The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""BLEEPING""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""BLEEPING""
I for one am tired of all the air time being given to those who think their foul language is something we all want to hear - or hear them get bleeped out.

I'm not really a prude - well, maybe I am, but..........
I just don't think those with the foul mouths should get ANY air time. It's not funny; it's not entertaining. It shows a very poor level of America's moral fiber that so many appear to use this language so freely.
I made a comment to my DH that their mothers were probably ashamed of them; he said they probably learned that from their mothers and that many of their mothers were right there with them mouthing off as well.
To me it's embarrassing to see on national TV.

One more point,
since they apparently have booted a guy off the show for an old drug rap, was this done because they want to set a good example to youngsters? that an American Idol should not have a drug arrest in his past?
OK, so WHY don't they want to set the same example to youngsters about the MORALS they require of contestants on the program which includes prohibiting offensive language????

~~~~ ok, rant over~~~~
going to find AI web page and email them how I feel too!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "BLEEPING" Sues 02-08-07 1
   RE: "BLEEPING" jbug 02-08-07 2
       RE: "BLEEPING" bob_chester 02-08-07 3
 RE: "BLEEPING" susang 02-09-07 4
 RE: "BLEEPING" EMTBGRL 02-09-07 5
   RE: "BLEEPING" Brtndr98 02-11-07 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "BLEEPING""
no shi#!

sorry, couldn't resist.....

I do believe however that those 'bleeping' contestants do not, in fact, make the cut...

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-07, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "BLEEPING""
>no shi#!
>
>sorry, couldn't resist.....
>
>I do believe however that those
>'bleeping' contestants do not, in
>fact, make the cut...

LOL (real funny guy <g>!!)
Yes I realize they don't make it and are cursing BECAUSE of that, but I still wish all contestants would be told BEFORE they are filmed that ANY foul language will mean they will NOT get their little minute of fame on the air.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "BLEEPING""
I don't bleeping care.
There is not that much on the show. I see a lot worse on tv, No sense getting bleeping anal about it.

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "BLEEPING""
I agree re: the foul language. Contestants need to be realistic about their chances, as so few go on to the next round.

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-09-07, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "BLEEPING""
>To me it's embarrassing to see
>on national TV.

Yep. and it's absolutely cringe-worthy IRL. (but now more culturally the norm.) The "pop"-culture of today is being relective in the @#$#@!! obsentities, I'm afraid.

Here's the question: Is TV a reflection of "us," (contemporary American culture) or do we affect TV?

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "BLEEPING""
>>To me it's embarrassing to see
>>on national TV.
>
>Yep. and it's absolutely cringe-worthy IRL.
>(but now more culturally the
>norm.) The "pop"-culture of today
>is being relective in the
>@#$#@!! obsentities, I'm afraid.
>
>Here's the question: Is TV a
>reflection of "us," (contemporary American
>culture) or do we affect
>TV?

Well, it is a reality TV show. So in this case I would say that we effect the show. However, I believe that the abuse of obsenities is something that is learned and encouraged at home or in the schools. Art such as movies and some television shows, merely reflect the attitudes and behavior of its audience.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •