The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-05 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

with restrictions but he is saying that if there are embryo that are just going to be destroyed that we should use them now. This is a big major change in his position in the past and maybe the stone that breaks the dam and it will get enough votes to over ride W’s veto. I wonder what W is thinking about Frist and where his loyalties are now? Or is this just another move to move a little to the center to make him a little better candidate for Pres in 2008?

Sen. Bill Frist (R., Tenn.) coming out for federal funding of embryonic-stem-cell research (ESCR), "with limits"

Time's person of the week

sig by Cygnus X1 and bouncy by IceCat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... J Slice 07-29-05 1
 RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... PagongRatEater 07-29-05 2
   RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... J Slice 07-29-05 3
       RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... AugustGirl 07-29-05 4
       RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... PagongRatEater 07-29-05 5
           RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... KeithFan 07-30-05 12
   RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... HobbsofMI 07-29-05 6
       RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... PagongRatEater 07-29-05 7
           RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... HobbsofMI 07-29-05 8
   RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... cahaya 07-29-05 10
       RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... PagongRatEater 07-29-05 11
   RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... KeithFan 07-30-05 13
 RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now...... geg6 07-29-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Muahahahahahaha....

It begins....

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Frist always was for Stem Cell research and had never, as best I know, retracted his position. Rather he was unwilling to go to war with the administration in the past and hid his position behind rhetoric about it being a difficult and complex decision.

I think that most thoughtful conservatives, even strongly pro-life ones like myself, are at least a little comflicted about whether or not promoting the exploitation of unborn children is worse than at least getting some utilization out of these embryoes that are going to be 'thrown away'.

I don't see this hurting him with the conservative base, but it could help paint a more centrist picture of him. Personally, I don't have a good feel for him right now. Politically, I would love to see Jeb get the nomination, but I'm really not into the whole dynasty thing. There is no one right now with great conservative credentials and the name recognition/charisma that is in the potential running right now. I just might have to support McCain.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
I refuse to live under the power of a president named "Jeb"

The world was moving/she was right there with it/ and she was

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
And I refused to live under the power of a governor named "Jeb", so I moved.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

07-29-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
But you could deal with D!ck?

Interestingly, Helen Thomas claims that if Cheney DOES run she'll 'kill herself'.

Run D!ck, run!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Funny, I thought she was already.

"To educate a man in mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society." -- Theodore Roosevelt

07-29-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-05 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

Not embryonic stem cell research:

Frist knocks Edwards over stem cell comment

July 18, 2001: Senator Bill Frist, speaking on the Senate floor:

"There are basically 10 points I think we must consider, and I have proposed an answer. Again, I don't know the answer, and I struggle, like every person, on this particular issue to make sure we have the appropriate moral considerations. But I will outline what my 10 points are. ...

No. 5, provide funding for embryonic stem cell research only from blastocysts that would otherwise be discarded. We need to allow Federal funding for research using only those embryonic stem cells derived from blastocysts that are left over after in vitro fertilization and would otherwise be discarded."

Here are the PDFs of the two pages from the Congressional Record containing this speech first, second. The full text of the press release is available here, on the webpage run by Tennessee Right to Life, which was rather unhappy with the position Frist took. More here, on the page of the Republican National Coalition for Life, which headlines "Senator Frist Endorses Killing Human Embryos."

Senator Frist, I would suggest you read H.R. 810 and its Senate companion, S. 471 <PDF here>. It includes the qualification "Prior to the consideration of embryo donation and through consultation with the individuals seeking fertility treatment, it was determined that the embryos would never be implanted in a woman and would otherwise be discarded."

More from the same blogger:

http://chargingrino.blogspot.com/2005/05/frist-press-release-mysteriously.html

It seems to me the Mr. Frist has been back and forth due to the pressure of his conservitie base. So will he do like he did in the past and pull back again once the pressure is on him again?

Edit links

07-29-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
But keep in mind, he is on record as saying he supports ECR with restrictions...and these restrictions are yet to be made clear. Frists criticisms on Edwards were aimed at the shameful way the Kerry campaign tried to score political points off Chris Reeves' death and create a false hope for people with similar afflictions that ECR would produce any kind of positive result beyond what adult lines have produced.

IMO the government should stay out of the business of curing diseases anyway.

07-29-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
The way I read it is he's on the record and then pulls back but not to say he's on with Bush only. He's always leaves the door open so he can flip or flop the right way to get the votes he need for his Pres run in 2008.

He did blister Kerry/Edwards on Reeves's death but he said he would not open the doors for my ECR reseach. Now it sounds to me that he is opening that door and not forcing people to give them up for adoption first like Bush wants.

One of goverments biggest funtions is for the health and welfare of the people so we'll agree to disagree there like we have in the past.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Politically, I would love to see Jeb get the nomination, but I'm really not into the whole dynasty thing.

Something strikes me wrong about the American political system when the electorate decides that one father and two of his sons are the best qualified people to lead this country within a span of two decades.

Further, it seems to me that it would be ample evidence that it is not the person who we are voting for, but the political machinery and kingmakers behind them.

"Timeless at lightspeed"

07-29-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
But I'm not part of the political machine, I just think Jeb is ideologically closest to what I would like in a candidate who can also be a viable candidate. From my perspective, if he WEREN'T the President's brother he would easily be the frontrunner.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
I just might have to support McCain

I could live with McCain, but it sure would be interesting to see which direction he would govern as opposed to taking the contrary postion of the party to get his mug on tv. I don't think he can get the nomination though. The Republican party has never really liked running the 'mavrick' of the bunch- when was the last 'mavrick Republican' to run for President? Wendell Willkie?

I thought you may support that "other governor" from Arkansas?

"To educate a man in mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society." -- Theodore Roosevelt

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bill Frist for Stem Cell now....."
Bill Frist is a pandering ninny. Who needs pandered to this week? That's where he stands. Does someone with the opposite view need pandering to the next week? That's where he'll stand. I'll tell you, if he's this stupid a politician, he must not have been/be much of an MD. Of course, we're talking about a guy who is willing to make medical diagnoses based on edited videotape. And then deny he ever did any such thing. And continue to deny it even when the videotape evidence of his speech is played back. I wouldn't go to the man for a hangnail.

*vomits at the thought of such a slimy creature ever having the power of life and death over anyone*

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •