The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-06-01, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
with text...

{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor...

{Jeff Probst} ...Tom's body starts to rebel.

{Brandon} Oh my golly gee.

{Ethan} Tom's got a third eye.

{Jeff Probst} Brandon's in the doghouse.

{Kim P.} I was set up...but by somebody I thought was my friend.

{Kim P. -- miming a gun} Pow!

{Jeff Probst} And Lex's loyalty is questioned.

{Tom} And Lex is beginning to get a little shaky on us.

{Lex} Last night we had to do something to save our ass...

{Lex} ...I acted...

{Lex} ...and I'm regretting it now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps! IceCat 12-06-01 1
   RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... Bungler 12-06-01 2
       RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... SurvivorBlows 12-06-01 3
           RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... I_AM_HE 12-07-01 7
           Kelly as a threat wendyp 12-07-01 10
       RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... FFantasyFX 12-06-01 4
           RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... Bungler 12-07-01 6
           RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... coupland 12-07-01 8
       RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... zzz 12-07-01 9
           RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps... tackysue 12-07-01 11
       POW MakeItStop 12-07-01 13
 THANK YOU!! s_man 12-06-01 5
 RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Loree 12-07-01 12
 RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-09-01 14
   RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps true 12-10-01 15
       RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-10-01 19
           RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Naked 12-10-01 21
           RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Gecko28 12-10-01 22
           RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps tribephyl 12-10-01 24
               RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps diamond 12-10-01 25
               RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 12-11-01 30
   RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps wendyp 12-10-01 16
       RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps NightScribe 12-10-01 17
           RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Bebo 12-10-01 18
               the "little creatures" NightScribe 12-10-01 23
   RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps Gecko28 12-10-01 20
   Just to muddy the waters a bit. . . George Tirebiter 12-11-01 26
       RE: Just to muddy the waters a bit.... MC_Hampster 12-11-01 27
           RE: Just to muddy the waters a bit.... George Tirebiter 12-11-01 28
       GT! I Could Just Kiss Yah! IceCat 12-11-01 29
           RE: GT! I Could Just Kiss Yah! George Tirebiter 12-11-01 31
       A revision George Tirebiter 12-12-01 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-01, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
Great Work Bungler!

Howz about a cap of KimP in her buff-skirt

September 11, 2001

12-06-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

Already done for ya, buddy! And I did it before I even realized you'd asked. Check out the East Coast topic.

BTW, has anybody noticed that in the cap with Kim saying "Pow!" she's talking to MAMA! I think this is majorly significant. Instead of Brandon being the brains behind this new twist that carries the "We Are Family" former Samburus into the Final Four, it's starting to look like a snow job orchestrated by the full four of them. Teresa said they needed to make a move at TC. I think we were supposed to think that the courting of Kelly was the "move" they had in mind, but I actually think it was a smart maneuver to oust a previously strong Boran who had no votes against her. They've now gained parity (4-4) in Ep 9 votes and have their pick of Tom or Lex, who have 3 and 6 votes respectively. And by pleading their miserable case to an old Boran ("Woe is me, my friend Brandon turned on me!") they keep the Borans snowed into thinking that Brandon was a turncoat who's now on their side. The snow job may not work (I have a feeling the Borans will figure it out, and Ep 9 will find Lex vs. Brandon in a 4-4 vote that ends with Lex's ouster based on priors), but it's still a brilliant trick they pulled on the dominant Tagi-wannabes.

I'm actually pretty impressed. This was the most unexpected move from Samburu, but it was unbelievably savvy.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 00:11 AM (EST)

Bungler, I like your theory, but I'm thinking it's asking waaayyyyy too much from this group.

Plus the only problem is I wouldn't have put Kelly anywhere near the top of the Boran threat list -- at best she's fourth after Ethan, Lex, and Tom.

-SB

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
it didn't matter who was a threat. it mattered who they could get Boran to vote against. Lex and Kelly had the obvious tension, and Lex was tighter with the rest of Boran, therefore harder to get them to vote against (with the exception of Kelly)

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-07-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Kelly as a threat"
I think she was atleast a small threat. Remember how mad Brandon and Kim were that Kelly lied to Lindsey and made her look like a fool. They said something like that was not cool and they would not do that. My guess is that they knew she would play both sides and that they could not be trusted after the TC where Lindsey was voted and they told her they were voting for Brandon.

I think the Lex wanting to vote for her was the only reason she voted with them. Brandon I think was a shock, but I go back and forth on if it was planned. Unless T is now going to tell Lex that she was the one who voted for Lex and that is why he is telling the other Borans he screwed up. Why else would he be now saying he screwed up? The other Borans would be furious that they kicked off one of their own on his gut and it was wrong.

I can see Tom voting for Lex this week!

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-06-01, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
Man, great job Bungler. You beat me to the punch in pointing out the shot where Lil' Kim talks to Mama Kim.

I do have a few questions though. When looking at the video, it looks like a person is made to think that the conversation that Lil' Kim starts with Teresa is continued with the "Pow" gun shot gesture she makes to Mama Kim. I'm not entirely convinced it's the same conversation. The background doesn't quite fit, and wouldn't the pile of logs in the second piece be noticable in the picture with Teresa too? Perhaps the gesture is being taken out of context with clever editing.

But, I think the shot still serves to highlight whether or not the question of whether Brandon is with or not with old Boran is not the only thing to consider this episode. Even if Brandon is loyal to his new friends, Mama Kim is definitely going to have some thoughts about jumping the sinking ship that is L/E/T and would be the best possibility for recruitment for the old Samburans

12-07-01, 00:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
FX --

I think in Cap #9, you can see the logs in between Kim P and Teresa. They're standing by the Boran firepit. By Cap #11, the camera has swung around behind Mama and Teresa is probably just to the left and can't be seen. Either way, Kim P.'s dressed the same and has her hair done the same. It's an early morning shot (warm clothes), so I'm guessing it's the morning after Ep 8's TC.

coupland 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-07-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coupland Click to send private message to coupland Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
Yeah, certainly the new theory to toss around is MamaKim's defection. What you have in this situation is Lex promising Brandon fifth place (and why the hell would he accept fifth place? With the old Samburu, he could have pushed for second or first!!!) - presumably with MamaKim in fourth. What MamaKim is seeing with a Samboohoo alliance is the possibility that she can take the other Kim with her into the final two positions.

MamaKim has proved (if *nothing* else) political savvy in this game. Through dumb luck and smart with-the-group manuevers, she's been able to stay afloat and under-the-radar. If she aligns with Kimp, Frank and T-bird, and they temporarily set up Brandon to knock out L/E/T, then she can pull Kimp into a maneuver to knock out Frank and T-bird, providing she or Kimp get immunity in the last few challenges. She's moved from the possibility of a fourth place finish to a possibility of second place, provided she aligns with Samboohoo.

I like the idea that setting Kelly up as a fall girl was a political maneuver on the part of Samboohoo; that would suggest that Kimp and Brandon's alliance is still strong. However, judging from the reaction of Kimp to Brandon's defection at TC, I don't think that happened, and I think that the Samboohoos just lucked into Lex's stupidity.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-01, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
By this point I suspect that you have read about the Insider clip that makes it pretty clear that Brandon did NOT consult with the other old Samburu before voting off Kelly, but that he plans to come back to Samburu. The question thus remains whether Samburu will take him back.

tackysue 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-07-01, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tackysue Click to send private message to tackysue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Excellent Speed on the Vid Caps!"
>By this point I suspect that
>you have read about the
>Insider clip that makes it
>pretty clear that Brandon did
>NOT consult with the other
>old Samburu before voting off
>Kelly, but that he plans
>to come back to Samburu.
> The question thus remains
>whether Samburu will take him
>back.

I believe that if Brandon convinces them that his intention was to weaken Boron thus stregthening their position, they'll take him back. It would make a smarter move on their part instead of just sitting back being mad and getting picked off one by one.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "POW"
BTW, has anybody noticed that in the cap with Kim saying "Pow!" she's talking to MAMA! I think this is majorly significant.

Yes, I did notice this but I don't think it's significant. I believe this is a 3-way conversation with KimP, T, and Mama. KimP feels betrayed by Brandi and she'll complain to anyone who will listen.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-06-01, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "THANK YOU!!"
B,

I must have the time slightly off on my VCR, so I got to "Tom's body{static.........}

Awesome speed and analysis.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-01, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
I think KimP looks like she is upset that she was set up by Brandon to gain Kelly's trust. KimP is the one that kept talking to Kelly and getting her to join their side. Then one of her own votes Kelly out. KimP is probably worried that Kelly will blame her and even suspect KimP as the one who voted against her. Kelly is the first one on the jury and will poison everyone against those she feels betrayed her. KimP may be worrying about this and blaming Brandon.

12-09-01, 10:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
Second preview, with text...

{Announcer} On Survivor Africa, the big animals have always been a threat...
--mostly uncapped scenes of animals that can be seen in the opening credits--
{Announcer} ...but this Thursday...

{Announcer} ...it's the smallest creatures...

{Announcer} ...who make...

{Announcer} ...the biggest buzz.

{Announcer} And the only way...

{Announcer} ...to get a break...

{Announcer} ...from the suffering...

{Announcer} ...is to team up...

{Announcer} ...for a challenge...

{Announcer} ...and win candy...

{Announcer} ...hot dogs...

{Kim P.} Mmmm, yummy.

{Announcer} and a surprise movie.

{Announcer} All new Survivor, CBS Thursday.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
Number 29 reveals the winner, there would be no reason for anyone other than the winner to make the hotdogs. Can anyone identify the shorts, or the hand?

true

12-10-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-01 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

Things I forgot to mention:

1. I think the hand with the hot dog is Jeff Probst's. He's slopping up a hot dog with all the fixings to make the Survivors drool.

2. I'm almost convinced (notice the almost, which means I'm definitely not 100%) that the guy behind Kim P. is Tom. He moves slower than her. When her dust cloud consumes him, he either seems to stop or (IMO, almost looks like) he backs up. And as you can see he's wearing his buff with a white strip curled up over his forehead. As many on other forums have observed, this is how Tom seems to wear his buff.

3. The Ethan & Mama high five is curious. I posted two pictures of it because I was focused on the water tank/calendar behind them. If you look closely at the second pic (get out the binoculars, folks) you can see that Day 24 is not crossed off. As we saw in Episode 4, the Borans were crossing off a day when it had already passed, so in that episode we saw Lex crossing off Day 9 on Day 10. If they hold rigidly true to that practice, then Day 24 should already be crossed off because Episode 9 takes place on Days 25, 26 and 27. Day 24 was the night Kelly was whacked at TC. Then again, it could be early morning on the 25th, they've already heard the riddle that tips them off that they'll be working in pairs and they just haven't gotten around to crossing off 24 yet. So it's a fine point to be obsessing over. Could be completely innocent, but I thought I'd point it out nevertheless. FWIW, I went back and looked at all of the video from Episode 8 that would supposedly have been from Day 24, and neither of the 3 in the water tank shot were dressed that way on Day 24.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-10-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-01 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Bungler,
I thought you where right at first about the hands being Jeff, but with a closer look, I think that They are KimP's Hands. If you look at pick 20, 26 and 27, you see her wearing the same color pants as is shown in pic 29. They are also the same material. The hands themself look small and feminine, hense why there is not much shown. There is a small bump on the outside pincky, but I could not find another shot of Kim's hands to match.
Naked

Gecko28 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-01, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko28 Click to send private message to Gecko28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
I kinda though about this too at first, that this is just Jeff P, but doesnt he usually where a tan button-up shirt, and not a t-shirt? Guess you would have more pics of him so you would probably know better than I.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-01 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

Firstly,IMO it is indeed a shirt instead of shorts in hotdog shot(pic. 29), so who has a grey baggy shirt? JP owns a grey shirt but it is buttonfront,Ethan had a grey shirt but traded it for an accessory.Kim P.'s grey shirt is actually blue with pale yellow sleeves that is now grey and dirty. Brandon has a really dirty,even splotchy,long sleeve grey shirt but usually wears it around his waist. Lex and Tom have grey shirts. Although Tom's is an extra large Tank-top, quite baggy, considering his girth. I realize I know no better than the rest but, to me, the "Hand" in question belongs to Tom and the grey shirt is his extra large grey tank top. Also...is that Tom's straw hat on the corner of the table? He's the only one with a straw hat left.Therefore,IMO Tom is part 1 of "unlikely date"

I borrowed these pic's to make a point.or two.

They are from the web preview and during the clips the hand is moving up and down while Kim P. is heard saying "yummy". They are meant to make you believe that Kimmie is actually rubbing her tummy in excitement and hunger.But to me, This is not her stomach and it is not her hand. It is her back and Brandons hand(with his leather bracelet) hugging her. Why is this a big deal, not only because it proves the "umcoming rift" of Kim P. and Brandon is nowhere near as wide as being lead to believe.But also because I believe this hug is for the winner of the RC, as they are about to leave for the reward or right after winning RC. That leaves Brandon or Kim. P. as part 2 of "unlikely date"

As far as Kim P. in the RC picture with "tom" behind her(pic. 26), I am pretty convinced it is indeed,Tom. Definately the way he wears his buff. But I am not fully convinced that they are indeed partners. I only say this because not everything we see in RC and IC picks is to be taken as gospel. But it would still fit with Kim P. and Tom as the date that's on everyones mind.But just imagine that Tom is the trailing member of one unlikely duo and Kim P. is the leading member of another.Say ahead of Kim P. is Brandon and is paired with Tom and Behind Tom is Frank who is with Kim P.Or whatever.In S2 the RC team challenge had spots where the duos were forced to run on the same part of the race. Perhaps this Kim P. and Tom photo is just a point where teams temporarily mush in together.

As far as Ethan and MamaK high fivin'(pic. 34).The Water Tank Calendar Starts with Day 1 on Wednesday and ends with day 39 on Sunday. From the bottom four numbers (Ethans head6 37 38 39)following this up..numbers would be 29 30 31 32 and then 22(xed) 23(xed) 24(xed) 25. That would make this shot indeed taking place on day 25. Unless MB has digitally Xed off days in editing, possible. But if you will all notice what look like the square cookies that Kim P. is eating and MamaK. is holding in her left hand. That Ethan brought back on the 23rd and the outfits they are wearing do match what they were wearing when Ethan and Lex came back aside from Ethan being shirtless. This picture seems more and more like a digitally altered picture of the cookie feast from the 23rd.That's probably why we didn't see them wearing the same clothing as day 24.
Edited to add pic#'s as reference.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-10-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
Just a few points about your analysis:

*I agree with Bungler that the person with the hotdogs is probably JP. If it is JP, it doesn't matter whether or not the clothing is a shirt or shorts. (I believe it is shorts, for the record, since the fabric is shown falling well below the hand holding the fork - that would have to be a really long shirt.) Unlike the survivors, JP presumably does not have a severely limited wardrobe. Just because we haven't seen him wearing a grey shirt, or shorts, or whatever, does not mean he does not have them.

*If you think that those pictures of Kim P. are of her back, you are implying that she has boobs on her back. Both of the caps you posted are from the same sequence (note the person, either Kim J. or Teresa, sitting next to her). The top cap shows the front of her blue bikini top. It is most definitely not her back. I also don't see anything that leads me to believe that that is not her hand. (What's on her wrist is not a leather bracelet, but a green elastic thing that goes with the buffs. Everyone has one.)

*Finally, even if they are eating cookies in the water tank shots, it doesn't mean it has to be the same day as the the "cookie feast" from Ep8. Even for starving people, 33 cookies seems like a lot to eat in one sitting. They probably saved some of them to eat later. Also, while MB has shown that he is willing and able to digitally alter the colors of someone's buff, I would be surprised if he actually went so far as to change people's clothing altogether. I also don't think he has the capabilities to do this, or the time - while I don't know much about digital editing, this seems way beyond the scope of a TV show like Survivor.

diamond

12-11-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
just wanted to comment that Day 39 on Boran's water tank calendar definitely falls on Saturday, not Sunday. The 24 is not crossed out on the "high five" shot, but I'm thinking this has less and less significance. They simply haven't crossed 24 out yet, even though it's probably Day 25 (or the first day, and Reward Challenge day, or Ep 9).

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-10-01, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
Could the vid caps taht show Mama Kim and Ethan high fiving mean that they are the winners and that they are told later that they get to see a movie? Or could it just mean that they pick names out of a hat to pick partners and they are together.

But the only thing that makes me think about this MamaKim and Ethan may not win is the comment of an unlikely pair for the date. People are talking about KimP and Brandon, but that would not be unlikely. I am thinking it is more like Teresa and Lex or Frank and Brandon. But then it could be KimP and Tom

I do agree with True, do we know who's gray shorts those are?

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
O.K. so they're going to do a team obstacle course challenge. Who's left that might pair up?

let's see: Tom, Ethan, Lex, Brandon and Frank are the guys
and MammaKim, LilKim, T-bird, are the ladies.

Two males will probably end up on the same team. This could be an "unlikely date" if they win, right?
If we're assuming the Mamma and E are teamed up in a physcial challenge, I don't think they'll win no matter how golden Ethan is. MK is just too dang old and slow to help him out much, so I don't think they're our "unlikely date".

At this point, people are getting pretty weak. I don't think Frank, Tom, or T-bird is a challenge either. I'm going with Krautboy's theory that Kim P and Brandon get paired up and win.

I really have more questions than answers. The one thing I do find interesting is that one team will definitely not be male/female as there are more males than females at this point.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
>I'm going with Krautboy's theory
>that Kim P and Brandon
>get paired up and win.

I am too, because it also fits in with the voiceover in the preview. We're told to pay attention to the smallest creatures instead of the bigger animals. The visual shows the small bugs, but the words could also refer to the KimP and Brandon. We've all been focusing so much on LET because of their perceived strength, and MB could be telling us to pay attention to the Little Bit and Brandi.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "the "little creatures""
Bebo, I agree with you. In fact, if someone hadn't posted it already, I was going to point out the double meaning in that preview. Yes, the previews show bugs in correlation with the "little creatures" statement, but I definitely think it's a double meaning and it's about Kim P and Brandon. They are certainly the "little" members of mojo magi. Good point. I'm changing my safari picks to Brandon wins RC, Lex wins IC and Tom is booted. Great spoiling everyone!

Gecko28 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko28 Click to send private message to Gecko28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 9 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-01 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

I think when tryin to identify the winner by lookin at #27, we should take into consideration that this may not be a pair of shorts, but a t-shirt. For one I don't think anyone has a gray pair of shorts, and two, if they do, I don't think they would be that baggy. IMO I believe this is prob KimP, if you look at #'s 20,26,27, you would notice that not only is KimP wearing a grey t-shirt, but that it also appears to be kinda baggy, just a thought. I realize that #20 is a camp shot and not chall shot, but I was including that one to show how baggy her shirt appears to be.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Just to muddy the waters a bit. . ."
• In the "hot dog" photo (what IS that green glop, anyway?!) is that the brim of Tom's hat on the table? He IS shown wearing his hat and a grey(ish?) t-shirt here:

• I feel the shots from the beginning are at a normal mealtime (is there not a shot somewhere of the remains of grits in the skillet?), but Ethan seems to be giving us a textbook "hot dog burp" in this shot:

Maybe Mark Burn-it is just a fan of Tim Allen--or he enjoys giving us humiliating shots of pretty-boy Ethan in the midst of distasteful bodily functions. . . (see how I'm not even going to elaborate? )

• I also think the high five shot may simply be the excitement over yet another food reward, not necessarily a victory cheer--is Ethan holding tree mail? And Kim is wearing the blue/flowered top seen in the tummy-rubbing close-up--also could simply be saying "yummy" because she's anticipating something besides grits, not because she's just eaten a bowl of Skittles/M&Ms.

• As for the "movie" part of the reward, it seems to me that it involves perhaps a finished episode of S3--was that not a reward in previous games? Can anyone recall if home movies were involved in that, as well? or were they part of a different reward?

GT

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-11-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Just to muddy the waters a bit. . ."
>• As for the "movie" part of the reward, it seems to me that it involves perhaps a finished episode of
>S3--was that not a reward in previous games? Can anyone recall if home movies were
>involved in that, as well? or were they part of a different reward?

In S1, there was the reward to see a home video that Greg won. Also in S1, there was a reward that Kelly won where she went to the bar and saw part of the first episode of S1. I don't remember any reward in S2 involving video. Just the internet chat with home and the conjugal visit of Colby's mom. (Did I say that out loud?)

-MC

12-11-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Just to muddy the waters a bit. . ."
Yes, yes, and yes! I just couldn't remember if Kelly also got home movies at the bar--I guess she had to make do with a Budweiser (ack!) Still, from all the vidcaps I've seen with the projector and all, it seems this one will include S3--at least in part. Depending on who wins, it could be a rude awakening as to how they're being portrayed!

You'll be wanting a shower now, I suppose--please be sure to lock the bathroom door!

GT

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-01, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "GT! I Could Just Kiss Yah!"
A real video spoiler!

They are so few and far between these days...

Yes this does look like a white hat laying on the table:

However, Tom's hat is is more of a cloth fedora type of hat. I could find no pics where Toms hat revealed that open random weave shown in the vid cap.

Lex's wide-brimmed sun hat is another possibility:

I have seen hats of this type that have this widely spaced fiber weave. Lex's shirt color could be a match for the grey shown in the vidcap as well.

We need to look at closeups of people in there hats to find this characteristic open weave:

Start finding hat pics people!

September 11, 2001

12-11-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: GT! I Could Just Kiss Yah!"
*swoooooon!* A drive-by kiss from the elusive Cat!

You know, even as I suggested it might be Tom's hat, I knew I was ignoring that open weave. . . and there's something about it that strikes me as more feminine, perhaps, than a man's fedora, but I believe Tom and Lex are the only real candidates. Have any of the women worn wide-brimmed hats to keep the sun off? I know I've seen them in their ugly baseball-billed things (esp. MamaKim and Teresa), as well as those awful visors that old ladies wear on the golf course--and perhaps they all received a raft of identical hats from various sponsors. . . Still, something about the shirt that makes me think that's a MALE. . . the women have been infrequently in shirts that baggy--and are most often wearing sports bras or bikini tops or buffs (hold the fantasizing, Ice--this is serious!)

To my eye, the hat pictured has a full brim--not just a bill--and it could indeed belong to Lex. Frank's floppy hat is a canvas camouflage job, not straw, and the only one I've seen Ethan in is a khaki floppy hat; ChapstickBoy favors the orange baseball cap or his buff worn Aunt Jemima style. What are the chances that Lex would win the reward AND immunity? And if he DID win the reward, who would his unlikely "date" be? Teresa, whom he may or may not realize was his "rat?" Brandi, whom he SHOULD suspect--if not know--lied about Kelly? Li'l Kim, who should be on his short list of bootees? Frank, whom he seems to dislike because of the GXA disinformation, more than anything else? I think his fellow alliance members would'nt qualify as "unlikely." If Tom is the reward winner (and what are the odds?!), who would qualify as HIS unlikely date? I can think of comical logic for just about everyone--except Frank (who might also explain a win on an obstacle course.)

And although someone with one of those bear-trap memories can target a particular scene to prove otherwise, the only straw hats I've been able to find have been Tom's and Lex's--and if you ask me, Lex's hat blocks too much light to be the one in question:

Of course, all this means bupkis, if the hat in the picture doesn't even belong to the RC winner, in which case I have only served to distract you for a time. . .

GT

(who apologizes for lapsing into yet another boring diatribe, instead of just getting down to business and finding an answer. . . I know that brevity is in short supply these days! )

12-12-01, 04:51 PM (EST)
32. "A revision"
>. . . but Ethan seems to be giving us a textbook "hot dog burp" in this shot:
Having FINALLY seen the actual promo, I must add that this isn't a hot dog burp at all. . . Ethan seems to be blowing away a fly--amidst talk of how the "little critters" have become as big a concern as the big ones. Guess I'm still holding that whole spitty-slurpy thing against ol' Ethan! (simultaneously demonstrating the laws of gravity AND the ability to counteract them!)

Just a cautionary tale, regarding assumptions made with second-hand info--the stills did not capture enough of the story to get the gist, and since I usually have the tube on BEHIND me whilst I'm banging away on the computer, I must miss a lot of these little details!

GT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •