The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How'd the ex's get roped in?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-10-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How'd the ex's get roped in?"
One thing I'm not understanding logistically is what were the odds of the producers finding 5 former ex's of their hand-selected 8 houseguests that were willing to come on the show. ...I mean has the DAW threshold in America gotten that high? ...or is this the "birds of a feather flock (and hook-up) together" concept?

And even more interestingly, I'm still wondering how they pitched this to the ex's -- after they somehow got the contact info for the ex's, what'd they do, just ring them up and say "hi, we're making cold calls looking for people willing to appear on BB4, are you interested?"

Didn't any of the ex's get curious as to why, with assumingly no application submitted on their part, CBS was suddenly interested in putting them in the BB4 house? Or did the casting directors arrange some kind of elaborate hoaxes or fake run-in's on their places of work, etc. to run into them?

The whole thing just sounds extremely strange from the ex's side... they had to know there was something strange going on for a show to be approaching them out of the (apparent) blue...

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? SurvivinDawg 07-10-03 1
   RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? Chrissy gal 07-10-03 2
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? Bucky Katt 07-10-03 3
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? SurvivorOverlord 07-10-03 4
   RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? SurvivorBlows 07-10-03 5
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? AZ_Leo 07-10-03 6
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? HealingHeart 07-10-03 7
   RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? jase 07-11-03 8
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? whoami 07-11-03 9
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? cyclehausen 07-12-03 10
 RE: How'd the ex's get roped in? Loree 07-12-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
Webby, you have just posted what I was thinking for a full hour of television last night, as I watched this show and sipped some single-malt Scotch (island brand, too!).

How in the WORLD did they get these pairings?

During my contemplations, I came up with these ideas:

1) They did some really no-kidding background investigations on these guys to come up with the ex-s. Sure, they might have asked as part of the process about past boyfriends/girlfriends, etc., but I'm betting they went farther.

2) The ex-s are getting some green dollar bills under the table, no matter what the game result is. Also, I'm not assuming that CBS tried to arrange "innocent" meetings... probably called them up directly and asked them to be on the show. Maybe even explained why, if asked.

3) Remember that one guy (don't remember who) was relieved, thinking it would be a different ex!

4) Last, but not least... it occurred to me that they picked BOTH sides of the ex-couples based on who they could get to say yes. I'll be a LOT of candidates got dismissed based on not having an ex- who could be persuaded to be on the show. Maybe this is why that one guy was waxed for trying to reach his gf on the cellphone?!?!?!!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-10-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
>I'll be a LOT of candidates got dismissed based on not having an ex- who could be persuaded to be on the show. Maybe this is why that one guy was waxed for trying to reach his gf on the cellphone?!?!?!!<

"Brandon" has been doing interviews for other sites (I put his name in quotes, because I don't know for sure that it is really him). He said that he talked to an ex of his and she said she had made been in interviews with BB up until the last week before the houseguests were sequestered.

Other people have thought that maybe Brandon was sent packing because he didn't have an ex coming into the house. It seems so strange for Shapiro to send away a good looking guy just because they couldn't find an ex to go with him (BB still has Nathan). It seems most plausible to me that he was kicked off because they realized that he was not the "player" he claimed to be.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-10-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
I was thinking of that last night too. My guess would be that they got the original applications (or spotted the original person at Belly) and did the interviews with those applicants. They then pretended that they were doing a "background check" on all possible BB4 candidates or something of that nature with the exs. Once they met the exs, they could then simply tell each ex that the producers think that they would be great on the show and would they consider it. Eventually, they found a handful of exs that would go on the show and thus the X-Factor was born.

"How fascinating for you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due to make a deposit at the local savings and litter box."

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-10-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
Webby, this has baffled me since they first announced it...especially since they said that the 5 ex's had no idea that the others were in the house.

But if you go off of some of the articles that have been written about BB lately, they claim that contrary to what CBS claims, most of these people have headshots and agents and are already seeking some sort of career in entertainment....if that is the case and they are "casting the show" instead of filling the spots with applicants, then it might be easier to find some ex's and get them on the show without to much explanation.

It would just seem way to coincidental for ex's to just apply to the show "out of the blue".....and like you said Webby....without some serious digging, how the hell would they know who was an ex to who.....especially in the case of someone like David and Michelle who dated in high school!!!

Hell, they probably found em all hanging around Belly!!

SULTAN OF SMOOCHES

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
I agree, I thought CBS specifically mentioned that the Ex's didn't know there ex was already in the house.

And what's the over/under for Belly-found contestants this season anyways? The woman who "just moved to LA" seems likely to be one...

-SB

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-10-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
I'm also curious how they seemed to have a fifth ex available to replace Brandon within days of the show airing. Was this alternate ex sequestered along with the rest, even though they weren't officially on the show so as not to hear the twist? Why didn't they just go with 5 to begin with or why didn't they replace Brandon with an alternate non ex?

HealingHeart 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-10-03, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HealingHeart Click to send private message to HealingHeart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
My big question isn't How did they get the Exs to appear.....come on a chance to be on TV anyne would agree to be on tv now a days. My question is Why did they only pick 5 EXS....there are 8 other guests...the EXS are out numbered and wont last at alll. It should have been 8-8.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-11-03, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
I agree with SurvivorOverlord on this one. It seems like the "it" thing to do these days is "cast" people for a majority of these reality shows on television. I guess they think viewers can't tell the difference and/or don't care. As much as I like (some) reality shows, I can't wait for the new fall season to start.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-11-03, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
This is strange to me but I thought about applying for B.B.4 but I thought with my luck if I got on the show they would have my ex. there also. Good thing I did not apply.

WHOAMI
How you play a game is how you are in real life when push comes to shove.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-12-03, 05:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-03 AT 06:00 AM (EST)

Here's an apparently credible source that may answer some of your questions, or at least provide a little insight into the delusions of grandeur the exes apparently have.

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

Anyting 4 u

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How'd the ex's get roped in?"
On the live feeds it has been discovered that Amanda and Scott knew each other was going to be in the house. Scott called Amanda and told her he was going to be on the show because he knew it was her favourite show. She knew at the time she was going on too and didn't tell him. But she knew he was going to be on the show before she entered the house. Meanwhile Scott figured it out the minute he entered the house. He saw all the Xs all over and he realized this was why they had contiually asked him about his ex over and over. He also knew that Amanda had taken a leave of absence from her job.

Erika is furious at Robert because he has not yet thanked her for getting on the show. She did all the applications and they just phoned and asked him to come on.

Michelle also admitted on the web cams that she was called up on her cell phone and asked if she wanted to be on the show.

Justin and several others say they were suspicious because during their interviews the people always perked up whenever they got them talking about their ex. They continually asked questions about the ex and it made them all suspicious of why.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •