The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
All from an AP story:

" Less than two years after it was plunged into a rape scandal, the Air Force Academy is scrambling to address complaints that evangelical Christians wield so much influence at the school that anti-Semitism and other forms of religious harassment have become pervasive. There have been 55 complaints of religious discrimination at the academy in the past four years, including cases in which a Jewish cadet was told the Holocaust was revenge for the death of Jesus and another was called a Christ killer by a fellow cadet."

"A cadet survey in 2003 found that half had heard religious slurs and jokes, and that many non-Christians believed Christians get special treatment." ... "Critics of the academy say the sometimes-public endorsement of Christianity by high-ranking staff has contributed to a climate of fear and violates the constitutional separation of church and state at a taxpayer-supported school whose mission is to produce Air Force leaders."

"Two of the nation's most influential evangelical Christian groups, Focus on the Family and New Life Church, are headquartered in nearby Colorado Springs. Tom Minnery, an official at Focus on the Family, disputed claims that evangelical Christians are pushing an agenda at the academy, and complained that ''there is an anti-Christian bigotry developing'' at the school."

"The center of human nature is rooted in ten thousand ordinary acts of kindness that define our days." Stephen Jay Gould

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Estee 04-20-05 1
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... J Slice 04-20-05 3
       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Estee 04-20-05 4
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... J Slice 04-20-05 5
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... HistoryDetective 04-20-05 6
               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... J Slice 04-20-05 7
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Draco Malfoy 04-20-05 8
               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... HistoryDetective 04-20-05 9
               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Estee 04-20-05 10
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... desert_rhino 04-20-05 2
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... badger 04-20-05 11
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Swami 04-20-05 12
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... geg6 04-20-05 13
   Also clapping Bobdechemist 04-20-05 14
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... KeithFan 04-20-05 15
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... desert_rhino 04-20-05 17
       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... KeithFan 04-20-05 18
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... landruajm 04-21-05 20
               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... SurvivaBear 04-21-05 26
                   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Swami 04-21-05 27
                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... desert_rhino 04-21-05 28
                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... KeithFan 04-21-05 29
                           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... PhoenixMons 04-21-05 30
                               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... KeithFan 04-21-05 32
                                   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... TechNoir 04-21-05 35
                                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... KeithFan 04-21-05 43
                   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Spidey 04-21-05 44
                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... SurvivaBear 04-22-05 46
                           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Spidey 04-22-05 47
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Spidey 04-20-05 16
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... dabo 04-21-05 19
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Estee 04-21-05 22
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Draco Malfoy 04-21-05 23
       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Estee 04-21-05 24
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Draco Malfoy 04-21-05 25
 not to threadjack or anything.... Esbea 04-21-05 21
 RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... PhoenixMons 04-21-05 31
   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Big Al 04-21-05 33
       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... J Slice 04-21-05 34
           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Big Al 04-21-05 36
               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... J Slice 04-21-05 37
                   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Big Al 04-21-05 38
                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Spidey 04-21-05 39
                           RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Big Al 04-21-05 40
                               RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Spidey 04-21-05 41
                                   RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Swami 04-21-05 42
                                       RE: Religious Oppression at the Air... Drive My Car 04-22-05 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Discrimination at a military academy is like rank structure in a military organization: built-in.

Seniors overrule juniors, juniors look down on sophs, and the sophs can pretty much do anything to the freshmen they can come up with, partially from tradition and mostly from the misplaced idea that it's how they get revenge for the nightmare they went through as first-years. Once you've definitively established that around here, some people are better than others and there's absolutely nothing they can ever do to change that, the sub-rankings and category breakdowns will start about two seconds later. The other kinds of discrimination have a much easier time getting a foothold -- and will.

Of course, in that sense, it's just like junior high, only with less automatic weapons.

(At some point in this thread, someone will say 'But since it's the goal of the government to build a Christian army...' or words to that effect. They may or may not be serious. It may or may not be me.)

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
It was because of the anti-semitism he faced when he was in the Army in WWII that my Grandfather changed his last name to something less "Jewish-Sounding"

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

04-20-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Speaking of which, you currently have triple-sixes in your post count, which means that you're personally responsible for killing Jesus. But I'm sure we can get you off if you just post a few more times.

04-20-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Jesus loooooves Pancakuterii.

Jesus also says "Air Force sucks!"

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

A couple more posts and she'll have a starter set for Satan.

(edited because I don't need multiple sigs - and I don't want to traumatize Seana with the sheep one today)

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

But that's what we always expected, isn't it?

04-20-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I don't start nothin'

Well, except for sex.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
But I'm sure we can get you off if you just post a few more times.

*boggle*
*head explodes*
*headless body slumps to floor*

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Moving on over to landru's TMI OT forum...

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

04-20-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
That is not what I meant. You just wanted your head to explode. Again.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Oh shit. Are those poor Christians being repressed again?

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
repressed? or oppressed? (it's so hard to tell with some christians)

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
What Estee said in post #1 about the military.

But I get really tired of some Christians who think that it is anti-Chrisitan bigotry if anyone dares to question their right to continually proselytize. I do not wish to be "evangelized" (if that is even a word) or proselytized to. Not even a little bit; not even if you think I really need it, and especially not just because your religion feels a duty to spread "the Word". This is not anti-Christian bigotry.

Maybe it is a Christian hubris overload of some kind. I dunno.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
>But I get really tired of
>some Christians who think that
>it is anti-Chrisitan bigotry if
>anyone dares to question their
>right to continually proselytize.
>I do not wish to
>be "evangelized" (if that is
>even a word) or proselytized
>to. Not even a
>little bit; not even if
>you think I really need
>it, and especially not just
>because your religion feels a
>duty to spread "the Word".
> This is not anti-Christian
>bigotry.
Maybe it is a Christian
>hubris overload of some kind.
> I dunno.

Exactly. Well said. *applauding loudly and wildly*

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Also clapping"

Why oh why can it possibly be considered ok to preach religion and not ok to preach non belief. It is considered anti-Christaian bigotry? WTF? Just leave me alone, thankyouverymuch

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
First, let me say that I in no way approve of the behavior. I fall back on the "walk a mile in their shoes" thinking, and if I was them it would upset me too. I don't think the military leaders have any business holding one religion over another. I think if someone is discriminated against because of a personal religion they certainly have a valid complaint, and those responsible should be held accountable.

I think, however, if every reference to religion were banned from all the military academies it would be a) bad for morale, and b)replaced by another form of hazing. I think that we would certainly be disappointed with the stature of our future military leaders if they sweat the small stuff. Again, I'm talking about the small stuff and my first paragraph still applies. I'm a firm believer that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and we need strong leaders for the military. They should keep in mind that who they may be offending today may be their commanding officer in the future.

04-20-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Yeah, those damned Jesus-killing kikes just need to stop whining and suck it up. If they'd just convert or at least not let EVERYONE know they're damn JEWS, it wouldn't be such a problem. Barring that, don't you think they ought to be able to stand up to the kind of minor confrontation they're going to see EVERY DAY as Jews in a Christian country? They ought to be grateful for the opportunity to become STRONGER in this regard, don'tcha think?

"I never mind the little things."

04-20-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
:: reading my post again::

Nope, I didn't say anything like that. Was this an attempt at humor?

My point was, that while the people participating in this type of behavior should be punished, the cadets, especially the younger ones, will have their will tested on many levels and under extreme conditions. I don't think anyone would want me as an officer in the United States Air Force if I went to pieces for being called a fat WASP, a-hole, or even if they called me a librul, even if 2 out of 3 are true.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
You said something a lot like that by essentially dismissing religious hate speech as something officers should be able to tolerate. And then reaffirming it by stating pretty explicitly that officers in the USAF should give up their civil rights, even in the face of some pretty extreme violations of said rights. My apologies if that's not what you think you said, or what you think you meant to say, but that's basically what you said. Twice.

While, as you noted, affirming that you think the violator should be punished. In summary: punish the violators, but the victims should suck it up. Got it.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
So you are saying that during Basic Training, when the TI said the whole flight would pick one (1) chapel service to attend together, my rights were being violated. And when the TI made fun of believers, and Jesus himself, daily I should have just reported him. There is some method to the brutality, to the concious effort to thicken people's skin a bit. The concept is that the enemy will have no restraint, so you better buck up. However, I suppose I could always just file a complaint with my local POW Human Rights Officer. Sheesh, whatever!

I thought Keith was fairly clear that he did not think these egregious examples were okay, but that there are degrees of discrimination/harrasment.

04-21-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Just curious. In this mindframe, what does a woman soldier do who is harrassed/groped/raped? Because you know the enemy will have no restraints.

04-21-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Harassed? eh. It's just boys being boys.

Groped? grey area. Prolly ought to pull the boy aside and have "the talk" with him.

Raped? Punish the perpetrator. Like with extra KP.

In all cases, the woman should suck it up as a character builder and skin-thickener.

04-21-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I think the laws pertaining to these types of incidents are more clear. Certainly any cadet guilty of rape should be thrown out of the Academy and put in jail. Other offenses- different degrees of punishment to fit the crime. Nobody has been supporting this type of behavior- just admitting the reality that how the person (in this case woman) handles the stressful situation is very important too- with being a strong military leader being the objective in the end.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-21-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
just admitting the reality that how the person (in this case woman) handles the stressful situation is very important too- with being a strong military leader being the objective in the end.

I really hope that you don't mean what I think you mean up there...

Got blog?

04-21-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I don't know what you think I meant, so this is impossible for me to answer.

If you think I meant that she should "lay back and enjoy it" than no, I did not mean that. If you think I meant she should be strong and fight back, the Academy should step in, the violator goes to jail, and the cadet hopefully comes out a stronger person in the end, then that is closer to what I meant.

I hope this kind of thing is rare at the Academy (the whole officer and a gentleman thing), and offenders should be punished (my solution, involving a sharp knife, doesn't seem to fly with the ACLU), but it does happen.

My question is, when something like this happens, what happens to the female cadet? Hopefully, the offender goes to jail. What then? If the cadet is stong and has will power, good qualities for a leader, then I'm sure she will remain a cadet. What happens if she is emotionally scared and can no longer handle the responsibilities of her position? This is a canundrum. It certainly isn't her fault, and if the Academy imidiately steps in and takes action, it's not the Academys fault either.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
(1) It isn't rare which even a casual perusal of the news will tell you. And the Academy has been covering up the rapes for years. And totally failing to take any action against the rapists.

(2) Get over being raped by using 'will power' - that's a new one. I'm sure it is very effective. About as effective as telling female cadets to shut up for the good of the corps has been when they tried to report rapes.

04-21-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
(2) Get over being raped by using 'will power' - that's a new one. I'm sure it is very effective. About as effective as telling female cadets to shut up for the good of the corps has been when they tried to report rapes.

Oh please. Are you intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote? I think it's clear that I believe offenders should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Frequency? Do not know, but my emphasis was clear. What made you think otherwise? Also, my point was that if the cadet wants to stay a cadet it will take will power, not that will power was the treatment option. I think you realize I meant that.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
So you are saying that during Basic Training, when the TI said the whole flight would pick one (1) chapel service to attend together, my rights were being violated.

If you mean the entire group was compelled to attend a religious service not necessarily thier re;igion/denomination, then yes, your rights were being violated.

Youmay not have cared. What to you is a small degree of discrimination is still discrimination.

And don't give me the build a unit/morale crap. It's the U.S. Army for goodness sakes. They are supposed to be protecting this country and what it stands for.

There is some method to the brutality, to the concious effort to thicken people's skin a bit. The concept is that the enemy will have no restraint, so you better buck up.

I fail to see how it is necessary to violate someone's 1st Amendment rights to freedom of religion in order to make a strong soldier. I just spoke to my librul pinko-commie Army Drill Sergeant brother and he agrees with me.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-22-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I just spoke to my librul pinko-commie Army Drill Sergeant brother and he agrees with me.
-Wow, I am amazed. More power to your brother. I would love to see recruits rights protected. That was not my experience. I was explained that we gave up our rights/freedom to protect the rights/freedom of others.

And, yes, we were all forced to go to the same chapel service the first two weeks. The TI asked for a show of hands, who was Protestant and who was Catholic (these were the only two choices given). We ended up going to the Catholic service. Several of my Catholic comrades said they (had they known what would happen) would have said they were Protestant so they could go to the "fun" program.

04-22-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
The TI asked for a show of hands, who was Protestant and who was Catholic (these were the only two choices given).

And therein lies the crux of the of the problem.

Several of my Catholic comrades said they (had they known what would happen) would have said they were Protestant so they could go to the "fun" program.

As a recovering Catholic myself, I can totally relate.

04-20-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

The solution is simple. These whiners just need to accept Jesus Christ into their hearts.

Anti-Christian bigotry? Try backlash.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Oddly enough, the highest concentration of Wicca in the US, by percentage of population, is right near Colorado Springs. Maybe all the academy really needs are more goth chicks.

04-21-05, 08:21 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Goth girls + taking orders = demerits + demerits = expulsion within a week.

And the makeup? Not regulation.

04-21-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
More goth chicks is always a good thing.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

04-21-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

I see your head has once again mysteriously reformed into a single piece.

(Next on Sci-Fi: Mad, Mad House: The Academy Years I can't wait to see Drill Sergeant Avacado.)

04-21-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Don't worry, it'll explode again at some point. It does that.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "not to threadjack or anything...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

but the title line reminded me of this:

REG: Why don't you shut up about women, Stan. You're putting us off.

STAN: Women have a perfect right to play a part in our movement, Reg.

FRANCIS: Why are you always on about women, Stan?

STAN: I want to be one.

REG: What?

STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.

REG: What?!

LORETTA: It's my right as a man.

JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?

LORETTA: I want to have babies.

REG: You want to have babies?!

LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.

REG: But... you can't have babies.

LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.

REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!

LORETTA: <crying>

JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.

FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.

REG: What's the point?

FRANCIS: What?

REG: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!

FRANCIS: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-21-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
In my experience with the military (seven years), it is VERY much expected that you are Christian. Every military function I've ever been to has included prayers and the mention of God at least 4 times (at each function). And other military families assume you are Christian just because you're in the military, too. Can't even begin to tell you how many people have talked bad about other religions (killing all the 'ragheads' is one I hear a lot...and these are the people who are representing us in the Middle East!), expecting me to jusy nod my head and say "hallelujah" or something.

I honestly get really tired of being labeled 'anti-Christian' because I don't think Christianity should be shoved down people's throats (haven't we had enough of that throughout history?). I'm certainly not a bigot because I have eyes/ears and see that non-Christians are very much meant to feel inferior in the military.

Got blog?

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-21-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
They are just trying to save you from going to Hell.

04-21-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Their time would be better spent decorating my handbasket.

And I want it fully stocked with Boh and BBQ Baked Lays.

04-21-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Why would anyone want to own a handbasket?

04-21-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
To ride to Hell in, of course.

Assuming I can't take my Honda with me, of course.

04-21-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
You ride to hellthrough brimstone and fire listening to the greatest hits of Wayne Newton.

04-21-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
Better make that handbasket fire-retardant and sound-proof then.

04-21-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
There is nothing flame resistant in Hell. You will burn for eternity while gazing at naked pictures of Ray Nitsckee and eating tofu.

04-21-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I like tofu.

Always look on the bright side of hell ...

04-21-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I like nekkid pictures.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Religious Oppression at the Air Force Academy"
I thought the music in Hell was all your favorites songs as performed by Willie Hung.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •