The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Code of Honor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-09-02, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Code of Honor"
One thing I haven't yet seen discussed here is of the close up of Lex's canteen from the last episode. While Ethan and Tom were talking about alliances and voting out Lex, the camera panned in on Lex's canteen. Written on the side was "Code of Honor" and underneath, it said "Lex". I wouldn't think much of it, but the camera zoomed in on it THREE times. What do you all think this means?

Of course, it could be referring to last episode, and the choice Tom and Ethan (thought) they had to vote out Lex. This conversation took place before Lex won immunity; when voting him off was still an option. It turned out to be a red herring. Nobody voted Lex out.

It could also be foreshadowing of the fianl four and whose "code of honor" is upheld. Who does he have a truce with that we know of? Tom fer sure. They swore on their sons. It could be both Tom and Ethan.

I loosely interpret this as a signal that the L/E/T alliance holds, and Mamma Kim takes her "logical" place as fourth place loser.

I sure wish someone had a vid cap of that close up on the "Code of Honor" shot. Anyone want to give it a try? It's during the conversation between Tom and Ethan where they're laying on the ground talking about voting Lex out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Code of Honor weltek 01-09-02 1
 RE: Code of Honor Swami 01-09-02 2
   RE: Code of Honor weltek 01-09-02 3
 RE: Code of Honor Outfrontgirl 01-09-02 4
   RE: Code of Honor Rose Red 01-10-02 5
 RE: Code of Honor PepeLePew13 01-10-02 6
   RE: Code of Honor sleeeve 01-10-02 11
 Has Lex Already Broken the Oath... IceCat 01-10-02 7
   RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath... Loree 01-10-02 8
       RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath... PepeLePew13 01-10-02 12
   RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath... MDSkinner 01-10-02 9
   RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath... gemstone 01-10-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Code of Honor"
Thanks for bringing this up. I guess we could see it as foreshadowing the LET alliance being upheld. Because of those promises, your above theory of a Kim boot would certainly hold. The next question is, does the Tom & Lex swearing on their sons hold true to the end by this theory of editing?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Code of Honor"
I saw that too, but wasn't sure what to make of it. We saw it three times, each time I think the camera got a little closer to the canteen.

My thoughts were:
1-Lex is (by proxy) hovering over their conversation, and so is aware that T & E are having such discussions.
2-Lex has abandoned his canteen and the code of honor it proclaims.
3-Tom & Ethan knocked over the canteen (its laying on its side, it I recall correctly) and thus are divorcing themselves from Lex.

Then again, its probably just a lucky camera shot that MB decided to play with, like that darn dust devil. Interesting, though.

Swami

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Code of Honor"
"My thoughts were:
1-Lex is (by proxy) hovering over their conversation, and so is aware that T & E are having such discussions.
2-Lex has abandoned his canteen and the code of honor it proclaims.
3-Tom & Ethan knocked over the canteen (its laying on its side, it I recall correctly) and thus are divorcing themselves from Lex."

Thought #1 is probably a reasonable take on this. #2 & #3 are stretching it. For MB & the editors to delve that deeply into a canteen shot is very unlikely.

So I think that either your #1 thought is correct or it's foreshadowing a Kim boot.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Code of Honor"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-02 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

Like Weltek, I agree that the camera shots aren't as deeply symbolic as Swami's interpretations. I WISH they were, as those readings are much more interesting, Swami, than the way the show actually tends to play out.

I take the shot to likely be as simple as the fact that Code of Honor is sitting right there as an ironic juxtaposition to a discussion as to whether they will break their sworn word. I have sworn off trying to turn these things into definite foreshadowing.

Sure, Burnett foreshadows with these symbolic shots, but he does it to raise a host of meanings (far as I can tell) rather than to actually point to the right answer.

As to breaking his word, Tom says No, he won't. Ethan proposed that they would vote out Lex. He does not say he has an ethical conflict due to a promise. Only Tom says that. For all I know, Ethan was testing Tom and is a mole for Lex!

As to the son swearing--all we have been shown is that Lex told Ethan that he and Tom swore on their sons to take it to the Final THREE and included Ethan. We have never seen Ethan commit his word to anyone, only heard about people proposing alliances to him.

IF Lex and Tom swore on their sons NEVER to vote for each other, we have NOT been shown that, although that interpretation keeps popping up in our discussions here. Lex specifically tells Ethan the deal is to go to THREE and at that point the pact obviously dissolves.

My intuition tells me that Lex made his Final 2 pact with Ethan, not Tom, because Lex included Ethan in a separate Final 3/4 pact with both Kim and Kelly--a pact that excluded Tom, and which may or may not have been officially abandoned by Lex--by which I mean, has he told Kim that he went with an alternate alliance?
Or has he left her to figure it out? Lex is pretty forthright.

So far we have not seen any footage of Lex getting paranoid about Ethan's loyalty--only the reverse, and Lex worrying about Tom.

Last episode we did see Lex worrying about what it would be like to go to the jury with Tom, which tells us that in Lex's mind
it's a possibility he's considering. Since Lex probably assumes he has the immunity in the Final 3, not Tom, that would mean he was considering choosing Tom over Ethan.

Specifically Lex worried to Kim about how the jury doesn't know this new scheming side of Tom--only the good ol boy.

*amazes me how Lex discusses HIS jury problems in front of Tbird and Kim as if THEY are just comfy about getting knocked out of the game. Got to give these two women big points for their restraint*

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-02, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Code of Honor"
Well, OFG, here we are at the end game. Tomorrow night it will be all over.And then, what SHALL we do?

I hope I'm happier with the outcome of this year's fracus than I was over last year's. I couldn't believe Colby just giving it up like that, but then Colby was a gentlemen. And so is Ethan...

A coupla points...
Teresa's TV Guide interview today clearly says that Lex is going to reap what he has sown, and that his earlier actions come back to haunt him.
Now is this the truth, or a clear plant by MB through TB and MEANS THE OPPOSITE? That Lex wins!?!

Dabo under the Lex's Son Spoiler thread credits me with being the only one in all of spoilerdom to pick up on and mention that Lex's oldest son is autistic. I read this in a magazine article(I think) somewhere not all that long ago. It wasn't on the boards. And hasn't really been discussed until Dabo did tonight.

That fact and the fact that that was hidden from ALL who just watched the show(it was never mentioned on the air or in SI) may mean that ANY OF THE OTHER FINALISTS - MIGHT ALL DO A COLBY AND FEEL THAT LEX NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT ALONG(not that he couldn't get their on his own considerable steam)BECAUSE HE NEEDS THE MILLION TO PROPERFY CARE FOR HIS DISABLED SON.

The Code of Honor might totally apply to this. That all of the final four who are very close at this point know about Lex's son and the needs of a disabled child outweigh any of their own personal greeds.

This may be what Teresa meant when she said that the ending was going to be a surprise to the viewers but not to her, because she'd been living with the Boron for so long(since the switch).

Tom is a very successful farmer and has not one but TWO farms in Saltville(I love that name!)

MK's hubby looked to be sitting on one, swell, sundeck in the Hamptons(or the straight, very affluent part of Fire Island) in his home video.(Whether this is before MK threw up on him or not is unclear.)

I think Ethan's family is well off. He may not be. Being a soccer coach at Fairleigh Dickinson University(which is affectionately known to all and sundry as Fairly Ridiculous. I know I once spent a semester abroad with FDU, and they were ALL upper, upper, middle Jewish potheads - just like Ethan!)Ethan may have a deeper, abiding affection and respect for Lex than we have been shown.

Lex has also left his job, gotten the Survivor tattoo, and bought a new car!

I still think Ethan has been edited like Tina, a winner for sure. But does he give it all up to Lex, like Colby did with Tina, by choosing him to accompany him to the F2 if he wins Fallen Comrades?

I could just see Ethan doing this. Also he knows Lex is disliked, and he's Mr. Popularity. But really he's more like "Jesus" as Brandon put it, "Jesus lives and he walks among us!" I didn't understand what this might have meant until tonight. ETHAN IS THE NEW COLBY. A gentleman, and a #2?

Meanwhile I checked out all the Tom threads at Surviiivor.com, which is where all the "Tom finishes Fourth" and "Tom's sister" spoilers started.But did they? It doesn't really elucidate anything much except that he lost all this weight(yes, he did) and that the Saltvillians all assumed "he went far in the game"(he has). But that he makes the Final Four seems to have been a rumor that began the minute he got back to town.

The final analysis of all this is that Tom is not as liked as he has been edited to be. And that Lex is not as DISLIKED as he has been edited to be.

And I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED! MB has got a hell of a whopper of a final four this time! It could go any way, though I can't see MK winning.

But it could play out in a variety of situations, all of which I can totally justify and rationalize by all the confustion MB has put out.

But I still think Out Front Girl wins. Danger Kitty is #2.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Code of Honor"
I commented on the Code of Honour (sorry, I'm Canadian) camera panning the other day in another thresd, and I've done some thinking about what this means.

IMO, it has to do with Tom and Ethan going against whatever promises they've made to stick together as a threesome with Lex to go all the way. Why? We saw later on that Tom (through Teresa) has been campaigning to boot Lex -- despite swearing on his son with Lex. We might be getting a foreshadowing that someone will make a move to break up the alliance which leads to my predicted boot in the first IC... TOM. Lex's gut goes into overdrive thinking that Tom is looking for a way to stab him in the back after hearing what Teresa said so he may make it his mission to get Tom out first.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Code of Honor"
>I commented on the Code of
>Honour (sorry, I'm Canadian)

It's okay... everyone has their faults

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Has Lex Already Broken the Oath..."
The terms of the Lex / Tom oath are fairly sketchy...

Did they agree not to vote for each other or did they agree to have an alliance to work together tactically. As a result of the Lex / Brandon tryst, Tom seems to think that Lex has deviated from their alliance and that their 'marriage' is not as strong as it used to be.

Could this indicate that Tom has already come to terms with the end of the alliance in his own mind. Could Tom think that his oath upon his son is no longer in force because Lex deviated from the alliance first.

I must stress... what I am talking about here is Tom's perception of the situation. Does Tom think he is off the hook regarding the oath?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath..."
Did we actually see Tom and Lex swear on their sons? I can't remember anymore. I know Lex clearly told Ethan that him and Tom swore on their sons. But has Tom also said he did this? Did Lex just say this or did it really happen. Kelly said Lex was always asking people to swear on their son, brother or whoever. I am wondering if Lex takes this more serious than others and maybe Tom just said "okay sure" and didn't take it as serious.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath..."
An interesting point... we NEVER saw the actual swearing on their sons (and I don't think we've really seen it for anyone else other than Kelly swearing on her brother and Teresa swearing while Lex was on his fantasy snakehunt) -- and it makes me wonder why MB chose to show Lex saying "me and Tom swore on our sons" to Ethan but not the actual conversation between Lex and Tom.

Could it be that, as you (Loree) said, Tom just said "ya sure, whatever" and MB chose to hide this from us to make us think it's a more serious agreement than in reality?

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath..."
<<Could this indicate that Tom has already come to terms with the end of the alliance in his own mind. Could Tom think that his oath upon his son is no longer in force because Lex deviated from the alliance first.>>

I may be way off base here, but I do not think this is the case. And the reasoning that I give for this is the voting of Kim P. That was the one time that they had a chance to get rid of Lex, but according to Teresa, Tom was not going to vote for Lex because he had an agreement with him, but that he would not be upset it everyone else voted him off. This leads me to believe that even though Tom does not want Lex around, he still feels some sort of strange obligation to not vote against him. This may nto mean anything coming into the final four, but I would be shocked if it does not somehow come into play again.

<<I must stress... what I am talking about here is Tom's perception of the situation. Does Tom think he is off the hook regarding the oath? >>

And this is exactly my point. If Tom would have been willing to vote against Lex back when they voted off Kim P, I would think that he perceived the alliance as through with and broken. But he could not do it, for some strange reason. I do not get it, but this makes me think he perceives this little agreement that they had as still good.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-10-02, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has Lex Already Broken the Oath..."
"Does Tom think he is off the hook regarding the oath?"

If you believe Teresa then Tom acted against Lex first and since they all followed Lex in the Kelly boot, Tom can't hold that against Lex. He could have said no but he agreed.

Tom said last show, he would not vote against Lex so he obviously does not feel he is "off the hook".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •