The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What if..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-03-02, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What if..."
This falls into the category of pure speculation and I may be jumping the gun here,( I’m always nervous when I vote differently than Ayak.), But…

What if the Old Boran are the Final 4?

What if the vidcap showing Lex ,Tom and Ethan shaking hands is showing the alliance as it exists this week?

What if Lex’s “I’d slit his throat” confessional, is actually from next week?

What if Lex, Tom and Ethan had an alliance that was supposed to take them to the Final 3, but next week Ethan decides to make his move ahead of plan and vote together with KimJ. Lex would suddenly be in a vulnerable position that might warrant the “I’d slit his throat…” reaction to finding out about a possible “betrayal” by Ethan.

What if MB had nothing to work with this week, because Teresa’s boot was straight forward, predictable and uneventful, and MB needed to insert some footage to spice things up a bit and create doubt about the obvious outcome?

What better footage to use than Lex ranting about Ethan to cast doubt on what is actually still a solid alliance this week, but crumbles next week?

What if Lex doesn’t win the Fallen Comrades Challenge next week and is voted out by Ethan and Kim…then all Ethan has to do is win immunity against KimJ and Tom and he can chose who he wants next to him when he faces the Jury.

What if?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What if... Outfrontgirl 01-03-02 1
   Good evidence AyaK 01-03-02 3
   RE: What if... westgirl98 01-03-02 6
 RE: What if... dabo 01-03-02 2
   RE: What if... ItzLisa 01-03-02 4
 RE: What if... Blueville 01-03-02 5
   RE: What if... TheWanderer 01-03-02 7
       RE: What if... westgirl98 01-03-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-02, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What if..."
Krautboy,
I don't think your speculation is wild, but I do hope Burnett is not resorting to putting things totally out of sequence.

As I posted at the end of the Final Four No Regrets thread, a look back showed me that Lex proposed to Ethan that they replace an existing alliance with Ethan Kim and Lex with an LET Final 3 alliance.

After posting that, I found more evidence that Ethan really wanted to keep Kim around in Episode 4. He was really worried for her when they went alone together to get treemail for that IC, and so happy she could stick around when Boran won--as they both knew she was doomed for losing too many challenges if they went back to TC.

I would say that Lex included Ethan in both his Final 3 alliances, but has maybe been stringing Kim along ever since he and Tom swore on their sons. It will be interesting if the shit ever hits the fan and it may in Truth Be Told.

It's Tom and Kim who are the fringe members of either group, IMHO, and I think Tom will likely be the one to bite it first.
Either Kim wins the Fallen Comrades--forcing a premature cannibalization in the L-E-T alliance--or Ethan and Kim vote against Tom because Lex wins the IC. (Lex and Tom could vote against Kim but the tie-breaker would oust Tom). Tom has to go due to excess popularity.

We will know tomorrow whether the scene with Lex is in response to a hypothetical question by the interviewer OR a scene from the Finale. I hope it's not the latter or I will give up on previews entirely for S4!

In any case, Lex's threatening answer is couched in terms of what he WOULD do if he found out such and such--not what he WILL do, and if it is this episode, it is probably just included to stir up doubt about the Pagonging. At this point I really think that it will be relating to Tom, not Ethan.

The CBS poll is misdirecting, but this week one of the three answers has to come true one way or another, as the poll possibilities are yes, no, and maybe that Tom and Lex stay allied.

Teresa seemed to think she could get Tom's vote, or so she told Kim last week, whereas I don't see her going to Ethan... At this point of the game (and really from the outset), people freak out when they see two people talking together apart from the group.

All Tbird (new Iago) has to do is pull Tom aside and whisper to him, and Othello, I mean Lex, will start in with his GUT telling him stuff.

But Tom is no Desdemona (even with that "marriage to Lex" metaphor he pulled out) to go quietly. He and Ethan together ought to be able to talk some sense into Lex.

Remember that Lex would have to have another vote against Tom even if he believed Teresa, and I don't see MamaKim risking Ethan's ire by helping to boot Ethan's friend Tom and saving dangerous cornered animal Teresa. Ethan's loyalty is Kim's only hope to make it further in this game and she won't risk it.

Probably the vote will go 4-1...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Good evidence"
OFG, this makes perfect sense to me. Krautboy, I think I got sucked into something MB was trying to con us into believing that wasn't really true -- that Ethan and Lex weren't really the closest alliance. Instead, my first take was right -- Lex was "allowed" to vote along with Brandon the same way that Colby was "allowed" to vote along with Amber when she was booted.

OFG's post about the conversations from E2 indicates that Lex really was closer to Ethan than anyone else, because Lex and Ethan were partners in both of the different "final three" alliances. Great work, OFG.

What is the implication of that finding? Well, first, that Ethan and Lex are a good bet for the final two. Second, that Ethan won't be part of a revolt against Lex. Third, that (even though MB isn't showing it to us), KimJ is probably telling Ethan and Lex everything that Teresa says to her ... hoping to find some sign of Tom's disloyalty so that she can outlast him.

There was a possible spoiler posted on EZ back at the start of the show that said Tom's sister was telling friends that he finished fourth. According to the post, she also said that Tom won a safari as a reward while he was in the game, and that part definitely came true last week ... which gives me some confidence in the other part.

Thus, it looks like most of the predictions about the ending will come true: Tom 4th, KimJ 3rd, Lex 2nd (or maybe 1st?), Ethan 1st (or maybe 2nd).

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-03-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What if..."
Well first of all Lex actually flies off the handle way too much It was really easy for Brandon to trick him in the earlier episodes. I feel like no one would want to sit next to either Tom or Ethan in the final two so it might be Lex that turns to another alliance with maybe teresa and mamakim My gut feeling is that I would absolutely love Tom to win but feel that he is to big a risk. He lives not far from me and they did a radio interview with him a few weeks back. I thought for sure that meant He was going to be voted off but he is still there so now Im wondering if it meant he won. He also said in the radio interview that he had lost about 70+ lbs..............hmmmmmmm

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-02, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What if..."
Interesting. The thing is, assuming Lex is in the final four and doesn't win immunity going into tc13, it takes only two votes to tie him up, and assuming no voters pull a Wigglesworth and have a change of mind then one vote to get him to the deadlock, where Lex would be dead meat as it is numerically impossible at this point for anyone to surpass him in the past votes tally. He would be an absolute fool to press his luck under the circumstances. That, of course, doesn't mean that it is impossible for it to happen that way.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-03-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What if..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-02 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

That's true, too, Dabs. Lex would be history if he doesn't win immunity, simply on the sheer volume of past votes. If he gets voted for tonight, the number of people involved are so small, it would be easy as pie to get rid of him. Which, going against what Krautboy said, could explain why Lex may be feeling particularly paranoid and vulnerable thisweek rather than a "next week" trick pulled by MB. After being much more normal and nice the past two eps., the previews show us the old psycho nut-hatch Lex getting ready to slit throats again!

BUT, I still gotta say, I LOVE Krautboy's theory!!! Sure, it's a big "what if", but couldn't you just picture MB pulling a stunt like that to keep the viewers on their toes? Yes, Teresa's vote out tonight is pretty inevitable (unless she wins immunity) - she's my pick in Supe's thread, and for once this season, I think I might finally be right, LOL!! But MB has shown this season more than any other that his old formulas are getting stale and predictable - hence, the "twist" episode, which, prior to, we were all sitting around figuring the GXA would systematically be eliminating Frank and Teresa next, ho-hum. This is the season for shakeups, or MB knows the show is in deep trouble. Pulling a stunt like shifting upcoming preview clips on us - well, I wouldn't put it past him for a second! Nice work, Krautboy!

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-03-02, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What if..."
At this point in the game, Lex is probably considered the most evil of those that are left by the jury. If I were Tom or Ethan, I would want him with me in the final 2, just like Kelly did with Richard (even though it didn't work out), and Mr. I-don't-really-need-a-million-dollars-anyway Colby should have done with Keith.

I don't think it matters how much manipulating Teresa tries this week, the pagonging will be completed with her ouster.

Then Tom and Ethan have it pretty easy when the cannabilization begins. By not voting for Lex to try and make it to the final 2 with him, they are only fulfilling their word they gave when the alliance was first formed. If Ethan or Tom made it to the final 2 with Lex, they would have a great shot of winning with this jury.

I think Tom is certainly married to Lex for the rest of the show. The issue becomes how strong is Ethan's alliance with Kim J. versus his alliance with Lex.

Putting my feet in their shoes, if I'm Lex, this episode Teresa goes, next is Kim J., and then he has to make a decision. If Ayak is right, he takes Ethan because of their stronger bond. Or does he consider his and Tom's swearing on their son's lives more important? Either way, he goes to the final 2 and endures the wrath of the jury.

If I'm Tom, this week Teresa goes. Next TC, whoever Lex says goes. Next TC whoever Lex says goes. Then I'm in the final 2 with Lex.

If I'm Ethan, this week Teresa goes. Then Ethan has to decide how strong his bond with Kim J. is. I don't think it's strong enough to try and get rid of Tom and Lex, so he gives her up. Then, again, we find out how tight Ethan and Lex are.

One thing that has interested me since people began doing interviews after being booted is that no one seemed to stay in touch with Lex, Kelly said she had called him, but I've gotten the impression that Lex has no interest in trying to continue friendships and relationships that started in Africa. It seems like he has hard feelings about the result of the game. I can envision him playing his little heart out to make it to the final 2 thinking he really has a chance at the million, and then getting completely burned by the jury. I would think many of the jury will have negative comments about him, and the end vote may not even be close. Remember both Kelly and Richard AND Colby and Tina were separated by one vote. Lex could walk away with a lot of animosity and never want to see these people again.

Of course, I don't take into consideration any IC's, and I use way too much logic for this group. So all of this could be worth diddly.

Blue

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-03-02, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What if..."
Don't underestimate yourself. Your logic is pretty good. One thing we have to take into account though, is that we have a lot more time to strategize than the players did. The have a few short days to do their thinking. When it comes to personal strategy, they can't bounce it off anyone and discuss it like we do in this venue. We must alsotake into account the emotions. They're living with each other 24x7. They develop bonds with each other, even if they don't necessarily like each other that much (sort of like that brother-in-law that you love to hate).

Think of all the footage that's not used, in comparison to that which is used. Each second is precious and why waste time on something that isn't relevant? Why include the "confessionals" of Ethan stating he's "all alone" remember... the sole Survivor stands alone. Lex may be pissed that Ethan pulled in MK instead of him, or was voted out of the F4 and has hard feelings; but not towards Ethan.

Lets take an E/K/L/T F4. If Ethan breaks with MK and votes with Lex against Tom, MK and Tom vote against Lex; 2-2 tie, there can't be any revotes, Lex has more previous votes. Lex loses and Ethan garners Lex's vote in the F2 of Ethan vs. MK (Ethan would pick MK over TOm, as he is closer and knows he would take a bigger chance in losing against Tom, than MK).

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-03-02, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What if..."
Ok If I'm wrong then I'll be back tonight and yall can say told you so. I just think Teresa leaving is too predctable,considering MB likes to stir things up. If the girls team up and can get Tom on their side to go against Lex then Teresa makes it to the Final Four.You have to also remember that the entire jury so far is all Samburu so that could either work for Teresa or against her assuming she makes the final 2. She may want to take her chances with Tom vs Lex but then again Tom may take it all. We'll have to see.........

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •