The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Officials: Judge killed in courthouse shooting

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- A Fulton County Superior Court judge was killed and three other people were wounded Friday when a defendant grabbed a gun from a deputy sheriff and opened fire, officials said.

The shooting occurred about 9 a.m. in Judge Rowland W. Barnes' eighth-floor courtroom. Barnes was dead at the scene, Judge Gary Spencer told CNN Radio. The court reporter and a deputy were also wounded. A witness told CNN that another sheriff's deputy was seen lying on the ground outside.

All four victims were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, said Sgt. Clarence Huber of the Fulton County Sheriff's Department. A search for the suspect, identified by police as Bryan Nichols, 34, was under way.

Nichols was reportedly facing a retrial for rape and kidnapping in Barnes' courtroom, after a first trial resulted in a hung jury. He is described as an African-American male, 34 years old, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighing 210 pounds.

Barnes was "extremely highly thought of in the legal community," attorney B.J. Bernstein told CNN. The judge presided over both civil and criminal cases.

"The only thing I can imagine is that someone would have had to have moved very quickly and suddenly to catch one of the deputies off guard in order to remove his weapon," she said.

A witness told CNN the suspect took his tow truck at gunpoint outside the courthouse and fled the scene.

The gunman "told me to get out of the truck. I told him he can have the truck. And I walked away," said Deronte Franklin.

There were reports of other carjackings outside the courthouse.

Police and emergency vehicles surrounded the courthouse, and those inside said they were locked in courtrooms and offices.

*shudder*

I hope they get this guy soon. How does someone in a courtroom get a hold of a deputy's gun? Geez...

As The Blog Turns.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... txmomma26 03-11-05 1
 *Boggle* geg6 03-11-05 2
   RE: *Boggle* Spidey 03-11-05 3
       RE: *Boggle* HobbsofMI 03-11-05 5
 3 dead KScott 03-11-05 4
   RE: 3 dead frisky 03-11-05 7
 RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... newsomewayne 03-11-05 6
   RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... MTW1961 03-11-05 8
       RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... KScott 03-11-05 9
   RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Spidey 03-11-05 10
       RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... MTW1961 03-11-05 11
       RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... newsomewayne 03-11-05 12
           RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Spidey 03-11-05 13
               RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... newsomewayne 03-11-05 14
       RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Drive My Car 03-12-05 20
 RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Riordan 03-11-05 15
   RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Wheezy 03-11-05 16
       RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... frisky 03-11-05 17
 RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... Schnookie Palookie 03-12-05 18
   RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... AugustGirl 03-12-05 19
 RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -... PepeLePew13 03-12-05 21
 To answer some questions here... volsfan 03-12-05 22
   RE: To answer some questions here..... ConningOfficer 03-12-05 23
       RE: To answer some questions here..... volsfan 03-12-05 26
           RE: To answer some questions here..... ConningOfficer 03-12-05 27
   Female deputy. Bobdechemist 03-12-05 29
       RE: Female deputy. volsfan 03-12-05 31
 Caught! KeithFan 03-12-05 24
   Thank Goodness Schnookie Palookie 03-12-05 25
       RE: Thank Goodness Swami 03-12-05 28
       RE: Thank Goodness Wheezy 03-12-05 30
           RE: Thank Goodness Schnookie Palookie 03-12-05 32
               RE: Thank Goodness Wheezy 03-13-05 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
How very frightening....

SigPic by Syren

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "*Boggle*"
What is going on lately? Is it open season on judges?

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *Boggle*"
Really makes me want to seriously reconsider my career goals.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: *Boggle*"
Or be picky on who your clinets are.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "3 dead"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

Court TV is reporting the Judge, his Court Clerk and a deputy. The suspect was having a re-trial on rape & kidnapping after a hung jury in the 1st trial. What a fvcking idiot!!!

ETA: Forgot the link... http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0311/shooting_ap.html

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

03-11-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 3 dead"
Yep, the court reporter and a deputy have died of their injuries. This guy is out there, armed, extremely dangerous and desperate. He'll either kill himself or take some hostages before the day is out.

I hope they lock up the schools.

As The Blog Turns.

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
A search for the suspect, identified by police as Bryan Nichols, 34, was under way.

First, how does he get away from the courthouse full of cops with guns from an eigth floor courtroom? Could nobody with a cell phone or radio let the cops on the ground know what was up before this guy runs down 8 flights of steps?

Secondly, after all this, does he really have to be labeled as "suspect"? I'm all for innocent till proven guilty, but c'mon!

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
I was wondering all the same things - plus, how come he's allowed to appear in a courtroom with NO RESTRAINTS of any kind???

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
He was there on rape not murder, rape wouldn't constitue restraints. If it did constitute restraints then his attorney probably motioned the Court to allow him to appear without restraints. Evidentially they did not consider him a threat.

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

03-11-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Secondly, after all this, does he really have to be labeled as "suspect"? I'm all for innocent till proven guilty, but c'mon!

Now, now, technically he still hasn't been proven guilty of the rape. Not all murders are rapists, ya know!

Although I do bet this sours his chances with the jury.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Good point. However, I think this guy is giving murderers a bad name!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

03-11-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Well, I just meant suspect in the murder of the judge, et.al., but I'm sure you knew that already.

03-11-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
I guess I neglected to include the required winky face.

All sarcasm, all the time.

03-11-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

No, no. My fault. I should have known.

Shhhhhhhhh. You smell something?

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
I guess that is one way to get his rape retrial delayed.
I imagine he'll be tried for the murders first.
Once they catch the sonovabitch.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-05, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
As of 8:00 pm here he still has not been caught. Certainly isn't for lack of trying though. Police are out in force pretty much everywhere and they've set up tip lines. Earlier today they did lockdown schools in several counties as well as many government buildings. Obviously there has been nothing else on tv or radio all day long.

Judge Barnes has a reputation for fairness. He was well respected by those in the legal community.

Personally hoping this ends in suicide or suicide by cop.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"

Hey Rio!

Stay safe.

Wheeze
I imagine the rape trial might could be deemed a mistrial after that.

Wheeze * Everything In Between

03-11-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Mistrial indeed.

The guy's defence lawyer has now fired his client.

They have taken the rape victim, an ex-girlfriend, into protective custody.

As The Blog Turns.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-05 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

Sheesh, they are interviewing people on CNN about how sweet and good Brian Nichols was ... as a 7 year old kid! He's 33 years old now. The people being interviewed are so surprised of the recent news. DUH! You only knew him as a 7 year old kid!

I live in Atlanta. I want to know where this guy is. At this hour, the police have no idea where he is, AND, they now have no idea what kind of vehicle he is using. How he was ever able to get the gun off the deputy in the first place is unbelievable!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Stay safe, Nookie.

Sending good vibes to the Georgia law enforcement officials for his capture.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Shooting in Atlanta courtroom -- Judge killed"
Being a judge is a really tough and thankless job for all they do for our society ... but it really hasn't been a good week for judges in all.

In Toronto a few days ago, a guy made threatening phone calls to his ex-wife and then threw himself and his 5-year-old daughter over a bridge onto Canada's busiest highway. I don't know how, but the daughter survived (the father didn't) and she is in critical condition in hospital in a coma at the moment.

Last night, the judge in the father's case 3 weeks ago for a request to increase visitation rights with his daughter (which he got) was interviewed on TV and said he had been wracking himself with guilt over allowing increased visitation rights for four hours every other Sunday -- the first of which was when the father took his daughter to the highway this past Sunday. He said he had no way of knowing this guy would do what he did and he seemed to have genuine love for his daughter, but felt he did the right thing at the time.

This is terrible news about what's happening in Atlanta and I hope they catch the guy ASAP so the people (and especially our Atlanta area OT folks) can breathe easier.

Scratch and sniff

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "To answer some questions here..."
1) The suspect was being held in a room beside the court room waiting for his trial to begin. A female deputy was watching him.

2) The suspect had tried to enter the court room with home made weapons twice in the past.

3) The dead judge requested more security...he received another female deputy!

4) The reporter that was injured in the parking garage was interviewed this morning on CNN and he claims the suspect hit him with the butt of the gun and the reporter hit the ground. After the reporter hit the ground he crawled out into the street just waiting to be hit with a gun shot. He made it to a park (what he said) where he ran into another reporter from the newspaper he works for. The other reporter told him that there had been another car jacking just down the street and the cops were there. I wonder what the time frame was between the reporter being hit and finding this other reporter.

5) The green Honda that the cops have been looking for belonged to the reporter...the first person reporting a car jacking. Why did the police think the suspect was still in the Honda AFTER the suspect had car jacked someone else down the street?

6) Why the hell had the police not searched the parking garage where the green Honda was found like 16 hours after the fact?

What I don't understand is what happened after the man left the court room. This is in the middle of downtown Atlanta and there are people everywhere! I don't understand how he got away. He was shirtless wearing a black jacket that didn't fit and was yielding a gun!

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: To answer some questions here..."
>3) The dead judge requested more
>security...he received another female deputy!

The best CG boarding officer I've ever known was a woman, but when she boarded those fishing boats and merchant ships that were possibly drug/people smugglers, she wanted the biggest, baddest dude on the ship standing behind her with a shotgun. She had to fight off about a half a dozen Chinese migrant smugglers (snakeheads) with just herself and the shotgun guy. If he hadn't been there, she admits that she'd be dead or worse. Ended up being one of the biggest migrant interdictions ever.

Unfortunately, the two deputies probably got taken by surprise - but we may not know for a long time how it went down. Even when we do, I hope it doesn't give some miscreant an idea.

They need to catch this guy, lock him up and throw away the key. Of course, having killed a judge, he's a shoo-in for the 10,000-volt dance.

03-12-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: To answer some questions here..."
The reason I even mentioned they offered another female as backup is because this guy had already tried to sneak home made weapons into the court house! Also, I read on one of the newspaper's web site that there were no other officers in the court house at the time of the shooting. This seems like a lapse in judgement to me!

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: To answer some questions here..."
As usual, I got sucked in on the wrong thing.

But, yeah, if this guy tried to sneak in weapons before, he needed the full meal deal to ensure that everyone else was safe.

I have a bad feeling that ugly politics had a role in this oversight...

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-12-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Female deputy."
I don't get the problem with sending in a "female" deputy. These people are trained to do their job, regardless of gender. It seems that if the judge requested additional security, maybe some handcuffs/footcuffs etc.. would be in order?

Me? Why I'm a late blooming child prodigy.

03-12-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Female deputy."
I am not saying there is a problem with the female officer. The problem I am having is that this man had tried to sneak home made weapons into the court house on TWO other times. I would hope that with this in mind they would get more help than just one more officer whether it is male or female.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Caught!"
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050312/2005-03-12T165131Z_01_N12307752_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-CRIME-SHOOTING-ATLANTA-DC.html

03-12-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Thank Goodness"
He was caught in my county. Eek! I'm still trying to find out exactly where he was. I recognize the name of the apartment complex.

What a relief!!!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Thank Goodness"
I was hoping he was no where near you, Nookie!

03-12-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Thank Goodness"
Nooooookieeeee!

I'm glad you are safe and they caught the guy. Are all your kitties safe? Did you count them?

Wheeze

03-12-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Thank Goodness"
Why should I count my kitties? Is Shakes in town?

Good luck with your visitors!

03-13-05, 01:25 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Thank Goodness"

I get those gun stories mixed up sometimes :p

Wheeze
Nookie rhymes with cookie. she is yummy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •