The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-22-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
One word - WOW. What a difference a day makes.

Those boys better pick up the slack on Tuesday.

This night was a mixed bag, which is what we like to see on Idol. Here are my thoughts.

On Top Of The Top Tier
----------------------
Lakisha - Holy Crap. That was unbelievable. To be able to pull that off, on your first "live" performance night, in 90 seconds is amazing. I knew she was good, but she even blew me away. The guts she has to do Jennifer Holliday for the top 24. Bravo.

Top Tier
----------
Melinda - I just love this girl. She made me very happy. Paula was right - shes a definate contender.

Sabrina - A surprise for me, but well done. Perhaps a bit overdramatic?

Stephanie - Another pleasant surprise, and a great start ot the show. Excellent performance.

Gina - Excellent.

Mid Tier
---------
Jordin - something about this girl bothers me, in teh same way Paris bothered me last season. She needs to be more of a 17 year old. Too much makeup, wrong clothes. Not a favorite of mine.

Leslie - I love her voice, but the performance was missing something.

Haley - OK, not great.

Bottom Tier
------------
Antonella - you need to go. Shouldn't have come to the top 24.

Amy - did not like it at all.

Nicole - Dittos.

Alaina - Dittos to the dittos.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls brvnkrz 02-22-07 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-22-07 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls nailbone 02-22-07 7
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-22-07 10
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls CattyChat 02-23-07 28
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls xwraith27 02-22-07 3
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls geekboy 02-22-07 4
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-22-07 5
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls geekboy 02-22-07 6
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls xwraith27 02-22-07 12
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls CattyChat 02-23-07 29
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls fizzy 02-22-07 14
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls xwraith27 02-22-07 15
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls SilverStar 02-22-07 8
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Glow 02-22-07 9
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls geekboy 02-22-07 11
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls emydi 02-22-07 13
           RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls geekboy 02-22-07 16
               RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Glow 02-22-07 22
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls CattyChat 02-23-07 30
       RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Glow 02-23-07 31
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls buckeyegirl 02-22-07 17
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls JessicaRN 02-22-07 18
   RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls mrc 02-22-07 23
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls BriarRosie 02-22-07 19
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls cahaya 02-22-07 20
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls TxMom2011 02-22-07 21
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls frisky 02-22-07 24
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls Tahj 02-22-07 25
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls bigboy 02-22-07 26
 RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls CattyChat 02-23-07 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Lakisha-hands down the best AI performance EVER.
2. Melinda-love this girl and how humble she is.
3. Jordin-Something about this girl, I like.
4. Sabrina
5. Stephanie
6. Leslie
7. Gina
8. Amy
9. Haley
10. Nicole
11. Alaina
12. Antonella.

for me, everybody after Stephanie could be interchangeable and most were foregettable for me. Except for Antonella, I remember how bad she was.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. Lakisha--THE BEST FIRST PERFORMANCE EVAH...and I'd put it in top tier of all performances....w/ Bo's Aculpolco song a few years back

2. Melinda-her humility is so refreshing

3. Stephanie Edwards--I knew I liked her for some reason...she can sing!

4. Jordan Sparks--I like her. Pick a better song next time tho!

5. Gina Gl--I like her spunk, I hate this song; reminds me of Kimberly Caldwell

6. Sabrina Sloan-- screamed a bit, I'm not sure if she'll make it to finals she's on the bubble..

7. Haley Scar...meh, I finally remembered her...she's the BACK!

8. Alayna--I thought others were worse but this wasn't good

9. Leslie Hunt-nothing special even more

10. Amy Krebs-again even more not special

11. Nicole Tr...Simon was spot on accurate...I HATED THIS PERFORMANCE

12. Antonella--she will be around bc of VFTW and her oobies...but she shouldn't be here in the first place (only here bc of her oobies et al) so AI deserves that she goes farther than she should!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
7. Haley Scar...meh, I finally remembered her...she's the BACK!

???????

02-22-07, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
the girl who auditioned in the backless number!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Aha! See, now I remember the backless number, but not the girl at all. Good job, Emy.

One nation, under Romber...

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"

1. Lakisha Jones "And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going)" - Superb vocals, but choreography was a bit over-the-top. One complaint that's a huge turn-off for me: Lakisha's got super-ugly armpits

2. Melinda Doolittle "Since You've Been Gone" - Someone said she reminded him/her of Jekyll and Hyde. I kinda disagree. I thought it was more of a Superman transformation: one side of her says she's not harmless, the other side is just the most powerful thing you'll be able to see. We just need to figure out what her kryponite is.

3. Stephanie Edwards "How Come You Don't Call Me" - Couple of bum notes, but an extremely memorable first performance.

4. Jordin Sparks "Give Me One Reason" - Thought she did most everything right: good song, good vocals, and good performance

5. Sabrina Sloan "I Never Loved A Man" - She kinda looks like Mya... Anyway, I love the bluesy vibe to her voice, but she screams a lot while she sings.

6. Gina Glocksen "All By Myself" - She's obviously very talented, and the song choice was surprising, but I don't think it highlighted her personality.

7. Haley Scarnato "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" - The weird thing is that once she hit the chorus, I immediately imagined a Disney princess singing the song. Her voice might just be "too pretty" for me. Plus, she was smiling while she sang a sad power ballad.

8. Leslie Hunt "Natural Woman" - Not sure if I liked it or not because I don't like her voice.

9. Amy Krebs "I Can't Make You Love Me" - She just changed the song too much with all the runs. And she was out of tune in a lot of places

10. Nicole Tranquillo "Stay" - Too shrieky for my taste.

11. Antonella Barba "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" - Blew the chorus, plus the arrangement and the runs made it seem like several versions of the same song pieced together

12. Alaina Alexander "Brass In Pocket" - Really bad all throughout.

02-22-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Its a singing competition, not an armpit beauty contest.

02-22-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
but but how is Antonella supposed to compete then

02-22-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
BINGO!!!

That is why she needs to go now.

geekboy

02-22-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
True, but I'm just saying. I listed her on top anyway.

02-23-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I got a little uncomfortable when she put her hand in her crotch, too. Luckily, she must have realized where it was and she took it back out quickly.

fizzy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fizzy Click to send private message to fizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"

once she hit the chorus, I immediately imagined a Disney
princess singing the song.

That's just what I said when I heard her! I could see her being Belle in a Beauty and The Beast performance at Disney World.

02-22-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Belle in a Beauty and The Beast performance

And Belle was exactly the Disney princess I was thinking of. It's the smooth, pleasant sounding voice with a vibrato at the end of each vowel-ending line.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
1. LaKisha-- No explanation needed.
2. Sabrina-- I was very impressed with her.
3. Melinda-- She is so cute and shy, and then she comes out on stage and belts it out! Love her.
4. Stephanie-- Great opener to the show.

-small gap-

5. Gina-- she had trouble with a few notes, but overall I thought it was good.

-gap-

6. Jordin-- pretty good, I just felt like it was missing something.
7. Haley-- Boring for the most part, but she's got a good voice.
8. Amy-- See comments for Haley.

-gap-

9. Alaina-- Not good.
10. Leslie-- I do not like this girl. She is creepy to me for some reason, and I didn't like the song either.
11. Nicole-- I really hated this.
12. Antonella-- I never understood what pitchy meant until I heard her sing this. Awful, terrible, horrible.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I should not have watched Friday Night Lights first. That show is so gorgeous and perfect. I recognize that the girls were a hundred times better than the boys but after FNL, I just didn't really care. Next week, I'll wait to watch FNL after AI.

Here we go:
Lakisha
Melinda
Gina
Sabrina
Stephanie
Nicole - there's something about her that I really like so that means she's probably doomed.
Jordin - there's something about her that I really don't like so that means she'll probably be around a while.
Amy
Leslie
Haley
Alaina
Antonella

02-22-07, 11:07 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
(* HUGS *)

I said: "Jordin - something about this girl bothers me"
Glow said: "Jordin - there's something about her that I really don't like"

geekboy

02-22-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
you two need to get AI married

02-22-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
SHHHHHHHHHHH!!

My wife might hear.

geekboy

02-22-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
She can hang out with my husband and make fun of us.

02-23-07, 03:22 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Nicole - there's something about her that I really like so
that means she's probably doomed.

There's my Glowie. I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes this girl can SING!!! Last night was a total bummer when she got the boot.

02-23-07, 03:30 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
oh how I just love you

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

Totally wowed me:

1.Lakisha-hands down the best of the 24. Amazing!!

2.Melinda-This girl can sing!! She's also very sweet and nice.

3.Sabrina-Not in the same class as the other two, but she surprised me because I didn't remember her at all from the prior weeks.

4.Gina-I don't know why, but I like her

5. Jordin- She sure does have a big voice for being so young. I like her personality.

Who are they again?

6. Haley
7. Stephanie
8. Leslie

Ugh, How did they make it past group week group.

9. Nicole
10. Amy
11. Alaina I really don't like her, which means she'll make to the top 12.
12. Antonella-Should not even be here at all.

Going home: Amy (Because like Simon said, I totally forgot about her performance when they recapped it) and Antonella

Even the girls who couldn't sing last night, were still a hundred times better then most of the boys Tuesday night. That was so painful to watch.

edited for font issues

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Not to mimic Simon, but I watched it last night and as I sit here reading all of your lists today, I can't remember about half of these women. Of course, I only remember about 1/4 of the men, so the women were definitely better.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
What BEG said. My rankings were the same.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-22-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I am happy with most of the assessments here, so I won't add my own. I just wanted to say how weird it was that I thought Simon's comments were spot on to what I was thinking.

As to the "Disney" voice comment, I thought to myself, "I'm waiting for Simon to call her out as being 'cabaret'." The comment that she could work in a nice hotel, well...that's cabaret, right?

The good news is that LaKisha's line was busy most of the time I would happen to try it, but I managed to get through a bunch on Melinda's line. Whew.

And even though the boys did pretty mediocre this week, nobody could butcher a song quite like Antonella. Dogs were howling, that's how bad she was.

Lori

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I posted some of this in the East Coast thread, but it belongs here. Why is this so much easier with the gals than the guys? They're a whole level better, that's why.

Idols

1. Melinda: It's easy to see why Randy, Paula and Simon all like her so much. I do, too!

2. Lakisha: Dayyum, she can really, really belt out a song with "the right note". I didn't care much for some of the moves, but wow, what a voice.

3. Stephanie: Ooo wee, love the song, really like her rendition of it. Thumbs up, perfect song to start with.

Contenders

4. Jordan: Pretty good, nice finish, caught on towards the end. An obviously talented contender.

5. Gina: I liked it. Good finish with the right song to suit her. She's going to have a more limited selection of songs to choose from than some of the other contestants. Good chance to make the final several.

6. Sabrina: Quite a contrast - much bolder and more lively. Well done although I found some of the facial expressions a bit overdone. An Idol contender.

Hanging in there

7. Leslie: She'll make it this time, and should heed the advice on song selection.

8. Nicole: Bold, refreshing, a bit daring, but a bit stiff rather than indulgent. Maybe she was trying the kind of thing that the panel and voters are looking for, but she didn't pull it off very well.

9. Haley: This song just didn't do it for me, but I can tell that she can do better.

10. Amy: The performance wasn't memorable, although it was Ok. If she doesn't pick a song that better suits her, she'll disappear.

Pretenders

11. Antonella: Not good technically. Has the looks of an Idol, but the voice? Not likely.

12. Alaina: Nuh uh, I don't see the potential for her to improve either.

Wayang Kulit puppet show by Tribe.

At this point, I could almost care less about the guys.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-07 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

GREAT

LAKISHA - She did a great job, but I think she may be a little too limited in style. I liked her performance alot, but I think she may fizzle later on in different genres.

VERY GOOD

MELINDA - She will continue to perform well in weeks to come

STEPHANIE - I loved that Jazzy vibe

SABRINA - A little over the top but I liked her

VERY BAD

ALAINA - not a good song to show off your voice
ANTONELLA - AWFUL! But there is always at least one contestant who stays week after week even though they suck.

LESLIE - my choice to send home. She sang terribly and was hard to watch

NICOLE - she will take the spot on the homeward bound train that should be going to Antonella

THE REST WERE JUST MEH

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
It was a long, long night of hunting, folks, but I did it.

BUSHELS of dead birds to:
Lakisha
Melinda

A not-too-shaby five dead birds to:
Jordin
Sabrina
Stephanie

Bloody feathers and skeletal remains shall be thrown upon:
Leslie
Gina
Amy
Haley
Alaina

Mangled feet:
Nicole
Antonella

Rolly made this.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-07, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
I have to say that so far I find this season disappointing. There were several contestants not chosen this year who really should have been over most of these bores--men and women included.

There were a FEW, very few women I liked last night. IMO the judges leaned extra heavy on the Mariah Carey clones this year. Seriously, that thought kept coming up with a lot of these girls, and poor imitations at that. I can only hope it gets better.

Moves courtesy of Syren

bigboy 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-07, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigboy Click to send private message to bigboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
Geekboy, I think you and I think alike!

02-23-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Rankings - Top 12 Girls"
The girls (minus just a couple exceptions) probably had the best "Top 12" performance night ever. I don't remember there ever being so many great performances the first week. I'm impressed.

SHOWSTOPPERS
1. Lakisha ~~~ WOW, WOW & WOW!!! How does she top that performance??

2. Melinda ~~~ She is fantastic!!!

3. Sabrina ~~~ Where did she come from? Her performance was stellar. Unfortunately, the curse of the editing will keep her out of a very much deserved final 12 spot.

SERIOUS TALENT
4. Jordin ~~~ Love this girl. All the talent of Paris, but without the annoying personality & big ego.

5. Stephanie ~~~ She started the night with a bang. It's a shame, but I think she is going to be lost this season with Lakisha, Melinda & Jordin. She deserves to be in the final 12, but no real airtime will take her out.

6. Nicole ~~~ I guess she's too white to sing such an "urban" song & I agree it didn't really fit her "looks," but she has great vocal range, control & tone. She can really sing and it's a shame tone-deaf America would prefer to listen to the likes of Antonella & Alaina over people who can sing. She didn't get any real air time (curse of edit) so no one remembered her great audition & how great she sounded on the tiny snippet of her during Hollywood week. She's a local gal, so I took the time to find out more about her and listen to what she can do. Paula was actually right for a change.

WHATEVER
7. Leslie
8. Gina
9. Amy
10. Haley

WHY MUST WE SUFFER????
11. Alaina
12. Antonella
- Neither should even be in the Top 24 and this is why the judges SHOULD NOT choose style over substance. Just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they should open their mouths. Some people are meant to be seen and not heard. Antonella should be escorted straight back to "Girls Gone Wild" and Alaina should maybe check out "America's Next Top Model"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •