The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This season is different."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Magpie1950 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magpie1950 Click to send private message to Magpie1950 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This season is different."
I haven't figured out if it is the group of women, the LC changes, the house, the editing or what it is, but this season really is disappointing.

Instead of the womens individual issues, there seems to be so much focus on the interacting between them. The way it is going, I am thinking Sinae is the only one who will graduate this season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This season is different. alison222 10-05-04 1
   RE: This season is different. secondmom 10-08-04 5
       RE: This season is different. secondmom 10-08-04 6
 RE: This season is different. sparksals 10-07-04 2
 RE: This season is different. KimD 10-08-04 3
   RE: This season is different. azsk8fan 10-17-04 13
       RE: This season is different. sparkledoll27 10-17-04 14
 RE: This season is different. secondmom 10-08-04 4
   SO or REal world alison222 10-10-04 7
       RE: SO or REal world Magpie1950 10-10-04 8
           KIM alison222 10-10-04 9
               RE: KIM sparkledoll27 10-11-04 10
                   RE: KIM alison222 10-11-04 11
                       RE: KIM sparkledoll27 10-11-04 12
                           RE: KIM aggiesjc 10-18-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

alison222 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-05-04, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alison222 Click to send private message to alison222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This season is different."
I agree but I keep watching and waiting for more and more. Is Kim divorced? She has mentioned different things but I have never seen her on the phone with her husbanc. i know her parents are divorced but is she. they need to move on with her appearance issue. What she really needs is a clothing expert to tell her that by wearing her stuff so tight she looks heavier and older. Not being catty but I think she focuses more on the labels and not the fit.

secondmom 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-08-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail secondmom Click to send private message to secondmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This season is different."
>I agree but I keep watching
>and waiting for more and
>more. Is Kim divorced? She
>has mentioned different things but
>I have never seen her
>on the phone with her
>husbanc. i know her parents
>are divorced but is she.
>they need to move on
>with her appearance issue. What
>she really needs is a
>clothing expert to tell her
>that by wearing her stuff
>so tight she looks heavier
>and older. Not being catty
>but I think she focuses
>more on the labels and
>not the fit.

10-08-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail secondmom Click to send private message to secondmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This season is different."
>>I agree but I keep watching
>>and waiting for more and
>>more. Is Kim divorced? She
>>has mentioned different things but
>>I have never seen her
>>on the phone with her
>>husbanc. i know her parents
>>are divorced but is she.
>>they need to move on
>>with her appearance issue. What
>>she really needs is a
>>clothing expert to tell her
>>that by wearing her stuff
>>so tight she looks heavier
>>and older. Not being catty
>>but I think she focuses
>>more on the labels and
>>not the fit.

sparksals 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-07-04, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sparksals Click to send private message to sparksals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This season is different."
I agree. This season is disappointing. Maybe it's because they needed time to develop the HG's characters. I remember last year all the HG's were at each other's throats in the beginning, then it calmed down once a few graduated.

I like Iyanla. She's a tough cookie, but she's great at getting to the heart of the matter.

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This season is different."
I agree, I don't like this season at all. In fact, I stopped watching it this week. I just couldn't stand it any more. I'm disappointed too, because it used to be so fun to watch, and I always got something from it.

I don't think the coaches are handling the women very well, it's like watching a bunch of out of control children in the grocery store. More than that, they're causing pain to each other - on purpose! Makes me want to slap them silly.

I feel for Sommer though, and I think Sinae is doing a great job.

Kim D

P.S. I'm a Life Coach, so it makes me even more crazy to see such a waste of time and energy.

azsk8fan 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-17-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azsk8fan Click to send private message to azsk8fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: This season is different."
>I agree, I don't like this
>season at all. In fact,
>I stopped watching it this
>week. I just couldn't stand
>it any more. I'm
>disappointed too, because it used
>to be so fun to
>watch, and I always got
>something from it.
>
>I don't think the coaches are
>handling the women very well,
>it's like watching a bunch
>of out of control children
>in the grocery store. More
>than that, they're causing pain
>to each other - on
>purpose! Makes me want to
>slap them silly.
>
>I feel for Sommer though, and
>I think Sinae is doing
>a great job.
>
>Kim D
>
>P.S. I'm a Life Coach,
>so it makes me even
>more crazy to see such
>a waste of time and
>energy.

I have to agree - this season has focused on all the wrong things - maybe they think it will help the ratings when in fact I think it's having a very adverse effect. If they want to really get down to business I think they would start with getting Josie out in the real world to find a job - doesn't matter how good a single parent you want to me it won't work if you can't pay the bills and feed the kid....... Josie has been there far too long - Chloe is beyond her first 1/2 yr. of life and her mom still doesn't work?????? What a dose of reality Josie will face without 5 women to run and pick up Chloe on a whim and without the starting over house giving her everything she needs for herself and Chloe........ SO House PLEASE start to GET REAL!!!!!!!!

sparkledoll27 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sparkledoll27 Click to send private message to sparkledoll27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: This season is different."
Where as the other seasons I think to a degree were more about helping the women this season a lot of it is about ratings and shocking things. I didn't 100% agree with all of the exercises they had to do, but most off all I think it's about ratings and the women with the least drama and the least conflict will be the first to graduate. I predicate Sinae will be first to go and Jennifer is such a tear jerker they will hold on to her as long as they can and Towanda was on her way out until a little drama found its way into her storyline.

Dorrie

Webmaster for imissthe80s.com, entertainment site thabiz.com and author of Be My Sorority Sister-Under Pressure www.bemysororitysister.com

10-08-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: This season is different."
i agree it is slower this eason as you can read my ideals on the house i to think s will be the frist to reach her goals.and be off. the bad she will have to listen to all the gripping ang wining till she is to the top of her steps. second mom

10-10-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alison222 Click to send private message to alison222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "SO or REal world"
This show is turning into real world for older ladies. Too much emphasis on stupid things that go on between them in the house like in high school i still watch but these dumb exercises they give these ladies are getting dumb. Hopefully it will get better. Is Kim divorced? anyone know? "T"s husband said he would divorce her if she didn;t come home and she didn't call her LC right away? Very strange.

Magpie1950 51 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magpie1950 Click to send private message to Magpie1950 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SO or REal world"
I have to agree...I think this season they shifted from the individuals struggles to the interactions between the women. I don't care for this change because I can see this stuff in everyday living.

10-10-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
9. "KIM"
Since we all agree the producers shuld read our messages and work on the program.
OK DOES ANYONE KNOW IS KIM DIVORCED OR NOT??

10-11-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sparkledoll27 Click to send private message to sparkledoll27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: KIM"
As far as I know she is still married she refers to her husband as "my husband" and not ex...but strangely he is not mentioned much at all, maybe he is like some big time business guy or something

Webmaster for imissthe80s.com, entertainment site thabiz.com and author of Be My Sorority Sister-Under Pressure www.bemysororitysister.com

10-11-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: KIM"
It seems very strange that Kim never talks about her husband or talks with him on the phone. Something is weird about that relationship. When will someone give her a lesson in how clothing should fit. if i see her in that too too tight pink jogging suit with her top hanging out -ugh I cna't stand the way she puts herself together. She looked better in the sweats and t-shirt the "I" gave her.

10-11-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: KIM"
There is so much about this season I see as being unfair. I know everyone has their own issues but in my opinion Towanda wears as many labels and as much make up as Kim and from the exercise she did with Iyana she has just as many issues with clothes and make up as Kim but they are putting so much of it on Kim. I don't trus any of these shows and their is a reason why Kims husband is totally not involved, I don't believe anything , I'm so suspect that she might have even signed something saying he is completly off limits because the life coaches or Stan have not even mentioned her relationship with her husband! And we haven't seen one phone call!

aggiesjc 45 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aggiesjc Click to send private message to aggiesjc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: KIM"
That's true - Kim's husband isn't mentioned, and they focus only on her troubles with other women in her life. Maybe it is in the contract.

This season is tiresome already. So much of it seemed coldly calculated by the SO producers, such as sticking Kim in the small room with Deborah, and putting the phone at the top of the stairs so there's no privacy whatsoever. Instead of helping these women, it's now all about touching raw nerves, and exploiting them. Plus, I don't see any of these women, except perhaps Sinae, making any progress. Their troubles/problems/issues seem so vague and similar (all seem to be issues of love, trust and forgiveness) to each other, it's hard to even keep the ladies straight in my mind. Last season seemed to focus on such practical problems (Amy needs a career, Rain needs a job and an apartment, Susan needs to find her father, etc.) that it was easy to know what was going on. This season't vague problems, and lack of tangible progress is frustrating to me. Most of the time, I don't even see the purpose to the exercises they're given. Every exercise is about identifying and labeling internal and emotional problems and wearing them, or sticking them on a board or in a jar to be burned or released on a balloon to later fall as litter in the next neighborhood! Frankly, it's getting old, and I'm close to not watching anymore.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •