The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP10 Hindsight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-21-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP10 Hindsight"
Congratulations to all those who correctly picked Frank this week!

This is the place for those who picked correctly to bask in their glory and those of us who picked incorrectly to lick our wounds and try to learn from our mistakes.

Overall I think we expected the Boran to vote out a Samburu and it came down to Frank vs KimP. So which interpretations worked and which didn't?

Did we see Franks "selfless blessing" or was it just inferred?

Why did Outfrontgirl make a convincing arguement that Frank goes this week, only to vote for KimP.

Why is Occam's Razor really a double edged sword?

Does MB visit the boards to select his previews or are we just as paranoid as Ethan?

Should we trust Insiderclips or should we just flip a coin?

Share the moment of brilliance that led you to select Frank or the self doubt that led you astray at the last moment...

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ouch AyaK 12-21-01 1
   RE: Ouch SurvivinDawg 12-21-01 3
 RE: EP10 Hindsight Outfrontgirl 12-21-01 2
 Bask bask, Gloat gloat Afreaqua 12-21-01 4
   Frank's blessing, NRA rant, etc. Swami 12-21-01 5
 RE: EP10 Hindsight TheWanderer 12-21-01 6
 WooHoo! That makes me 6-5. Sexy Spearchucker 12-23-01 7
 Friggin thoughts... Slacker 12-24-01 8
   The Heart of Mamakim Rose Red 12-24-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-01, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ouch"
Well, I take a major part of the blame this week. I was still trying to rationalize Ethan's vote for Kelly two episodes ago, and I came up with this theory that Ethan and Mama Kim were much closer to the two OFA members in their tribe than we knew. From there, everything else fit.

But the main problem was two-fold. First, despite OFG's comments elsewhere, MB has NEVER waived a bootee in our faces after the tribal merger. The obvious boots have always been early (Dirk, Debb, Kimmi, Diane, Linda, Lindsey). So, when he threw in the clips of Frank being obnoxious, alarm bells went off in my head. And then there was a clip in Insider of Frank talking about the fact that he was next! There has never been anything like that in Insider that has proven to be true. Well, never UNTIL NOW.

Last week, I picked Frank to be booted instead of Brandon because it made more sense in the game logic, although it didn't fit with the "reverse psychology" factors -- and Brandon got booted. This week, I picked Kim P. to be booted instead of Frank because it made more sense in the "reverse psychology" factors, although it was unclear which made more sense in terms of game logic -- and Frank got booted.

Next week I think it's clearly Kim P.'s turn to go; there shouldn't be much debate. After that, I think it will be either T-bird or Lex. My advice: wait to see which one I pick (right now, it would be Lex), and then pick the other one. Remember, I picked Kelly to win S1 (she finished second) and Colby to win S2 (ditto). Just call me Mr. Almost Right.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-01, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ouch"
We missed a big clue, AK, one that we got last year with Jerri: Kelly and Brandon's comments, obviously coached by MB, were efforts to REDEEM Frank for the upcoming exit interviews.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-01, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP10 Hindsight"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 04:12 AM (EST)

Hi again Krautboy! How is that crow served tonight? Medium well?

>>Why did Outfrontgirl make a convincing arguement that Frank goes this week, only to vote for KimP.

Easy. Other people made convincing arguments that I was wrong and I am an open-minded fence-sitting waffler!

Although I never got the answers I wanted about the game logic, I convinced myself there was some logic for Kim P, and the #1 reason I switched was the Survivor Insider Clips that AyaK mentioned. I agree, the like has not been seen in the land after the merge!

Here is the post/thread where I made my case for Frank:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1990.shtml

And here is an excerpt where I should have believed in myself more:
-------------------------------
Burnett can only edit with what actually transpired.
Say Frank DID get booted in Ep 10. Frank was the obvious Boran target for both Lex and Ethan (as I believe), and Frank failed to win immunity (as odds would have it).

Is there really much Burnett could have done to hide the obvious, other than to fool us by making it look too obvious?

With Lex last time, Lex did escape because he did win immunity, but what do you do if that doesn't work out? Could Burnett have hidden Lex's desire to boot Frank in the process of telling the story in Ep 9? I would say--NO, that was integral to the story.

Remember how Alicia was the obvious target in Ep 8 if she didn't win immunity, and then she didn't, not even close? So she got booted? That was a case of the obvious where people gambled she would win IC in order to justify picking someone else. That MAY be what's going on this week with Frank and Kim Powers.
------------------------------------

AyaK disagrees with me that Alicia's boot was obvious unless she won IC, which is fine. I thought that between the Ogie majority, her pole-standing exhibition, and Nick's lassitude that she was obvious, and I DID vote for Nick, gambling on Alicia winning IC, and was fooled.

However, I completely agree with AyaK that that example doesn't begin to compare to this one in over-the-top bludgeoning with the obvious. Also, that was barely post-merge.

The Anti-Insider theory tanked. The idea that no successful strategy is ever shown (per Shakes) still holds, because the vote came out differently than had ever been hinted.

No one seemed to think (myself included) that Teresa would pull a Clinton with the English language and say this isn't Betrayal it's Strategy. I thought Teresa would stick to her alliance and not throw her vote towards Frank.
(And no, I saw no selfless blessing!)

So please pass the crow, and someone please say a blessing that we fare better next week... hopefully Kim P leaves and packs the not-gonna-happen women's alliance along with her snuffed torch.

Special shout-out to DALTON for sticking to her guns and voting for Frank after I tried my darndest to convince her the runaway train for Kim P was on the right track.

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-21-01, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Bask bask, Gloat gloat"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

Well, Frank was my alternate (if Lex got immunity).

What WAS the selfless blessing??? Maybe Frank knew that Theresa was going distance herself from him and said it was OK...Maybe that was why he got rather emotional watching his last sunset. Theresa made it clear that she was unhappy with Frank spewing his right wing rhetoric. Tom probably....doesn't mind it, they are two peas in a pod in that way...but he's already IN a strong alliance....but it was so obvious that the others were really incomfortable. So Theresa probably felt that sticking with Frank might be harmful. My "gut" tells me that Theresa is the one to go next week anyway. I could change my mind.

I KNOW!....for this week, we should post our predictions in 2 places...What our heads logically tells us and then what our gut tells us.

Next week will be harder to predict. It could be Kim P (based on the "friends on the jury thing") Then again it COULD be Theresa....with her "truth be told"....but THEN...it could be Lex though getting more unlikely. If I were in Boran I might still vote for Lex...a four person alliance is still too many. HowEVER, I wouldn't want either Ethan, Tom or even Momma Kim with me in the final 2...Lex is a big enough jerk (this year's Keith?) for someone to decide to string him along with them til the final 2.

>edited to correct an annoying typo

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Frank's blessing, NRA rant, etc."
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

I think when Frank gave his NRA rant, he already knew he was a goner. It was the best way he came up with to publicly let Teresa distance herself from him. He said stupid things he knew would annoy E, L & MK, and Teresa told him to shut up & enough already. It was pretty lame, but maybe the best they could come up with to justify her voting for him as anything other than self-serving strategy.

I don't think this fooled anybody, but it was a fig leaf to cover Teresa's betraying vote. Betrayal is a big no-no in this group. But Teresa had to vote for Frank because if she voted for anyone else on Boran, she would paint the target on her back even bigger. She did her best in a no-win situation.

Frank said on the CBS morning show that he told Teresa to vote for him, although her gripping Frank's shoulders while crying after the vote make the 'blessing' obvious, to viewers & players both.

Swami, who picked Frank not KimP.

edited to add: I don't think its KimP this week either. Tom may be toast but I still need more info.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-21-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP10 Hindsight"
...and then there were six. While driving home from a dental appointment yesterday afternoon, Iwas listen to a L.A. talk radio station (97.1 - KLSX) and the hosts (Frosty, Heidi and Frank) had a call from Brandon. The content of the conversation was less than exiciting. What was interesting, was that he was visitng with Kelly in her parents' condo in Santa Monica.
It's interesting that htose two were hanging out. They must've gotten close on the jury. Which now lends credence to Kelly developing a whole new perspective on Frank.
Although I should wait for more teasers provided by subscribers to SI and the changing sound bites from CBS, I'll go out on a limb right now and cast my vote for Teresa being booted next episode. I don't believe that Teresa realized that by suggesting to MammaKim that they vote our Ethan, was tantamount to suggesting they kill her only child (Ethan). This strategy for an all female alliance which comes up again in the next episode will die a quick death with the demise of Teresa. The F5 will be Ethan, Kim J, Kim P, Lex and Tom.
I think MB is building up Lex to appear invincible. Boy is he (Lex) going to fall hard!

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-23-01, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to send private message to Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "WooHoo! That makes me 6-5."
I really believe this board was overspeculating with Kim P as the pick. It should be simple from here on out unless MB throws another curve ball into the mix.

OB will continue to pick off the OS. Teresa is next, KimP will be after that.

Sexy Spearchucker

Slacker 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-24-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Slacker Click to send private message to Slacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Friggin thoughts..."
In the Spoiling Safari game I play under the name Friggin (my old MBTV handle) and I have somehow stumbled into a tie for 4th place with 7250 points! I had no doubt Frank was gone this week, but I messed up on the IC. I had a strong feeling Lex would win it, but I was influenced by the majority belief that KimP would be booted this week. I didn't agree with KimP as the favourite bootee, but I respected the general consensus enough to pick her as the IC winner and thus legitimize Frank as the next obvious pick. Well, I shoulda gone with my 'gut' and picked Lex as the IC winner but, hey, whatever Next week I'm gonna go with the feeling I have a couple of inches below my gut and pick KimP to stay a little bit longer. Wishful thinking? Perhaps.

But tonight I am leaning toward KimJ getting the boot in the next show. Her usefulness in the LET alliance is over, and she may be perceived as a wild card by the guys, so she is expendable. And if she keeps telling them that T/Kimp are working her vote, they may get a little suspicious and question her trustworthiness. LET was more than willing to vote her off earlier in the series so I don't see why that sentiment would change much. I have also discounted the idea that KimJ would truly join the Samburu women, I just don't think she has the cojones. As KimJ herself pointed out, whoever is perceived as a manipulator (right or wrong) gets the bullseye painted on their back (lately it has been Brandon and Kelly). Kim Johnson has suddenly been thrust into the position as a swing vote and I think that it might cost her.

LET would still have a numerical advantage over Tbird and KimP (and a physical one in challenges), so losing Old Kim wouldn't make much difference. If they all agree to boot her now, they would ALL look bad in voting her off (and not just one of them if it got down to the final 3 or 4). This way her Jury vote would not be determined by the machinations of the Endgame, but would leave it more nebulous and indiscriminate. Besides, it is not like she really deserves to slip into the finals. Then, barring any immunity challenge surprises, the guys would vote off the remaining Samburu women and finish of the game exactly as they had hoped in the beginning when they originally formed their alliance. Get down to the final 3 and 'may the best man win'. Anyway, I'm still working on this theory, but it works for me right now...of course, I have had a few christmas cocktails;)

Anyway, good luck with your picks this week and enjoy the holidays!

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-24-01, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The Heart of Mamakim"
Except, except, except...there's that friggin' dust devil which is a spoiler, I'm sorry, indicating that the voting switches from Samburu to a BORON. Which could be ANY of the four of them at this point, although with the tie-breaker this week it's gotta be Tom or Lex.

Mamakim's heart must be poundin' a mile a minute now. T-Bird HAS thrust her into a Kelly-like no-win situation. As you say, the guys may want her gone now. She's becoming expendable. But isn't it more dangerous to get rid of her and face the unknown Kim P. and the VERY wily Teresa?

What is MK's relationship with each of them? She loves Ethan. She likes Tom. And she doesn't trust Lex. She also is wise enough to know that the L/E/T is about to self-destruct at any moment. Probably in the next episode, and she may help them along in this. If she's gonna strike at any moment, it has to be NOW. Will the men stick together? Well, they ALSO have no choice.

It all depends on the immunity win. Being shown Lex's Skull Torch with the Immunity Whoppe Cushion around it AGAIN, makes me think that now that that shot is a red herring.

Or my name isn't Rose Red(Herring).

Also, the new vid caps show, at a great distance, Mr. Jim Bean himself, Tom, in the safari wagon with someone much slimmer in a navy blue shirt which would be either Ethan or Teresa - out on the greatest RC of the entire series, the overnighter/balloon trip. This is the one determined by the votes of the contestants smart family at home about Africa. Ethan OR Teresa's family could win this for them. Last year it was Tina.

And either Ethan or Teresa takes Tom, strategically. Well, Ethan WOULD take Tom. He took Lex on the goat RC last time. Now, being the fair guy that he is he'd take someone different so as not to doom himself to a Jerri/Amber twosome. And look at how happy he and Tom seemed in that recent hometown photo of the two of them.They looked like they shared something wondeful. It could be this splendiferous RC.

I would also like to point out that Tom hasn't invited ANY of the other contestants to his real-life farm so far, that we know of. Only Ethan. It doesn't mean that they win. It could simply be that they go on this FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbulous RC together. Tom with his bourbon, and Ethan with - well, whatever.

Boy, does this show need this visual break! Africa hasn't looked too appetizing so far as a destination, I have to say. So this is the episode where EPMB pays a visual homage to the dark continent by making it look as spectacularly beautiful as many, many films have done, BUT NOT THIS SERIES SO FAR.

Meanwhile, back at camp, Lex and the remaining women plot and scheme to get rid of the two on the trip. OR it's Tom and Teresa on the trip, and the same logic applies. But wouldn't she take MK with her, strategically? With horndog Tom, she'd be just asking for trouble. Of course, Tom could pick HER.

And she has to go.

At any rate, I don't see Kim P. involved in this one, and the boards are going crazy(but not this one) speculating that she's the winner, or she makes it to the final two. As improbable as this seems. EPMB hid her, like he Tina. And she was evidently given beaucoup face time in the THREE different commercials that aired Saturday during CBS football. This could be EPMB desparately trying to establish her as A CHARACTER on this series, where he has hid her so much, she might as well be in "Harry Potter"s Cloak of Invisiblity.

These THREE different commercials also makes me think that something HUGE is gonna happen this Ep. and not just pagonging. And there's that dust devil....

Kimpy doesn't look like the brightest bulb on the Survivor Africa Christmas tree, but she does seem LIKABLE. Like Elizabeth. Well, Elizabeth's likability factor got her to FOUR, then she was gone. I thought this board went a little wacky this week thinking she was going. I saw no reason for this except that dread spoiling disease - OVER-speculation.

I picked Frank, and I also picked Clarence, but didn't post it as a separate vote. I got Diane, Linda and Lindsey. But not the rest of them. So that's five out of ten, which s**ks, actually.

I've been leaning towards Tom or Lex now to go next for quite a while. That immunity necklace around the skull AGAIN. Now that we've all been shown this a second time, we all know what it meant before, and I think it means something different now. Before, it was against a backdrop of a time-lapsed photography -sky with the clouds flying past it. Indicating that the SkullTorch and Immunity Neckace were going to stay together for quite some time, which they did. TWO WEEKS in a row now.

This time, it's like the Skull/Torch/Necklace is caught in a trap. It's stationary. Signifying the END of Lex? We are also shown his claypot EXPLODING. Of course, this could also mean he DOESN'T go. Applying the OFG theory, the person who is protrayed to be losing, doesn't.

This would be exploding pot(head) Lex or Ethan, looking stressed and kicking Tom in his big country a**. A throwing and aiming challenge Ethan could EASILY win. I think that's why MB chose it. It plays to a strength of Ethan's, taking aim, and hitting something. But then we see him WITHOUT the Immunity Necklace on his way to what seems to be the next Tribal Council with the Kims. None of them wearing the necklace. But, Bungler, maybe this isn't the TC march? It's daylight. Don't they go to the TC at night. A daylight TC just WOULDN't be sinister enough. The firelight, etc. adding tons of visuals to it.
It seems to indicate Tom or Lex or Teresa have the imunnity necklace. But do they? And why is he showing us those three without it? They vote TOGETHER?

Also, in Tom and Ethan's(or Teresa') absence the Kims and co. decide to vote off one of the men with votes, that would be either Tom or Lex. Ethan has none. But then Lex wins immunity. And they HAVE to vote off Tom.

Tom has his bourbon. He's had his safari, his plane ride AND his balloon ride(it looks like). I think ONE of the two people who go on this are gonna get it. And I think if its not Teresa who goes with Tom, but Ethan, Teresa will have a whole 24 hours to talk MK into the Women's Alliance, and without Ethan around that day, she might begin to see the advantage of taking action against the men NOW when there's an even-numbered TC. Hence, MK gloating "This is gonna be an unforgettable tribal council." Yeah, for the first time Mamakim is in a power position. In other words, the Dust Devil foretold correctly. The tribal voting changes, and the women seize power! Yea!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •