The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ethan and mamakim defect???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

longhairhdrider 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-27-01, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail longhairhdrider Click to send private message to longhairhdrider Click to check IP address of the poster
"ethan and mamakim defect???"
hi all and im new to this board...if ethan ia thinking about winning the whole thing than he would be smart to take himself and mamakim and for an alliance with teresa and kimp...thus making himself the strongest player in an alliance and he would be able to pull off a colby and win the rest of the ic's thus enableing himself at least a final 2 and a minimum of $100,000....what do others think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? dabo 12-27-01 1
   RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? MDSkinner 12-27-01 2
       RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? longhairhdrider 12-27-01 3
           RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? MDSkinner 12-27-01 5
       RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? dabo 12-27-01 4
           RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? longhairhdrider 12-27-01 6
               RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? MDSkinner 12-27-01 8
       RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? lroy 12-27-01 7
           RE: ethan and mamakim defect??? Loree 12-27-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-27-01, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
Welcome to Blows. I've been saying for some time that trying to get one person to defect is not good strategy. It worked with Kelly because she had been cut loose, and it might have worked with Clarence for the same reason but it wasn't tried. It worked with Brandon, sort of, because he overthought the thing and intended to flipflop back to Samburu. But in essence Survivor is about teams, and buddies within teams, and about making decisions while accepting the risks of your decisions; so trying to get one person to defect who is solid in his/her team is just not usually anything you would have a chance of pulling off, you need to bring over a pair and take that risk to your own position within your team.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-27-01, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
I agree with you dabo, I think that defecting is not the smart move for anyone at this stage of the game, since if you do defect, then you are stacking the jury against you. At this stage I would wager that people like Mama Kim and Ethan are thinking more about winning the million than they are about defecting, and maybe getting no better than fourth. For that reason I think that to most of these people, Lex is looking more and more appealing. Kind of like Keith was in S2, Lex is seemingly the one that would give anyone the best chance to win the million. Colby was stupid, but I do not think that anyone else will make that mistake this year.

Defecting does not make a winner, and that has been proven time and time again.

12-27-01, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail longhairhdrider Click to send private message to longhairhdrider Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
well as we all learned from colby in s2....being nice doesnt get u the million either....so in not so sure u would want to take lex with u to the final 2.....the name of the game is to outwit outsmart outlast....and no matter how much of an ass lex is ( and i hope he does go this week ) he is doing all of the above mentioned 3 things it takes....anyways....i just opened this for a new topic...was getting sick of reading all the basically same topics in every thread...just trying to give this board another view...hopefully im right....but if im not...its still fun tryin to figure this whole damn thing out

12-27-01, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
<<well as we all learned from colby in s2....being nice doesnt get u the million either....so in not so sure u would want to take lex with u to the final 2.....>>

I am not so sure I agree with this, necessarily. I would say that Tina was nice to everyone last year, and that did get her the win. She was nice and stayed under the radar for the most part, and allowed Colby to drag her to the end. Colby was nice in that he took the person he should not have taken to the final two, which of course did not get him the million. I think it is very likely that if he would have taken Keith with him that he would have won the million, and it would not have made him any less "nice".

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-01, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
I agree that Lex is looking good as someone to be sitting next to in the final two, but I also think his unpredictability and intensity could prove his downfall even if no one wants him on the jury. It is a game and at this point the players have to be thinking about their chances to win and how to position themselves to get to the final two, but with Lex exercising so much control over things it becomes a question of who has security as long as he is around. Ethan might feel safe with Lex, perhaps Tom, but Kim J. probably does not and may influence them both against him. That could backfire on her, of course, but if the truth comes out about Teresa having voted for Lex in episode 7 rather than Kelly, the "manipulator" may score a takedown as OB drops another of their own out of the game. I don't think the women's alliance has a chance, really, but a rally against one player would give the other five the security of getting one step closer to a win. Well, we'll see tonight. Hope everyone enjoys the show.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

12-27-01, 12:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
tina definatly was NOT nice to everyone in s2...wasnt she the one who went thru kels personal belongings when the whole "beef jerky" incident happened?...and also she had said that mad dog was her friend and in the very same episode she voted her off....i was referring to colby being nice and taking tina with him into the final tc....dumbest move anybody could have made...i just think ethan and mamakim have the tightest alliance and with a little persuading from teresa they should consider abandoning the t/l/e/mk alliance and go with a t/kp/e/mk alliance...it would benefit them both if they were to make it to the final tc...mamakim would be foolish at this point in the game to not at least consider a final 3 versus a final 4 garuntee

12-27-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
The two instances that you gave of Tina being mean, were both before the merge and had ZERO impact on the jury. As to the people on the jury, you could argue that she was not nice to Jerri, when she went on her rampage toward Jerri, but because Jerri had a vendetta against Colby even that did not make a difference. There is virtually no one on the jury that had anything overly negative to say about Tina, because she had been nice to them. The people that voted for Colby all did so, simply because they felt he deserved to win(which he probably did). So I do think that Tina was nice to everyone, or at least everyone that counted.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
Part of me agrees with you whole-heartedly, that if you switch sides, you burn your bridges.
The part of me that disagrees says that the jury, in the past, voted on who played the game the best. Nobody liked Richard, although he didn’t betray anyone, but they still acknowledged that he played the game best.
I think a switch by Ethan and Kim wouldn’t win them any friends, but I do think that some of the jurors may just see it as a strategic move, especially if Etan and MK are the final two. Although with the emotional way this group is playing, any move is a crapshoot.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ethan and mamakim defect???"
If they can explain that it was for strategy I don't think they would have to lose votes for betrayal. Afterall they may gain the votes from the former Samburus who think they are now joining with Teresa and KimP to help them. Kelly already hates the Borans so she may feel kinder to the ones that defect to Samburus side. Tom and Lex would proabably be the only votes they would lose if Ethan and MamaKim left. Plus if they end up as the final 2 the jury has to vote for one of them. Plus at this point who knows who Lex will vote for. He seems so paranoid he will probably have the strangest reasons for who he gives his vote to.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •