The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unofficial Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-01-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unofficial Poll"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

Hello it is looking as if Chris and Katharine are going to be the final two (not to discount Paris, Taylor or Elliott). If the final two is Chris and Katharine who will you support? Please put your vote in the subject line.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Chris nailbone 05-01-06 1
 Chris Queene1979 05-01-06 2
 Neither tamarama 05-01-06 3
 RE: Unofficial Poll priestdi 05-01-06 4
   RE: Unofficial Poll geekboy 05-02-06 7
 Chris and Kat dragonflies 05-02-06 5
 Chris niteowl 05-02-06 6
 RE: Unofficial Poll jags 05-02-06 8
   RE: Unofficial Poll mickeyvon 05-02-06 9
 RE: Unofficial Poll aifan2006 05-02-06 10
   Chris emydi 05-02-06 16
 Chris Magnolia_Rocker 05-02-06 11
 RE: Unofficial Poll rn4stork 05-02-06 12
 RE: Unofficial Poll singer 05-02-06 13
   RE: Unofficial Poll geg6 05-02-06 14
       RE: Unofficial Poll Magnolia_Rocker 05-02-06 15
           Katherine CBailey 05-03-06 17
 RE: Unofficial Poll jags 05-03-06 18
 Chris Glow 05-03-06 19
 Chris seahorse 05-03-06 20
 Chris (Taylor) PagongRatEater 05-03-06 21
 Kat EvelynisObsessed 05-03-06 22
 RE: Unofficial Poll geekboy 05-03-06 23
   RE: Unofficial Poll firehousegirl 05-04-06 24
   RE: Unofficial Poll Bravegirl 05-04-06 25
       RE: Unofficial Poll nailbone 05-04-06 27
 Kat mookiemeister 05-04-06 26
   RE: Kat nailbone 05-04-06 28
       RE: Kat geg6 05-04-06 29
           RE: Kat nailbone 05-04-06 30
               RE: Kat Devious Weasel 05-04-06 32
       RE: Kat sica077 05-04-06 31
 Neither sylvester 05-04-06 33
   RE: Neither geg6 05-04-06 34
       RE: Neither Glow 05-04-06 35
           RE: Neither geg6 05-04-06 36
               RE: Neither Glow 05-04-06 37
                   Dial Idol Numbers Devious Weasel 05-04-06 40
                       RE: Dial Idol Numbers Iconoclastic 05-04-06 42
                           RE: Dial Idol Numbers Devious Weasel 05-04-06 43
               RE: Neither sylvester 05-04-06 44
       RE: Neither Devious Weasel 05-04-06 38
           *SWOON* geg6 05-04-06 39
               RE: *SWOON* Devious Weasel 05-04-06 41
 Chris CheekyMonkey2 05-09-06 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-06, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Chris"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-06 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

As much as I love Kat, I like Chris's style/genre/whatever of music more.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-01-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Chris"
Go Chris!!!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-01-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Neither"
Neither.

Typical of me, once my favorites are gone, I lose all interest in the show. Once Elliot & Taylor are gone, I will have no reason to watch.

Will I be angry & upset? Burn up the boards with how unfair things are? Nope.

Just won't care

(FWIW, busy stats & "insider" reports state that these people are so close in votes that it's still anyone's game. Chris & Kat may have been top 2 last week, but Chris was bottom 2 the week before.)

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-01-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unofficial Poll"

since nobody yet this season has delivered a break-out, memorable performance, I'm willing to support ANYONE who manages to do that.

so it depends on the next few weeks, basically. I could support either of them, in theory.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
Elliot last week gave what i feel is the first WOW/Breakout performance with "A Song For You". I have a feeling that FINALLY this week we'll get another WOW from Taylor. At least i'm hoping for this.

geekboy

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Chris and Kat"
Our household is divided.

Sigs by Cyg

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Chris"
For listening to, say in the car, his voice is better...for watching, she's great! she just makes me smile every time.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
Very hard decision, depends on the final performances. But I would have to go with Kat.
jags

mickeyvon 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mickeyvon Click to send private message to mickeyvon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I'd vote for Chris-

He has been awesome from week 1, and his voice is incredible.

aifan2006 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aifan2006 Click to send private message to aifan2006 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
Well, I have to be honest, I don't go for the hard rock thing, and I don't dig bald guys, so I am not a real Chris fan, plus I think the judges have praised him way to much for some just average performances like last week, he was alright, nothing more, and yet the judges are pushing for him all the way. I prefer Katherine if that is my two choices, I prefer Kathryns singing style to Chris. My personal two favorites are Taylor, because he is the only real original talent on this show, and Elliot, because I really believe he's the most improved contestant on this show by far, he has improved each and every week until he really has become one of the best singers on this show. But if it's between Chris and Kat, my vote is Kat.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Chris"
I don't go for the hard rock thing, and I don't dig bald guys

I GO for both and even have one of my own!! He's only 6 mos older than Chris so I get a vibe just looking at him even before he sings, then he sings my fave kind of music!!

I think Simon was too harsh with the whole "indulgent" thing

Hey, to each his own!!

Fester will be so hurt...

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-02-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Chris"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

He's more my type of genre plus he's hot.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

rn4stork 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rn4stork Click to send private message to rn4stork Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
Katherine

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
Kat, because she's the best looking and the best technical singer.

If Chris wins, I'll be happy for him, because he represents a musical genre that they have not promoted very heavily until now. And he can sing.

But man, is he scary looking!

--Singer

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
>But man, is he scary looking!

Scary hot, maybe. But scary as in ugly and threatening? No way! He's a total babe.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-02-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
*nods in total agreement with geg*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Katherine"

Though I think that If it does come down to these 2 I think that Chris will win.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I have said it all along it a Chris and Kat race.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Chris"

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Chris"
Although, I do not think Kat will make the final 2.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Chris (Taylor)"
For purposes of your poll, I choose Chris, but overall I am still rooting for Taylor. If it comes down to Chris and anyone but Taylor in the F2 though, I will be supporting Chris.

But, the four of us had a great time.

EvelynisObsessed 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-06, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EvelynisObsessed Click to send private message to EvelynisObsessed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Kat"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-06 AT 07:13 PM (EST)

The final two are evident, Kat and Chris. Chris has been annointed as evidenced by the dualing quitars last week and the flames and red lighting this week. (Subliminal? NO WAY - flat out smack ya in the face.) Katherine with the dual drums this week.

Personally I would love to see Taylor in the final two, but Simon doesn't like him so I don't see that happening.

Kat has shown flashes of brilliance and she can sing, unlike Chris who showed us last night that he is going to ruin his voice if he doesn't stop his destructive screaming instead of singing.

The final two Kat and Chris, so I will vote for Kat.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I disagree with you. I see an all-boy final three. I see Paris going this week, and Katherine next week. I still see a Chris/Taylor final two and that will be a neck-in-neck final.

geekboy

firehousegirl 36 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail firehousegirl Click to send private message to firehousegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I agree with you geekboy. I am also rooting for Taylor. My pick was Paris, but she's gone, which is sad. The girl can sing and I don't think she'll have a hard time getting a deal. She's probably already got one because she wasn't sad as I expected her to be if she got booted. But I do see Taylor going to the end. He can sing. Soulfully.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I agree Geekboy that the final two will be Chris/Taylor BUT I think that Elliot will go before Katherine. Randy has been saying over and over that the winner will be a guy and Simon is backing Chris all the way. I still think that the results are manipulated in some way. That said...I believe that the winner will be Chris since there has not been a Rocker Idol yet.

05-04-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Unofficial Poll"
I agree, Bravegirl. Elliot goes next. Then either Kat or Taylor. Taylor has been almost continually #1 on DialIdol and all the polls, but that night when they separated the contestants into 3 groups of 2, Taylor was in the middle group. And I think they just don't believe he's marketable enough to be the "American Idol".

I predict shenanigans.

Sig by Arkie!!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Kat"
If the final 2 is between Kat and Chris, then I prefer Kat to win.

I prefer to see Taylor and Kat in the final 2 though.

I'm just not too thrilled with Elliot or Chris' singing.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

05-04-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Kat"
Between Kat and Chris, I prefer Chris, simply because I like his style of music better.

I also love Taylor, but don't think he'll win.

And Kat looks gorgeous and sings beautifully. Elliot sings well, too.

I wouldn't be unhappy if any of these final four won it all.

Sig by Arkie!!

05-04-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Kat"
I could deal with anyone other than Taylor.

I wouldn't buy any other than Chris, though.

05-04-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Kat"
Upon further review, I would not be surprised by a Chris/Taylor final 2. I see Taylor getting in simply based on the Soul Patrol, just like Clay Aiken made it to the final 2 with the Clay-mates...A large, organized group that Kat and Elliot don't seem to have. Chris doesn't have that either (neither did Ruben) but it's almost a foregone conclusion that Chris will be one of the final 2.

Sig by Arkie!!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Kat"
The thing with Clay, though, was that he was the natural beneficiary of the votes of the fanbases of the singers eliminated ahead of final two. I don't think Taylor will pick up any Paris votes, nor do I see him getting any of either Elliott or Kat's votes if they go next. His rabid fanbase might be high, but I think he is losing some votes (waves at geg) and not picking up others.

I don't think Dial Idol has any predictive value - for one thing, we can only test it's conclusions about the bottom vote getter. We can't test it against any other placement (except on those times when we are explicitly told, as we were last night, that the two onstage at the end were the bottom two). And on that basis, it's chance of getting the boot right don't seem to be that much greater than the chance of anyone following the season closely.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Kat"
This is a wickedly talented group of four...from here on out, I will have a hard time seeing any of them go! That said, I will be happy no matter who wins now that all of my non-favorites are out of the game. Plus, I personally think that every person in the top six this season can/could go on to do their own thing, without the AI winning package.

But, I would have to say that Chris is my favorite!

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Neither"
Taylor & Chris will be final 2. The whole season has been leading up to that.

I agree with Geekboy, all bets are off at that point. AI wants Chris as this year's winner, but Taylor has a fanbase that is starting to rival the Claymates.

Personally, I see AI winning yet again, but I'm hoping there's a chance they'll defer to the fans for once.

05-04-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Neither"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

> AI wants Chris as
>this year's winner, but Taylor
>has a fanbase that is
>starting to rival the Claymates.
>
>Personally, I see AI winning yet
>again, but I'm hoping there's
>a chance they'll defer to
>the fans for once.
>

I disagree that Taylor's fanbase is anywhere near the size and rabidity of the Claymates. I, personally, liked Taylor in the beginning, but he has turned me off badly the last two weeks. I could not say the same of Clay. I liked him better each week, because he seemed to step it up and to use the constructive criticism to improve each week. Taylor phoned it in the two weeks previous to this one and I (and I'm not the only person I've heard say this) found the choice to sing Something to be a huge copout and a bit lazy. And that whole parody of himself thing, with the spaz dancing and falling on the floor is too old for words. It might work for old ladies and little kids, but it turns me off completely.

ETA: I forgot that I wanted to comment on the idea that AI picks the winner and that somehow the fans will only win if Taylor wins. I don't believe AI would be stupid enough to manipulate actual votes, ever. And you should probably not jump to the conclusion that every fan of AI wants Taylor to win. I'm an AI fan and the only one of the final four I don't want to win is Taylor. I love Chris, I really like Kat, and I can listen to Elliot. I'm done completely with Taylor.

05-04-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Neither"
Am I an old lady or a little kid? I'm a lot younger than you so I can only assume you didn't call me an old lady but I'm hardly a little kid. One of my dear sistahs is a fan of his and she's my age.

You know, just so you know that not everybody who isn't an old lady or a little kid thinks the same way you do because I think you forget that a lot of times.

05-04-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Neither"
No, I don't forget that at all and I'm sorry if you took it that way, doll.

I just used a bit of hyperbole to counter the hyperbole of the post I was responding to. Which says that the fans of the show only win if Taylor wins. Sorry, can't agree with that. Might be true for Taylor fans, but not all AI fans.

05-04-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Neither"
Well, according to DialIdol (not that I necessarily accord to DialIdol but a lot of people do), he has been leading for quite a long time. That is, I believe, why his fans say things such as that. I, personally, believe the fans win with any of the four remaining contestants. We were left with a very talented final five. I love Chris and I back Chris (Now that Bucky is gone. hrmpf. But at least I'm not bitter about it anymore. Because I didn't want him to win and never believed he would.) but I know that not everybody does. I? am cool with that.

<-- cool

05-04-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Dial Idol Numbers"
Final 12
Dial Idol Predicts: Kevin, Ace, Lisa – Lisa Boot
Actual: Melissa, Ace, Lisa – Melissa Boot

Final 11
Dial Idol Predicts: Elliott, Bucky, Lisa – Elliott Boot by 8% margin
Actual: Kevin, Bucky, Lisa – Kevin Boot

Final 10
Dial Idol Predicts: Bucky, Ace, Katherine – Katherine Boot
Actual: Ace, Katherine, Lisa – Lisa Boot (Dial Idol actually had Lisa 5th out of 10)

Final 9
Dial Idol Predicts: Paris, Elliott, Mandisa – Mandisa Boot
Actual: Paris, Elliott, Mandisa – Mandisa Boot (Yay! They got one!)

Final 8
Dial Idol Predicts: Chris, Bucky, Ace – Ace Boot
Actual: Elliott, Bucky, Ace – Bucky Boot

Final 7
Dial Idol Predicts: Chris, Paris, Ace – Ace Boot
Actual: Chris, Paris, Ace – Ace Boot (Yay! They got another one!)

Final 6 (This week we found out who the top two were, who the middle two were, and who the bottom two were)
Dial Idol Predicts: Top Two of Taylor, Chris; Middle Two of Elliott, Katherine; Bottom Two of Paris, Kellie – Kellie Boot
Actual: Top Two of Katherine, Chris; Middle Two of Taylor, Elliott; Bottom Two of Paris, Kellie – Kellie Boot (They got the bottom two but otherwise missed the order)

Final 7
Dial Idol Predicts: Katherine, Paris – Paris Boot
Actual: Elliott, Paris – Paris Boot (Yay! They got another one! Course, it’s a lot easier to get it right when there are far fewer contestants left)

If you want, I can go into a fairly long explanation of all the problems with his method of calculation.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Dial Idol Numbers"
Final 12
Dial Idol Predicts: Kevin, Ace, Lisa – Lisa Boot(Actually had Kevin, Ace or Lisa as boot)
Actual: Melissa, Ace, Lisa – Melissa Boot
Dial Idol wrong this week: 0-1

Final 11
Dial Idol Predicts: Elliott, Bucky, Lisa – Elliott Boot by 8% margin
Actual: Kevin, Bucky, Lisa – Kevin Boot
Dial Idol wrong this week: 0-2

Final 10
Dial Idol Predicts: Bucky, Ace, Katherine – Katherine Boot(Actually had Elliot, Lisa, Paris, Mandisa, Bucky, Ace and Katherine in a statistical tie for boot)
Actual: Ace, Katherine, Lisa – Lisa Boot (Dial Idol actually had Lisa 5th out of 10)
Dial Idol right this week: 1-2

Final 9
Dial Idol Predicts: Paris, Elliott, Mandisa – Mandisa Boot(Actually predicted Mandisa or Elliot as boot)
Actual: Paris, Elliott, Mandisa – Mandisa Boot (Yay! They got one!)
Dial Idol right this week: 2-2

Final 8
Dial Idol Predicts: Chris, Bucky, Ace – Ace Boot(Actually predicted Bucky or Ace as boot)
Actual: Elliott, Bucky, Ace – Bucky Boot
Dial Idol right this week: 3-2

Final 7
Dial Idol Predicts: Chris, Paris, Ace – Ace Boot
Actual: Chris, Paris, Ace – Ace Boot (Yay! They got another one!)
Dial Idol right this week: 4-2

Final 6 (This week we found out who the top two were, who the middle two were, and who the bottom two were)
Dial Idol Predicts: Top Two of Taylor, Chris; Middle Two of Elliott, Katherine; Bottom Two of Paris, Kellie – Kellie Boot (Actually predicted Kellie or Paris as boot)
Actual: Top Two of Katherine, Chris;
Middle Two of Taylor, Elliott;
Bottom Two of Paris, Kellie – Kellie Boot (They got the bottom two but otherwise missed the order)
Dial Idol right this week: 5-2

Final 5
Dial Idol Predicts: Katherine, Paris – Paris Boot (Actually predicted Paris or Katherine Boot)
Actual: Elliott, Paris – Paris Boot (Yay! They got another one! Course, it’s a lot easier to get it right when there are far fewer contestants left)
Dial Idol right this week: 6-2

You have to understand that they are using statistical margins of error and are selecting a couple or sometime several possible bootees who fall within that margin of error. They seldom make a single boot prediction and if you look at their numbers more closely you will see this. They were wrong on the bootee both of the first 2 weeks but have hit it every week since.

05-04-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Dial Idol Numbers"
Trust me. I am familiar with margin of error. The problem is, margin of error doesn't work the way the Dial Idol site guy thinks it does. Some weeks he is calculating a margin of error on a per idol basis. In brief, in those weeks, the margin of error is based on dial idol score measured against actual score. (Which is a neat trick, considering no one outside of the show knows the actual scores.) It appears that some weeks, like the one where he had Lisa ranked fifth and she was the boot and you are trying to argue that he called it correctly, he is just picking a margin of error without statistical basis. If one is to have any confidence in his results, he needs to have a consistent margin of error that is dependent on methodology, not on results.

We have no idea where any other singers actually rank besides the bootee, except on those rare occasions where they specifically state, like last night, "We are looking for the bottom two vote getters". As such, the only way to measure success of Dial Idol as a tool is to measure who is the last place person, absent margin of error, and compare that person to who is booted. On that score, Dial Idol is 4-4 over the season, with most of their success coming in recent weeks as the contestant base shrinks and the odds that any random statement about who is getting botted is correct increase. (That is, with five people left there is a 1-5 chance that a random statement that "Paris is going to be booted" is correct. When there were 12 contestants left, there was a 1-12 chance that a random pick would be correct.)

If you want to argue that you can't count Dial Idol as completely wrong if they pick, as they did in Week Three, seven out of the ten contestants as potential picks, well, fine. But if you go that route, I don't think you can count Dial Idol as completely right, either. In which case they're 4-2 with 2 no decisions in 8 events. That's still only a 50% accuracy rate.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Neither"
You'll have to show me where in my original post it says that the fans ONLY win if Taylor wins.

Of course all of the remaining contestants have fans. Personally I think it's a great group.

My point was, and still is, that I believe Taylor has the largest fanbase, at least the largest actively voting fanbase. He is the only contestant this season not yet in the bottom group. That held even during the weeks he 'phoned' it in.

I put more faith in DialIdol than the weasel does. Taylor has consistently been at the top. This week he was at the top by the largest margin so far and the only one shown not as a possibility for the bottom 2.

I'm just saying, skeptic that I am, that no one will ever make me believe that Rueben actually got more votes than Clay in Season 2. AI chose Rueben.

And my personal belief is, that if it's Taylor & Chris in the finale this year, it doesn't matter what the vote totals are, Chris will be declared the winner. That's where my "doesn't matter what the fans want" comment comes from.

05-04-06, 03:22 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Neither"
We're walking hand in hand on this one, geg. Hand in hand. Taylor's fan base has topped out. Might it be large enough to take him to top two? Maybe. But I don't see him picking up a substantial number of fans from any of the other singers, including Paris.

I also agree that they would never manipulate the actual votes or the means of voting. I have no problems saying they would manipulate other factors (interview time, placement, etc.). But manipulate vote totals? Never. No money in it and lost money if you did and were found out.

05-04-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
39. "*SWOON*"
I've always wanted to walk hand in hand with a mysterious man in a trenchcoat and fedora.

But, technically, wouldn't that be hand in paw?

05-04-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
41. "RE: *SWOON*"
Whatever works for you, baby. Whatever works for you.

CheekyMonkey2 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CheekyMonkey2 Click to send private message to CheekyMonkey2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Chris"
Chris

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •