The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Great American Road Trip"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Current Message

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-31-09, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Great American Road Trip"
Has anyone heard anything about this NBC show? I checked the NBC website, and it's listed but nothing comes up when I click the link. It's 5 families, each w/ their own luxury touring bus, traveling Rte. 66 from Chicago (eastern terminus, right?) to LA. Per one of the crew, it is set to air in July.

Anyway, my family and I were at Meteor Crater, AZ today and they were filming there. I didn't see any competition between the families, but I assume there is some because 3 of the teams were wearing color-coded football jerseys. A 4th team was out of uniform and scarfing down Subway while a camera crew filmed, and I didn't see the 5th team.

The families I saw were the Montgomerys (African-American, 1 woman, 1 man and two boys - preteen and mid-teen wearing yellow), the DiSalvatores (Caucasian, wearing purple, 1 petite mama, 1 dad w/ scraggly hair and two kids - at least one of which is a preteen boy the other of which was behind a tree from my vantage point - dad and younger boy were having private confessional when I walked past them), the Favereys in light blue (not sure of their family make-up or racial background, perhaps Hispanic, as I only saw 3 members which included a teen girl and a woman - different tree blocked 3rd person). The family that was eating was either the Cootes (who may wear orange at some point to match the lettering on the tour bus as do the above 3 teams) or the Pollards (red), but included 2 younger girls, a man and a woman w/ lots of eye make-up.

The three teams in the jerseys were sitting in the courtyard of the museum structure, each at a separate picnic table. I guess they were instructed not to communicate with each other because there was no conversation occuring between the tables.

The crew was pretty large. There were easily 50 people running around with still and video cameras, walkie-talkies, etc. One of the Meteor Crater employees told me that they'd be filming most of the day (we were there from about noon-2:30) and were staying at the RV park at the I-40 exit tonight.

If they stay as close to old Rte. 66 as possible, what other stops do you think they've made along the way? Other AZ sites along Rte. 66 are Petrified Forest NP, Flagstaff (Museum Club, NAU), Williams (Grand Canyon RR), Ash Fork and Seligman (not much there), Grand Canyon Caverns and Kingman.

Here's to hoping that this isn't a re-invention of TAR Family Edition.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Great American Road Trip   dajaki     05-31-09       
   RE: Great American Road Trip   Ahtumbreez     06-03-09     1  
   bump   dabo     07-04-09     2  
   So basically...   Estee     07-08-09     3  
     Thank you   realitybites     07-08-09     7  
         RE: Thank you   Agman2     04-06-16     21  
   RE: Great American Road Trip   dajaki     07-08-09     4  
     RE: Great American Road Trip   Estee     07-08-09     5  
         RE: Great American Road Trip   dajaki     07-08-09     6  
   RE: Great American Road Trip   Starshine     07-10-09     8  
     RE: Great American Road Trip   JessicaRN     07-10-09     9  
     RE: Great American Road Trip   dabo     07-10-09     10  
   Episode #2: The Great American Fai...   Estee     07-14-09     11  
     RE: Episode #2: The Great American...   dabo     07-14-09     12  
     RE: Episode #2: The Great American...   dajaki     07-14-09     13  
         RE: Episode #2: The Great American...   catsnotkids     07-17-09     14  
             RE: Episode #2: The Great American...   Loree     07-18-09     15  
   RE: Great American Road Trip   dragonflies     07-27-09     16  
   RE: Great American Road Trip   Estee     07-28-09     17  
     RE: Great American Road Trip   weltek     07-28-09     18  
         RE: Great American Road Trip   Estee     07-28-09     19  
     RE: Great American Road Trip   dajaki     07-28-09     20  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •