The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Truth Be Told"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-01, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Truth Be Told"
According to TV Guide Online--"Truth Be Told" is the title for E12 on Jan. 3. Any thoughts on what it might mean?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Truth Be Told NorthOfBoston 12-20-01 1
 RE: Truth Be Told PepeLePew13 12-20-01 2
   RE: Truth Be Told starshyn99 12-20-01 3
       RE: Truth Be Told heymikey 12-20-01 8
   RE: Truth Be Told Loree 12-20-01 4
       RE: Truth Be Told Weems 12-20-01 5
 Lex Boot in EP12? Krautboy 12-20-01 6
   RE: Lex Boot in EP12? Afreaqua 12-20-01 7
   RE: Lex Boot in EP12? NorthOfBoston 12-28-01 10
 RE: Truth Be Told Krautboy 12-28-01 9
 RE: Truth Be Told Cin 12-28-01 11
   RE: Truth Be Told dangerkitty 12-28-01 12
       RE: Truth Be Told TheWanderer 12-28-01 13
           RE: Truth Be Told Lisapooh 12-28-01 14
               RE: Truth Be Told Bebo 12-28-01 15
                   RE: Truth Be Told Lisapooh 12-28-01 18
                       RE: Truth Be Told PepeLePew13 12-28-01 23
 RE: Truth Be Told SurvivorBlows 12-28-01 16
   RE: Truth Be Told TheWanderer 12-28-01 17
 RE: Truth Be Told zzz 12-28-01 19
   RE: Truth Be Told kuchakor 12-28-01 20
 RE: Truth Be Told Bebo 12-28-01 21
 Maybe MB will finally give us somet... Sexy Spearchucker 12-28-01 22
   RE: Maybe MB will finally give us s... ADKer 12-28-01 24
       RE: Maybe MB will finally give us s... kuchakor 12-28-01 25
           RE: Maybe MB will finally give us s... ADKer 12-28-01 28
 RE: Truth Be Told Serendipity 12-28-01 26
   One little thing... dangerkitty 12-28-01 27
       RE: One little thing... Serendipity 12-29-01 29
           Meanwhile, back at the Lodge Rose Red 12-29-01 30
               RE: Meanwhile, back at the Lodge janisella 12-29-01 31
               RE: Meanwhile, back at the Lodge drich61 12-29-01 32
 Bump PepeLePew13 01-02-02 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-01, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Maybe if Lex survives tonight and next week, he finally finds out in episode 12 that Teresa is the one who really voted for him. Also, if Tom and Ethan are still around, perhaps they confront him about his paranoia and its possible detriment to their final four's chances of winning.

Then again, it could just be a reference to some stupid RC that MB cooked up. Maybe that's why the clips of "Let's play 'Truth!' I've never. . ." were shown ad nauseum during the merge episode; it was his own little foreshadowing. Tricky MB

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Truth Be Told"
I'm also leaning towards to this meaning that Teresa finally tells Lex/Tom/mKim/Ethan that it was her that voted for Lex. She gets told that she will be the boot here and decides she has nothing to lose so she reveals it in a desperate hope to turn the other 3 OldBorans against Lex (assuming Frank and Kim P. already has gone).

Teresa getting the boot here on Day 36 would also make it more likely that she is able to keep her vote from Kelly so Kelly never finds out until she gets back to the USA. By this time, things are pretty frantic with bootees coming each of the next two days before the final TC.

The other possibility alluded to in the first post above also is a good suggestion -- a confrontation between Lex and the other OBs, i.e. "Truth be told, you are losing it so you have to go, Lex."

For all we know, it could be something as simple as Tom saying "Truth be told, I'd like to show you what I do with the goats" to Teresa or Kim P.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."
Frank Garrison, Dec. 13/01

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Truth Be Told"
You could also look at it on the other side of the coin.

I could mean that Lex goes tonight and Teresa fesses up to the rest of the group the next week.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-20-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Next week isn't January 3. Didn't you read the post?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Since Lex always wants to be so open and honest about his votes. I wonder if everyone will respect that characteristic in Lex and tell him when they are all voting for him? Would he just sit and say "thanks" and take it calmly?

Weems 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-01, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Weems Click to send private message to Weems Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Maybe the whole tribe tells MB the truth about what a boring, nasty, dirty, stinky, dry, lame show he put them on after promising an adventure of a lifetime.

That or what everyone else has said. I particularly like the idea that they all tell Lex the truth about voting him out tonight even though I don't think he will be the one going.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-20-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Lex Boot in EP12?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-01 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Episode titles are selected to have multiple meanings and fit various scenarios. My personal favorites all end with Lex voted out in EP12.

Truth be told...

...I'm the one who really voted for you. Goodbye Lex. (Teresa)

...you're not the leader of this tribe anymore. Goodbye Lex.(Ethan)

...I don't like how you've played the game. Goodbye Lex. (KimJ)

...I'd rather take Teresa into the final 4 than you. Sorry Lex. (Tom)

Keeping secrets, and ultimately revealing them at some later date, is what Survivor is all about, so the title can really apply to just about any situation. Teresa's secret is one that MB has shared with us, but there are many more that he hasn't...

Krautboy

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lex Boot in EP12?"
If he doesn't win immunity...if he DOES....I think it's Theresa for daring to suggest Ethan this episode.

I think the truth is they find out about Theresa's vote for Lex....maybe that's what will do her in if Lex (the idot) wins immunity again.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lex Boot in EP12?"
(see above posting by Krautboy)

Just wanted to suggest to Krautboy that he start his own psychic hotline, since he had already envisioned the tribe make-up (Teresa, Ethan, Kim J, Tom, Lex) and bootees (no mention of what Frank or Kim P would say) TWO WEEKS AGO, before Frank was kicked to the curb. Kudos there!

ps: Agree with Teresa, Kim, and Tom's salutation to Lex, but would like to change one:

"Truth be told...

... You're a psychopath, and although I AM the athletic hero of the third installment in the Survivor series, your ranting and raving has cost me valuable screen time that may have lead to a lucrative deal with Reebok. Besides, I don't have any sons to swear on with you. Goodbye, Lex." (Ethan)

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-28-01, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Thought I would bring this thread back up to the top now that we have arrived at EP12...

Krautboy

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-28-01, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Truth Be Told"
I think "truth be told" refers to the truth about the true 3OB alliance will finally be revieled. They show L/E/T all with their hands together, but I'm thinking Mamma Kim (Whom I can NOT stand!!!) Is actually the 3rd member of the OB alliance, and either Lex or Tom is the outsider......

Cin

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-28-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Yes, and to extend that thought, if Teresa wins immunity, then the truth will HAVE to come out as to the real alliance. The fourth wheel will be booted. And maybe some "truths" will be told in the voting booth.

dangerkitty

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Truth Be Told"
If by some fluke Teresa wins immunity, Lex will get voted out. You can bet that MK and Teresa would vote Lex and Tom could definitely be swayed, based on his comments in Ep 11 (he thanks Lex for taking on the safari, but he's still pissed at him).
In this scenario,Ethan would need little if any convincing by MK and Tom to boot Lex.

My picks:
If Teresa wins immunity - Lex gets booted.
If anyone else wins immunity - Teresa gets "pagonged"

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Truth be told, I think Ethan would encourage Lex getting the boot. I don't think Teresa having immunity is even a prerequisite. Lex is the only real immunity threat left to Ethan sailing into the final 2.

Old Boran will justify Lex's ouster with the Brandon thing. Everyone left in the game wants Lex gone. I used to think they'd keep him for the final 2, but I think he's done.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Truth Be Told"
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

>Truth be told, I think Ethan
>would encourage Lex getting the
>boot. I don't think Teresa
>having immunity is even a
>prerequisite. Lex is the only
>real immunity threat left to
>Ethan sailing into the final
>2.

Lex is the main immunity threat, but I don't think he's the only one. If things stay true to form, then the Fallen Comrades challenge will come up in the final 4 or 3. Teresa would be extremely dangerous in this one, especially with all of the remaining OS in the fallen category at this point.

Besides, Teresa is a high risk person to keep around. She's got 3 votes on the jury from the OS, so she would only need one more vote to go all the way. The big question mark there would be Kelly's vote. Kelly would definitely vote for Teresa over Lex or KimJ, and might possibly do it against Ethan or Tom to punish them for following Lex in voting her off.

Lex is the bigger immunity threat to Ethan, but Teresa is by far the biggest threat to a victory.

Edited because today is my day for brain fades, and I forgot what the jury makeup was going to be.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Truth Be Told"
I agree that Teresa is more dangerous. I've picked her to go 3 times. She was more dangerous than Kim P and she was more dangerous than Frank , but they kept her around anyway.

Voting out Teresa is what I would do for all the reason you stated. But I don't think it's what they will do. And who we think should go isn't relevant.

I think Ethan and Tom see Teresa as someone they can get rid of whenever - someone without power. I don't agree with that assessment. She could do well in fallen comrades, she is athletic and maternal and she is a schemer. But Ethan and Tom don't see that - if they did, she would be gone.

Lex's challenge performances must scare them. And there is residual anger from the whole Brandon/Kelly fiasco. That gives them the justification (which is important) to "betray" their alliance with Lex.

Teresa may continue to try and turn someone, but I don't think it will happen. Ethan and Tom probably don't think it will happen .

At this point Ethan and Tom must feel that they have control of the game and can afford to leave Teresa in in order to take out their bigger perceived threat.

I wouldn't be shocked if they voted Teresa out over Lex, but right now I still see Lex as the most likely target.

12-28-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Truth Be Told"
>I agree that Teresa is more dangerous. I've picked her to
>go 3 times. She was more dangerous than Kim P
>and she was more dangerous than Frank , but they
>kept her around anyway.
>
>I think Ethan and Tom see Teresa as someone they can
>get rid of whenever - someone without power. I don't
>agree with that assessment. She could do well in fallen
>comrades, she is athletic and maternal and she is a
>schemer. But Ethan and Tom don't see that - if
>they did, she would be gone.

>Teresa may continue to try and turn someone, but I don't
>think it will happen. Ethan and Tom probably don't think
>it will happen.

Actually, I think (along with kuchakor) that Teresa has some hidden plan/hidden alliance with perhaps MamaKim. MB has shown in the past that he will hide the "true alliance" as we didn't know about Tina and Colby right until the very end. There's been too much talk about Ethan and MamaKim, IMO, for it to be the true hidden alliance that goes to the end, so it's something else. Teresa is the more obvious threat than Kim P. was, so that tells me that there's some lobbying going on within the Borans to keep her -- my thinking that at least one person is hoping to carry Teresa to the end and take out Lex and/or Tom.

It would make great sense for mamaKim to be this person along with someone like Ethan. I think she sees her best shot in the game to ride the oldBoran express as far as possible -- she could have joined with Kim P. and dumped Lex but then risk the anger of the jury and Ethan/Tom... but if she waits until there's 4 left (or 5 left) then she could just say "hey look at me, I'm up against Lex, Tom and Ethan... I had to switch right there and I didn't betray the alliance to keep Kim P." Her chances with Ethan and Teresa in the final three is considerably greater than in a final four with Lex, Tom and Ethan. Ethan will also be much more likely to screw Lex and Tom over at this point than when Frank or Kim P. were still in the game -- after all... any smart game-playing person would see that he has a better shot at the final three IC against two women than against Lex and/or Tom.

Will Ethan and mamaKim be smart enough to make this move? Dunno, but Teresa sticking out this far tells me that she has some hidden agenda with at least one oldBoran to get her to the final five at least -- and live up to Kelly's "master manipulater" description.

"It's just funny seeing people that are matched up, everyone has a partner now and everyone's happy. And boy, my camping trip just went to hell."

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Truth Be Told"

I'm not sure Teresa is likely to say ANYTHING about the vote.

For starters, we have Kelly's comment that she didn't know about Teresa having cast the vote until after they left Africa. Think about that. If Teresa did "confess" in Episode 12, and some/all of the Borans used it as a reason to vote out Lex (picture Tom saying "you'z wronged Kelly, now I'z wronging you") you would think that SOMEONE would have mentioned it back at the lodge (ie. this would have been a central part of the reason why Lex was booted.)

Additionally, even if it wasn't MENTIONED at the lodge in passing, you'd think that AT LEAST ONE of the Boran's would have come up to Kelly near the end of the game and apoligized. I'd be SHOCKED if someone like Tom would have learned that Kelly was innocent and then had not gone to apologize to her at his first possible opportunity. To me, that means one of two things: 1) The "mystery voter" was never revealed in Africa, 2) Tom makes the final two and doesn't get a chance to apologize until they have left Africa.

#2 seems unlikely -- if for no other reason than that you'd think that if Teresa was known to be the mystery voter, then EITHER OR BOTH of the Final Two would apologize to Kelly for booting her during their final comments to the jury. since that doesn't seem to have occurred, my guess is that the identity of the snake is never revealed in Africa.

-SB

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Just a thought... could "Truth Be Told" refer to the "Fallen Comrades" IC? Where they have to remember facts about the previous tribe members.

I still believe that some of the information given by booted members (Kelly) is really disinformation. They are being directed to purposely mislead. After the final TC, they don't immediately leave for home. The F3 get to spend the night and the next day or two at losers lodge, cleaning up and getting debriefed.
Wasn't there a "wrap party" for S1 and S2? Without a doubt, a lot of informal, unmonitored conversations occur at the lodge, so it is more likely than not, that Kelly knew about Teresa's vote.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Truth Be Told"
If we look back at past titles, they are not always that revealing of much. For example, "We are family" seemed to refer to a reference someone made when they were bathing that the group was like one big family at that point. Others seem to have other theories on what that title meant--so even after the episode, its significance was not clear.

I think this one will refer to something that happens in the episode, and not something that has already happened (like the Teresa vote for Lex). Someone, in some context, will use the phrase "truth be told." I really don't think we have any way to determine what the contents of that conversation will be at this time. It may not even have anything to do with the boot decision. Certainly the title "The Big Adventure" had nothing to do with the boot of KimP--but rather the reward.

If, however, the title does refer to something that has come up in a prior episode, I think it may be (based in part of the promo we have been shown) that Tom finally tell Lex that, "truth be told" he still feels Lex betrayed the alliance by teaming with Brandon.

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Truth Be Told"
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-01 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

Good analysis guys, but I'm thinking that after Teresa's TC comments in EP11 while voting for Lex, she seemed as if she actually liked him alot. I don't think Teresa had any intentions of telling Lex face to face until they left Africa, if she was going to tell him then. I wouldn't want to, because he'd proboably go total psycho and kill her, lol. I think that Teresa may just win immunity in EP12, therefore leaving Lex to be eliminated. And that the "Truth Be Told" is that everyone still hates Lex, although he has lightened up some. Lex's "Cut his throat" comments were most likely towards Ethan, I don't see him saying it about Tom. Ethan has been close to jumping ship, and Lex still thinks it was Ethan who came up with the idea to oust Brandon.

And....WHY didn't they vote out Teresa this TC??? Everyone liked Lil'Bit, but I think there is something more to voting her out over Teresa. It's MAMAKIM. I still think Mama is lobbying for her and Teresa in the F2. That's why she said in Ep.10 "I'm not going to turn on Ethan AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME. She knows that unless Tom wins immunity, they can win in an easy tiebreaker vote against Tom and Ethan or Ethan and Lex, or Tom and Lex. I still don't understand why she kept talking about needing Tom, because they could have had Lex outta there if Mama was willing to vote for Lex in a tie vote.

Back to Lex thinking Ethan is preparing to stab him in the back...look at Lex's eyes when Ethan give he and Tom the "group handshake" in the previews. He scales his eyes towards TOM. I think MB wants us to think it's Tom, BUT Lex has scaled his eyes around all game, I think that his look means nothing. Lex said "HE" in his comments, so it's either Ethan or Tom. I'm beginning to believe that Lex thinks and wants to think that it is Ethan about to stab him in the back, but it is actually BOTH Ethan and Tom. This game has just been too "Rigged" so far for T-Bird not to win immunity this week. Remember, Jerri's ouster happened when someone that Ogakor was aiming for (Nick) won immunity.

Anyways, (I forgot to add this), If Lex gets ousted and Teresa tells Tom/Ethan/Mama, then whoever gets booted first in the Final 4 wouldn't want to tell the jury because of Lex being there, he'd blow his top off on THEM. Then again, if TERESA gets booted right after Lex, he'd never know because T-Bird is a total coward. I think that must be what happens, because that would explain Kelly not getting to know until after it all was over. BUT, how would Teresa get booted???? I'm thinking Ethan's charm works Mamakim back over to vote with them, right before Tom boots her back to the lodge after winning the final immunity (Fallen Comrades), and then Tom takes Ethan to the end. If Tom boots Ethan, he's got the easy million, but he'll pull a Colby and pull the wrong person into the final 2 with him, unless Tom's constant flirting helps him out.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Truth Be Told"
Could this be referring to KimJ?

Possible theories:
- Teresa finds out if Kim has been lying to her about voting together/alliances in the endgame. Kim is forced to tell the truth about where her loyalties are. This is a greater possibility if you believe that their discussion about bringing Tom in with them to vote for Lex actually took place during the E12 timeframe even though it was shown in E11, as has been suggested on another thread.
- The Ethan/Kim alliance that has been so broadly hinted at is finally brought front and center for all to see.
- Kim is faced with the truth that the LET alliance is stronger than she ever admitted to herself and that she is the outsider of the Boran 4. This truth could be told if Teresa wins IC and Kim is voted out as the first cannibalization.

Sexy Spearchucker 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-28-01, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to send private message to Sexy%20Spearchucker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Maybe MB will finally give us something truthful?"
I can only hope that the "truth" comes out about what the real sub-alliances are. Considering there has been almost no logic in the voting to this point, there MUST be some truth that he has refused to reveal.

Based on the ratings MB maybe MB has realized that he screwed up by trying so damn hard to hide the truth and spoof the spoilers. I doubt it though!

I'm unhappy enough with this show that I've already decided that I won't be watching again after this season. Really too bad when you think about it.

Sexy Spearchucker

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Maybe MB will finally give us something truthful?"
Teresa seemed very sure that Tom would vote with her and MamaKim. I think Teresa was spared last night because Tom, MamaKim and Lex all like her and believe that she might be useful to them. I thought Kelly said that she did not find out about Teresa's vote "until the end", but before the show was completed. I suspect that Lex apologized to Kelly in Africa, which was why he did not call to apologize after the show aired - he had already done it.

If Teresa wins immunity, and Lex goes beserk over who voted for him in addition to LittleKim, Teresa might fess up to avoid having someone else booted unfairly. I don't think she expected Kelly to be booted; she may have expected Brandon to vote with her group against Lex. The only problem with my theory is that it may be a little early for Kelly to learn about Teresa's vote from the bootee, unless the bootee is Lex and it takes him a while to apologize to Kelly.

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Maybe MB will finally give us something truthful?"
Nope, Kelly said that Lex NEVER apologized to her.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Maybe MB will finally give us something truthful?"
I just listened to the Early show interview of Kelly again. Kelly described her telephone call with Lex. Kelly was asked whether Lex apologized and said that he did not. The question was concerning the content of the telephone call. If Kelly said that Lex NEVER apologized, it was somewher other than in the Early Show interview.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-01, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Truth Be Told"
It could even be that Tom tells us "truth be told, it kills me to vote for Ethan and leave Lex in the game, but Lex's gut tells him Ethan is about to become a backstabber and we have to get rid of him".

I would love to see Teresa win IC just to get Lex's smarmy bottom off the show, but I don't think Tom, with his promise on his son's name or life or whatever, will ever vote Lex off. He just likes to grumble about betrayal. I know he was drunk, but oft times the truth comes out with booze, and Tom told Lex that he would have chosen Lex to accompany him had he won the reward challange.

Kim J will, of course, go along with her original alliance, and Teresa will too just so she doesn't anger Lex any further.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-28-01, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "One little thing..."
About Tom saying that he would have taken Lex on the RC - I saw this mentioned somewhere else, was that you also, Serendipity? When I heard him say that, I thought Tom was just talking about Lex taking care of him when he was drunk, putting him to bed and all - that Tom would do that for Lex. I didn't hear it as referring to taking him on the RC. But I don't have it on tape, and maybe I missed something. It does seem relevant, as the "helping while drunk" is just something you do for someone when they need it, whereas the "take you on the RC" suggests more of a tight alliance.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-01, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: One little thing..."
Not me that mentioned it elsewhere except whatever I put in the East Coast Spoiler summary.

I did tape the show and I relooked. Tom does not say thanks for the trip. He's in bed, and partially sits up and says very emphaticslly "Thank you", etc.

Most certainly this could have been for putting him to bed. It was my impression (don't want to say assumed) that the stress he put on the words referred more to the day rather than to being put in the bed. No more is said than the "I would have done it for you" and Lex says "I know you would have, buddy" or something close.

It certainly could have been either, and it does make a difference which he meant.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-29-01, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Meanwhile, back at the Lodge"
"Truth be told" does NOT refer to Teresa revealing her vote caused the semi=catastrophic(or catatonic) events that have since unfolded.

Brandon has said in many places that he ONLY told Kelly about his vote for her when she was back in the states, right before the show aired. And Kelly screamed at him, "and called me all sorts of names" Brandon continued unphased.
So no one told Kelly about this.

I think Teresa similarly keeps mum about her voting for Lex.

On the E! Pre-game show this week, co-hostess(and yes,she's really good at it) Jerri, started trying to tell loudmouth Kimmi and loquacious Joel (From S1) what it was like to be on the jury, and it's not what people think.

She said "You're allowed to talk about what happened to get caught up for the past three days, and that's IT." She said you were always being monitored there."There was always someone with you. And you could NOT talk about who you were going to vote for." Implying that if they did reveal too much to the other bootees, they would loose whatever consolation prizes were coming to them, and I think it's much more money than we've been led to believe. Plus, they could be sued. In this kind of luxurious, but policed atmosphere, it's not surprising that Kelly did not find out about Brandon's vote, nor that Lex would about Teresa's. No one, if they knew, would be allowed to bring it up.

Jerri re-iterated how well they were all treated, and then wanted to say more but Kimmi and Joel(both of whom had never made it to their respective shows' juries) overtalked her. Too bad.
Jerri, if you're reading this, tell us more about Loser Lodge.

ALso, on Kim P's one of Kim P.'s chats she said that "Being there(at the Lodge)with Brandon for those first three days was very difficult, because I felt he betrayed me."
So much for Kelly's FUN AT THE LODGE! Best friends Brandon and Frank and then Brandon and Kim P. the atmosphere must've been inTOXICating.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Meanwhile, back at the Lodge"
I remember both Jenna and Gervase mentioning that every time someone new came to the lodge, they all got a kick out of hearing what was happening on the island - who was mad at whom, etc. I was pretty sure I'd also heard Alicia say the same thing for S2. Even though they're being watched, I'm sure plenty of information gets exchanged before the jury vote. Do you really think Jerri would have voted for Tina if someone hadn't told her how Colby had been dissing her after she left?

Taking this into consideration, I think opinions expressed about voted off jury members might play a lot into voting strategies at the end. If MB shows any of it, we should note any comments made (i.e. "boy am I glad (s)he's gone") about booties (even pre-merge booties who might have had alliances/friendships with jury members).

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Meanwhile, back at the Lodge"
>ALso, on Kim P's one of
>Kim P.'s chats she said
>that "Being there(at the Lodge)with
>Brandon for those first three
>days was very difficult, because
>I felt he betrayed me."
>
>So much for Kelly's FUN AT
>THE LODGE! Best friends Brandon
>and Frank and then Brandon
>and Kim P. the atmosphere
>must've been inTOXICating.

Sorry, but I don't think you read this correctly, she was talking about the 3 days after Kelly was voted out (at camp), not the first 3 day at the lodge. Here is what was said;

?: How hard was it to live with Brandon after he betrayed you?
A: It was really hard to live with him for those 3 days. I was very uncomfortable and very hurt.
?: Did Brandon forgive you for voting for him?
A: Brandon and I made up as soon as I was voted off and was on the jury and we knew we were going to spend the next 6 days together - we forgave each other.

01-02-02, 01:44 PM (EST)
33. "Bump"
Giving this topic a bump from the nether regions of page 2 because I think this is a very relevant topic to keep in front of all of us.

I have a feeling that going back to review the responses in this thread after episode 12 airs might help fit a lot of things together for the final episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •