The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-20-01, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor

{Jeff Probst} Teresa pushes the all-girl alliance.

{Teresa} I realy don't want to see the guys come down to the end.

{Teresa's kids} Bye, mom!

{Teresa, crying} Bye, babies.

{Jeff Probst} The members of MotoMaji get videos from home.

{Jeff Probst} And the winner of the Reward Challenge...

{Jeff Probst} ...gets the trip of a lifetime.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Afreaqua 12-20-01 1
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps SurvivorBlows 12-20-01 2
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Naked 12-20-01 3
   ROFL! AyaK 12-20-01 5
 Dude! IceCat 12-20-01 4
   RE: Dude! dabo 12-20-01 7
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps s_man 12-20-01 6
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps dabo 12-20-01 8
 CBS Website Written Preview Outfrontgirl 12-21-01 9
 bump dabo 12-22-01 10
   face time Outfrontgirl 12-22-01 11
       RE: face time Rose Red 12-23-01 13
 RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-22-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-01, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Wow! You're fast too!!! Nice job!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-01, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks Bungler, great work as always.

It looks like the RC definitely involves a air-travel ride of some sort -- my guess would be a maybe a short plane ride to a hot area balloon and than a balloon ride over the area.

Maybe the balloon ride starts 100 miles or so west of the campsite and then ends and lands somewhere near the camp.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-20-01, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Looks like RC is going to be a trip of some sort. With the shots of family at the begining of the sequence, I would venture to guess that the winner would go on this Hot air ballon trip with a member of their family. I think that I see some family resembalance in the bottom left hand corner of Pic #10 to Theresa. Anyone else see it?
Naked

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "ROFL!"
Yep, looks just like her!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Dude!"
Damn yer fast!...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dude!"
Must be his Nova Scotia feed, eh! Excellent vidcapping there, dewd.

Anyway, I just got to say it: Wow, a hot air balloon, Finally! I've been waiting to see one of those since the start of S2. Unfortunately, it probably is part of the reward rather than part of a bungee immunity competition.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
B,

Just a big THANK YOU (not in a psycho-Linda way thats fer sure) for the work on vic clips. I don't get to see the commercials, and your work sure helps.

12-20-01, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
Getting down to spoiling/speculating, with the videos from home combined with the reward involving a trip of a lifetime, it looks to me that MB may have combined "reminder from home" and "visit from home" into one episode. If that happens the ic will be pushed back to the same day as tc.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "CBS Website Written Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-01 AT 02:55 AM (EST)

This may answer some of the questions above (numbering mine):

1) One person wins a day and night away at a magnificent safari and gets to invite another to join. Together, thanks to a little bourbon, they have an incredibly memorable time.

2) The tribe members get to know each other a little better through their respective families, who participate in a challenge.

3) One tribe member attempts to form an alliance along gender lines. Only the votes will reveal whether this plan has worked. Will it?

-------------------------------
1) Reward confirmed as safari.
Second MM will go along, and not just for breakfast like Hatch.

There could possibly be a family member visit; it was just done in the Marquesas in this episode.

Whether or not family joins, two people will be absent for a day and a night--leaving lots of time for scheming and resentment about not being picked to go along.

Bourbon--I suppose anyone would enjoy it, especially Tom. We saw what a beer did to him. Ethan doesn't seem like a drinker. He ordered soda in the last reward, when Lex had beer.
There's no real hint whether this is same sex or mixed, but there's none of the date/honeymoon hype, so maybe it's same sex.

2) Looks like the family videos may actually be part of the challenge. Sounds like the internet interactive challenge, but I thought another preview said videos. Maybe it's both. In any case it says the families participate, and it sounds non-physical, memory-related. Everyone cries and shows they are decent human beings with people who really love them, even Lex.

3) We already know Teresa tries to form a female alliance.
Only the votes will tell--suspense, yawn, I mean suspense.
The question Will it? Has it EVER happened when posed as a hypothetical like that?

Note on last preview:
Once again, a major point (the selfless blessing) disappeared from the show. I find this EXTREMELY tiresome and sloppy!
(Correct me if I missed this major plot point please.)

Thanks Bungler!!!
Pssst. That's not Teresa's kin, that's Kim J's twin sister...

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

12-22-01, 02:01 AM (EST)
10. "bump"
just getting this back on page 1.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-01, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "face time"
Looks like Kim J and Teresa are finally going to get enough face time to qualify as actually appearing in this show.

We should remember that all the Final 4 should have a good amount of Face time so the public comes to know them.
I don't see the above face time as a boot indicator--they have had so little before, and NOW they are finally getting into the action and putting their stories into gear.

For me face time for the bootee works best in the prior episode. If Burnett overdoes it in the boot episode it gets too obvious who's going, although he did show the "softer" Frank with the sunrise last time, and that was so obvious a rehab it was as if he'd decided to make the bootee crystal clear...

I think LilKim had the most gratuitous face time last time. She did little or nothing of strategic interest--just bathing, the auction, confessional on Frank, on Brandon. She's ready for the road by now for sure, whereas going into this episode Teresa is still not fully developed as a character, nor is MamaKim.

Looking back at Frank, the prior episode to his boot he had the Brandon date plus the strategy with Tom, but the Lex rant and Brandon confessional.

I suppose we'll get zip on the IC this week. I'm thinking Teresa really, really needs it, and could pull it off.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-01, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: face time"
Merry Christmas to you and yours, OFG! I hope whereever you may be there is more happiness than here in New York where 9/11 is still casting its grim shadow over just about everything -

EXCEPT SPOILING! So...

>Looks like Kim J and Teresa
>are finally going to get
>enough face time to qualify
>as actually appearing in this
>show.

EPMB has REALLY held ALL these three women back -until now- Just look at the new caps! The public is probably going - WHO? at this point. It's like he just introduced four new characters on this past Ep. the Kims, Teresa, and Ethan. Who all now seem to have gained the ability to star in SOUND FILMS, as opposed to being Silent Film(or TV) stars, which is what they've been up to this point. Why? I'm sure we're gonna find out a big reason for this AND SOON. We better or he'll have wasted ALL our times. Ours and the contestants...

>We should remember that all the
>Final 4 should have a
>good amount of Face time
>so the public comes to
>know them.
>I don't see the above face
>time as a boot indicator--they
>have had so little before,
>and NOW they are finally
>getting into the action and
>putting their stories into gear.
>
AGREED.But what an odd way to engage the public? EPMB has the hubris of a Coriolanus. I swear. He just ASSUMES that America will have been gripped up to this point- almost the end of the series - to find out WHO WE'VE REALLY BEEN(not) WATCHING this season.

>>I think LilKim had the most
>gratuitous face time last time.
> She did little or
>nothing of strategic interest--just bathing,
>the auction, confessional on Frank,
>on Brandon.

No, I think her interacting with the men, especially Tom and Ethan is going to prove crucial. I think the Max Sennett Bathing Beauty scene is going to turn out to be foreshadowing of something that may happen this week if Bourbon-lovin' Tom goes on an overnighter with one of the women.
This may set the stage for his downfall. It's Shakespeare again. This time with Tom as FALSTAFF. It's the Merrie Wives of the Savannah!

>>I suppose we'll get zip on
>the IC this week.
>I'm thinking Teresa really, really
>needs it, and could pull
>it off.

Well, OFG, the new vidcaps, which are here below are extensive and revealing. Sort of.
It's a recycling of the plates and slingshots IC of S2. Except this time it's small clay pots with the Survivors' names on them. They seem to have to hit them with a ball and chain kinda thingamabob...

The promo is edited to make it look like Ethan loses this, although we know how good a take-aim-and-fire kinda guy he is. Ethen is nothing is not well-co-ordinated. He knocked a coconut out of tall palm tree with just one rock, when Tom and Clarence took HOURS to get one down. He also aced the bow and arrow IC, never having shot one before.

But applying the OFG theory, which if I understand it, is that whomsoever is featured as the loser in the promo, won't be. So therefore Ethan is again safe this week, because it looks like he's kicking Tom for winnning.(A symbolic boot? Indicating he's kicking Tom's fat A** Out of Africa?)

Tom also seems to be boasting that "Every dawg will have his day,"making it seem like he's referring to his WINNING the IC. But that quote could come from earlier in the show, like he's bragging about what a great time he had on the RC - on the plane on the balloon, with the bourbon, with whichever woman he takes. I dunno, maybe he strategically takes ETHAN!

Lex's skulltorch is again surrounded by the Immunity Necklace. ANOTHER red herring? Or fact? I think it's a red herring or my name isn't---

Rose Red(Herring)

PS.If Lex wins AGAIN, I think Tom goes. His story is WAY complete. And the HUGE Dust Devil last ep. indicates a HUGE change in the tribal voting pattern. So this time a Boron will go. Tom or Lex, and it's a tie-breaker. Or maybe the Dust Devil was foreshadowing the Women's Alliance taking over! MK is even seen SAYING "There's three of us, and three of them." WHOA!

Of course, as you say, every time he shows us a hypothetical, it doesn't happen. But this time it just might. We don't know these women the way we know these men. And EPMB is just getting to that point of showing us everything - like with Frank- and believing that we won't believe the obvious. A cigar is just a cigar. The women DO take over. WOW!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 11 Preview Vidcaps"
This one is MAJORLY graphics intensive. Once I post these, I'll move the pertinent pics to Immunity and Reward-related topics, so it doesn't take you twenty minutes to look at this one topic.

{Announcer} Six Survivors remain

{Announcer} Three episodes left

{Ethan, disgusted} What??!!
{Other Survivors} Ahh...

{Announcer} CBS Thursday

{Announcer} Someone's going to get the African safari of a lifetime

{Announcer} And someone's going to get...

{Announcer} ...the boot.

{Tom} Every dog has his day.

{Announcer} Will it be the women...

{Mama Kim} There's three of us...

{Announcer} ...versus the men...

{Mama Kim} ...three of them.

{Announcer} ...in a knock down...

{Announcer} ...drag out...

{Lex} You hit me, Tom!

{Announcer} ...tribal council vote.

{Kim P.} Oh my god, are you kidding me?

{Announcer} Don't miss an all new Survivor Africa, CBS Thursday.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •