The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly's Chat Highlights"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-01, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly's Chat Highlights"
The #1 most interesting response, IMO:
Did Kelly know about Teresa's vote for Lex?

"I didn't know who it was until right before I returned home. And then I was shocked. Who would have guessed?"

Right before she left? So does this mean she didn't talk to Teresa until almost the end? Or just that T-bird never fessed up til then?

Competing with people like Brandon, Lex, and Teresa, I think it would be hard for me to earn the title of "The Manipulator."

I think it's very interesting Teresa gets put in that group.

She never really got to know Ethan; he's a very "guarded" person.
Ethan and Lex have a "very tight bond" but Ethan is "very fair."

If she spent time with him on the jury surely he would have let down some of that guard.

Lex has never apologized to her and she doesn't think he's sorry. "It's a nasty game and there can only be one winner"

Again, no sign that they bonded on jury whatsoever.

Kim J really let her down. She was her favorite Boran before that, but it must have been a superficial bond for her to lose trust in Kelly so easily..

Kelly was ALL ALONE at the lodge the first 3 days and read Gone With the Wind. She had a lot of fun on the jury as people started showing up.

So the safari did leave on time.

Favorites of people still left: Brandon, Frank, Kim P.
Note she left out Teresa as well as all of Boran.

Really likes Frank and called him last night. Sorry she made that Meds remark in jest.. She is "rooting" for Frank. Mallrats had her snowed about him that he didn't like women, but that turned out to be so wrong.

Rooting? As in, he has a shot?

Didn't she want to say anything to Lex as she left?
She did! She walked right over to the "sitting area" and said, "
This time I DID vote for you." "The look on his face was priceless."

So we know that Lex now has a pretty good idea he was wrong about Kelly by the next day. The others would have heard that too.

All I have time to type up for now...

With every mistake, we must surely be learning--George Harrison

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights zzz 12-07-01 1
   RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights ivoryElephant 12-07-01 2
       RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights Outfrontgirl 12-07-01 6
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights Bebo 12-07-01 3
   RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights Outfrontgirl 12-07-01 8
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights AresMars 12-07-01 4
   RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights Outfrontgirl 12-07-01 7
       Agree AyaK 12-10-01 26
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights red 12-07-01 5
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights George Tirebiter 12-07-01 9
 RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights SurvivorBlows 12-07-01 10
 Teresa Never Told Anyone Her Vote! Rose Red 12-08-01 11
   RE: Teresa Never Told Anyone Her Vo... Rose Red 12-09-01 12
   I'm not making any assumptions Outfrontgirl 12-09-01 13
       RE: I'm not making any assumptions Rose Red 12-09-01 14
       RE: I'm not making any assumptions zzz 12-09-01 15
       Tom vs. Lex AyaK 12-10-01 27
 Kelly's ETonline interview munson 12-09-01 16
   ETHAN AND FRANK, FINAL TWO? Rose Red 12-09-01 17
       Hardly brilliant.. munson 12-09-01 18
       RE: ETHAN AND FRANK, FINAL TWO? drich61 12-09-01 19
 More info: EW article diamond 12-10-01 20
   RE: More info: EW article zzz 12-10-01 21
   Talking to Survivors wendyp 12-10-01 22
   A possible misnaming? Outfrontgirl 12-10-01 23
       Jerri... sleeeve 12-10-01 24
           RE: Jerri... Outfrontgirl 12-10-01 25
               Agree AyaK 12-10-01 28
                   S2 EP9... Bad Memories... IceCat 12-10-01 29
   This interview is interesting, IMO.... anotherkim 12-11-01 30
       RE: This interview is interesting, ... Loree 12-11-01 31
       RE: This interview is interesting, ... gemstone 12-11-01 32
           RE: This interview is interesting, ... anotherkim 12-11-01 37
 More from ETON line Outfrontgirl 12-11-01 33
   RE: More from ETON line zzz 12-11-01 34
   RE: More from ETON line Krautboy 12-11-01 35
   RE: More from ETON line Outfrontgirl 12-11-01 36
   RE: More from ETON line Rose Red 12-12-01 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-01, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
>
>Really likes Frank and called him
>last night. Sorry she
>made that Meds remark in
>jest.. She is "rooting"
>for Frank. Mallrats had
>her snowed about him that
>he didn't like women, but
>that turned out to be
>so wrong.
>
>Rooting? As in, he has
>a shot?

This reminds me of when Colleen made a similar remark about Rudy after she was booted--knowing when she made the comment that he got 3d place. Of course Kelly knows the final 2 at least. So the fact she makes this comment suggests to me that Frank does NOT make the final 2 or she would be reluctant to say this for fear of a lawsuit (but I really hate reading into people like that--different people can mean very different things when saying the same words).

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-07-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
I already posted a topic about Kellys chat can we keep it in one thread?
Icecat may lock one of them anyways

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

12-07-01, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
Ivory,
When I posted I looked for a thread on the chat and didn't see yours; otherwise I would have added to the existing thread.
Sorry.

zzz, I agree that the "rooting" comment doesn't mean Frank gets to Final 2, because that would be revealing, but it may mean he gets a little farther.

I got the impression that Kelly enjoyed the company of Brandon, KimP, Frank, and Tom, not necessarily in that order, and that she had fun with the people in the lodge.

She didn't get close to Ethan, or resolve her problems with KimJ or Lex, and she puts Teresa in the master manipulator category although that has yet to be seen (whereas Brandon and Lex have demonstrated the qualities).

Based on my impressions, I would guess that old Samburu may succeed in ousting Tom, but at some point Teresa and maybe Frank defect to what's left of Boran and oust Brandon and KimP--leaving Lex, Ethan, KimJ, Teresa, and maybe Frank in the Final 5.
Just a theory that fits with Kelly having fun at the lodge and not learning about Teresa's vote.

I totally agree that no-one would take Teresa to the Final 2 willingly, but she could get to #3.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
>Kelly was ALL ALONE at the
>lodge the first 3 days
>and read Gone With the
>Wind. She had a
>lot of fun on the
>jury as people started showing
>up.

>Favorites of people still left: Brandon,
>Frank, Kim P.
>Note she left out Teresa as
>well as all of Boran.

There are two ways that we can read her comment about having fun on the jury:
- The people she liked were getting booted out, and so she got to hang around with people she enjoyed.
- The people who had voted her out joined her on the jury. While she didn't have as much fun with them as she would have with her favorites, she had a lot of fun watching them walk through the door of the lodge after what they had done to her.

At first, I thought the comment referred to getting to hang with folks she liked, but now I'm not so sure. Doesn't sound like someone who had to choose between a rat and a snake in her final two...sounds like someone who had a nice decision to make instead.

12-07-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
Bebo--

>>Doesn't sound like someone who had to choose between a rat and a snake in her final two...sounds like someone who had a nice decision to make instead.

If Ethan is one of the Final 2, then she has a choice she can live with. She likes Ethan, approves of Ethan.

My feeling is that if the Boran who voted her out were to follow her in quick succession to the Lodge they would have rushed to tell her that voting her out was a huge mistake and they would have all bonded over commiserating about a fatal misunderstanding due to mistrust.

No, I think Kelly's evident disgruntlement was over getting pushed out of an alliance in which Kim, Ethan, and Lex manage to carry on... Just speculation of course.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-07-01, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
Thanks for the great update OFC.

Kelly's comment about having fun leads me to believe that some of the younger tribe mates will be joining her soon. Could you see Frank or Lex having a good time? Especially Lex after he was voted out. It bothers me that she didn't include any Boran in her favorite Boran, is this an indication that most of them didn't join her on the jury right away and thus didn't have time to bond?

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

12-07-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
AresMars,
I forgot to stress in my first post that Kelly said Tom was really fun and also Frank, as well as Brandon and KimP.

Her comment about having fun at the Lodge was about having fun WITH the people there, which started as the people began to accrue. That was clear in the context. Now it may not have been really fun due to the very next person--she speaks of it becoming more fun as the group gathers--but somehow I don't think that next person is Lex.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Agree"
OFG,

>Her comment about having fun at the Lodge was about having
>fun WITH the people there, which started as the people
>began to accrue. That was clear in the context.
> Now it may not have been really fun due
>to the very next person--she speaks of it becoming more
>fun as the group gathers--but somehow I don't think that
>next person is Lex.

I agree ... as much as Lex deserves to be booted next, I don't think he is, or else Kelly and Lex would be on better terms. I would imagine that even Lex would be apologetic if he *bleep*ed things up so badly that he got booted next. Instead, I think Kelly's comments about her favorite people (Frank, Brandon, Kim P.) reflect the people that she got to spend time with at the lodge ... and, for her to spend enough time with Frank so that her friend Brandon doesn't spoil her image of him, he's got to be booted soon ...

WARNING: SPECULATION AHEAD!

MB gave us all the Brandon betrayal comments because Brandon DOESN'T betray his new alliance ... actually, now that Lex knows Brandon lied to him about Kelly being the rat, he probably wants rid of Brandon too. But how to get Brandon to stay loyal, so Lex isn't voted out on a 4-4 tie? Easy: target Frank. Looks to me like Kelly gets the chance to find out that Frank isn't so bad because she gets to spend three days at the lodge alone with him. Then Brandon and Kim P. join them, so she gets to play hostess to them all, as she discussed in her chat. But, if Brandon came before Frank, she would probably have shunned Frank. And this is when Frank would learn that Kim P. isn't so bad, which he tells Carl and Linda...

And what if Samburu targets Brandon instead of Lex, once they find out that Brandon is going to vote against Frank, to help make sure that he doesn't win as a result of his betrayal? The "tears" in the teaser could be from Kim P., who decides to vote against her erstwhile "Mall Rat" partner. Personally, I think Ethan would prefer to save Frank, but he has to realize the vulnerability of Boran's position if they lose Brandon's vote.

Could Teresa be the S3 equivalent of Charlotte from Survivor UK?

red 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
I think the comments about Teresa (being a manipulator and not being included in Kelly's favorites) are probably representative only of the fact that Teresa cast the Lex vote, kept quiet, and the result was Kelly's boot.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-07-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
>She had a lot of fun on the jury as people started showing up.
On the Early Show, she said she gleefully adopted the role of Jury Foreman, as the first one to be on it. I think she quickly found a way to get over the shock of her wrongful accusation/ouster and a way to enjoy what was left of the game.

She also said she'd called Lex after he would've seen the show (they're on opposite coasts) and they agreed he was edited to look a bit more nasty than he'd actually been. She claims now that IRL he is a lot more likeable, but the game is the game, and brings out the worst in people. I was a bit surprised that she didn't report he'd apologized profusely for the bad decision, and despite my dislike of her demeanor in general, I thought she was fairly gracious and understanding.

Of course, this is also a girl who ADMIRES previous Survivors, listing Loozin' Soozin Hawk, Dicque, and Greg amongst her favorites. . . She felt that since she is NOT an athlete or camper herself, scheming had to be her forté.

Thanks for posting this--and whatever happened to the Insider updates?! Would they have spared us this week's lousy picks?

GT

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kelly's Chat Highlights"
Thanks for all the work OFG... I popped into the chat late and didn't have time to pay much attention, great job!

-SB

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-01, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Teresa Never Told Anyone Her Vote!"
>The #1 most interesting response, IMO:
>
>Did Kelly know about Teresa's vote
>for Lex?
>
>"I didn't know who it was
>until right before I returned
>home. And then I
>was shocked. Who would
>have guessed?"
>
>Right before she left? So does
>this mean she didn't talk
>to Teresa until almost the
>end? Or just that
>T-bird never fessed up til
>then?
OFG, I just found this thread, and while I posted this little titbit of a spoiler/thought elsewhere, I thought I would just reiterate it here.

TERESA NEVER TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THE VOTE TIL THE SHOW WAS OVER!!!!
That is what Kelly is saying? Could Teresa make the final two and everyone votes for her over say, Frank or Brandon, because NOBODY ever knew who that vote came from.

That is why she included her in the "Master Manipulator" list with Brandon.

Also, her "fun" friends indicate a variety of people coming in her door at the Toast Hotel, Tom, Frank, Brandon, and maybe even Kim P.

Still got VERY cold when the other Borons were brought up. Let's see. That's Lex, Ethan, MamaK, and Teresa. These may be the Final Four.

So who does that

12-09-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Teresa Never Told Anyone Her Vote!"
A little addenda - All day long that phone call to Lex from Kelly that she spoke of has bothered me. Why, if she hated him and had no contact with him, why would she even bother? Why would she even care? Obviously, she HAS come to care about him, and where did that reversal of fortune occur? Why at the Toast Hotel, on Loser Lake!
If I were the person who had this done to them, I would NEVER in a million years call whoever betrayed me like this and tell them not to worry about how they were being portrayed! Never!
So Lex and Kelly made friends, maybe because he was FedExed over to her, practically guaranteeing same day delivery. Imagine the two of them as the first two jury members and nobody else there yet!
PS: She read ALLLL of "Gone With the Wind" in three days???
PPS: While I realize that a lot of what the more savvy Survivors have been saying is REALLY coached - Silas for instance, but not brain-dead Diane, their Early Show blurt-outs DO have spoiler significance. And Kelly seemed as if she was mainlining Starbucks new blend - Moto Magi. She was speeding her smart little brains out! She was talking so fast, I almost couldn't understand what she was saying. Did anyone make a transcript?

12-09-01, 04:28 AM (EST)
13. "I'm not making any assumptions"
Rose Red, my bootee pick record this season is pretty abysmal but I can honestly say that nothing that's happened has truly surprised me either (including the twist and the merge).

I think that's because I don't assume I know what a particular clue means. I keep in mind the range of meanings... and then I see the show and say OK, it went that way as I knew it might rather than the other way that I decided to go with on the official pick... Onwards...

So--with respect to a clue like Kelly not knowing Teresa cast that vote until right before she left--it could mean a number of things. One possibility it leaves open: Teresa went to the end and never revealed the vote and Kelly found out at the wrap party when the Final TC votes had been cast. Or--Teresa went to #3. Doesn't the Final Vote take place right after the Final Immunity this time? Isn't that what happened in S1 (the timeline they're reverting to for S3)?

Or--Teresa gets booted at any time and never confesses because she doesn't want to... or thinks it might affect something about the jury vote. There are various interpretations, although I tend to think Teresa's conscience would prod her to tell if she got voted out soon after Kelly.

As for "Manipulator," I don't see T earning the title from this last episode alone, because Teresa kind of fell into the situation and ran with it in a passive kind of way. Brandon and Lex have engaged in active manipulations.

It's possible that Teresa too gets a taste for active manipulation; maybe this was the incident that showed her a more productive game path than sticking to "integrity" and truth all the way...

Now, to your addendum post:
Did Kelly come to CARE about Lex or be his friend? I see zero indication that happened from Kelly's chat, interview, or phone call, whereas the knowledge that Silas (Kelly's friend) took a dislike to Lex without knowing him is a pretty good indication she went home and got down on him to Silas.

Kelly's talk about her phone call to Lex on the Early Show (I did watch the tape twice) revealed that she didn't even get a very enthusiastic or friendly response from Lex. Kelly sounded frustrated but trying to put on a game face about the lack of connection. By game face I mean she carefully said he wasn't obligated to apologize or anything, but she also said the phone call only went "OK."

Remember that these people all go through significant psychological counseling when they're booted; they have a lot of conflicting feelings.

It's clear to me (because they ALL say this) that one of the main tools they are given for resolving their feelings about themselves and others (anger, inferiority, hostility, sense of betrayal going either or both ways) is the mantra: "It's only a game. People are one way in the game and another in real life. You don't want to carry any hostility back into the real world. Keep your positive bonds. Let go of the negative."

One of the things we've seen is that just prior to or after an episode is aired, the bootee may have contact with the person or persons who caused the conflict. They know they'll be asked about the conflict on TV and other interviews, and they want to have an answer that shows healing and good sportsmanship, for the most part.

(Not always. Didn't sound like Alicia or Kimmi reached out to each other, but Jeff watched Kimmi's boot in person with her, even though he did nothing but mock her while he was on the show.)

The point being--it seemed to me that Kelly reached out because it was the right thing to do and so she could say she did it. Made Kelly look like a good loser, right? No hard feelings, etc..

At the same time, the best she had to say about Lex was that he's a dad and a "decent human being outside the game"--not decent to her, Kelly, but to his own family... Hey, that's not much. That's NOT a friendship.

Clearly Lex didn't even meet her half way, as far as Kelly was concerned. This indicates to me they didn't become friends and her call was a courtesy call and fit Kelly's PR agenda.

But--since she said they never liked each other from the beginning because their personalities are not compatible (in or out of the game)--she could have spent time with him at Loser Lodge, or not. "Whatever," as Kelly might say...

Now that I have said all that--I am leaning intuitively towards guessing pretty much the same as you, that her Lodge friends likely consist of Tom, Brandon, KimPowers, and Frank--leaving Teresa, KimJ, Lex, and Ethan as the Final Four.

Kelly and KimJ did not mend fences, according to Kelly, and I think Kim could have gotten forgiveness with some time to work on Kelly, because they did have a strong friendship for most of the game.

It's also much easier to forgive someone for turning on you if the other person follows you in quick succession. It's hard to forgive a betrayal that gets the betrayer close to the end of the game.

I do think Lex and Ethan will stay with each other at the end given that combination and a choice through Final immunity, and they will get KimJ and T-bird out of the picture at the end if they can do it by controlling immunity.

Of course, it's perfectly possible that Samburu regains power and boots Lex, Tom, and Kim (and Ethan likely goes on an immunity run), but it's very hard to imagine Kelly having the fun that she describes unless the Samburu (minus Teresa) and funny story man Tom keep her company there.

So, as I said somewhere else, as of right now and with not much info, I'm inclined to think the Samburu pull off one boot, which is Tom on this next tiebreaker (meaning Lex would win IC, which was heavily foreshadowed for this last episode).

Then Ethan, Kim, and Lex could regroup by capitalizing on the OFA/GXA schism and pulling in Frank and Teresa because Frank WANTS to boot Brandon (for Carl and Linda) and go towards the end with people whom Frank likes/respects--namely Teresa and Kim and Ethan. Lex would be a necessary evil.

You can certainly argue that T-bird is in a better position for Final Four with Brandon, Kim, and Frank, but if Franks pulls towards Boran, T can't do anything with a 3-person alliance, so she would have to go over too...

I could even see KimP voting against Brandon in hopes she'll be spared and win immunity. KimP could survive Brandon and possibly Frank, based on her lack of face time to date, but she still likely ends up as one of the fun group at Loser Lodge.

However, I see NO hard evidence at all to support my speculation; there are numerous ways it can go, for sure, including that Lex is the next boot and Kelly doesn't start enjoying the company until the 3rd jury member arrives.

As for Gone With the Wind--easy read in 3 days or less, for a smart girl with no-one to talk to--a page-turner.

12-09-01, 01:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I'm not making any assumptions"
OFG, One of the greatest pleasures of this S3 experiences is - READING WHAT YOU WRITE ABOUT IT!
>
>I think that's because I don't
>assume I know what a
>particular clue means. I
>keep in mind the range
>of meanings... and then I
>see the show and say
>OK, it went that way
>as I knew it might
>rather than the other way
>that I decided to go
>with on the official pick...
>Onwards...

I keep thinking you must be a mystery writer, or want to be one. Yes, MB gives us clues APLENTY. It's the way we read them that throws us off, sometimes. He hid Kelly's hostility to Lex in PLAIN SIGHT. I mean, could she have had MORE time on Survivor Insider? She was the STAR of Survivor Insider! Is that a clue that the NEXT person to get all the SI face time will go, too? Who's majorly featured there now? Isn't it Brandon?
>
>So--with respect to a clue like
>Kelly not knowing Teresa cast
>that vote until right before
>she left--it could mean a
>number of things. One
>possibility it leaves open: Teresa
>went to the end and
>never revealed the vote and
>Kelly found out at the
>wrap party when the Final
>TC votes had been cast.

Yes. Also Kelly DID say she didn't know that Brandon cast that last vote for her until she saw the show this week and she was shocked. She had befriended Brandon, post show(or at the Toast Hotel) and had even been seen with him in Hollywood! So maybe it's a policy of Survivor 3 that nobody reveals or talks about their past votes while their having brunch.

> Or--Teresa went to #3.
> Doesn't the Final Vote
>take place right after the
>Final Immunity this time?
>Isn't that what happened in
>S1 (the timeline they're reverting
>to for S3)?

That sounds right. Remember how beat up Keith looked when he joined the jury right after his boot? He looked like he had been in a fight. And I guess, in one sense he had. Everybody else however looked fat and fabulous. Even Elizabeth, but then she always looked great.Even when her hair was falling out from malnutrition.

>Or--Teresa gets booted at any time
>and never confesses because she
>doesn't want to... or thinks
>it might affect something about
>the jury vote.

This is true, too. Brandon as I just said never revealed his vote for Kelly. And on S2 Maralyn says she was "shocked" when she saw her new "good friend" Tina vote for her!

There
>are various interpretations, although I
>tend to think Teresa's conscience
>would prod her to tell
>if she got voted out
>soon after Kelly.

I don't think so.

>As for "Manipulator," I don't see
>T earning the title from
>this last episode alone, because
>Teresa kind of fell into
>the situation and ran with
>it in a passive kind
>of way. Brandon and
>Lex have engaged in active
>manipulations.
>
>It's possible that Teresa too gets
>a taste for active manipulation;
>maybe this was the incident
>that showed her a more
>productive game path than sticking
>to "integrity" and truth all
>the way...
>
I think that IS what's coming up, because the game simply requires it of you.

>Now, to your addendum post:
>Did Kelly come to CARE about
>Lex or be his friend?
> I see zero indication
>that happened from Kelly's chat,
>interview, or phone call, whereas
>the knowledge that Silas (Kelly's
>friend) took a dislike to
>Lex without knowing him is
>a pretty good indication she
>went home and got down
>on him to Silas.
>
>Kelly's talk about her phone call
>to Lex on the Early
>Show (I did watch the
>tape twice) revealed that she
>didn't even get a very
>enthusiastic or friendly response from
>Lex. Kelly sounded frustrated
>but trying to put on
>a game face about the
>lack of connection. By
>game face I mean she
>carefully said he wasn't obligated
>to apologize or anything, but
>she also said the phone
>call only went "OK."
>
>Remember that these people all go
>through significant psychological counseling when
>they're booted; they have a
>lot of conflicting feelings.
>
>It's clear to me (because they
>ALL say this) that one
>of the main tools they
>are given for resolving their
>feelings about themselves and others
>(anger, inferiority, hostility, sense of
>betrayal going either or both
>ways) is the mantra: "It's
>only a game. People
>are one way in the
>game and another in real
>life. You don't want
>to carry any hostility back
>into the real world.
>Keep your positive bonds.
>Let go of the negative."
>
>
>One of the things we've seen
>is that just prior to
>or after an episode is
>aired, the bootee may have
>contact with the person or
>persons who caused the conflict.
>They know they'll be asked
>about the conflict on TV
>and other interviews, and they
>want to have an answer
>that shows healing and good
>sportsmanship, for the most part.
>
>I reconsider and now agree totally with what you've said.

>(Not always. Didn't sound like
>Alicia or Kimmi reached out
>to each other,

But Alicia was on the jury and Kimmi was NOT.

>The point being--it seemed to me
>that Kelly reached out because
>it was the right thing
>to do and so she
>could say she did it.
> Made Kelly look like
>a good loser, right?
>No hard feelings, etc..
I must say I never liked her til the Early Show. yes.

>At the same time, the best
>she had to say about
>Lex was that he's a
>dad and a "decent human
>being outside the game"--not decent
>to her, Kelly, but to
>his own family... Hey, that's
>not much. That's NOT
>a friendship.
--I am leaning intuitively towards
>guessing pretty much the same
>as you, that her Lodge
>friends likely consist of Tom,
>Brandon, KimPowers, and Frank--leaving Teresa,
>KimJ, Lex, and Ethan as
>the Final Four.
>
>Kelly and KimJ did not mend
>fences, according to Kelly, and
>I think Kim could have
>gotten forgiveness with some time
>to work on Kelly, because
>they did have a strong
>friendship for most of the
>game.

I know, this is troubling. Two smart women friends not getting along like this bothers me. Also, we have to remember Clarence's not liking of MamaK. either. And his post show comment about her and Brandon that "their fortunes are coming to them because of their weaknesses."

>It's also much easier to forgive
>someone for turning on you
>if the other person follows
>you in quick succession.
>It's hard to forgive a
>betrayal that gets the betrayer
>close to the end of
>the game.

Yup. See, Clarence's hostility towards "Freaks and Geeks" Ethan and Lex.

>I do think Lex and Ethan
>will stay with each other
>at the end given that
>combination and a choice through
>Final immunity,

When are we gonna see their Commitment Ceremony? Or was that the trip to the African village? They both seemed so happy, I thought for a second they were at Niagara Falls.

and they will
>get KimJ and T-bird out
>of the picture at the
>end if they can do
>it by controlling immunity.

Neither of them wants a sympathetic older woman LIKE TINA sitting next to the end, if they can help it. It'll be a very sad moment when Ethan wins that last immunity and votes off Mamakim at #3.
>
>Of course, it's perfectly possible that
>Samburu regains power and boots
>Lex, Tom, and Kim (and
>Ethan likely goes on an
>immunity run), but it's very
>hard to imagine Kelly having
>the fun that she describes
>unless the Samburu (minus Teresa)
>and funny story man Tom
>keep her company there.

TOTALLY!

>So, as I said somewhere else,
>as of right now and
>with not much info, I'm
>inclined to think the Samburu
>pull off one boot, which
>is Tom on this next
>tiebreaker (meaning Lex would win
>IC, which was heavily foreshadowed
>for this last episode).

yes!
>
>Then Ethan, Kim, and Lex could
>regroup by capitalizing on the
>OFA/GXA schism and pulling in
>Frank and Teresa because Frank
>WANTS to boot Brandon (for
>Carl and Linda) and go
>towards the end with people
>whom Frank likes/respects--namely Teresa and
>Kim and Ethan. Lex
>would be a necessary evil.
>
>I think Frank has totally opted out of the decision making process and is leaving it all up to Teresa, probably mirroring his real life relationship with his wife.
>
>I could even see KimP voting
>against Brandon in hopes she'll
>be spared and win immunity.
> KimP could survive Brandon
>and possibly Frank, based on
>her lack of face time
>to date, but she still
>likely ends up as one
>of the fun group at
>Loser Lodge.

We've seen so little of Kim Pee it's still hard for me to get a bead on her. She's SO under the radar, I sometimes think she's being digitally projected into this program from old Mickey Mouse club re-runs.

>However, I see NO hard evidence
>at all to support my
>speculation; there are numerous ways
>it can go, for sure,
>including that Lex is the
>next boot and Kelly doesn't
>start enjoying the company until
>the 3rd jury member arrives.
>
Also, true. But somehow I feel we are all stuck with annoying Lex, like Jerri, right til the end.

12-09-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I'm not making any assumptions"
I just have one minor addition to this discussion. Didn't Kelly say that she called Lex to tell him that he did not come off as evil as "they" thought he would be portrayed? If I am remembering correctly, the implies she DID spend some time with Lex at Loser Lounge or maybe they just talked about it at the wrap party before going home.

I am not saying even if she made this statement it definitively means anything, but it does suggest that she and Lex did talk about the situation at some point before last episode aired.

12-10-01, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Tom vs. Lex"
OFG,

Actually, the way it works this time is that the fifth-place finisher gets booted at the end of E12: day 36. The fourth-place finisher gets booted on day 37. The third-place finisher gets booted on day 38. The final jury vote takes place on day 39.

Thus, it's hard to be sure who gets booted when among the final five. Ethan, Lex, Tom, Mama Kim, Teresa ... she wouldn't get to spend much time with any of them, presuming they are the final five.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-09-01, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Kelly's ETonline interview"
As a companion piece to her chat, Kelly's ET interview offers some additional pieces of information, specifically:

(I don't think this info is posted anywhere else but if I missed it in my quick search thru the most recent threads, I apologize.)

ET: You had some not so nice things to say about Lex when you were voting him off. What are your thoughts now on Lex? Do you still feel so strongly?

KELLY No, Lex in real life is a cool guy; he's nice. The game just brought out a really bad side of him, especially at that point.

While I think there is plenty of evidence to support the conclusion that Kelly and Lex never really hit it off during the game, I don't know that this can be extrapolated to real life. I don't believe for a minute that they are the best of friends but, at some point, Kelly got a chance to see the real Lex outside of the game. I believe this happened at the Lodge after Lex gets booted. The purpose of Kelly's call to Lex, as stated by Kelly, was to let Lex know he didn't come off too badly. When did she find out this was a concern for Lex? On jury duty....

Another revealing comment...?

ET: You really seemed to be caught off-guard. What do you think went wrong?

KELLY: What went wrong? I didn't know BRANDON was playing a different game. I'm still curious as to his reasoning, but it's cool. I just was surprised because he spent so much time lying. But this is the way he chose to play the game, and it surprised me.

Still curious? Hmmm, seems to imply that whatever Brandon hoped to accomplish by voting for Kelly didn't happen. I mean, his reasoning would be pretty obvious if there was indeed an all Samburu final 4.

Kelly gives some insight into MamaKim with the following:

ET: The water cooler with Lex at the end. What was going on there? Did you know it was over at that point?

KELLY: Well, I had actually just spoken with KIM JOHNSON before that, because she and I were supposed to be together until the end. I was nuts about her as a person -- still am. But I could tell something was wrong. And when I approached her, I said, "Something's going on." She said, "There are three people, and I don't like the way they're playing the game, and you're one of them." And it really hurt my feelings, especially because what had I done wrong?

If Kelly is one of three, my guess is that Lex and Brandon are the others. Kim has already stated that she didn't like Lex telling her who to vote for. And if duplicity and being untrustworthy constitute Kim's voting decision criteria, then Brandon certainly qualifies as a target.

The more important question is, which of the Boran benefit most from the destruction of that alliance? Did Kim know that ousting Kelly was the beginning of the end for Boran? Sure she did. Why go along? Because now she is in a better position to finish better than fourth, which is probably the best she could do in her current alliance, and no longer needs to worry about free agent Kelly getting in her way. How? By alligning with T and Frank.

I'm starting to think Teresa earns her "manipulator" tag by making sure Samburu stays united long enough to get the upper hand on Boran, alligning with Frank and MamaKim to toss off the GXA and taking her chances in the final 3.

12-09-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
17. "ETHAN AND FRANK, FINAL TWO?"

>Another revealing comment...?
>
>ET: You really seemed to be
>caught off-guard. What do you
>think went wrong?

>
>KELLY: What went wrong? I didn't
>know BRANDON was playing a
>different game. I'm still curious
>as to his reasoning,
but
>it's cool. I just was
>surprised because he spent so
>much time lying. But this
>is the way he chose
>to play the game, and
>it surprised me.
>
>Still curious? Hmmm, seems to
>imply that whatever Brandon hoped
>to accomplish by voting for
>Kelly didn't happen. I
>mean, his reasoning would be
>pretty obvious if there was
>indeed an all Samburu final
>4.

I think this VERY INTERESTING, but confusing.
Now we all have to remember that Kelly and Brandon have been seen in Hollywood out on a "date" or "dates.
Could it be that they NEVER discussed voting strategies ANYwhere?
Maybe not. But they seem to be friends...
Kelly seems to be one of those rare people that don't hold grudges. She could go FAR in Hollywood with that thick a skin. And she's only 22...

>
>KELLY: Well, I had actually just
>spoken with KIM JOHNSON before
>that, because she and I
>were supposed to be together
>until the end. I was
>nuts about her as a
>person -- still am. But
>I could tell something was
>wrong. And when I approached
>her, I said, "Something's going
>on." She said, "There are
>three people, and I don't
>like the way they're playing
>the game, and you're one
>of them."
And it really
>hurt my feelings, especially because
>what had I done wrong?
>
>
>If Kelly is one of three,
>my guess is that Lex
>and Brandon are the others.
> Kim has already stated
>that she didn't like Lex
>telling her who to vote
>for. And if duplicity
>and being untrustworthy constitute Kim's
>voting decision criteria, then Brandon
>certainly qualifies as a target.
>
>
>The more important question is, which
>of the Boran benefit most
>from the destruction of that
>alliance? Did Kim know
>that ousting Kelly was the
>beginning of the end for
>Boran? Sure she did.
> Why go along?
>Because now she is in
>a better position to finish
>better than fourth, which is
>probably the best she could
>do in her current alliance,
>and no longer needs to
>worry about free agent Kelly
>getting in her way.
>How? By alligning with
>T and Frank.
>
>I'm starting to think Teresa earns
>her "manipulator" tag by making
>sure Samburu stays united long
>enough to get the upper
>hand on Boran, alligning with
>Frank and MamaKim to toss
>off the GXA and taking
>her chances in the final
>3.

This I think is a brilliant analysis of Mamakim's thinking and probably Teresa's, too. Do they ALL unite to get rid of Lex next week, or the week after next and Brandon after that? Probably. And Ethan will win all the immunites and Mamakim is STRONGLY aligned with him. So there's that Final Four I can't keep avoiding all day today. Ethan, Mamakim, Teresa and Frank.
Master Manipulator Teresa, indeed. This fits in with Kelly's comments, which I thought were strange, which are "I'm rooting for Frank." Didn't Clarence say that, too? Are Ethan and Frank the final two? Ethan, who we have to assume Colby-like stays with the immunity wins,(THAT BOYS IS SMART! He must have a photgraphic memory to have gotten that last IC!) will pick and choose who he wants sitting with him at the end and he WON'T want a sympathetic older woman like MK or T-Bird. So this is his choice- FRANK??????

So then Tom goes this week for sure.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-09-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hardly brilliant.."
but just taking a shot at trying to understand Kim's thinking. Because we haven't been given a lot of information about her strategy and feelings about her tribemates, all we can do is guess.

I was one of those convinced of a Ethan/Kim/Kelly suballiance. This whole Kelly vote is cause for re-evaluation, specifically regarding Ethan and Kim. Ethan, during his Insider clip with Lex, shows almost no understanding of what Kelly's boot will do to the Boran alliance. It was shocking. It seems obvious that his F2 alliance is and has always been with Lex. And he is satisfied to let Lex call the shots.

Now, Kim, that's a whole different ballgame. I could not understand why she would so blindly follow Lex after she complained about his "leadership" in the last episode. We know Kim understands how the game works - her discussion with Silas regarding the GenX alliance was masterful.

Then, we see KimP crying on the shoulders of Teresa and MamaKim in the preview following Brandon's betrayal, bonding with the enemey? Smart move supporting KimP during an emotional moment.

I no longer think Kim just went along with Lex and the boys. I think she just made her move!

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: ETHAN AND FRANK, FINAL TWO?"
>>Another revealing comment...?
>>
>>ET: You really seemed to be
>>caught off-guard. What do you
>>think went wrong?

>>
>>KELLY: What went wrong? I didn't
>>know BRANDON was playing a
>>different game. I'm still curious
>>as to his reasoning,
but
>>it's cool. I just was
>>surprised because he spent so
>>much time lying. But this
>>is the way he chose
>>to play the game, and
>>it surprised me.
>>
>>Still curious? Hmmm, seems to
>>imply that whatever Brandon hoped
>>to accomplish by voting for
>>Kelly didn't happen. I
>>mean, his reasoning would be
>>pretty obvious if there was
>>indeed an all Samburu final
>>4.
>
>I think this VERY INTERESTING, but
>confusing.
>Now we all have to remember
>that Kelly and Brandon have
>been seen in Hollywood out
>on a "date" or "dates.
>
>Could it be that they NEVER
>discussed voting strategies ANYwhere?

Kelly has also said she only learned it was Brandon that cast that vote the same time we all learned about it. I think this could only happen if Brandon NEVER made the jury. He knows she would eventually find out about it, so why try to hide it afterwards if they are still friends? The only explaination would be because he thought she would have already known. If he is one of the final 2, he may not know the rules of what the jury could not talk about. He had just always assumed she would have already known, so why bring it back up. I would also guess since she didn't know (which would be one of the reasons for the rules), she is one of the few that vote for Brandon to win.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-10-01, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "More info: EW article"
I don't think this was posted yet. Kelly says a lot of the same things she's said in other interviews, chats, etc., but there are some new things. I don't have time to go through and pick them all out, but maybe someone else can do it. The original link is: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,187615~3~0~kellysharesdirton,00.html

She's a behavior analyst and a former sorority girl. Surely Kelly Goldsmith should have had known it was better to commit to a team than to play both sides. Regardless, you've got to admit you were sorry to see her go instead of that egomaniacal Lex during ''Survivor: Africa'''s first nail-biter of a tribal council. When EW.com called her and she picked up the phone saying, ''Loser No. 8 speaking'' we hated Lex even more.

So how much do you hate Lex?
*You know what's funny? I don't hate him. It was the way he was running things that I was uncomfortable with. He went through this emotional transition when we got to Samburu. Before that he was a happy-go-lucky guy. The things he said about me were definitely cruel and unusual. Even when I said bad things about people, you could tell I was kidding. The scary thing about him was how serious he was.

Have you spoken since you've been back from Africa?
*I called him last night, actually. Before I started speaking ill of him on TV we talked every once in a while. After the Thanksgiving episode I knew I was next, so I waited until the show aired to call him again. I called him last night because I wanted to tell him I had no ill will and it's just a game. He wasn't too excited to hear from me, so that was a quick conversation.

Why didn't you try harder to convince Lex that you didn't cast the vote against him?
*Any sort of sign of desperation is just seen as a big red flag that gets you voted off. That's what killed Lindsey, and I didn't want to go out that way. I really wanted to stay, but I wasn't about to spend all day kissing up to him.

So your primary anger is channeled toward Lex?
*Actually, Kim and I had the tightest bond there, and at one point I said, ''This is going bad for me. Can you help me out?'' She was very unsympathetic and completely left me in the dust. After a couple of days went by, I approached her right before tribal council. When her butt was on the line losing all those challenges, I would have done anything to help her stay. But she just said, ''There are three people in this game that I don't like how they're playing and you're one of them.'' What hurt even more is that I heard her talking to Lex, telling him our plans to go all the way and she was saying, ''That's Kelly's plan.''

Do you wish you had played differently?
*I don't. My initial strategy was to get into a five-person alliance. Lex approached me, Kim, Ethan, and Tom, and I was very happy with the way things were shaking down. I felt like I was friends with everybody.

So you're cute and in an alliance with the dreamy Ethan. Why no tribal hook-up?
*Everyone loves Ethan and that's cool. He deserves it. But he's very quiet and reserved, which is a great strategy for playing the game. But I don't think that's strategy; I think that's who he is. He doesn't want to reveal a lot about himself. I refused to be under the radar, so it made it tough for us to chat. There's only so much you can talk about maize.

What was up with Brandon voting for you over Lex?
*Brandon was really bitchy. Brandon and Lex had this weird love affair from the second they met. Just from an objective standpoint, it would have been better strategically to go with his four and me. I had no idea he voted against me for the longest time. It was definitely a surprising tactical move on his part.

What was it like being the first member of the jury?
*We were up in this great lodge with awesome food -- not that I wouldn't have traded it all for a few more days in the game. I read ''Gone With the Wind'' the first three days. I bought a bunch of books for the plane and ended up reading them all in the lodge.

What was up with your crocheting needles as a luxury item?
*They came in incredibly handy because I could make little towels. We didn't have anything to wash ourselves off with, and cleaning those pots and pans became very important because they were really gross.

Did being a behavioral analyst help at all?
*Well, as I'm loser No. 8, I can't say it helped me that much. It did help me stay interested in the game because I'm fascinated by human interactions. From a strategic standpoint, I think I played like most people would.

In your bio, it says one activity you enjoy is ''manipulating men.''
*I put that in there, and it was supposed to be a joke. I played up this whole man-eating sorority ##### thing to get on the show. I thought they'd think I'd get good ratings if I was a #####. But it was really more of an act than anything else.

You played Abigail in your college production of ''The Crucible.'' Any plans to branch out into acting?
*I would love to get into entertainment. I'm living in Los Angeles now and I've been editing books. I've been calling myself a professional nerd. I've always liked acting and drama but it's so competitive, so I never pursued it. If nothing else, I'll go to graduate school in the next couple of years.

Maybe Lindsey can help you with your career?
*I actually had a major ethical conflict. I saw her in a sushi restaurant but we're never supposed to talk to any of the survivors. I really wanted to talk to her about everything but what could I do? I stayed true to my CBS promise.

12-10-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
21. "RE: More info: EW article"
>Maybe Lindsey can help you with
>your career?
>*I actually had a major ethical
>conflict. I saw her in
>a sushi restaurant but we're
>never supposed to talk to
>any of the survivors. I
>really wanted to talk to
>her about everything but what
>could I do? I stayed
>true to my CBS promise.
>

I am very confused. Why can she call Lex but not talk to Lindsey? Is it because Lindsey did not make it to the jury? And I thought Silas said he talked to everyone except for Lex. I am so confused.

P.S. Thanks for the reprint.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-10-01, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Talking to Survivors"
*I actually had a major ethical conflict. I saw her in a sushi restaurant but we're never supposed to talk to any of the survivors. I really wanted to talk to her about everything but what could I do? I stayed true to my CBS promise

I found this interesting that she said that they could not talk to the other survivors! Last year we saw pictures of Colby and Nick, Tina and Mitchell and Jeff & Alica. Why can they not talk to each other? ANd isn't she reported to be seen with Brandon?

Also if they are not suppose to talk to each other what is with the questions that each are asked about Who do you keep in touch with.

I could be missing something.

12-10-01, 07:51 PM (EST)
23. "A possible misnaming?"
Thank you! munson and diamond for these additions. I am adjusting my perspective a little as a result but LOL still in transition...

As to:
I actually had a major ethical conflict. I saw her in a sushi restaurant but we're never supposed to talk to any of the survivors.

The only thing I can think is they mean Jerri and there's a typo there. The person needs to be someone in show business or in a position to help get Kelly in. Jerri and Kelly both live in LA. Jerri and Lindsey were both bitches who got compared, so MAYBE someone mistyped there...

It would totally make sense for their contract to forbid them to talk to Former Survivors. Silas wasn't on the jury, yet he and Kelly hang out, so there's NO WAY that interview question makes sense as written that I can tell.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-10-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Jerri..."
This makes a lot more sense...

I have no idea whose mistake it was (maybe Kelly just had a brain fart when asked the question, or it could have been the reporters mistake), but I think Jerri is the right answer to this question.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

12-10-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Jerri..."
Since sleeeve agreees with me, I feel pretty confident now.

The reporter must have asked the question with the name Jerri, because Kelly's answer fits Jerri, and her answer only says "she."

My guess is the person typing up the interview after the fact made the error that caused this confusion.

12-10-01, 09:43 PM (EST)
28. "Agree"
Yeah, there has never been a rule that says survivors from the same show can't hang out together, but there was a rumor that MB was upset last year when Jerri went out with Kelly and some of the other S1 survivors, and then they figured out (and revealed publicly) that, in their opinion, she got booted before the last stages. (See the S2 discussions, when Krautboy used that among his reasons for predicting that Jerri would be booted in E9 ... which was correct and convinced me, among others.)

It wouldn't surprise me if MB put in a new rule that contact with former Survivors was verboten until after you were booted yourself....

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "S2 EP9... Bad Memories..."
S2 EP9... The day that I stopped trying to use logic to predict player behaviour and switched to concentrating on video evidence.

It was a bad, bad day for me...

Just about stopped watching the damn show after that!

September 11, 2001

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-01, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "This interview is interesting, IMO...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-01 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

It gives some interesting twists to the soundbites that have been floating around about Kelly and who and what she knew:

*I called him last night, actually.
>Before I started speaking ill
>of him on TV we
>talked every once in a
>while. After the Thanksgiving episode
>I knew I was next,
>so I waited until the
>show aired to call him
>again. I called him last
>night because I wanted to
>tell him I had no
>ill will and it's just
>a game. He wasn't too
>excited to hear from me,
>so that was a quick
>conversation.

**Obviously, no love lost between them--he is probably feeling like a total idiot once he sees how things went down and how T. played him like a drum. But, by mentioning prior conversations, that could easily be where she and Lex discussed his portrayal as evil and bad, even if they didn't hang out at the lodge.
I think they did, though. I don't think he will survive--he is too easy a target with all those votes.

>>*Actually, Kim and I had the
>tightest bond there, and at
>one point I said, ''This
>is going bad for me.
>Can you help me out?''
>She was very unsympathetic and
>completely left me in the
>dust. After a couple of
>days went by, I approached
>her right before tribal council.
>When her butt was on
>the line losing all those
>challenges, I would have done
>anything to help her stay.
>But she just said, ''There
>are three people in this
>game that I don't like
>how they're playing and you're
>one of them.'' What hurt
>even more is that I
>heard her talking to Lex,
>telling him our plans to
>go all the way and
>she was saying, ''That's Kelly's
>plan.''

I don't think she and Kim made up either, obviously. I would think that she and Kim would have had this conversation out between the two of them...she sounds like she is still smarting from it all. MamaKim may not have been at the lodge very long.

>*Brandon was really bitchy. Brandon and
>Lex had this weird love
>affair from the second they
>met. Just from an objective
>standpoint, it would have been
>better strategically to go with
>his four and me.
>had no idea he voted
>against me for the longest
>time.
as definitely a
>surprising tactical move on his
>part.

This doesn't men that he never told her--just that she was unaware of it until he did tell her. Kelly exaggerates...the longest time could have been two or three more bootees. I think he would have 'fessed up when they were together again at the lodge. Her objective comment also indicates that his plan didn't work for some reason. She can't come out and say that he screwed himself, but she can hint--I think she did.

As for referring to T. as a master manipulator, I think that Kelly as well as Lex and the rest of Boran must have been thrown for a loop when they saw how she bluffed them into screwing up their shot at the million. Remember, even if Lex makes it to the end, there is no way Kelly will vote for him and that all goes back to T. She threw a kink in the machine and then changed the course of the game. No one suspected her of being the "snake" and she played it to the end. I wouldn't have told anyone if I were her--what did she have to gain. I also think that she couldn't tell anyone during the game since she was in the final 2.

I think Kim J and Teresa make it to the final 4--T. could easily dump Brandon and KimP in favor of Kim J (and she would be smart to do it--no threat there in any challenges) and maybe Tom. I think we have just begun to see how T. is able to play her southern charm to the end. MB might not want another Tina to win, but he can't stop it in the end.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: This interview is interesting, IMO...."
I am leaning towards the fact that Lex does not make the final 2. If he had a chance at being the winner he would not be so unfriendly to Kelly. He also wouldn't care how he is portrayed on the show. But if he screwed himself with the Kelly witch hunt then he would still resent her. His ego would want to think it was somehow her fault. And he would be worried how he looked on TV since it didn't help him win.

When Kelly was on Letterman lastnight she said that she thinks she knows who won. They asked her if she knew the winner. Of course she said she couldn't answer. But she said she was pretty sure she knew who it was. Does this mean an overwhelming favourite and not a tight vote?

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-11-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: This interview is interesting, IMO...."
"dump Brandon and KimP in favor of Kim J (and she would be smart to do it--no threat there in any challenges) and maybe Tom."

No way should they take 2 Boran into the F4. Too much risk to be against a Boran in the F2 splitting votes down tribal lines. They want to be against another Samburu so they can fight for those 5 Boran votes.

"As for referring to T. as a master manipulator"

NO, she was not trying to do this by voting for Lex and then she had to lie to keep Lex from booting her because of it. Her lying was just plain old self defense. It was an innocent deed (keeping a promise to Clarence) that BRANDON turned into a masterfull plan that changed the course of the game. Give credit where credit is do, to BRANDON!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: This interview is interesting, IMO...."
I didn't say that T. intended to be a manipulator--she took what happened and ran with it and the chips fell where they may, so to speak.

I think Kelly and others would see her as being a manipulator for being able to swing her negative position into a positive. T. was their logical choice and she, through her unintentional act, managed to survive and buy herself several more TC's in the process.

And, I think that taking two Boran would be dangerous, too, but Frank doesn't like Brandon and Kim P is an immunity threat.

I can't wait til Thursday.

Kim

12-11-01, 06:18 PM (EST)
33. "More from ETON line"
This quote at the end of Kelly's interview caught my eye today.
I hadn't seen it posted.
-----------------------------
ET: You and Brandon were spotted hanging out in LA. Are you still friends even though he voted against you?

KELLY: I am friends with everyone from the cast. I love Kim and Brandon, I love CLARENCE a lot. SILAS lives two blocks from me, I see him all the time. I talk to FRANK. I have to give a shout out to Frank, he's a great guy. He has a lot of love in his heart.
--------------------------------
The obvious part is her partiality to Samburu (NOT including Teresa) and the omission of all Boran still left in the game, even though she is "friends with everyone."

One can look at this simply as a young people's list, except that Frank's on it (and not young Ethan)--which makes it look to me more like a lodge member list plus her friend Clarence and her neighbor Silas.

The interesting part for me is that she lumps together "Kim and Brandon" as if they remain a unit of friendship in her mind.
With the "Betrayal" in this episode, I've seriously been considering that Brandon and/or KimP turn on each other. As close as they've been, I don't think they would remain friends if they did that. Seems like it would be a KimJ/Kelly type estrangement.

This quote makes me feel that Brandon and Kim are joining her soon but not because they directly turn on each other.

I have no problem with Brandon showing up at the Lodge and not telling Kelly he was the swing vote for her ouster, simply because if the wound is fresh they might have less fun together. It's not like Brandon has any compulsive honesty, is it?

I also think he could get KimP to be quiet about it if she follows Brandon and they are still friends. But if Brandon turned on KimP this episode by voting with Boran to oust her--I'm sure she would rush to Kelly and tell all.

I was thinking Tom might be next at the Lodge, but he's not showing up on her lists (yes, I realize Kelly could omit him on purpose) except in a casual way as a funny guy. I think Brandon, KimP, and Frank must be the next 3, but in what order?

Since Lex or Tom would lose a tie-breaker, there must be a 5-3 vote or a split vote for any of these 3 to go, as there is no way that 4 Samburu would vote against Ethan or MamaK, who have no votes. Therefore Samburu will prevail if there's a 4-4 tie.

How can Samburu lose?
1) Easiest: Brandon votes with Boran against Frank. Yeah, but why was he invisible last time and in the upcoming previews?
KimP might forgive Brandon for that, but it sure makes him a traitor to his tribe.

2) Brandon votes with Samburu (he thinks), maybe against Tom, but Teresa defects to Boran and tells them Brandon's a sssnake, and Frank joins in, and they vote out Brandon (and next KimP and then Frank). That would account for Kelly not realizing that Brandon ousted her--if Brandon's switch to Boran only lasts one episode. If Brandon stays with Boran to vote out Frank, won't it be extremely obvious to Kelly that Brandon defected the time before?

3) If Brandon goes, that would mean the one "out" gay person would be gone for the episode titled with the gay pride anthem. Brandon seems like the one candidate to quote that song title, probably not in ref to himself but in trying to stress that MotoMaji has become a family and no longer a divided tribe. Right. Anyway, he ought to be there for next episode, so:

Ethan did say he wants to vote out Kim Powers. If Boran got Teresa's vote, they could do that, and Brandon wouldn't have to betray her, and B and K could remain friends. But she has so little face time to date! She's been so UTR!

OK, I've now run through the list and talked myself out of everything... Help! Shall I go back to Tom?

(I really don't think Lex goes this week...)

12-11-01, 06:34 PM (EST)
34. "RE: More from ETON line"
OFG--

Isn't that generally the problem? There are always multiple clues pointing in different directions. You never know which is the genuine clue. After the show airs, you point back and can say "that was the genuine clue." The problem is that there was no reasonable basis before the show aired to determine that the genuine clue really was the genuine clue. The false clues, in retrospect, were still just as plausible.

People around here spend much of the time arguing why the clue they are following is the correct or genuine one. But, as we have seen, a lot of the time almost everyone is wrong (except for easy picks like Linda).

So does that mean we give up? NO--it just means we keep trying and hope we have picked the right clue. If we don't (and so far I never have), we just keep having fun trying. It is certainly more interesting than just having elipsiiis feed us the answers.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: More from ETON line"
>With the "Betrayal" in this episode,
>I've seriously been considering that
>Brandon and/or KimP turn on
>each other. As close
>as they've been, I don't
>think they would remain friends
>if they did that.
>Seems like it would be
>a KimJ/Kelly type estrangement.
>
OFG: I've posted this comment on another thread, but I don't think "the betrayal" part of this weeks episode is anything more than the reaction to the Brandon's betrayal at TC last week. We haven't seen anything other than the previews and based on KimP's reaction, it will be a big part of the show; big enough to be included in the title and if either Brandon or KimP win the RC, it makes even more sense. The betrayal already occured; the reaction to it is still to come...

Krautboy

12-11-01, 07:49 PM (EST)
36. "RE: More from ETON line"
zzz--you are right about hindsight, and no, I don't give up either.

Speaking of hindsight, Krautboy, your post and thread was first rate (for some reason I didn't add to it, but I wanted to say so). I have thought many times I would like to start a hindsight thread on Friday. I think it would be a very useful weekly feature.

Krautboy, you are probably right if Burnett is playing straight with this week's preview, as he occasionally does.

My suspicious nature suggests to me that the KimP reaction is early, limited in scope, and PERHAPS even staged in front of KimJ at Brandon's urging, so that Boran will be tricked into believing Brandon has sold out to them. I have a very devious mind that way...

KimP ought to know Brandon well enough to believe his explanation of the strategy. It's Teresa who might be outraged and impossible to convince that he did it for Samburu's good.
She might be very conflicted (and thus cry).

That would make for another surprising episode because no one is expecting that this week, or at least I haven't seen it suggested. Misdirection towards KimP as the outraged, just as we expected Teresa to be the target of the snakehunt last week.

Teresa at TC when voting for Lex said he was nice and had good leadership skills (and this AFTER the witchhunt!), so maybe if he wins immunity she figures if she can't beat em she'll join em.

12-12-01, 03:37 AM (EST)
38. "RE: More from ETON line"

>The obvious part is her partiality
>to Samburu (NOT including Teresa)
>and the omission of all
>Boran still left in the
>game, even though she is
>"friends with everyone."
>
>One can look at this simply
>as a young people's list,
>except that Frank's on it
>(and not young Ethan)--which makes
>it look to me more
>like a lodge member list
>plus her friend Clarence and
>her neighbor Silas.
>
OFG, I think you are totally right on here. "The List at Loser Lodge" Sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock TV show. I love it. I also thought her sort of cringing and coldness towards her former tribemates was telling. She has a grudge against them, and not the Sambies. They go to the end? Most likely. But I don't think all FOUR of them do. I'm still leaning to Tom's dismissal. But not would mean the Samboohoo would have to totally reunite. And Teresa and Frank LIKE Tom. HOWEVER, her not mentioning TOM at all in a major way was telling us something, too, I thought, in all her interviews.

>>I have no problem with Brandon
>showing up at the Lodge
>and not telling Kelly he
>was the swing vote for
>her ouster, simply because if
>the wound is fresh they
>might have less fun together.
> It's not like Brandon
>has any compulsive honesty, is
>it?

NO.

>
>
>I was thinking Tom might be
>next at the Lodge, but
>he's not showing up on
>her lists (yes, I realize
>Kelly could omit him on
>purpose) except in a casual
>way as a funny guy.

OFG, these people are sooooo coached before they go on the air. I mean, sooooo coached, but then they don't follow the instructions they've been given. As I'm SURE Diane didn't when she listed everyone IN ORDER on The Early Show!

But there are some tell tale "plants" I think where you can see MB's hand-writing, as it were. I thought Clarence and Kelly's BOTH saying IN THE EXACT SAME WORDS. "I'm rooting for Frank."

Once, I thought, OK. But I didn't know Clarence(who seems to have left the show CENTURIES ago at this point)liked Frank. And I didn't know Kelly liked Frank.
Swarms of MB's "Bumblebees"(assistant directors, producers and press agents) surround and guide these contestants like hawks, don't kid yourself.

Have you ever been in a room with a press agent and their celeb clients? Well, I do this almost on a daily basis, and the control they exert is ENORMOUS. And thats just ONE press agent. Image a TEAM of them surrounding you and telling you want to do and say. Monitoring their every move, their every utterance. Just like they did back that first Survivor Finals weekend when they have them all in the same hotel and none of them can look at or talk to each other.

Now they can especially control something like a print interview where you can stop the tape. Now on A LIVE TV SHOW. Like the Early Show, which is also the first time they are seen as themselves and the first time they are experiencing what its like to be interviewed by the press, well, you go just go wild and say ANYTHING which Diane did, and Kelly seems to have, too.
So if you are ANGRY at MB and C-BS this is where you can get back at them ON THE EARLY SHOW. And then you go, "Ohimigod! Did I say that!?! I didn't mean to?!? I'm so stupid!?" And in Diane's case, what could they say?
She gave away THE WHOLE FIRST HALF OF THE SERIES. With the red herring of Teresa. What was MB going to do, sue her?
Now, Kelly has a long of anger, too, though it's totally justified, of course.
And while she went along with "I'm friends with everyone" an MB line. "I'm rooting for Frank" another MB line, she really went off on KIMJ which I don't think they planned on her saying. Or maybe they did, because it draws attention away from BRANDON and LEX.
The whole phone call to Lex also sounded like a put-up job. Like Carl's sleeping with Teresa. Like you're sitting around in YOUR GORGEOUS ONCE IN A LIFETIME HOTEL SUITE in New York, with the skyline of the city glittering below you, and who are you surrounded by THE BUMBLEBEES, and one of them suggests "Why don't you give Lex a call tonight?" and even though she may have had misgivings, she called him.
She also said later, but not on the Early show, "He wasn't happy to hear from me."
This is something that smells OF SPIN.
Also, it's a great anecdote, and time-taker-upper on a live TV show, where you are really trying to divert all possible attention TO LEX and OFF OF TOM(the most likely next bootee) BRANDON(and LEX), which pardon me, is, I think, going to be the big bombshell that gets dropped next week when the ENTIRE tribe focuses on Brandon, and "his sexuality becomes an issue" finally fulfulling Jeff Pee's prophecy.

I realize we are all now spoiling the Loser's Post Show INTERVIEWS as much as we are spoiling the show THIS WEEK. Because a)Kelly has such a big mouth and is so articulate and talked a mile a minute and b) she wants to be an actress, and so is attracting as much attention to herself as possilbe before she sinks into the Bootee Swamp and her fifteen minutes are over. She's also loves and has studied Survivor and now sees her interviews an unmined gold mine of attention and a possible shot second chance shot a stardom.

Kelly was also genuinely miffed that they didn't show "Brandon staying up all night on watch with Lex spoon-feeding lies about me." She really seemed angry about this. This was also something I don't think they wanted her to mention, because this is what the next week's show is all about. THEN on her EW interview, which sounded like a phone-er(as we say in the biz) to me(meaning it was on the phone and not it person) she says that "Brandon was in love with Lex from the moment he walked into their tribe." or something like that.

Nobody's talking about this now, but they will be next week.Or rather this week.

>Since Lex or Tom would lose
>a tie-breaker, there must be
>a 5-3 vote or a
>split vote for any of
>these 3 to go, as
>there is no way that
>4 Samburu would vote against
>Ethan or MamaK, who have
>no votes. Therefore Samburu
>will prevail if there's a
>4-4 tie.
>
>How can Samburu lose?
>1) Easiest: Brandon votes with Boran
>against Frank. Yeah, but
>why was he invisible last
>time and in the upcoming
>previews?

This could happen and MB may have left Frank out to deliberately F*** with all our spoiling minds. We have a new spoiler rule. Well, he'll just go and break it just to show US. And if this is true and Frank goes this week, then we all can say "HI! MB! Thanks for reading Survivorblows!"

>KimP might forgive Brandon for that,
>but it sure makes him
>a traitor to his tribe.
>
Which at that point would only be Teresa, if Frank left.

>2) Brandon votes with Samburu (he
>thinks), maybe against Tom, but
>Teresa defects to Boran and
>tells them Brandon's a sssnake,
>and Frank joins in, and
>they vote out Brandon (and
>next KimP and then Frank).
> That would account for
>Kelly not realizing that Brandon
>ousted her--if Brandon's switch to
>Boran only lasts one episode.
> If Brandon stays with
>Boran to vote out Frank,
>won't it be extremely obvious
>to Kelly that Brandon defected
>the time before?
>
>3) If Brandon goes, that would
>mean the one "out" gay
>person would be gone for
>the episode titled with the
>gay pride anthem. Brandon
>seems like the one candidate
>to quote that song title,
>probably not in ref to
>himself but in trying to
>stress that MotoMaji has become
>a family and no longer
>a divided tribe. Right.
> Anyway, he ought to
>be there for next episode

This is the strongest reason for Brandon to stay although this may be another MB set-up. I've been asking people all week about 'We Are Family' and the bulk of them(and most of them are gay) say that it's a feminist or lesbian anthem. I have yet to get that it's a gay anthem from any gay man I've talked to this week. I'll keep checking. It could be the three remaining women who sing it led by that Southern songbird Teresa, rejoicing in having gotten rid of an array of a troublemaking man in the past two week.
>
>Ethan did say he wants to
>vote out Kim Powers.
>If Boran got Teresa's vote,
>they could do that, and
>Brandon wouldn't have to betray
>her, and B and K
>could remain friends. But
>she has so little face
>time to date! She's
>been so UTR!
>
So this FOR SURE means it's not Kim Powers. And in Ethan's and Lex's goat conversation, they didn't mention WHICH Kim.

>OK, I've now run through the
>list and talked myself out
>of everything... Help! Shall
>I go back to Tom?

Yes! And I think I am, too.
>
>(I really don't think Lex goes
>this week...)

Agreed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •