The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Unfair elimination of Momily"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Guidosucks 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guidosucks Click to send private message to Guidosucks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Unfair elimination of Momily"
I think the eliomination of Nancy and Emily was totally unfair. After all, team moron, I mean Guido had the fast forward and showed up last? hello, they should be the ones out not momily, it wouldn't have mattered if momily had ridden a donkey, they still would have gotten there before those chumps team Guido did. How lucky can a team get? That's all that has carried Guido this far, pure luck. the 24 hour penaly was so absurd. Frank and Margarite and the Guidos did the same thing leaving the train and using a cab in an earlier leg of the race and weren't penalized nearly as bad. and as far I saw, there penalties weren't ever enforced, they still left on the next leg of the race the place they came in on the previous one. Team Guido has been playing dirty and cheating since day one and they get to still be in it? They don't deserve to be in the race anymore and I literally screamed in shock the other night when Momily was eliminated so unfairly. Guido Sucks, Guido Sucks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... sittem 11-16-01 1
   RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... Cole 11-16-01 2
       RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... AmazingFan 11-16-01 3
       RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... AresMars 11-20-01 7
   RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... Loree 11-16-01 4
       RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... Denyse 11-17-01 5
 RE: The Unfair elimination of Momil... zeako 11-17-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-16-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
I'm no fan of the Guidos - ANYONE BUT GUIDO - is my motto. However, I believe there was a clarification of the rules in the middle of the race. When FM and Guidos took a different mode of transit than dictated I think the rule wasn't specific enough at the time and the directions were a bit open to interpretation. So they both got a slap on the wrist - they were penalized an hour or two, but that didn't affect their standing at the time. They just had to start later the next day.

In the time since then I believe the rules were clarified and all teams were advised specifically what a rule infraction would mean - maybe not how much they'd be penalized, but that it would be severe. So, when Momily did what they did, they knew if would probably take them out. I think the shock at the end was that they actually physically beat Guido and suddently their hopes were raised that maybe they wouldn't be gone after all.

Next season I think they'll be a little tighter on situations like this and the teams will be more prepared for bending rules.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-16-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
I'm no fan of the Guidos either, but I think the rules were in place long before the show. The Entertainment Weekly article mentioned that the rules for every kind of what-if scenario filled three thick binders.

The difference with Frangarita and the Guidos getting off the train in Bologna was that the clue could have been open to misinterpretation, it has said "take a train" but didn't necessarily say "take a train ALL THE WAY". I think if I had been in that situation and the train stopped and I thought it was quicker to get off, I may have done the same thing. We didn't see any of this, but it's quite possible they simply misinterpreted the clue. This is further evidenced by the fact that not one but two teams read the clue in this manner.

At that time, Emily had vehemently complained that "if it says to take a train, then you have to take the damn train". How ironic then that they chose to disobey the clue this time then. The clue said take a private car or bus, and there was no room for misinterpretation. I agree that the 24 hour time penalty seems harsh, but if the Guidos had done what Momily did, we would all be cheering (well many of us here anyway) and saying that they deserved it because they broke the rules.

It depends on perception. I have to believe that Momily was the production crew's sentimental favorite, and if any rules could have been bent, they would have been. They clearly circumvented the clue. While I am disappointed that Momily and not Guido was eliminated the other night, I am more disappointed that Momily threw in the towel so early.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
Nancy came right out and said to Emily "I don't care if we're disqualified", when she was whining about taking a cab. She didn't even say "maybe we'll get a time penalty" - she said "disqualified". I think they knew exactly what they were doing, they just didn't think it mattered anymore. They needed to go to Kanchanaburi just to find out where the pit stop was, so they took the shortest route there, which was by taxi. Mom just gave up and Emily went along with it. What's most frustrating about the whole thing is they didn't have to go for the FF - they had already caught up to others. It's not nice to see a team go out like that, especially this late in the race where you'd like to think any of the teams in last place would fight to the end on the off chance they might catch up to the others. There is a million dollars on the line after all.

I agree with the Festers, this final four that is left is going to be in a "brawl for it all". I don't think the Guidos will rest on their laurels again, Rob and Brennan have already announced that from here on in there will be no holds barred, the Festers have been going flat out for weeks now, and I can't see F/M ever giving up. I think we're going to see them all get really desperate from here on in. Despite whatever they thought of each other at the beginning of the race, they all must know that any of the four teams left are capable of winning it all.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
Using that interpetation does that mean Momily could have take a bus for 1 block and then hired a cab and only suffered a 2 hour penalty? Not. The producers didn't eliminate Team Jerk because they make good TV and will bend the rules to keep them as long as possible.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
The part that bothered me was how severe the penalty was to Momily. Yes they took a cab in stead of the private car or bus. They should have a time penalty. But they did go and complete the tiger challenge. They didn't just ride off to the final pit stop. The Grandparents completely ignored going up the Eiffel Tower on their one challenge. It clearly said they had to climb the tower steps. But they just ignored that and followed the others to the final pit stop. They were penalized a short amount that didn't even put them last. But they had not completed part of the challenge that was clearly stated. Why were they not given a 24 hour penalty?

Denyse 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-17-01, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denyse Click to send private message to Denyse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
hey..what's wrong with Guido?
They may actually win this thing..

go Guido!

& i'm not gay..

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Unfair elimination of Momily"
As I remember it, the train infraction by F&M and the Guidos cost them a time penalty "equivalent to the time they saved by taking the train." I believe the producers could have assessed a similar penalty to Nancy & Emily but saw better TV ratings with the evil Guidos still in the race.

As for the producers clarifying the rules after the train infraction, it sounds unfair. It would be like giving a player a two minute penalty for high-sticking in the first period of the game, changing the rules during the first intermission, then giving a player on the opposing team a game misconduct for the same infraction during the second period. Any changes in the way rules are interpreted and enforced should be done between and not during games.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •