The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An ode to my Dad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An ode to my Dad"
I know it was just Mother's Day...but...

On Friday I'm leaving on vacation. A vacation I've had planned for over 6 months. 6 months ago things were much different around the Catt house, especially financially. Now I attempted to cancel this vacation because I realized it was going to take a toll, but it was going to cost me almost just as much money to cancel as it would to go and then I'd be getting nothing. So I'm going.

The other day I talked to my dad and he said to be sure and check my mail because he sent me a card (I have a tendancy to blow off getting the mail in a timely manner). Now I've gotten lots of cards from my folks since my small personal crisis began, so I was curious why this one was so important.

There was a card from him today and included in the card was a check. The card included specific instructions to use this money on my vacation because it is probably the last vacation I am going to have for a while and he wanted me to have a good time. My dad took money out of his hard-earned retirement fund to make sure that I enjoy my trip and escape this particular sh!tstorm just for a little while.

I'm flying home early so I can see the Star Wars movie with my dad. I debated on seeing it with my friend in D.C. (and he BEGGED me to), but I've seen every single Star Wars movie since I was 5 in the theater with my dad, so I thought I should see this one with him as well. Now I'm even happier that I made that decision.

This movie may suck (like *I* would ever say that) and critics far and wide may pan it, but for me this is going to be the BEST.MOVIE.EVER, not just because I love Star Wars, but because it will be a really cool moment with my dad.

The money is great, but the thought behind it is what touches me the most. I just wanted to take a minute to let all of OT know how awesome my dad really is, and how much he means to me. Thank you for listening friends, and threadjack away!

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: An ode to my Dad zombiebaby 05-09-05 1
   RE: An ode to my Dad miamicatt 05-09-05 8
       RE: An ode to my Dad zombiebaby 05-10-05 27
           RE: An ode to my Dad miamicatt 05-10-05 29
 RE: An ode to my Dad CantStandToLook 05-09-05 2
 RE: An ode to my Dad Schnookie Palookie 05-09-05 3
   RE: An ode to my Dad miamicatt 05-09-05 4
       RE: An ode to my Dad Schnookie Palookie 05-09-05 7
 RE: An ode to my Dad Dizwiz 05-09-05 5
   RE: An ode to my Dad miamicatt 05-09-05 6
 wah moonbaby 05-09-05 9
 RE: An ode to my Dad Seana 05-09-05 10
 RE: An ode to my Dad brvnkrz 05-09-05 11
   RE: An ode to my Dad Glow 05-10-05 19
 RE: An ode to my Dad mysticwolf 05-09-05 12
 RE: An ode to my Dad Puffy 05-09-05 13
 RE: An ode to my Dad frisky 05-09-05 14
 That's very un-Sith-like! IceCat 05-09-05 15
   RE: That's very un-Sith-like! frisky 05-09-05 17
   RE: That's very un-Sith-like! miamicatt 05-09-05 18
 RE: An ode to my Dad Silvergirl1 05-09-05 16
 RE: An ode to my Dad samboohoo 05-10-05 20
 *smooch* Breezy 05-10-05 21
   RE: *smooch* brvnkrz 05-10-05 22
       LMAO Breezy 05-10-05 23
 RE: An ode to my Dad AugustGirl 05-10-05 24
   RE: An ode to my Dad Silvergirl1 05-10-05 30
       RE: An ode to my Dad AugustGirl 05-10-05 32
 RE: An ode to my Dad greenmonstah 05-10-05 25
 RE: An ode to my Dad jkokoj 05-10-05 26
 RE: An ode to my Dad newsomewayne 05-10-05 28
   RE: An ode to my Dad ginger 05-10-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Really nice thooughts MC!

Enjoy your vacation and even more enjoy the movie with your dad. Sounds like you will be creating a very special memory with him. These moments with loved ones become even more precious with time.

Do you think he will buy you some Goobers too?

05-09-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
My mom is coming with us this time too, which will be funny because she doesn't know jack squat about Star Wars.

And on top that? She's afraid of lava. Lava plays a big part in this film...I'm sure my dad and I are going to get a good laugh out of that. It's going to be a lot of un. My poor mom.

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
How does one become afraid of lava? I mean if you are not really around a lot of active volcano is it that much of a worry?

Hmmm...things that make you go hmmm...

I for one am very optimistic that this will be a good film. I can't wait. We are going opening day to the early show(hopefully)!

05-10-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
29. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
LOL! I don't know but for some reason lava just freaks her out. To quote her: "running down the street with your butt on fire has got to be the worst way to die."

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Have a great time on your trip PKitty. You definitely deserve it. I'd say your card was almost like an episode of Trading Spouse , say hi to your new daddy..but it's your old daddy..hehe.

My eyes!! My eyes!! Bounced by Icecat

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Your dad is wonderful Catt! I agree with him ... you do deserve to enoy your vacation. Have a great time. *HUGS*

Thanks IceCat & RollDdice

05-09-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
4. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
You have a red-wavy thingie too!!!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Yay! I lvoe red wavy flags!

Now yours is waving

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Hey, is that a red wavy flag thingy up there?

05-09-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Why I think it is! Now you and Nookie both have one! It's red wavy day -- wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "wah"
Well I'm all verklempt now and I'm not being sarcastic or joking. I was going to write "what a nice nice thing he did" but that doesn't even cover it! He is the sweetest dad and you are a much loved daughter!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
That's so sweet, MiamiCatt. How wonderful to have a supportive family. Hope you have a great trip.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

*smooch*
And that is where I will leave it because I have a hard time not making smartass remarks in moments like this. But this one deserves more than a smartass remark.

We'll toast your Pops Friday Night

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
*hugs* Catt. Dads are awesome.

umm. Friday?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Sounds like you have a dad like my dad and like my FIL. They're the best kind! We don't have either of them around anymore. Please give yours a special hug and kiss. Enjoy the time with him. {hugs} to you both.

May the force be with you both!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Good to hear some fantabulous news, Catt. Have fun on your vacation and at the movies!

My Daddy is the bestest, though.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
What a nice daddy and what a nice kitty you are for appreciating him. *headbutt*

Oh, and by the way, it's "cheque."

The world is my litterbox.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "That's very un-Sith-like!"

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: That's very un-Sith-like!"
Um, I guess this means she can beat me up now.

The world is my litterbox.
That is SOOO catt!

05-09-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: That's very un-Sith-like!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-05 AT 01:18 AM (EST)

You are lucky I don't crush your trachea for making me "mist up"!!!!!

Thank you Icey...this is just, well it's just the best. I love it so much. Thank you.

ETA: gotdam I look hot in that helmet! oooh!

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is. And bouncey leads to happy, happy leads to joy, joy leads to IceCat.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: An ode to my Dad"

I'm glad you have such a wonderful dad who is helping you out financially. Have a great vacation and forget all your worries, or at least try to forget them.

IceCat is a genius, but you already knew that.

Silvergirl
{{{Hugs}}}
Life is Good!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
That is such an awesome story, Catt. I wish you a safe, happy trip.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "*smooch*"
Yay for Dads!!! Sounds like you have wonderful and supportive parents Catt.

FYI this morning on the radio I heard that III is THE best Star Wars movie. I guess the ending will make you cry. *grin*

Ack! Just remembered another thing I need to pack. *grin*

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: *smooch*"
your light saber?

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "LMAO"
Ummm no I sold that. But I do have a new fancy light saber spoon.

shhhhhh it's a surprise for MCatt.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Awwww, what a great thing your Dad did. *big hugs to Catt's Dad*

My dad is the same way. Yay for Dads!

We'll toast our Dads on Saturday! YAY!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: An ode to my Dad"

Hey, Girl, I can't believe I get to see you again Saturday!

Silvergirl
Maybe we should schedule this every month?
Life is Good!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Hi! We are going to have too much fun! Can't wait to see you again.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Very sweet! Enjoy your vacation and your Dad time.

You deserve it

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-10-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
That is great Catt!! I always went to the movies with my dad as a kid too! I miss doing that...

Have fun on vacation and the movies!

courtesy of RollDdice

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
What a wonderful story, all the way through. It sounds like you've got a great Dad. Awesome. You're sweet for recognizing this and appreciating what you've got. I'm happy for you.

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: An ode to my Dad"
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Such a nice Dad. All I can really say is Awwwwwwwwwwwww. See you soon!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •