The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Darrah Blows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-04-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Darrah Blows"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

<<<< CORRECTION: The Darrah Hate Club is officially cancelled. Please join the Rupert Hate Club, which is dedicated to the WORST SURVIVOR EVER.

By the way, kudos to Darrah for hurling salt water into Rupert's eyes during the Episode 3 reward challenge... he deserved it!!! >>>>>>

I hate Darrah!

When she was hurling salt water into Rupert's eyes during the Episode 3 reward challenge, I wanted him to just whack her with his grappling hook. What a beotch!

Why she was cast for this show is beyond me. She's boring to watch... on the rare occasion that she says anything, she says it in a disgusting accent.

She's really not a nice person-- she called Sandra a #####, wants the entire Drake tribe to "****ing die", and inexplicably survived the last tribal council, despite having nothing to offer for her tribe.

She does not deserve to win.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Darrah Blows ExInterper 10-04-03 1
   RE: Darrah Blows AugustGirl 10-04-03 2
       RE: Darrah Blows reality_gal 12-13-03 58
           RE: Darrah Blows nailbone 12-14-03 66
 RE: Darrah Blows frisky 10-04-03 3
   RE: Darrah Blows 7sins_pride 10-04-03 4
   RE: Darrah Blows KeithFan 11-09-03 24
 RE: Darrah Blows whoami 10-04-03 5
   RE: Darrah Blows J Slice 10-06-03 6
       RE: Darrah Blows strid333 10-06-03 7
       RE: Darrah Blows Draco Malfoy 10-06-03 9
       RE: Darrah Blows ginger 10-06-03 12
 RE: Darrah Blows Thaibeach 10-06-03 8
   RE: Darrah Blows reality_gal 12-13-03 60
 RE: Darrah Blows Angelfood 10-06-03 10
   RE: Darrah Blows Thaibeach 10-06-03 11
       RE: Darrah Blows Breezy 10-06-03 13
 RE: Darrah Blows Poncho 10-06-03 14
 RE: Darrah Blows FarmBoy 10-06-03 15
   RE: Darrah Blows mistofleas 10-07-03 16
       RE: Darrah Blows FarmBoy 10-07-03 17
           RE: Darrah Blows Tilwee 10-08-03 18
       RE: Darrah Blows ginger 10-24-03 21
 RE: Darrah Blows coolflowerpowerman 10-23-03 19
   RE: Darrah Blows managerr 10-24-03 20
 RE: Darrah Blows coolflowerpowerman 11-09-03 22
   RE: Darrah Blows coolflowerpowerman 11-24-03 25
 So... KeithFan 11-09-03 23
 RE: Darrah Blows PelicanPete 11-25-03 26
   RE: Darrah Blows Robotext 11-27-03 27
 RE: Darrah Blows I_AM_HE 11-28-03 28
   RE: Darrah Blows whoami 11-28-03 29
   RE: Darrah Blows annapolislass 11-29-03 30
       RE: Darrah Blows Joyful 11-30-03 31
           RE: Darrah Blows nailbone 12-04-03 34
   RE: Darrah Blows DRONES 12-10-03 39
   RE: Darrah Blows nailbone 12-10-03 41
   RE: Darrah Blows ego 12-12-03 53
 RE: Darrah Blows DRONES 12-03-03 32
 RE: Darrah Blows shanana banana 12-04-03 33
   RE: Darrah Blows Spanky68 12-04-03 35
 RE: Darrah Blows I_AM_HE 12-09-03 36
   RE: Darrah Blows nailbone 12-09-03 37
       RE: Darrah Blows I_AM_HE 12-09-03 38
   RE: Darrah Blows geg6 12-10-03 40
 RE: Darrah Blows anws 12-10-03 42
   RE: Darrah Blows nailbone 12-10-03 43
       RE: Darrah Blows Glow 12-12-03 44
           Best strategy of any of them... IceCat 12-12-03 45
               RE: Best strategy of any of them... ginger 12-12-03 46
                   RE: Best strategy of any of them... AugustGirl 12-14-03 64
 DMNW! I_AM_HE 12-12-03 47
   RE: DMNW! PhoenixMons 12-12-03 52
   DMNW!! cqvenus 12-13-03 55
   RE: DMNW! RealityRyan 12-13-03 57
   RE: DMNW! Tiger Lily 12-14-03 61
 DWW!!!! nailbone 12-12-03 48
   RE: DWW!!!! I_AM_HE 12-12-03 49
       DWW!!!! to Fanatics nailbone 12-12-03 50
   RE: DWW!!!! ginger 12-12-03 51
       Darrah or... Robotext 12-13-03 54
       RE: DWW!!!! RealityRyan 12-13-03 59
 RE: Darrah Blows RealityRyan 12-13-03 56
   RE: Darrah Blows Tiger Lily 12-14-03 62
   RE: Darrah Blows Robotext 12-14-03 63
 Darrah, Darrah, Darrah I_AM_HE 12-14-03 65
 RE: Darrah Blows arturbars 12-15-03 67
   RE: Darrah Blows warp_core breach 12-15-03 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Personally, I'm more disturbed by the fact that I don't think I've seen her change facial expressions once in three episodes.

Maybe there was a screw-up at the morgue, and they accidentally sent over a finished product rather than Darrah herself.

Naw...a corpse would be more interesting.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I'm not sure which is weirder.... the silent Darrah, or the Darrah that speaks.

Either way, she is one strange chick.

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-13-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Darrah Blows"
silent darrah all the way. Her accent makes me want to slap sombody for not slapping me because i didn't switch the channel when she speaks. What kinda accent is it by the way a redneck one?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Darrah Blows"
She's from Mississippi, and I can understand her just fine.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I think she's this year's Butch. The corpse of the final four.

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-03, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Darrah Blows"
yeah...and the one that 'might' win...

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Darrah Blows"
At least we had reasons to like Butch. We haven't even seen enough of Darrah to form any kind of opinion on her.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-03, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Awh come on people she can not be that bad at least she tried to help her team win. She did not stand up in the boat.

WHOAMI
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.--Dandemis

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Darrah Blows"
But saying she's "not as useless as Osten" is like being the leper with the most toes.

Thank you Ms. Slice, but I have to tell you that you are dangerous. - Technoir

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Darrah Blows"
>But saying she's "not as useless
>as Osten" is like being
>the leper with the most
>toes.
>
LMAO. That is too true.

Three is the perfect number.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Someone hand me a Sharkie wipe... I just ruined my monitor.

Draco. Heart. JSlice.
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:320 Loss To Date:-19

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I will be using that line at the first opportunity.

>

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-06-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I was hoping Rupert would "slip" and smack the b!tch in the head with the gaffing hook.

She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, pointing out her own shortcomings at TC (not having any idea how to build a fire). And if looks could kill, there'd be a line of corpses for her to tend to. Darrah is worse than Jenna in a way - at least you could understand what Jenna was saying when she b!tched and whined.

By my count, Darrah has said about four sentences on camera. One was whatever name she called the Drakes - that was bleeped out. (Whatever she said, NICE! Was the "beauty contest" she won entitled Miss Potty Mouth?) The rest of it was along the lines of "Ah hyaow muh fuhwoo bow buh meeyaow. ah ha oo bee kapow hyaow *****. Whah uh buuch o fubslang betbees."

It's amazing how she manages to barely speak and have little or no personality, but still come across as an arrogant, nasty b!tch.

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Darrah Blows"
now that's the exact language i've been trying to get across. how did u learn her language? I think i probably know u or something but u are good at writing the language and i just recognise it lmao

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-06-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Darrah Blows"
hello

agree with her being annoying and pottymouth. Also,

Tijuana told Andrew that when she talked to Darrah, D hardly said anything and seemed like she didn't care. Maybe the girl knows that this is too much for her (whether it be physical or mental weakness, laziness or stress), but doesn't want to seem like a crybaby like Osten. IF Morgan isn't eating much, the thinner members just might have zero energy. LIke i've said before, if you are thin, you can expect to lose 20-30 pounds on Survivor - pack on some meat first!!

in regards to her single facial expression:
What is up with Darrah's eyebrows? Other people have commented on her evil stare (which can be contributed to squinting) and she does look depressed all the time (maybe normal in her line of work), but there is just something not right about those buggers. Is there such a thing as over-plucking and is that her faux pas? OR is there more going on?

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Hi Angel,

Agree about her eyebrows! It is possible to overpluck and have the brows just not grow back properly. (She's too young for it to be bad botox, lol.)

She almost looks like one of the caricature faces that are drawn for toddlers to match up emotions with facial expressions. She's totally "Angry" or "Perpetually @#$%&*! Irritated".

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Darrah Blows"
She probably over plucked them herself, for fear of what they would look like after spending a long time away from her tweezers.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I agree, she seems very boring so far. Wonder if it is just editing or not ????

Being from the South myself, I don't think her accent is disgusting at all

Poncho

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Darrah Blows"

Down here, we have a name for girls like her:

"Barbie from Hell"

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Darrah Blows"
LOL @ Barbie from hell!

That's priceless Farmboy, absolutely priceless

You know, I don't mind Darrah's accent. I don't mind her quietness. I don't mind that she's a mortician (someones got to do it). What creeps me out about Darrah is her apathy.

She really honestly doesn't care. She could get voted out tomorrow and she'd say "oh well". She could win the million dollars and she's say "oh well".

She's made from the same wood that Al Gore was made from.

Either that or she's a pod person. Aliens have to emotions you know.

--thinks she may have stumbled on the big lie which is that Darrah has been telling everyone she's a human being when in fact she hails from Pluto

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-07-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Darrah Blows"
She does seem apathetic- such a fine quality in a Mortician.

All of her reactions seem to be negative- could be the editing.

I wish they would do "Tis is how they really acted" specials.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Good idea, FarmBoy !
I wish they would cut out rerunning the same scene over and over and over. Geez, can't they do a better job editing and find SOMETHING to give us ? I understand a little update from the week before, but give me a break. They show the same scenes in previews, commercials, re-caps and then the actual scene. You can't tell me there is nothing else to put on the tube. I could do a better job at mixing it up !!

10-24-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Darrah Blows"
She is a bit stiff.

10-23-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Darrah Blows"
<<<< CORRECTION: The Darrah Hate Club is officially cancelled. Please join the Rupert Hate Club, which is dedicated to the WORST SURVIVOR EVER.

By the way, kudos to Darrah for hurling salt water into Rupert's eyes during the Episode 3 reward challenge... he deserved it!!! >>>>>>

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-24-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I don't know why, but something about her reminds me of Amber. Especially how Amber acted when Jerri left. If she were put in a strategic position of power, would she even know what to do with it?

11-09-03, 10:03 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Yeah, the Darrah Blows thread is starting up again!

Who knows... I might decide to cancel it again next week if she does something good.

11-24-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Yeah... Rupert sucks, Darrah rocks my world.

You go girl!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "So..."
I'll be a Darrah/Rupert F2 would REALLY tick you off wouldn't it?

PelicanPete 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PelicanPete Click to send private message to PelicanPete Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Blame MB for Darrah's lack of screentime. How can you call her boring when you admit you don't even see enough of her to fill 20 seconds of airtime?

Just my opinion, but don't be eager to bash.

-PP

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-03, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Darrah Blows"
"Modeling"? it figures...

I do think she is hot just not interesting (very much in the Amber vein). With T gone, maybe she will perk up or something (as the last official Morgan member).

Here's hoping (though I still think she does NOT deserve to win with what we have seen so far)!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Darrah Blows"
a picture's worth a thousand words, so here's 2:

darrah sucks! go sandra!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Way to go I_AM_HE. The pictures say it all.

WHOAMI
Darrah who??

annapolislass 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annapolislass Click to send private message to annapolislass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Who cares!?

Darrah has a much better personality than Sandra or Christa. GO DARRAH!

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-03, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Darrah Blows"
>Who cares!?
>
>Darrah has a much better personality
>than Sandra or Christa. GO
>DARRAH!

HUH?!?!

How can you back-up a statement like that when we have yet to see Darrah's personality???

12-04-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Darrah Blows"

Cuz even a "non"-personality is better than that b!tch Sandra!

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-10-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Darrah Blows"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-10-03 AT 00:46 AM (EST)

After seeing those pictures the movie Nell comes to mind

DRONES

12-10-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Darrah Blows"

BTW, you can't use pics like this for the bet! The pic has to be a decent loking one, and yes, there are plenty of those around.

Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Darrah Blows"
stick two horns on her and she looks like demonica. omg and she's a mortician too? wow.

i like her though, go darrah!

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Who is this "Darrah" person you all speak of?

DRONES

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Darrah Blows"
If Darrah wins Survivor I'll want to hang myself. She is on the level of Veceppia, Worst.Survivor.Winner.Ever.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Vee was bad. Jenna was just as bad for me. Heidi would CLEARLy have been worse

12-09-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Darrah Blows"
i'm just going to copy and paste a brilliant post by Pearls of Wisdom over at Sucks, because it says it just about perfectly:

-------------
This season was a case of desperately trying to make speculation fit the spoilers. Case in point -- the "Darrah: Mind of a Champion" thread.

This is what happens when we pretty much know the final 2 before the season even starts. And so now people are coming up with all sorts of wild nonsense to make it more palatable -- "Maybe Darrah talking about wanting her dad to buy her a boob job for Christmas was an act, and she's actually really brilliant and is trying to get the other players to underestimate her".

Uh...no. This isn't complicated, people: The winner this season isn't very smart. But MB needs the audience to believe that in order to win his game, one needs to be extremely intelligent. Therefore, he hides Darrah for most of the game so people will assume she's smarter than she actually is -- "Yes, I see her strategy now, she's hanging back in the shadows, waiting for the right time to strike. Brilliant." Or at least that's what MB is hoping people will think. By hiding Darrah, MB is hoping it will create the illusion that she is a mastermind working in the shadows.

Which is the point I was trying to make in the "Mind of a Champion" thread before the Darraholics descended on it and turned it into a flame war. My point was that Darrah isn't being edited this way to hide the fact that she is the winner, or because she didn't give him any material to work with.

She's being edited this way so MB can preserve the notion that only a person of very high intelligence can win the game. And if he showed us the material that Darrah did give him, that notion would be shattered.

Christa's chat was the evidence that confirmed my suspicions -- MB isn't playing "hide the winner" this time. He's playing "hide the fact that the winner isn't very smart".

That may be a hard truth for the Darrah fans to accept, but it is the truth.

P.S. -- I think your theory is awesome, Isgal. I hope you're right, but unfortunately I don't think Sandra is going to be in the final 2.

12-09-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Darrah Blows"

>
>Uh...no. This isn't complicated, people: The
>winner this season isn't very
>smart.

Smart enough to win is smart enough for me. Besides, "brilliant" and "Sucks" don't belong in the same sentence. Brilliant is this post by Bebo.

She's in a perfect position, but I'm not convinced that she's doing it on purpose.

I'm starting to get convinced after this episode.

She's watched numerous other competitors overplay their hands, and watched them take the walk of shame because of it. She's taking a more conservative approach and not overstrategizing herself out of the game.

- With her head on the chopping block, she goes to the person she just voted for and contritely works her way back into his good graces (see Markopolo's transcript for the details). She doesn't go overboard trying to nail Burton down to lofty promises, but just tries to make him think she'd be OK with fourth place. Since this is non-threatening to his goal of winning the game, he's willing to listen to her. After she has assurances from him that she won't be the next to go, she stops. She doesn't try to overplay by forcing a next move, she just stands pat with the fact that she's not going in the next TC.

This move is in direct contrast to the one that got Tijuana voted out of the game. Tijuana overplayed her hand and gave up a sure Burton boot in TC because she was trying to play another round ahead. Darrah, meanwhile, knows she can't win the endgame if she's not around to play it, and is just buying herself some time. She also knows that with another head on the chopping block - Christa's - there's no reason to do anything that would draw the attention back to herself, which is what had done in Nicole at the very first TC. She's learned from her tribemates' mistakes.

- At the reward, she takes prime advantage of the fact that she has the ear of Jonny Fairplay with noone around to overhear. Unlike Lil, who sulks when Jon pokes fun at her, Darrah recognizes what a great opportunity they all have to talk strategy and uses it to her full advantage. She leads Jon to think that she would be a better F2 opponent than Lil, moving herself up from 4th to 3rd (at least) on the totem pole. Jon is willing to listen since Darrah's arguments for going farther in the game do not appear to conflict with his goal of winning the game.

Lil forgot to play the game here. She was too busy jumping on the bed and getting her feelings hurt to realize this was a prime opportunity to secure her position in the pecking order. Darrah, meanwhile, recognized that this was still part of the game.

I think she's also been doing a good job of not making unnecessary enemies. Her fellow Morgans on the jury have no reason to turn away from her, because she stayed loyal to them while they were in the game. She wasn't one of the ones who stabbed Rupert in the back - it was the other Drakes who "forgot" the plan to eliminate the Morgans, then Lil. Even Sandra and Christa will have to recognize that Darrah wasn't the one who broke the plan, they were, so she'd probably be a lesser evil to them out of the remaining players. And the more she gets that immunity sword, the more she reminds them that she has done well in that aspect of the game as well. Her challenge strength has to be respected.

12-09-03, 06:08 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Darrah Blows"
sorry boner and beebs, ya know i *heart* ya both, but i think this is exactly the trap taht PoW describes: trying to make the spec fit the spoilers, trying to make the winner more palatable

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Darrah Blows"
HE, once again I bow to the master.
I think this is exactly right if this non-entity wins. She is not even as interesting as Vee was. At least Vee had that whole Christian hypocrite thing going. MB was just horrified that, once again, an idiot wins his competition. The problem for him is that he may just have set this whole thing up himself with the Outcast twist. It gave two of the stupidest people too much power and threw everything off. Darrah would have been gone long ago if not for that.

anws 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anws Click to send private message to anws Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I think we as people tend to think only interesting people can make things happen for themselves. We forget that a boring person has a life and dreams to. Maybe she does not have a personality out there, but who's to say that if we were put in that position that people would think of us differently. Being on telivison 24 hours a day and starving yourself can change a person's personality drastically.

12-10-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Not to mention editing...

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Um, yeah, she blows them all away.

Go Darrah.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Best strategy of any of them..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

Keep your mouth shut...

Stay below the radar...

Make discrete alliances when available...

Win immunity challenges as required...

Keep your mouth shut (yeah, it bears repeating)...

Burton and Jon were complete buffoons at this game and the twist allowed both them to remain in the game far longer than they should have.

All in all, this has been the worst group of players from the point of view of strategic game play.

12-12-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Best strategy of any of them..."
In a season themed around buried treasure, the mortician best rises to the undertaking.

D. has, with that last IC win, "earned" her #1 spot, IMO.

I'm not saying the competition was stiff, though.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Best strategy of any of them..."
"I'm not saying the competition was stiff, though."

Ginger, once again I bow to you... Queen of Wit.

AugustGirl
ginger wannabe

12-12-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
47. "DMNW!"
Darrah Must Not Win Member Petition Drive

It's time. All of you who are tired of this worthless waste of space, join the DMNW brigade! Are you tired of undeserving winners? Are you appalled by people trying to rationalize a possible Darrah win? Sign up on the dotted line! Add DMNW to your signature to let everyone know that you do not support the worst winner since, well, last season and she-who-shall-not-be-named. We will take the world by storm! Down with Duhruh! Up with whoever you want! So who's with me?

X

DMNW!!!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-12-03, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: DMNW!"
HE,

I know I am supposed to sign this as a UWS/SMW card-carrying member (Up With Sandra/Sandra Must Win), but I cannot sign the petition because while Darrah is not my favorite, I think she's a deserving winner (always have sort of respected her challenge-ability). I don't unnerstand a wurd she sayz most of da tym, but it's not her fault that she's been edited so UTR (seems to me she's not much like she's been eidted form others' post show comments anyway...) - much like Vee was probably doing a lot of strategizing that we never saw. Instead of DMNW I propose a DWMB petition (Down with Mark Burnett)...I am getting sick of winners being hidden from us. I sure hope that's not the case this season (Darrah) but at least this time it would make sense because I do know that a lot of people relly just can't understand what she's saying (I can't understand a lot of it and my husband's family is full of people with thick Southern accents - and I can understand them just fine).

I am certainly not going to jump for joy if Darrah wins, but being undeserving I just don't see. I will bash her accent like crazy though

The three words that best describe you, are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "DMNW!!"
X

~ cq

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: DMNW!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-03 AT 10:54 PM (EST)

I'm on board, all the way!

DMNW DMNW DMNW DMNW!!!

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-14-03, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: DMNW!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-03 AT 03:04 AM (EST)

Alright, just for you, He, because I lvoe you, and because I still have my heart set on an unlikley Jon win...

X

DMNW!

12-12-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
48. "DWW!!!!"

And those of you that see that Darrah actually does have the smarter strategy, or is at least less obnoxious than the others, and feel that she should win, add "DWW!!" below your sig and sign below.

o-
DWW!!!

12-12-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
49. "RE: DWW!!!!"
hey boner, didn't i tell you to get a room already?? this isn't your thread!

DMNW!!!

12-12-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
50. " DWW!!!! to Fanatics"
Fine! I'll take my petition over to the "Darrah" thread on Fanatics!!

o-

12-12-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
51. "RE: DWW!!!!"
It's all better than Jenna winning.

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

12-13-03, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "Darrah or..."
I have a recurring nightmare that as the last vote is tallied and Darrah is declared the winner she takes off her fake face and is revealed to be Jenna (who did not know how to speak through the fake face's mouth and thus was unintelligible for the entire season...just like the last)!

Thus, MB again pulls the wool over our eyes by having the person that we would least like to win (or even consider) win.

Please tell me that this is the dream and Rupert is still in Balboa then I can wake up.

12-13-03, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: DWW!!!!"
Well yeah, I guess so... and every season the winner fills some sort of quota, and Drawla's no exception (the gay guy, the granny, the jew, the african-american woman, the porn star, the bimbo)! So D, you go guuurl, representing for all the zombies and undead out there!

DMNW DMNW DMNW DMNW!!!

12-13-03, 10:44 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Darrah Blows"
I just posted this in fanatics by accident... oops! Anywhoo..

I'm really trying to get in Drawla's corner but I can't... the first IC she won pretty much landed in her lap, as 4 or 5 people before her almost won but made stupid mistakes. The musket challenege was tailored towards her hunting abilities... and the most one-sided of them all was this past one where she was able to reach her gaunt little hands of death in the tube to get the key in one trip, while it took the others two or three. As some other person said, what's next? An IC where you have to go through Darrah-shaped barriers? So yeah, I'm not buying her challenge prowess one bit...

She has no personality, she's as lifeless as a corpse, and she has all the strategy of Jan or Debb.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-14-03, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Darrah Blows"

Darrah-shaped barriers

LOL, Ryan.

Peace on Earth.
DMNW

12-14-03, 06:33 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Plus a victory for Darrah would remind me of Jenna *shudder*

12-14-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
65. "Darrah, Darrah, Darrah"
Here's a little song by Isgal1 over at Sucks, I thought my fellow DMNWers would like to sing along!

I have a little Darrah
I made it out of clay.
It doesn't really spin that well
And hasn't much to say

Darrah, Darrah, Darrah
You've not been much in play
Darrah, Darrah, Darrah,
It's time you went away.

I have a little Darrah
It won't win or it will.
With luck it hits a pothole
And gets stomped on by Big Pill.

Darrah, Darrah, Darrah
You've not been much in play
Darrah, Darrah, Darrah,
It's time you went away.

-DMNW

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Darrah Blows"
Did anyone notice that Darrah showed some emotion last night on the pre-final vote interviews? I think she even shed a tear..... Is that possible - can corpses cry?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Darrah Blows"
What's up with Darrah? For the first few weeks, it was like she didn't play the game. She didn't do anything useful or concrete. You kinda forgot about her and she was ready to go home at one point. Never got any air time because she didn't have much to say about the game. Then she wins 3 ICs in a row and kinda gets some life into her - actually really smiling (for the first time) at the TC where she had immunity for the 3rd time. Then at the last TC she was in Jiffy asks her if she thought of who she wanted to be with her in the F2 and she says she hasn't thought about it because she hasn't gotten there yet - what the f--k!! No heart whatsoever when it came to playing the game. I'm sure everyone else thought about that - but really a piss poor attitude on her part. Then she gets booted. Says it sucks. Then when the jury members are saying the pre-TC blah blah, she's bawling and saying she got screwed over and she's going to let everyone know that - what the f--k! Emotion again! Then she doesn't say anything.

Hey Darrah! Do you have any idea how all over the map you are?! With her lack of personality, social skills coupled with a thickly accented, whiny voice no wonder she works with corpses - they can't complain!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •