The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am Sleepless in Seattle"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-19-02, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am Sleepless in Seattle"
I live in Seattle, and I could not sleep last night. I could not get over the fact that Flo was one half of a winning team. As many others have already posted there is no justice when that pathetic ##### wins by doing nothing but whine, complain, cry, and carry on like a two year old.

Ken and Gerard lost by virtue of having to wait longer for a cab at the Seattle Center. However, they actually made the best move to find a cab. The International Fountain is inside the grounds of the Seattle Center. Anyone would have to go outside the Center to hail a cab. Some exits out would be better than others in looking for a cab. However, there is nothing inside the grounds that would give anyone a clue as to which direction might be better.

The teams arrived in Seattle a little before 9:00am, they would have been at the Center by 10:00am. This is not an area where cabs are likely to cruise at that time of day. I would have gone to the Space Needle too, which is just what the O'Brothers did. They had bad luck in having to wait longer than the other teams for their cab. We have such horrible traffic here that at any other time of day there would or could have been enough of a traffic jam along the routes to and from the various parks that could easily have changed the outcome. The producers had this set up in their placements, and permitting the teams to go by cab, to last about two hours from arrival in Seattle to the finish line.

A better finish in Seattle would have required the teams to go from the airport by bus to downtown seattle and find their way on foot to a destination at the Pike Place Market. They could have picked either slow, express, or a direct airport bus....any one of which would have altered the time and path of the teams, and would have made for some exciting racing. The market is on multiple floors in several buildings, and presents a confusing pattern that locals cannot master. Leaving the market there is a waterfront park that stretches out for several miles that would have been a great venue for the finishing sprint from the Market to the Park. This would not have involved taxi's, but would have required real travel smarts....It is too bad the producers were not more creative.

I also have to comment on the behavior of Flo. I invite some folks with medical training to weigh in on my theory.....I believe Flo has a serious mental and/or medical problem. I am not joking. I have never observed anyone that could go from such highs to such lows. Usually such people find themselves in prison or in an institution because they are unable to control themselves, and that loss of control results in behavior that runs afoul of the law. When Flo is "up" she is

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle jgeorge711 12-19-02 1
 RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle mocha madness 12-20-02 2
   RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle AresMars 12-27-02 4
 RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle aser2000 12-22-02 3
   RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle SteffiGurl 12-28-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jgeorge711 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jgeorge711 Click to send private message to jgeorge711 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle"
I agree with you on the producers. The finish set up really sucked. Ken and Gerard became just unlucky on when/where a cab was going to show up near the center. A race to Pike's place, find and sort some fish, and then to the park would have been really fun to watch.

It is too bad CBS became way too lazy in setting up the final tasks that the entire 41,000 miles came down to luck of the draw for the teams. K/G and T/I were much, much, much better overall racers than Z/F. A frigging lucky taxi break and they get the bucks.

Flo should get nothing, nada, 0. That is how much she contributed to the team. Zach was truly amazing.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle"
I must amend my post....a local seattle paper reported that the finale was shot on the morning of Sunday, September 8th. The article in the local paper made the same comment that I did.....the improbability of hailing a cab at that hour and at a location near the Seattle Center. The fact that it was on a Sunday morning is a huge red flag. It raises the question of how much of the final dash for the cash was a set up, and how much was reality.

The final part of my original post did not make it in....what I added was my belief that the glee of the producers in having a Flo breakdown must have turned to concern that she was so far over the edge that even the best efforts of Zach could not coax her further. Did they give her Zoloft at the pitstop to keep her going? Flo needs to use her $$$$ on a medical workup, therapy, and a life time stash of medication, or a lobotomy.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle"
I vote for the lobotomy, with a dull knife.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

aser2000 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-22-02, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aser2000 Click to send private message to aser2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle"
Keep in mind this show's primary target audience is the States. Therefore on the last stage, in order to keep a low profile, the detours/roadblocks were all relatively held in more secluded areas. A market scenario would be chaotic as many people would be able to determine the final 3 contestants of the show months in advance of the airing.

That's my theory at least.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-28-02, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I am Sleepless in Seattle"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-02 AT 06:00 AM (EST)

No doubt that Flo needs therapy, but I think her problem is a simple case of lack of confidence and/or faith. When she first started flipping out on the rappelling, I thought to myself, she's only freaking because she doesn't believe she can do it. Physical strength or not, Flo lacked the mental ability to believe that she can perservere. That, and ragging on Zach was just anger towards herself for being a failure. People who have personal issues with themselves often lash out at those around them. Flo is probably comfortable with Zach so she takes for granted the opportunity to vent to him.

Zoloft or not, Flo has got to get some faith in herself.

Edited to remove horrible grammar error.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •