The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-09-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
I watched SI last night, and two things struck me as odd. The first was the "Plan" by Brandon to go back to vote with Samburu. the question that I have is why would MB give crucial information to diehard fans, and not give it to the rest of the survivor viewers? There are two explanations.

1. MB is showing us the truth, and that Brandon will vote with Samburu next week.

2. MB is trying to fool us with misdirection.

I am leaning as of now to the second explanation, and here is why. SI is for those who spoil. It is internet based, for a huge network of internet survivor junkies who surf the web trying to figure out what will happen next. It is OK for him to lie to us!!! We will watch anyway, and salute him for playing his game well and vow to catch him next time. It is not OK for him to lie outright to the general American viewer. If he tells them that Brandon's plan is to vote with Samburu and he does not, then the public will become confused, and possibly lose interest in his show.
The second oddity that I found was his showing the Brandon clip where Brandon was vehemotly talking about how much he HATED Frank. I think that sometimes, things are hidden in plain sight. Burnett has already in SI showed us very revealing interviews with Kelly talking about the dislike that she had for Lex. We all ignored these because it would have been foolish for them to seperate this week.
I don't have enough evidance to say that Fank will be booted this EP, but I do believe that eventually, that this rift will be exploited in some way. It has just been edited too well to not become plot esential.
Naked

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift Rose Red 12-09-01 1
 RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift Bungler 12-09-01 2
 RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift zzz 12-10-01 3
   RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift Naked 12-10-01 5
 There's more to this Frank/Brandon ... Afreaqua 12-10-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-01, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
Yes, absolutely, I wondered that myself. Although Kelly's SI rants EVENTUALLY made it on to the air virtually intact. Her hatred of Lex, I mean. Brandon's hatred of Fank, I am sorry to say will be his tragic flaw. If he concentrates on getting him out, rather than winning himself, he's headed for the Toast Hotel.
With Clarence and Kelly BOTH saying, they are "rooting for Fank." What does that mean? That he's one of the final two? Possibly with Ethan?
No. Fank's going to be around longer than Brandon.

(Eidted for spelling)

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
Another way to spin this one is that they're leading up to a point where Brandon & Frank (who have both now vocalized their dislike for one another) come to a respectful agreement.

I realize that this wanders into "what if?" territory, but how's this sound? We know Frank doesn't like Brandon. He's seen him as lazy, whiny, blah-blah-blah. He would most definitely have targeted Brandon as a member of the OFA if given a chance. He just basically showed Brandon no respect, although from what we heard on the show Brandon was one of the smartest and most reasonable members of the lazy Mall Rats. He was upset by Lindsey's "don't underestimate me" rant. He tried to calm Lindsey & Silas down when they were bitching about the 3 votes Silas took in Ep 4's TC. He definitely TRIED to play it cool, and Frank and the other OFA's never really gave him any credit for it. But, as unlikeable as Frank was, the GXA's didn't get rid of him as freely as Frank would have ousted them. They respected his strength and the need to keep strong members of the tribe on the team. Okay, so Brandon's at least somewhat justified in his dislike of Frank. Now WHAT IF the Reward Challenge's "unlikely" pairing is Frank & Brandon. That's one of the most speculated about teams. What if Frank & Brandon win this challenge together and Frank starts to show Brandon a little bit of the respect he deserves (Brandon has performed well or done his fair share in ALL challenges, except for his first hilarious shot with that flaming arrow--and don't forget that Frank the bowhunter completely bombed in that challenge). And what if Frank is the one Brandon reveals his new voting strategy to? It's actually the most intelligent move I've seen in this game yet. Brandon's playing this game intelligently. Whatever happens, Episode 10 is called "We Are Family" and seems to imply some kind of respectful calm. If Brandon succeeds, he could very well garner the respect of one of the people he most dislikes and the reverse may also be true (Frank may garner a little of Brandon's respect).

Showing Brandon's strong reaction to Frank on SI may be MB's way of showing us the long way both of those men come around to respecting each other. If that actually occurs, I'd be pretty impressed by it.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-10-01, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
It is not
>OK for him to lie
>outright to the general American
>viewer. If he tells them
>that Brandon's plan is to
>vote with Samburu and he
>does not, then the public
>will become confused, and possibly
>lose interest in his show.
>

I do not know whether Brandon will stick with his plan to vote with Samburu--or whether they will even take him back--but MB's actions in the past show that he REVELS in lying to the general public to throw them off. I can remember all the way back in S1 when the Tagi Alliance turned against Kelly and were going to vote her off but she won immunity. They said--"Let's vote against Sean." But when the vote came out they voted against Colleen. MB LOVES to find tape where someone says they will vote one way but then vote another way. He has shown this type of "lying" information to the general public over and over again.

I am not sure why he showed the info on SI but not on the show. There are multiple possible explanations. But not wanted to "lie" to the public cannot be one of them in my opinion. MB just loves to use the players contradictory words to "lie" to the public. The public does not get mad at MB or the show, they get mad at the person that "lied" to the camera. It just makes that person look like an idiot. It also, in MB's opinion, adds suspense because people think the vote will go one way but it ends up going another. It does not hurt the credibility of the show (like when MB digitally alters buff colors to take conversations out of order which in my opinion does affect the show's credibility).

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-10-01, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SI and the Fank/Brandon Rift"
zzz,

<<<I can remember all the way back in S1 when the Tagi Alliance turned against Kelly and were going to vote her off but she won immunity. They said--"Let's vote against Sean." But when the vote came out they voted against Colleen. MB LOVES to find tape where someone says they will vote one way but then vote another way. He has shown this type of "lying" information to the general public over and over again.>>>

I agree with you about MB showing some misdirection in an single episode about who the Boot person would be, but I have never seen a situation in which an obvious lie was carried over to a following episode. This particular situation would be VERY confusing to the general audiance, as complex startegies are playing out right now. I can think of no other reason for the SI clip right now. I may be wrong, but after a couple of days thinking about it, Brandon not voting for Lex is the only thing that I can come up with.
Naked

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-01, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "There's more to this Frank/Brandon Rift than meets the eye"
Let's look at Brandon's profile...an army brat, gay, who dropped out of college. I'm not picturing the smoothest relationship between Brandon and his army Dad. I'm seeing a rather bossy father disappointed in his gay, dropout son...and a gay dropout son with very complex feelings about his Dad, thinking that there is nothing he can do to please him or make him understand him but (perhaps?) craving his respect anyway. Look at Frank, and the role he tried to play early in Samboohoo....I imagine Brandon dealing with Frank and subconsiously it's "OhmyGod! Dad's here."

As Bungler said:
<<Whatever happens, Episode 10 is called "We Are Family" and seems to imply some kind of respectful calm. If Brandon succeeds, he could very well garner the respect of one of the people he most dislikes>> Perhaps he might really want this on a deeper level and is not even aware of it.

OR....

As Rose Red said:
<<Brandon's hatred of Fank, I am sorry to say will be his tragic flaw.>> This could result in a "I'll show you at all costs" mentality.

Either way, there's more than just the relationship of Frank and Brandon here....I detect the ghost of Brandi's Daddy hovering nearby.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •