The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-10-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Heard this on the local news last night. Found the article here.

California Couple Ticketed for Their Chickens Crossing the Road in Rural Mining Community

RIDGECREST, Calif. May 9, 2005 — Linc and Helena Moore may have finally learned the answer to that age-old question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because the chicken doesn't know jaywalking is illegal.

Kern County Sheriff's Deputy J. Nicholson does know, however. The deputy issued a ticket March 26 because one of the couple's chickens allegedly impeded traffic in Johannesburg, a rural mining community near Ridgecrest, some 220 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

The Moores were in Superior Court on Friday to plead not guilty. A trial was scheduled for May 16.

Nicholson has declined to discuss the matter, but sheriff's Sgt. Francis Moore said chickens on the roadway have been a problem in the community of 50 residents. Officials didn't believe it could be resolved by simply issuing the couple a warning.

"Sometimes you have to let people talk to the judge," Moore said.

The chicken's owners say they believe they were cited because they were among several people who complained that sheriff's deputies haven't done enough to control off-road vehicle riders who create dust and noise in their neighborhood.

Sheriff's officials say that isn't so, adding they are doing what they can to keep off-roaders away from homes.

"The chicken thing has nothing to do with the motorcycle thing," Moore said.

Heehee. Now tell us your favorite chicken crossing the road joke, or any variation thereof!

We also have chickens that roam free in our town. If you'll remember, Bruiser went and visited them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... txmomma26 05-10-05 1
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... newsomewayne 05-10-05 2
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... Superman 05-10-05 3
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... Bebo 05-10-05 4
   RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... newsomewayne 05-10-05 5
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... miamicatt 05-10-05 6
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... cqvenus 05-10-05 7
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... Surveysez 05-10-05 8
   RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... miamicatt 05-10-05 9
 RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... Swami 05-10-05 10
   RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... Superman 05-10-05 11
   RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing t... mysticwolf 05-10-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
As told to me by Rotten 1 this AM while driving to school:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because he wanted to.

SigPic by Syren

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. To prove to the possum it could be done.

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Shouldn't the first driver who stopped been charged with impeding traffic?

If it can be ran over? It isn't impeding anything.

It's Blog!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
But did she get to the other side?????????

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

...or a chicken!

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
LMAO! Did he actually hand the chicken the ticket? I'm gonna laugh about that all day.

On to the subject at hand:

He wanted to watch a man lay bricks.

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is. Bounce leads to happy, happy leads to joy, joy is a path to IceCat.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"

my sister is 14 yrs younger than i and she used to make up chicken jokes all the time that made absolutely no sense.

example

why did the chicken cross the road?

i don't know... why THIS time?

hey, look! dora's on!

~ cq

short attention span is a sign of genius, right?

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Why did the punk rocker cross the road? Cause his ear was stapled to a chicken.

Oddly enough, I listened to an interview with the chicken owner on the radio last night. They pled not quilty to a fifty some dollar ticket and will be going to court.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Your tax dollars at work!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
I have no chicken-crossing jokes, but it is goose crossing season in Minnesota. I think it is very entertaining when a gaggle of geese stop 3 to 4 lanes of traffic while they meander around, looking baffled and honking reassurance to each other.

Supes? Anyone running over a goose would have their license number written down by hoards of outraged goose-lovers, and probably be charged with some kind of wanton cruelty to animals thingie. Big fines. Lots of witnesses willing to testify.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
outraged goose-lovers

I saw that episode of South Park, too. No, wait...that was a chicken.

Ok, so what's a policeman to do in Minnesota?

Outraged goose lovers, obviously never have to get anywhere on time

It's Blog!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road"
Oh, worse than that. Canada Geese are protected species. Killing one out of season or by unapproved methods could result in Federal charges with big fines and possible jail time.

My chicken joke?
To keep from becoming a nugget.

(No joke, really. Our chicken, Paine, on his way to becoming someone's dinner, escaped from a stock truck stopped at the light. He crossed the road to get to my wooded yard. It was too cold for a 6 week old rooster to survive, so he's lived the past 5 years in a large cage in our living room next to our cockatoo. He gets free food, water, clean linen, toys, and likes to watch TV and terrorize the cats when I let him out to roam the room. I should live as well.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •