The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-01-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
So anyhow, I mentioned earlier that my husband's laptop was stolen from his lab. I didn't devote a whole thread to it so if you don't know the story here it is:

Mr Bob works in a lab. There are about 20 grad students and post-docs scattered around at desks the edges of the room. His chemistry work area is right next to his desk, where he kept his laptop. His Biology work area, where he grows his cancer cells, that are then tested against the various drugs, is in another lab. Mr Bob heads off to the Biology room to feed his cancer cells and comes back a half hour later. The laptop is gone. About 8 people saw the guy come in, but assumed (reasonably) he was a student looking for one of the grad students. The guy plucked Mr Bob's laptop off his desk ignored the other 4 unlocked laptops and left.

Mr Bob come back, sees his mouse and powercord, but no laptop. Life pretty much sucks. No insurance from home or work etc whine, whine, snivel, complain. Police come in and say it happens a lot. We buy a new laptop so Mr Bob can work.

Anyhow, I decided to sell the parts of the laptop left behind on ebay. We had a spare battery, a wireless card, the powercord and the Windows CDs. We don't need them, can't use them, might as well sell them. I post it all on ebay, along with some snarking comments about people who steal laptops and a suggestion to buy a lock.

Last night, my Windows CD auction was cancelled. It was "unauthorized software" and someone at Microsoft had filed a complaint with ebay. I am not allowed to sell the software unless I sell the laptop as well. But we don't have a laptop because someone STOLE it. We bought the computer and the software together. We paid for that software. We never used it. I never even put Mr. Bob's Windows XP on my computer, even though my computer came with Windows Millenium (which is the suckiest windows ever). We were good little software buyers. Now, I say we own the software and should be able to sell it if we wish.

So anyhow, I'm going to complain to Microsoft. I don't think it will do any good. But maybe I can make their lives just a tiny bit more miserable. And maybe, just maybe they will let me sell the software we paid for.

To add a little sob story, did I mention Mr Bob is doing cancer reasearch, testings drugs that area active against breast cancer and prostate cancer? To be honest, he really enjoys the work, so it isn't a sense of alturism driving him, but he's still working on it.

I find that the other countries don't complain as much if they're left as giant radioactive craters.-J Slice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? landruajm 04-01-05 1
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 2
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? landruajm 04-01-05 7
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? mavsfan 04-01-05 13
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 14
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 15
                   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? txmomma26 04-01-05 25
                       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 28
                           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? txmomma26 04-01-05 33
                               Buckets Puffy 04-02-05 44
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Surveysez 04-01-05 17
                   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? ginger 04-01-05 22
                       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Draco Malfoy 04-01-05 27
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 16
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Draco Malfoy 04-01-05 3
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? ARnutz 04-01-05 4
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 8
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Draco Malfoy 04-01-05 9
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? ARnutz 04-01-05 10
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 11
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Draco Malfoy 04-01-05 12
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? SurvivaBear 04-01-05 24
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 31
               Bad idea! udg 04-01-05 32
                   Article... udg 04-01-05 34
                       RE: Article... SurvivaBear 04-01-05 36
 let slip the pies of war... badger 04-01-05 5
   RE: let slip the pies of war... Bobdechemist 04-01-05 6
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 18
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 19
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 20
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 21
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Immunegirl 04-01-05 26
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? kyngsladye 04-01-05 23
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Snidget 04-01-05 29
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-01-05 30
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? TechNoir 04-01-05 35
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? ginger 04-01-05 37
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-02-05 43
 Update Bobdechemist 04-02-05 38
   RE: Update desert_rhino 04-02-05 40
       RE: Update Bobdechemist 04-02-05 41
           RE: Update desert_rhino 04-02-05 42
   The Amazing Mr. Sock Puffy 04-02-05 45
 RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? kyngsladye 04-02-05 39
   RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-04-05 46
       RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? desert_rhino 04-04-05 47
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? Bobdechemist 04-04-05 48
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? kyngsladye 04-04-05 49
           RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? kyngsladye 04-04-05 50
               RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil? desert_rhino 04-05-05 51
 Final Update and Thanks Bobdechemist 04-05-05 52
   RE: Final Update and Thanks kyngsladye 04-05-05 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-05, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
I'd be a lot more sympathetic about this if my ridiculously gigantimongous contract fees weren't paid by a generous grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

I take it you bought XP to put on your computer? Otherwise, you could get value that way, because yeah, ME sucks rocks mightily.

And let me say how very unsurprised I am that, while you blow things countries up, Mr Bob grows cancer. You two are definitely North America's Fun Couple for 2005.

04-01-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Right, you enjoy that grant. You have that grant because of the suffering of people like me!

Mr Bob is very attached to his cancer cells, thankyouverymuch. He was a little bit sad this morning because one of his 20 buckets of cells died yesterday.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
I do enjoy that grant. And so does SLH. You would have too, had you not admitted to bigamy before I paid you the $5K.

That's gotta be a great offer: "Here, have a bucket o' cancer!"

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
<< Mr Bob is very attached to his cancer cells, thankyouverymuch.
<< He was a little bit sad this morning because one of his 20
<< buckets of cells died yesterday.

And here I just assumed killing a bucket of cancer cells would be a GOOD THING.

04-01-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Hey! Nobel Prize, right here PLEASE!

Supposedly it is actually tough to keep the cancer cells alive. Mr Bob is very careful about the care and feeding of his cells.

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-01-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Yes, it is quite difficult to keep buckets of cancer cells alive. It is also quite difficult to keep buckets of HIV-infected cells alive too.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004
In fact, cells don't usually like buckets.

blog

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Must.ask.

How big are these buckets of cells?

SigPic by Syren

04-01-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
I have cells growing in two different kinds of containers right now.

Some are in tissue culture flasks.

(At the moment I am using a medium-sized one, which is 75 square cm large and holds 250 ml of liquid)

Others are in tissue culture plates.

(At the moment I am using plates with 24 little wells in it-they range from 6 well to 384. The wells in the 24 well plates are about 2 square cm and hold 3.5 ml of liquid)

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Thank you for clarifying. I was sitting here picturing sand buckets with little shovels attached.

SigPic by Syren

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Buckets"
Me too,Txmomma. A bucket is a bucket.

©Syren Creations, 2005

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Nobel Prize, right here PLEASE
From my reading in the Terri threads, why don't you just write the committee and nominate Mr. Bob for a Nobel. Then you can add Nominated for Nobel to his resume!

Helping our wherever I can.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
You know, I've heard of you scientist types getting attached to the rats, but cancer cells? He doesn't name them, does he?

Very admirable. I cater to lawyers, which could be deemed societal cancer cells.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Well, here's a good list to start the naming off with.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

04-01-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Yeah, I follow Microsoft's sill little rules for the same reason. Well, that and the whole scholarship at Duke thing. (Melinda went to Duke.)

blog

04-01-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Weight Watchers has done this too. When the FlexPoints system came out, a lot of people tried to sell all their Winning Points materials on Ebay, only to have the auctions shut down by WW.

The way I see it, what does it matter? They've already gotten their money when you paid for it. It's yours, not theirs, and what you do with it is your business.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
But, doesn't the Windows CD say "this software is only available with the purchase of a new computer"?

If so, it was part of the package and not the stand alone version.

My CD says something like that on it.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

04-01-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

Yes, It says "For distribution only with a new Dell computer", but if I were to sell the laptop, I could give the new owner the CD's (and if I didn't include the CD's the computer is worth less, so I'd be selling the CD's).

I actually figure that the reason someone needs the Cds is because they bought a hot computer, so they didn't get to OS. I think it is unfair that Microsoft should reserve the right to sell the operating system twice for one computer.

I own these CDs. I paid for the CDs. They have a value, but I can't sell them?

ETA: I'm sure you are right, legally. I just think we're getting doubly screwed.

I find that the other Microsoft doesn't complain as much if they're left as giant radioactive craters.-J Slice (and bob)

04-01-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Sell something else (like a sock or something) and give away the CDs for free with it.

That's what a lot of people do with custom Star Wars figures to get around the bootlegging laws.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
See, now that's thinking outside the box! ... and one way to get around it.

You should try it Bob! Otherwise, I don't think you can sell them without the computer. Sorry

04-01-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Tempting, but the message said my ebay account would be suspended if I tried to relist and I don't want to lose my feedback (all three of them) or my account.

I find that the other countries don't complain as much if they're left as giant radioactive craters.-J Slice

04-01-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
You're not relisting it. You're selling something completely different. The throw-in just happens to be something you've tried to sell but decided to give away instead.

True story, someone once sold a very common, loose, very poor condition Darth Vader action figure for $100. The throw-in was a VERY nice custom Jedi figure that looked better than anything Hasbro has ever dreamed of putting out.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Then just sell the laptop with the CD's. Write that you will gladly forward the laptop the moment the police recover it. Until then, enjoy your lovely CD's.

04-01-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
If anyone thinks this is a really bad idea, let me know because I just wrote up the posting for ebay. I haven't posted it yet, as I want to run it by Mr Bob (it being his computer and all)

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Bad idea!"
You have to be able to ship the auctioned item within 30 days of the auction's close. So, you can't sell the missing computer. However, you can sell a photo of a computer or a pair of socks or whatever and throw in the CD for "free".

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Article..."
Finally found it. This is the article that introduced me to the 30 day deadline:

Wausau couple can't sell rights to name their unborn son just yet

The couple had promised to provide the winning bidder a copy of the birth certificate after the baby boy is born. However, eBay policy requires the seller to confirm on its listing that the winning buyer will receive the item within 30 days of purchase. In this case, the baby is not due until July 14, so the Wausau parents would not be able to provide a birth certificate within the 30-day time frame.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Article..."
Could she sell a certificate for one stolen computer? I like the picture idea, I just do not want her to get her priveledges revoked.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "let slip the pies of war..."
sorry bob. and tell mr. bob sorry.

i can't help you resolve this problem. but i can post a picture and encourage you to laugh at bill gates' expense:

04-01-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: let slip the pies of war..."
THANKS

Cry Havoc!

04-01-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Sorry to hear about it Bob. Microsoft sucks. Silly post-docs and grad students not stopping the thief. I sure hope that it wasn't a student, though knowing my fellow students, I wouldn't put it past them.

blog

04-01-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Now, if Mr Bob's lab had full of proper racists, this wouldn't have happened. The skin colour did not match the general Ivy League skin colour. I'm starting to hate myself for glaring suspiciously at people who match the desciption.

I'm thinking I should probably stop glaring at my landlords, huh?

04-01-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
So many bad things I could say here, most of them really wrong. I still can't imagine just sitting there and watching someone take a laptop. Makes me really glad that our lab has so much security. (They may tell people the security is to protect the viruses, but it is really to protect the laptops.)

Perhaps.

blog

04-01-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
The desk with the laptop was in a bit of an alcove. The guy had a backpack and just plucked the laptop. So people saw the guy wander in, wander over to a set of empty desks (one of them being the desk of a T.A. that gets quite a few students) and wander out.

He was just fast and brazen.

Protect the viruses from nasty theives?

04-01-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Ah. That makes more sense.

In other news, would Mr. Bob like a post-doc? There is one sitting next to me that is really bugging me today, who I would give away at a fair price.

Yup. The locks on our doors prevent nasty thieves from stealing viruses and making some sort of evil weapon. I'm not sure I buy that they could actually do it, but whatever.

blog

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"

My last purchase on ebay was for a crappy video card and the actual software that I wanted.

La Métropole

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Do you still know the serial number for the stolen computer?

I ask because some of our collaborators at the University down the street have been having a lot of computer thefts in their building.

And the thieves put the computers on ebay, with the serial numbers and all that was needed to identify them to the police.

They were checking ebay to try to get a cheap replacement and bam...there was the exact computer they were trying to replace.

04-01-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Sadly, I have no serial numbers. They are only on the computer itself and we never copied them down. I actually have a search set up on ebay for the computer, but there are two or three a day matching the specs and none of them seem to be it. There are zero identifying marks. It's been a month.

I find that the laptop theives don't complain as much if they're left as giant radioactive craters.-J Slice(and Bob)

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?

Is the Pope Catholic um dead.... Does the Pope sh!t in the woods ... aw hell.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Can you imagine if your daughter brought this guy home in 77 and tried to convince you he was really a genius, and would help change the world?

He'd probably talk to you about Dungeons & Dragons, and you'd worry about how frail your potential grandchildren would be.

04-02-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Is that really him?
It's beautiful!!!

04-02-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
38. "Update"
I am currently selling the Amazing Mr Sock! on ebay. Mr Sock comes with special packing materials including all the CDS from Microsoft.
I am so hoping I don't get my ebay account suspended over this....

If you are curious and wanted to see his listing, you can search for "The Amazing Mr Sock" or item 5967160507.

I find that Microsoft doesn't complain as much if they're left as giant radioactive craters.-J Slice (and Bob)

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Update"
The whole problem is that Microsuck's perspective is the gentleman who stole your computer now owns the software that was OEM with said laptop.

I'm going to bid on Mr. Sock, though. I have just the place for him.

04-02-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Update"
Your foot?

If people are really attached to Mr Sock, I have a second sock and some more beads. Or I could send instructions on how to make your VERY OWN Mr Sock. It's a little technical, but with a few weeks practise, I bet most people could make an AMAZING MR SOCK!

04-02-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Update"
yeah, that's it.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "The Amazing Mr. Sock"
Are you wearing OPI nailpolish under Mr. Sock?

©Syren Creations, 2005

04-02-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"

In two days and a couple of hours, the bidding for your sock will be mad. My $2 bid will be nothing. *giggle*

La Métropole

04-04-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Oh dear, I think you might still be buying Mr Sock and I have terrible news. The AMAZING MR SOCK only has one eye right now.

You want me to cancel your bid?

04-04-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
HA-

HAH!!!

{profile shot of chin}

Now *I* am the high bidder on the Amazing Mr. Sock!

One eye? Even more appropriate.

04-04-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Are you guys allowed to do this?

04-04-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"

Flirt? Why yes we are.

La Métropole
At least last I checked we were.

04-04-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"

La Métropole
Appropriate? Sea Hags--sporting one eye since before Earth even thought of a Pope.

04-05-05, 00:47 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Is Microsoft evil or..um..evil?"
Hey, you outbid me! I'm going to have to go fix that.

Funny you should say "hag." {sweet smile}

04-05-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
52. "Final Update and Thanks "
Well, Mr Sock sold and my ebay account was not shut down. I recieved a grand total of $26 for Mr Sock, which is pretty amazing for a sock puppet, even one as amazing as THE AMAZING MR SOCK!

Now the whole fact I sold the AMAZING MR SOCK is due to OT. Otherwise I would still be grousing about Microsoft and not be having nearly as much fun as I did selling Mr Sock. I also think I have OT to thank for the fact I got more than $0.99 for Mr Sock. I'm still not sure how I feel about people I know bidding on my stuff.

So thank-you OT.

You all scare me.

04-05-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Final Update and Thanks "

How funny! I'm on dialup so I never win auctions unless I PAY NOW!

La Métropole
I'm not scary. I'm about as boring as it comes. I work in a mental health facility. I'm on a diet. I read a lot. Men suck in my city. That's all I got for now. JV is the scary one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •