her performance on The View made my eyes mist up a bit.

03-01-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
18. "Way to Make it Obvious"
Gee, between Sanjaya & A.J., I'm sure we're all on the edge of our seats waiting to see that A.J. is being cut.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Way to Make it Obvious"
It's so obvious who is the better of the two, yet we know who's going home.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-07, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Way to Make it Obvious"
that's why I think this is not really a singing competition, The judges always say it's about the singing, then good singers seem to get "voted" off while less "gifted" singers(if you will pardon the expression) get to stay. I agree with Cattychat

03-01-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Next week..."
Anyone want to take a stab at who will be booted next week?

Should go: Barba and Sanjaya for starters....

03-01-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Next week..."
I bet we lose one of the big voices next week . . . either Sabrina or Stephanie, possibly Jordin.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Next week..."
I agree barba and sanjay should go, but I really doubt either will go. This season has been so strange that I have no clue who will be voted off.

03-01-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
21. "No More Crying Head!!"
I can't take it anymore. I don't want to see it. It's a shame, he seems like a nice guy, but I am so annoyed at him for not being voted off and better singers getting the boot.

Next up, I direct my anger at AntHOnella, who will also NOT be voted out tonight.

03-01-07, 08:48 PM (EST)
24. "Way to Keep it Real, Melinda!"
The shot of Melinda after AntHonella was told she was safe, was priceless. It has to tick off the talented singers when people like AntHonella continue to sail through.

03-01-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Leslie"
Leslie seems like she would make a good front singer for a band rather than a solo artist.

Leslie, it is the year of the diva...not your year.

03-01-07, 08:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Way to Keep it Real, Melinda!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

ITA. Good one, Cathy.

I did not like the way Simon was shown ignoring Kellie P. singing. I'll have to remember that whenever Tay shows up on the show again(that Simon does it to others, too). I bet if it were Chris or Kat Simon would have been more attentive.

03-01-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "No real surprises"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

The four who were voted out didn't stand out, although there were worse who got more votes. While the panel might not agree with the voters on who should have been booted, whoever becomes the AI has to be able to win over the audience.

geodiva 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geodiva Click to send private message to geodiva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: No real surprises"
Hi, just got home, what four voted off?

03-01-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: No real surprises"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-07 AT 10:38 PM (EST)

Bootees tonight were Nick, Alaina, AJ, and Leslie.

I'm glad Brandon was spared, but I thought AJ deserved at least another week.

ed. add: Oh, and hey, I forgot... welcome to these boards! I just noticed that was your first post.

03-01-07, 08:51 PM (EST)
26. "Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
I'm so sick of the "you have to vote for your favorites" carp, blaming normal people for who stays & who goes. They know that the people who are going out & buying CDs and concert tickets don't have time to dial numbers for 2 hours straight trying to save talented people each week.

Every year the same stuff happens & they love it. If they wanted this to be based on "talent" they would change the voting process.

03-01-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
they are addicted to the super high vote totals, they won't change the system.

Nothing keeps normal people who vote for who they really like from downloading dialidol and letting it autovote for 2 hours.

03-01-07, 09:36 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
Did you download the software? I wondered if anyone here has done that & whether/how it works.

03-02-07, 06:24 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-07 AT 06:35 AM (EST)

I did and it does. I have DSL for the computer connection to the internet (so it records what the votes did for the total) and I have a modem that I hook to a phone line (so it can dial out).

It seemed to work pretty well.

ETA:

There are 3 modes.

1) Pick as many idols as you want and have it call for them evenly.

2) Keep the idols you select safe. So it votes more often for someone who is in danger and doesn't vote much for ones who are safe.

3) Make a number of idols unsafe, so then it votes for the idols that are in danger that are someone other than who you want to boot off.

You can set it to automatically start when the phone lines open and shut off when your 2 hours are up.

I spend some time in each of the three modes, but mosly in keep these people safe mode with 6 of the idols selected.

It keeps track of the stats for you.

Here are mine

Idol..................Busy......Vote.......Error.....Total
Antonella Barba........0..........0..........0..........0
Gina Glocksen..........4........213..........1........218
Haley Scarnato.........0..........0..........0..........0
Jordin Sparks..........3..........8..........0.........11
Lakisha Jones..........6..........5..........0.........11
Leslie Hunt............0.........16..........0.........16
Melinda Doolittle......7..........4..........0.........11
Sabrina Sloan..........2..........9..........0.........11
Stephanie Edwards......3..........8..........0.........11

03-01-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
Going on record now that I think the tour won't do as well as the season 5 tour and I wonder if the season six top ten will cumulatively sell as many albums as season fivers top ten have sold in their debuts.

03-01-07, 10:46 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
Every year the same stuff happens & they love it. If they wanted this to be based on "talent" they would change the voting process.

Well, by definition, an Idol commands the largest audience and fan following.

So, this isn't a voting contest to see who wins as best singer - it's a singing contest to see who wins the most votes.

That's assuming the voting system isn't subject to abuse, which is theoretically possible (e.g., through repetitive vote autodialing which displaces typical household phone dialers).

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Take your "Lecture" and Shove It, Judges!"
I get tired of the lectures too. I know at this point, it is America voting. But, if the judges don't want this kind of thing to happen, they shouldn't put these half arse singers into the top 24 to begin with!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "What the heck was that?"
I only caught the last half hour. Grr! This is why I don't usually watch the results shows. I get all outraged.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-01-07, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: What the heck was that?"
If AJ, who is clearly one of the better male singers can be sent home already, then so can one of the better female singers, such as Lakisha or Melinda. This is clearly not just about singing, which would also explain how Taylor Hicks won this competition over Chris and Kat. If you fanatically follow this show, then I don't see any point in complaining about the voting process. It is what it is, and everyone knows how it works by now. Nick going home is the one boot I agree with. Brandon should have went though. Can't argue with Alaina and Leslie going home, though I wish they could have stuck around longer.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: What the heck was that?"
yeah. wow. My husband shoots on a pool league on Thursday nights so we can't watch the results show. Last week I had to record it on my computer (had to record Survivor and Earl/Office on the DVR) and we never watched it. This week the only reason I'll watch, I guess, is to hear Nick sing "Fever" again. I would have been much more upset about it if I watched before I knew.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •