The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-10-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Something occurred to me late last night as I was giving my baby his midnight feeding and all type of stramge things enter my head. Last week's episode of Survivor was much like Shakespeare's Othello. In Othello, Othello is great and powerful man that loves and is loved by the beautiful Desdemonia. However, the evil Iago plants a false idea in Othello's head - that Desdemonia has been unfaithful to him. This eventually leads to the death of Desdemonia and the fall of Othello.

Last week, we had Brandon putting the false idea into Lex's head that the beautiful Kelly had betrayed him (and considered herself a free agent). This leads to the the death of Kelly (at least for purposes of the game) and I believe will shortly lead to the fall of Lex and Boran.

Does this make sense, or does it sound like the ramblings of a blurry eyed new father?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last week's episode was a reall... mauki 12-10-01 1
 RE: Last week's episode was a reall... Frau Hexe 12-10-01 2
   RE: Last week's episode was a reall... SmokeyCat 12-12-01 3
       RE: Last week's episode was a reall... Frau Hexe 12-12-01 4
           RE: Last week's episode was a reall... Rose Red 12-12-01 5
               RE: Last week's episode was a reall... speedster22 12-12-01 6
 RE: Last week's episode was a reall... red 12-12-01 7
 RE: Last week's episode was a reall... esquire 12-14-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mauki 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-10-01, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
And Kelly doing Julius Caesar "et tu Brute?". While Lex is doing Macbeth "out damn spot!".

Mauki

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-10-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
What a fabulous connection, although I'm not sure that Lex was ever quite as noble as poor Othello, and Kelly, well Kelly never really did have those gushy feelings toward Lex that Desdimona had for Othello. Aside from these minor details, however, I definitely see it.

Brandon makes a deliciously perfect Iago. Many believe that Iago was actually in love with Othello and his lovesickness caused him to deceive Othello--lovely!

So no, despite your concerns, rather than the ramblings of a blurry-eyed father, this is delightfully clear--especially to one who hasn't slept much lately herself!

This makes me wonder just how many other references MB is going to make to Shakespeare's tragedies.

SmokeyCat 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeyCat Click to send private message to SmokeyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Frau Hexe,
Your observation about Brandon being Iago makes me think about Kelly's comment to EW about Brandon and Lex having some kind of "strange love affair" going on...not that I mean their realtionship is a sexual one. But her comments lead me to believe they are closer than anyone realizes and Brandon has used Lex's liking him to further himself in the game. This will cause Lex's ("Othello") undoing.
Smokey Cat (new poster)

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-01, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Great first post SmokeyCat.

What a sad undoing this will be, if indeed Brandon's Iago persona plays out. How delicious, though, for this to all be so Shakespearean!

Welcome to the Boards!

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-01, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
This is TOTALLY Othello, and yes, Kelly is majorly sitting on a volcano that is about to explode with her revelations about the closeness of Lex/Brandon relationship. I was flamed on another board for pointing this out, but she did refer to it, albeit obliquely. Wait til this week!
LeOthello) did EXACTLY what Iago(Brandon) wanted him to do to Desdemona(the cute, blonde, YOUNGer Kelly), which was TERMINATE HER!
San Franciscan Lex has a lot of roots in that city's community and so he would be more comfortable than most men with Brandon's open sexuality and would try to see things from his point of view. And neither Tom nor Carl and especially Frank have been nice to him, to say the least.
This Lex/Brandon alliance/relationship is gonna play out as the major story line for at least THREE MORE weeks, if neither of them goes next week, and Tom does.
If Mauki is right.(See above post for reasons.)

speedster22 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 05:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedster22 Click to send private message to speedster22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Great late night thinking esquire. That connection really makes sense! That's cool that you thought of that, baby and all! I have to say I'm very impressed.

speedie

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I really love the Othello similarities. However, I have to point out that this will only match Othello if Lex's actions do in fact lead to his downfall.

Certain spoilers seem to believe that Brandon will leave the game before Lex. If this happens, then it won't match Shakespeare's story. But I don't mean to discount your observation - it's one of the more interesting posts on the board.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-14-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Last week's episode was a really a remake of Othello"
I guess this was not really Othello. There will be no fall of Lex and the Borans as a result of the ouster of Kelly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •