The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kingdom Hospital"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

JRome 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JRome Click to send private message to JRome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kingdom Hospital"
I've seen some commercials for this show and didn't know what to think at first. but after reading this review, I'm going to check it out.

"Personally I think this is probably the best pilot I have ever seen. It's clearly the best thing King has written for TV to date. Please do yourself the favor of watching it on March 3. The only thing you will have a problem with is that you have to wait a week to see the next episode. This is TV history in the making, mark my words!"

http://www.liljas-library.com

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kingdom Hospital kelli_blue 02-21-04 1
   RE: Kingdom Hospital JRome 02-23-04 2
 Did anyone watch it? KScott 03-04-04 3
   WTF?!?! SilverStar 03-04-04 6
       RE: WTF?!?! I_AM_HE 03-04-04 8
 RE: Kingdom Hospital kelli_blue 03-04-04 4
   RE: Kingdom Hospital JRome 03-04-04 5
       RE: Kingdom Hospital ginger 03-04-04 7
           RE: Kingdom Hospital weltek 03-04-04 9
               RE: Kingdom Hospital JRome 03-11-04 10
                   RE: Kingdom Hospital ginger 03-11-04 11
                       RE: Kingdom Hospital JRome 03-18-04 12
 Why, oh why... SilverStar 04-01-04 13
   RE: Why, oh why... JRome 04-01-04 14
       RE: Why, oh why... SilverStar 04-01-04 15
       RE: Why, oh why... kelli_blue 04-04-04 16
 RE: Kingdom Hospital SilverStar 04-23-04 17
   RE: Kingdom Hospital kelli_blue 04-24-04 18
 RE: Kingdom Hospital Sweater_Puffs 04-30-04 19
   RE: Kingdom Hospital PagongRatEater 04-30-04 20
 Cancelled PagongRatEater 05-19-04 21
   RE: Cancelled kelli_blue 05-25-04 22
       RE: Cancelled PagongRatEater 05-25-04 23
   RE: Cancelled seahorse 06-04-04 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
I'm really looking forward to watching this show. I think it looks GREAT!
Check out the website for it: http://kingdomhospitalofmaine.com/

It looks *normal* at first, but after clicking on different sections, it gets freaky!

02-23-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JRome Click to send private message to JRome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
I've seen that website.

It is cool.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Did anyone watch it?"
I did and it is pretty weird, but that is Stephen King for ya. I guess it will be on Wednesday's at 9:00 CST, is it a show that will not end or just a movie they are dragging out?

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WTF?!?!"
Definitely a strange one, but like KSCOTT said, what else would we expect from Stephen King? Just when I thought it was "normal" for a little while, that anteater would come along. That is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. I felt like I was stoned watching it.
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WTF?!?!"
WTF is right. all the characters are certifiably insane (i think the anteater is the most normal one of the bunch )

reminds me of the X-Files episode "Audrey Pauley" from the last season (I think) - the one where Reyes is almost killed in a car accident and she's stuck in the hospital staffer's miniature model of the hospital with the others on the border of the living and the dead...

- RMMNW!!!

03-04-04, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
Other than the talking anteater, I enjoyed the show. I think it has a lot of potential and hope ABC airs all the episodes (15 in total)

03-04-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
It is definitely not like anything else on TV and thats why I really liked it. I liked how diverse the characters were, the hot shot doctor and that mean boss. and than there's the security guard with the dog. he is just weird but cracks me up. I'll tune in next week.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
I missed it. Our local tv critic, with whom I usually agree, HATED it. Thought King should have committed to Lynch homage (e.g., anteater guy) or scariness (e.g., Stephen King novels) and this was a nonscary muddle in between. I haven't seen it though so have no opinion myself - just tossing in someone else's two cents. Because I can.

I thought "It" was pretty great for a television movie. On the other hand, the newer versions of Carrie and The Shining absolutely stink stank stunk.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
I can agree with the critics opinion. It wasn't really scary because it was just too bizzaro. I still think Andrew McCarthy is hot in that scrawny kind of way, though.

03-11-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
What is up with that anteater? Is it some kind of guardian angle?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
Naah. He's too acute for that.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

03-18-04, 08:57 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
>Naah. He's too acute for
>that.
>
>
>"Any government that would deny
>a gay man bridal registry
>is fascist." Margaret Cho
>

Are you talking about the anteater? It was good that he cleared some issues up last night.

Who was that new guy who entered the hospital and his eyes starting bleeding?

04-01-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Why, oh why..."
Oh why did they move this show to Thursday nights? I am so friggin sick and tired of getting interested in a show, only to have them move it to a night which is already full of other shows that I like to watch! Maybe if you had at least kept it in it's 10 o'clock time slot I could have still enjoyed it. Stupid move ABC! I will devote my time and my VCR to Survivor and Apprentice and say good riddance to Kingdom Hospital! It is now dead to me.

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division

04-01-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Why, oh why..."
I'm not giving up on it. I have a feeling something big is going to happen soon and I want to be around to see it.

04-01-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Why, oh why..."
Yeah, I talk a big game, but I will probably end up watching it (or taping it I should say). I was just in a mood earlier after seeing that Wonderfalls had moved to Thursday also. It's so irritating!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division

04-04-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Why, oh why..."
I'm not giving up on it either, even though it will probably end up getting canceled. Too bad, because I'm enjoying the show!

04-23-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
Well, I haven't watched this show since they moved it to Thursday night. Have I missed anything good? I'm guessing not, since no one has posted here in quite a while!! But just thought I would check!

Handcrafted by RollDdice.........Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division
"I marvel at the stars, and feel my heart overflow."

04-24-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
I'm still watching! The show has FINALLY picked up it's pace and we're finding out more about the girl (Mary Jensen) and next week we're supposed to find out what really happened with that fire that killed all those kids.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-30-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
It's definitely trippy. It's starting to drag a little bit, but I still watch.

I think King is trying to portray what it's like to recover from traumatic brain injury. It definitely plays with your head, and everyone seems "strange" to you as you recover. It reminds me of that Doors song "When you're Strange". He definite exaggerates for the sake of spicing up the script, but it's a good show. Good acting too -- pretty much all of the parts the actors are portraying grate on my nerves.

I love the way they show him looking through his eyelids. I was really young once when I watched my cat get a transfusion, and with all of the meds in the air and the morbid nature of what I was watching, I actually fainted. I came to almost immediately on the floor, but I blinked so quickly that I thought I could see through my eyelids. I was young.

When a friend of mine was recovering from brain surgery, his psychiatric nurse was condescending and had a borderline personality. I wanted to smack her so many times, but it wasn't my place. It was the absolute worse thing to have to deal with when recovering. If I could go back, things would have been different. I was young.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kingdom Hospital"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-04 AT 00:05 AM (EST)

I am totally sucked in, this has quickly become my favorite show on television. I love the quirkness and the characters. Of course, I've read everything that King has written, but I like the whole concept. Theres the ongoing story line and then there's the weekly plot. The constant characters are quirky to say the least, but I don't WANT another ER show. This show has a great mix of the abnormal and the supernatural. The music that they use frequently makes me laugh out loud. It is a bit of time investment to get interested - like almost any of King's great books, but I am now totally and completely hooked.

This week with the Red Sox (I mean Robins) and the Bill Buckner-type character was just awesome. It appealed to me as a baseball fan AND a fan of the show!

I have to say that at the end of EVERY episode I can't wait for the next one.

Does anyone know how this show is doing in the ratings? I would hate to loose it in the middle. Stupid ABC moving it to Thursday!

05-19-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Cancelled"
The show finally starts to get good and they cancel it. Of course it should have had much better ratings moving it around, skipping weeks and putting it on against CSI.

Another blow against shows I like!

05-25-04, 08:54 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Cancelled"
>The show finally starts to get
>good and they cancel it.

Really? Is Kingdom Hospital DOA? You'd think they'd at LEAST air the remaining episodes for those of us that have been watching since winter. That BITES.

05-25-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Cancelled"
The website seems to indicate that they'll finish the season, but they did not pick it up for next seasons schedule. Allegedly, there will be an episode this week, but it has been pushed back twice now.....

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Cancelled"
I thought the show was terrible. I had high hopes for it, but could not get into it.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •