The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final two?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

choobie 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choobie Click to send private message to choobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final two?"
Well here we are,

Should Taylor, with his average sounding nightclub singing voice, along with his mediocre and sometimes clumsy stage presence win?

Or Kat, with the all too common "sounds like every other female pop singer voice", who has a pretty face,a nice rack, but no stage presence whatsoever win?

My guess will be the pretty face

So sad

-Choobie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final two? geekboy 05-18-06 1
   RE: Final two? choobie 05-19-06 2
       RE: Final two? singer 05-19-06 3
 RE: Final two? jags 05-19-06 4
 RE: Final two? aifan2006 05-19-06 5
   RE: Final two? choobie 05-19-06 6
       RE: Final two? bbblues 05-19-06 8
   RE: Final two? 2Centz 05-19-06 9
       RE: Final two? zazzy 05-20-06 12
 I See Things Much Differently CattyChat 05-19-06 7
 RE: Final two? BlueLies 05-19-06 10
 RE: Final two? frisky 05-19-06 11
 RE: Final two? Reality_Tv_fan_90 05-21-06 13
   RE: Final two? EMTBGRL 05-21-06 14
 RE: Final two? PowderPuff 05-22-06 15
 RE: Final two? Irishbear0987 05-22-06 16
   RE: Final two? choobie 05-22-06 18
 RE: Final two? J Slice 05-22-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final two?"
Your guess will be wrong, and you and many other will be ultimately surprised as to how successful Taylor will be.

geekboy

05-19-06, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choobie Click to send private message to choobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final two?"
>Your guess will be wrong, and
>you and many other will
>be ultimately surprised as to
>how successful Taylor will be.
>
>
>geekboy

I will stand my ground but hope that Kat does not win.

As far as your prediction geekboy you will be the surprised one when we see Taylor fade as fast or faster than some of the other A1 finalists.
There is definitely no star quality hapenning here.
I think you should start watching some other kinds of music programs and get back to the REAL reality ,sorry.
-choobie

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-19-06, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final two?"
Geekboy is probably right, and the claim that Kat has no stage presence whatsoever is completely preposterous.

--Singer

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final two?"
Just for the record, I am not a big Taylor fan. But I have to disagree with your statements. Anyone that has foolowed any of my post will attest to this. I have said many times that the Final six will all release an album. the level of success will vary. Also the level of success is relative. I f he receives enough recognition to work in this industry which some believe he was born to do I think he will be more than satisfied. Look at some of the past contestants there level of popularity is varied, I just saw that young man of asian heritage on a commercial the other day. He knew he could sing but that little bit of exposure has enhanced his life. So who is to say what level of popularity is enough for anyone.
Who will win should decided by there performance next week. Hopefully whoever has the strongest performance will WIN. Good luck to both of them.
Later JAGS

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final two?"
from my POV of every contestant on the show the only contestant who has shown real stage presence and personality is Taylor, he clearly knows how to grab and audience and make them feel like they are having a good time. alot of the contestants are so inexperienced they are doing good just to perform their song well, they have not learned the art of pleasing an audience or getting them involved with your performance. Just my opinion.

05-19-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Final two?"
>from my POV of every contestant
>on the show the only
>contestant who has shown real
>stage presence and personality is
>Taylor, he clearly knows how
>to grab and audience and
>make them feel like they
>are having a good time.
> alot of the contestants
>are so inexperienced they are
>doing good just to perform
>their song well, they have
>not learned the art of
>pleasing an audience or getting
>them involved with your performance.
> Just my opinion.

Taylor knows how to grab an American idol audience being that half of them are his fans and friends which adds up to a very small amount in the real music world.

Wake up people, listen to Simon he is dead on! But taylor will probably win this contest because the TV audience that is voting are voting like its a game. just like choosing your favorite TV commercial or like playing bingo from your sofa.Most people that voted will not go to his concerts or buy his CD. having said that though, he would be alright in my local pub for a night or two.

=Choobie

bbblues 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bbblues Click to send private message to bbblues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final two?"
>Taylor knows how to grab an
>American idol audience being that
>half of them are his
>fans and friends which adds
>up to a very small
>amount in the real music
>world.

Considering how many people vote for Taylor each week, I would say that amounts to a great amount in the "real music world." If only 1/2 those fans buy his first CD that puts him way ahead of many artists in the real music world.
>
>Wake up people, listen to Simon
>he is dead on! But
>taylor will probably win this
>contest because the TV audience
>that is voting are voting
>like its a game. just
>like choosing your favorite TV
>commercial or like playing bingo
>from your sofa.Most people that
>voted will not go to
>his concerts or buy his
>CD. having said that though,
>he would be alright in
>my local pub for a
>night or two.
>
I think AI starts as a game, but when it gets down to the final 2 I'm not so sure. I would say people start taking it TOO seriously, like it is a personal affront if their fav is voted off, i.e. all the bashing Kat and her family are taking right now. My fav, Chris, was voted off, however, I think Kat and Taylor are both very talented. If I like either of their CDs, I would buy them, and I'd LOVE to see Taylor in concert!!

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final two?"

> clearly knows how
>to grab and audience and
>make them feel like they
>are having a good time.

Funny you should say that. I've been watching Taylor from the beginning, and I have NEVER seen him make eye contact with ANYONE in the audience, ever.

He's usually either spazz dancing, looking at the floor, or over the heads of the audience. He never connects with anyone in the room.

That's why I'm always amused when his fans claim that he connects so well with the audience. He does have fun up there, for sure, but is it for us, or is he just repeating what he does in the shower?

I predict that his album will sell three million copies, just like all the others whose stars eventually faded (except Kelly Clarkson, who's 2nd album sold 10 million), and then spend the rest of his career in Vegas or on a cruise ship.

He's a hacky cornball, a novelty act. That's it.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final two?"
I completely disagree that Taylor is hacky cornball and other things you and Choobie say about Taylor.

The fun for me and other Taylor fans will be watching how successful he will be post AI regardless of being #1 or #2 in the end.

Not only will Taylor have a lot of success, I believe that Taylor, who has found musical influence in so many artists who came before him, will also be a big influence to many who will come after him.

I do not expect everyone to like him....not everyone liked Elvis, or Joe Cocker, or many other artists out there. But despite not everyone liking the same thing, they were able to be successful.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-19-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I See Things Much Differently"
I disagree with all of your statements, Choo and I would echo what Jags said above.

HUGE amount of talent this year -- very impressive and worth watching & listening to.

Taylor & Kat are 2 of my faves in the competition. Taylor has a great voice and a very distinct style all his own. I love the way he is consumed when he performs and he draws me into his enthusiasm. He is the epitomy of a performer, IMHO.

Kat, IMHO, is FAR from common. She has incredible range, she performs with raw emotion, feeling and beauty. Kat also has the advantage that she can sing a variety of different styles of music. She has a couple of weaknesses to work on -- mostly I feel is due to confidence and nerves getting to her -- but with a little time, I can see her with a very long career.

I honestly believe we are going to see the closest race since Clay & Rueben -- neither one is going in with a huge advantage and I know a lot of other people who are like me in that Kat & Taylor were among their favorites and love them both the same. The quandry is how to vote.

Me, I'm voting for both equally. My votes cancel each other out, but shows my support of both rather than not voting at all.

I've got the McPheever AND I am on Soul Patrol!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-19-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final two?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 10:53 PM (EST)

Love Taylor. I think he should win.

I wish he'd jazz up his wardrobe a bit. A flashier jacket perhaps, even leather would be nice if he's skiddish about changin', belt with bangles, something! He really loves it, loves people, loves performing, loves singing. He's got it all.

Kat is total Disney material. She just needs a little more experience on stage refining her act. She's got it all too, but I think Taylor is the next American Idol.

BTW, Taylor has a great face too!

Choobie, doobie doooooo

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final two?"
I choose Taylor because of his originality and unique sound. Kat has neither. When I hear Taylor, I know it's Taylor. When I hear Kat, it could be any flavour-of-the-month-chick. She just isn't that unique.

Which is the reason that maybe she should win. As with Bo, the American Idol title is too cheesy for the like of Taylor or Chris.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-21-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final two?"
Taylor just bores me out of my mind! All of his performances have about put me to sleep. I think people like his personality so much they forget he has no singing talent. Yes he can dance, but sing i'm not sure. Kat while not the best in the competition is better than Taylor (IMHO). I think Taylor would be a marketing disaster. Kat: no way. How hard is it to advertise a pretty face and voice? Not very. If Kat can get in a few more performances like "Over the Rainbow" than she has this wrapped up. However I think Taylor will win as so many people predicted a Taylor/Chris finale. I think most Chris fans (probably majority of ppl who watch the show) gave their support to Taylor. I'm giving all my support to Kat!

Scott

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final two?"
I've liked Taylor since the beginning, back from the auditions. I can't really pinpoint why--but I can try. He seems genuine. Always has. He is unique, and is true to himself. Kept the gray hair. Way back when? Taylor played the harmonica (complete with the flamingo walk into the judges room) to find out if he made the 'cut.' Regardless of what he was or wasn't told, Taylor was in it for the good time, for the ride, how long or short that 'ride' would be. Taylor hasn't disappointed me as a performer. Not once.

Have all Taylor's notes been perfect? No. Then again, Taylor never forgot his lyrics during a performance, either (Katherine did.) That's one thing I have a very hard time overlooking in terms of this contest. Katherine is a talented singer. Granted. But, I think she's boring to watch. (You can disagree all you want, I have learned the audience is never wrong. I am speaking as--audience.) She doesn't draw me in. I can look away from Katherine, and not feel that I am missing anything. I don't want to take my eyes off Taylor, because you don't know what he might do next.

If I had to buy a CD? I am not sure. If I was paying for a concert? I would go to see Taylor Hicks. Even if he had an off-night voice, he would be sure to entertain. That's what makes this hard. If I heard Taylor on the radio, I would know it was Taylor. If I heard Katherine McPhee on the radio? You'd have to tell me it was Katherine McPhee. I just don't think she's that original. I also think she's only slightly less wooden than Ayla Brown was (back when she and McPhee were in the bottom 2) and I don't think there has been *that* much "growth" since Ayla was on the show. (I, personally, didn't like Over the Rainbow, either. And, I like Simon Cowell.) I could have done without the red slippers!

As for Taylor Hicks "never looking directly at an audience member" you aren't supposed to. Part of performance training to look like you are looking at the audience, but without actually making eye contact. (I was an actress.) You are sharp to pick that up! But, it doesn't make Taylor wrong, or less of a performer. It means that he has learned how to entertain without breaking the fourth wall for a particular audience member. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

I guess thinking aloud about this on the thread..I am voting for Taylor Hicks. If he came on the radio, I wouldn't turn the channel. For McPhee? I think I would.

Hmmm...I do wish them the best of luck. They both have a lot to be proud of. They're both a whole heckuva lot better than ME!

PowderPuff 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-22-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PowderPuff Click to send private message to PowderPuff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final two?"
I truly wish it would be Katherine that wins but I'm almost 100% sure it will be Taylor...so much hype about him. I don't understand it, but everyone has their own opinion. I can't stand to watch the guy up there flailing around onstage with his spastic moves...his voice is ok I guess, and that is all it is to me is ok...and I guess he is too ridiculous looking to be boring. And to me, he has an unbelievable amount of conceit...acts like he has known since day one that he has this competition wrapped up and that he deserves it...very full of himself is what I see. I love Katherine's rich, vibrant voice...I think she has the whole package, looks, voice and she seems very sweet to me. I'll definitely vote for her, but like I said, seems pretty obvious (unfortunately) that Taylor will take the title. But it may be a Clay/Ruben deal...Taylor may win the title, but Katherine will do better and be the true idol. Just mho...

Irishbear0987 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irishbear0987 Click to send private message to Irishbear0987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final two?"
>Well here we are,
>
>Should Taylor, with his average sounding
>nightclub singing voice, along with
>his mediocre and sometimes clumsy
>stage presence win?
>
>Or Kat, with the all too
>common "sounds like every
>other female pop singer voice",
>who has a pretty face,a
>nice rack, but no stage
>presence whatsoever win?
>
>
>My guess will be the pretty
>face
>
>So sad
>
>-Choobie

I agree with everything you say.

05-22-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Final two?"
>>Well here we are,
>>
>>Should Taylor, with his average sounding
>>nightclub singing voice, along with
>>his mediocre and sometimes clumsy
>>stage presence win?
>>
>>Or Kat, with the all too
>>common "sounds like every
>>other female pop singer voice",
>>who has a pretty face,a
>>nice rack, but no stage
>>presence whatsoever win?
>>
>>
>>My guess will be the pretty
>>face
>>
>>So sad
>>
>>-Choobie
>
>
>I agree with everything you say.
>

And having said this, I think both could make a successful record with good song writers and producers, which is what will happen.

For Kat, I think after 6 months of dance lessons,and some more vocal coaching, and if she drops a few more pounds will have what it takes to make it in this business. She definitely has the look.

Taylor on the other hand has a lot more work cut out for him.
I think he will never be an idol, just another singer in a band.
which is not so bad.
They are both gonna make a ton of money anyways...

-Choobie

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final two?"
Considering Taylor hasn't even been in the bottom at any point this season, I think that speaks pretty loud and clear of what American thinks. And if you think it's a popularity contest, let's have a look at Mr. Hicks.

29 - OLD, if we're discussing the supposed teeny-bopper quotient.

GREY HAIRED. Hell, it only makes him more attractive to me, but then, I've got a thing for older guys... Again, let's look at the teeny-boppers... name another one with grey hair.

As far as I've noticed, in 5 seasons of AI, Taylor's the only one who I've heard compared to Joe Cocker or Michael McDonald. Old guys, right?

Not to mention they're some of the better white-soul-guys. In the same nerdly group is Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates, and Simply Red, who hasn't had a hit in the States since the 80's. All are certainly distinctive, but given that over half of AI's voting audience is under 18, I sincerely doubt there are that many blue-eyed soul fans in high school. (I was, but then, I was also a tremendous nerd).

Taylor may not have the best of voices at all times, but the man's an entertainer. A nerdy one. Frankly, us nerds need all the good publicity we can get.

I've been a Soul Patroller since the show kicked off, and will admit that there's genres he shouldn't touch. But give Mr. Hicks an opportunity for a soul, motown, or even r&b album, and he'd probably do just fine. And that would be the very first AI ANYTHING I've spent money on.

In my eyes, though, nobody will touch my oh-so-dreamy Michael McDonald.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •