The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-06-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
This Week's Diva Rankings

1. Elliott

Our most improved idol wins Diva of the Week for the first time, and color me shocked. Crooning love tunes is his specialty, and while doing so, he looked downright dapper in a fitted black pinstripe suit with a sky blue tie in a big Windsor knot. (A fashionably big knot... not ridiculously huge like the ones Steven wore on Top Chef.) He also sported a white textured-stripe dress shirt with his now-ubiquious French cuffs, and a nice simple goatee. Finally, his lengthening-weekly hair, in a Seacrest-spiky style, helped to cover his elfin ears. One question remains... if they can fix a mouthful of teeth in one day on Top Model, why not on American Idol?

2. Chris
The Runner-up Diva of the Week was our rocker, who didn't dissappoint in a long black tux jacket, simple white dress shirt, and jeans with a big rectangular silver belt buckle. I also liked his black boots, scruffy beard, and trademark pocket chain. It was hard to ignore the full-Diva-treatment the producers are giving him, complete with special lighting, extra camera work, and not one but TWO onstage guitar accompanists. I suppose that's where my gripe with Chris lies... I feel a bit like I'm being force-fed Chris. Of course, now that I think of it, there sure could be worse things than being force-fed Chris. (But that's a topic for another... more adult... forum!)

3. Taylor
I rather liked Taylor's ensemble this week, a black velvet tux jacket with red lining and red pocket square, velvet pants to match, and a white dress shirt with nice embroidered texturing. It was both classy and unusual, and it would look great on me! On his shape, though, a thick textured fabric like velvet is probably something he should avoid. The way velvet reflects the light negates the slimming effect that black would otherwise have. And, AGAIN, I wish he would choose to wear some color to complement his colorful personality, and not just stick to his habitual greys and blacks.

4. Katherine
It was a mixed-bag, imagewise, for Kat this week. Her gold strappy heels and huge gold hoop earrings were fabulous, and her long, wavy-luxurious, shampoo-commercial-worthy locks were perfection as always. Certainly, her 'take no prisoners' agressive performance style this week was Diva-point-worthy. And I have to say I loved the color of her canary yellow vertical-paneled dress, and the multi-button detailing. The main problem I had this week was the unfortunate fit of the dress. Firstly, it seemed to hug her in the back a bit too much, causing a bit of overhang. (Please understand, I'm not saying she is fat... I'm just saying the dress was unflattering.) Secondly, a Diva must always avoid VPL (that's visible panty lines, to the uninitiated.) And again, if the dress had been ever-so-slightly looser in he hip area, the lines would not have been visible. (Of course, no underwear at all might have solved this too... but I'm glad she didn't make that choice... because of the third point that follows...) And thirdly, the topic I'm sure was foremost on all of our minds, the 'wardrobe malfunction.' In theory, a 'malfunction' wouldn't necessarily be grounds for a Fashion Citation. If it's carefully planned, and the Diva gets lots of extra attention from it, I have no problem with this method of audience-grabbing. The problem here was that it was an unplanned and clumsy malfunction, which revealed her white granny-panties. Now had one of her ample breasts popped out, I might have given her Diva of the Week!

5. Paris
Paris looked like an Orange County conservative grandmother in her black lace jacket, white blouse, black slacks, and choppy flipped bob. When will this chameleon settle into something that is uniquely her, instead of reshaping herself every week into some xerox copy of someone else (who is much older?) I'm tired of offering her advice... she obviously doesn't read my column.

6. Kellie
Kellie gets the Fashion Citation this week, and an Attitude Adjustment to boot. First off... the offending Fashion choice... the poofy alarmed-cockatoo hairstyle. What was the hairstylist thinking? Inexcusable. Secondly... her Adjustment is for Un-Divalike behavior. Last week, when she admitted to Butchering 'Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered,' I was willing to overlook it, because it seemed well calculated to diffuse the judges barbs (and I admired the alliteration.) This week, however, the pouty apology act wore thin. A Diva never, I repeat, NEVER apologizes for a performance. A Diva knows that just being there is worthy of applause... and therefore even her worst performance requires no explanation. Booted 4/26/06... and good riddance!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... Rhyn 05-06-06 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... dangerkitty 05-06-06 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... brvnkrz 05-06-06 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... frisky 05-07-06 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... strid333 05-07-06 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... emydi 05-07-06 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... Simon Cowell 05-07-06 7
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... nailbone 05-08-06 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... Magnolia_Rocker 05-08-06 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... archon 05-08-06 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... priestdi 05-08-06 11
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... Magnolia_Rocker 05-08-06 12
       RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... priestdi 05-08-06 13
           RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... priestdi 05-08-06 14
               RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... Magnolia_Rocker 05-08-06 15
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... khern 05-09-06 16
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... jazzyjeff 05-09-06 17
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs W... nailbone 05-09-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
You're dead on, as usual, with everyone -- especially Katharine, Elliot and Paris.

So worth the wait.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-06-06, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Yea, Larry! Indeed, worth the wait, and I'm salivating already for the next edition.

Ahhh, Elliot gets Diva of the Week! Who would have ever thought that was in his future only a short time ago? And I agree - he looked downright handsome that show, so glad to see him blossoming. He really has gorgeous eyes. Now, about those teeth...

Thanks for the clarification on Kellie's "pass" the week before for un-Diva-like behaviour. As for the hairdo, I think she had Cameron Diaz's stylist from Something About Mary.

Maybe Paris will start reading your column, now that she has some time on her hands. It would certainly do her good.

...force-fed Chris... bwahahahhaahhaaaaaa

dk

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-06, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Welcome back from vacation, congrats on the new boyfriend and thank you for our next feeding. Especailly spot on with Kat.

One nation under George, divided.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
The fact that you picked Elliot as DOTW makes me just luv ya more, Larry!

*headbutts*

Rolly made this.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-06, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Great, as always!

Three is the perfect number.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Great post Larry!

I thought Elliott looked great that nite!

and Chris...well, we agree

Simon Cowell 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-07-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Simon%20Cowell Click to send private message to Simon%20Cowell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Forget about what the contestants are wearing!

It now comes down to one thing and that's stage performance/ presence.

1.Elliot,I think is a great singer, but has the least amount of what it takes to be a great idol performer.

2.Taylor, on the other hand, has more going for him on stage but is not as good vocally.

3.Katharine, has the look and the voice, and with more training can be a very marketable product.

4. Chris, a powerful voice and strong character will make him an easy seller to the record companies.

They are all good in their own right, but the voting public will probably pick Katharine. My vote is Chris.
Elliot or Talor will be next on the boot list....

-Simon

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Forget about what the contestants are wearing!

Dood, you just haven't been around long enough yet. What the contestants are wearing is the whole point to this thread!! That singing/performing stuff is for other threads.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Excellent summation Larry!!! Love it!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
"When will this chameleon settle into something that is uniquely her, instead of reshaping herself every week into some xerox copy of someone else"

I've been saying this about the P-nut for weeks! Nice to know I'm not the only one...

Oh -- and welcome back from vacation!

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
>2. Chris
>The Runner-up Diva of the Week

>It was hard to ignore the
>full-Diva-treatment the producers are giving
>him, complete with special lighting,
>extra camera work, and not
>one but TWO onstage guitar
>accompanists. I suppose that's
>where my gripe with Chris
>lies... I feel a bit
>like I'm being force-fed Chris.

This is precisely my problem with Chris.

Coming out of auditions, when I assumed he would be an underdog, he was one of my favorites. But the pimping is so obvious, and the producers twisting of the show's "reality" is so freakingly maddening, it's hard to not resent the advantage he's being given.

I'm not rooting for him at all now.

But I ask myself whether I'd be a fervent fan if he were getting dissed every week by Simon, and wasn't getting the light shows, etc.

I'm perverse that way. lol.

05-08-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
This is the first year they have pimped my personal favorite so I'm enjoying it.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

05-08-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
I felt that way about Fantasia.

I'm still amazed Simon actually "saw" her.

05-08-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
and oh oh oh oh!

I have to post one more time. Just because I think I'm finally graduating.

goodbye Hollywood Squares Square ....

05-08-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
LOL...Congrats!!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

khern 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail khern Click to send private message to khern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-06 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

"Secondly, a Diva must always avoid VPL (that's visible panty lines, to the uninitiated.) And again, if the dress had been ever-so-slightly looser in he hip area, the lines would not have been visible."

I had been waiting to talk about the VPL all week last week and then this week I was too busy to see this finally got posted. Anyway, this was a travesty, someone should have done something about it before she got on national TV.

Great post as always, Absolutely hilarious.

jazzyjeff 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jazzyjeff Click to send private message to jazzyjeff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Great job as always! You hit the nail on the head AGAIN!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Love Songs Week"
Now had one of her ample breasts popped out, I might have given her Diva of the Week!

And I would have fainted dead away....

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Brilliant as always, LJT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •