The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor International"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-31-03, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor International"
After Osten pulled that stunt that really made me mad - taking the space of a more deserving contestant - it made me think. Has MB run out of good contestants? Does he need to go beyond the US border to find people? (Don't worry, I'll go back to bashers.) I have always wanted to be on Survivor, but I am ineligible because I'm Canadian. So this is where my idea comes. Wouldn't it be cool to have an international version where each contestant comes from another country.

You could limit it to people that speak fluently in English, but they are still from different countries. Wouldn't it be interesting/awkward to have an American, a Canadian, and a person from France all on the same tribe. Suddenly patriotism and international politics become an issue along with all the aspects of the game. You could have countries who are sworn enemies against each other (like Israelis and Palestians). And yet, you could have a greater good of humanity show. Don't you think that having the sworn enemies become friends and show a good example for their countries. Back to the Israeli and Palestinian example, if they became friends, and their countries were rooting for them, don't you think that they might be more willing to have peace deals with a small scale show of proof that it can work?

What countries would you like to see?

I think mine would be USA, Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, China, Brazil, Australia, Israel, Palestine, Argentina, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, and India.

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor International Ladybentley 10-31-03 1
 RE: Survivor International whoami 10-31-03 2
 RE: Survivor International Goooey_Alley 11-05-03 3
 RE: Survivor International ejm92 11-06-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ladybentley 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ladybentley Click to send private message to Ladybentley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor International"
fascinating concept I like it!

certinally other countries have had their own survivor (at least great britian has) why not go global??

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-31-03, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor International"
Sounds like a good idea, but there are still a lot of us here in the USA that would like to have our chance to get on the show and going globel would make it even harder to get on. Our chances are now about 1 in or 16 out of 60,000. I would still like to get on the show and like my odds the way they are, but who knows.
Like was mentioned other countries have there own survivor shows.

WHOAMI
If we just think about this we can figure it out.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-05-03, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor International"
Australia, U.K., Germany and Japan had their own version of Survivor.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-06-03, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor International"
I think there are still a TON of good contestants within the U.S.....I mean look at Sandra, Rupert, Jon, Andrew, Burton, Michelle, etc.....they are all great cast members on the show...I don't think Osten was necessarily a bad casting choice, either....at least he caused some drama....I think it would be good if Canadians could participate, but nothing beyond North America. There are too many complications involved with making it a worldwide show....I would, however, like to see one international edition with representatives from many different countries, but nothing permenant.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •